Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you want to check or catch up on all of Adam Carter's tweets. CBC has listed them here, in date order and easy to read.

Day 1 The Wayne Millard trial, Day 1
Day 2 The Wayne Millard trial, Day 2
Day 3 The Wayne Millard trial, Day 3
Day 4 The Wayne Millard trial, Day 4
Day 5 The Wayne Millard trial, Day 5
Day 6 The Wayne Millard trial, Day 6
Day 7 The Wayne Millard trial, Day 7
Day 8 (LIVE - June 12) The Wayne Millard trial, Day 8

The current day is live so is in reverse order like twitter, but the others are date order.

If either JC or WM were using a cellphone, wouldn't there be a record of the time. I feel that as this is judge only there are a lot of specifics that we are not seeing because they don't need to be explained to a jury, but which might exist nonetheless.
Regardless of which type of phone was used for the call between JC and WM, there would be records available to substantiate the time. I wonder if we will hear about that?

From AM's tweets this morning: "About 7:08 p.m., Michalski texts Millard: "Dude I'm sorry for not coming to see Wayne. I couldn't if you need ANYTHING let me know"
Does this mean that AM did NOT go over to Maple Gate (and that DM lied in the police statement)? Or could he mean that he's sorry he didn't actually go inside to see the body? (but that would be weird, IMO)

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1h1 hour ago
Barnes says he never heard back from Wayne Millard on that. He learned Wayne Millard had died at a meeting in the hangar on Dec. 4. #Millard

He says all of the employees were there, alongside Dellen Millard, Madeleine Burns, and the family's lawyer. He says the family said Wayne had died of an aneurysm, and the business was being closed down. He says Dellen Millard seemed upset at the meeting. #Millard

"We were all in shock and disappointed," Barnes says. #Millard

Barnes says Wayne Millard may have mentioned he was in a relationship once, but he never met her. #Millard

Barnes says there were about four or five significant competitors for MillardAir in the MRO business. #MillardAir

We're now breaking for lunch. Back at 2:15 p.m. #Millard

I don't think there will be a "gotcha". Has the judge already seen all the evidence anyway at pre-trial? In jury cases, I would think "gotcha's" have a greater impact. Here they seem to be going through the motions and it will rest more on the final presentations. On the other hand I can't see a conviction on what's happened so far, so maybe the Crown has more, but if MB isn't called this could be over in a couple of days.
There is always a possibility that the judge will feel the Crown hasn't met its burden, particularly if the statement is tossed, but there is a lot of traditional circumstantial evidence here. We're spoiled by trial evidence found in Tim's and Laura's proceedings, and by technology like DNA. But before DNA and troves of electronic evidence, people were convicted on evidence just like this.

From AM's tweets this morning: "About 7:08 p.m., Michalski texts Millard: "Dude I'm sorry for not coming to see Wayne. I couldn't if you need ANYTHING let me know"
Does this mean that AM did NOT go over to Maple Gate (and that DM lied in the police statement)? Or could he mean that he's sorry he didn't actually go inside to see the body? (but that would be weird, IMO)
Yes, that message sounded really strange. You don't invite people over to look at your dead father who has blood running out of his eye. Wouldn't the body be out of bounds anyway.
Unless he referred to knowing it was going to happen and when DM called him over earlier to view his handiwork, he couldn't make it. But, if that was the case, I don't know why he would put it in a message.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Court is now back in session. Millard's lawyer, Ravin Pillay, is beginning his cross-examination. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Pillay is talking about the last meeting he had with Wayne Millard, at Maple Gate. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
He says there was some talk of a FBO business, or a fixed based operation. That would include parking and selling fuel for planes. That's what MillardAir did previously, Pillay says, but Barnes says he doesn't know. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Pillay is now talking about the emails between Wayne Millard and Barnes. He's pointing out a section of the email where Barnes mentioned a FBO business plan, which had come up in the meeting. Barnes says Wayne Millard had mentioned it in the earlier meeting. #Millard

Barnes says this was a surprise to him, because they had put a lot of money and resources on the MRO project. #Millard

Good point. I was thinking that he meant either i)he didn't go at all, which is confusing, but then that would only mean another boldfaced lie out of DM's mouth; or ii)he didn't go to see him before, in the days before his death - which also doesn't make sense.
I think you've hit the nail on the head with that he just didn't go in the house to see WM's dead body, and then had to apologize for it? Why? Who would've wanted their friend to see their dad that way?? That is bizzzzarrro!

If either JC or WM were using a cellphone, wouldn't there be a record of the time. I feel that as this is judge only there are a lot of specifics that we are not seeing because they don't need to be explained to a jury, but which might exist nonetheless.

That’s sure seems to be what’s happening and also explains why there is many question marks within the testimony.

What’s leaving me uneasy, MM testified DM left the Samsung and his credit card to get pizza at MSs, proving DM has a habit of handing off his cellphone and credit cards to other people. For the Crown to win this conviction from what we’ve heard so far, I think it will be critical they prove DM was in possession of the phone that pinged between 1am and 6am the morning of the 29th because, unfortunately it didn’t appear the cab driver was able to ID him. But the trial is not over...

Reading how DM was with the Barnes guy, DM was showing his true colors the hostility and even canceling a cheque to pay him That is IMO the real DM, the calm, cool guy he likes to portray is just a facade and the real DM is the one and how he treated Barnes. He is a very manipulative, angry, entitled complete . I feel very sorry for his father because I am sure DM made his life hell. Even accusing the father of being a failure when he knew he had just murdered Laura, just a despicable, despicable person.

Good point. I was thinking that he meant either i)he didn't go at all, which is confusing, but then that would only mean another boldfaced lie out of DM's mouth; or ii)he didn't go to see him before, in the days before his death - which also doesn't make sense.
I think you've hit the nail on the head with that he just didn't go in the house to see WM's dead body, and then had to apologize for it? Why? Who would've wanted their friend to see their dad that way?? That is bizzzzarrro!

At 5:56 p.m. on Nov 29, Millard texts his friend Andrew Michalski and says: "bro please come over, I don't want to be alone, something terrible has happened." Michalski responds: "Ok Im coming." About 7:08 p.m., Michalski texts Millard: "Dude I'm sorry for not coming to see Wayne. I couldn't if you need ANYTHING let me know"
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

Probably the part of the conversation is missing. Or they spoke over the phone. DM did not mention Wayne; but AM wrote about him.

Will AM testify?

I don't think there will be a "gotcha". Has the judge already seen all the evidence anyway at pre-trial? In jury cases, I would think "gotcha's" have a greater impact. Here they seem to be going through the motions and it will rest more on the final presentations. On the other hand I can't see a conviction on what's happened so far, so maybe the Crown has more, but if MB isn't called this could be over in a couple of days.

There's been some decent evidence revealed so far that I believe can lead to a conviction. DM was at his father's house at the time of the murder, based on cell phone records. The gun used was one that DM bought from a weapons dealer. His DNA was on the gun. WM had cleanen out his own guns prior to this.

DM's untroubled demenour after the death of his father has been noted.

There are taxi records of DM's coming and going during that night based on phone records. MM testified that DM stayed overnight with her and MS just one time, and that they walked DM to a convenience store that evening. She heard about WM's death after that night.

The housekeeper's statement has been entered into evidence. I'm sure that there is some useful info there, although it would be nice to read it.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Pillay says the aircraft maintenance business is very complex, and Barnes agrees. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Barnes agrees that its "fair" that Wayne Millard didn't have a background in aircraft maintenance. "He could not have done it himself, he wasn't qualified to," Pillay says. #Millard

Barnes says Dellen Millard didn't have anything to do with getting the Transport Canada certification for the business that he knew about. #Millard

I am going to venture to say that maybe b/c he the housekeeper hadn't found his body yet, that maybe AM could be the one to discover the body. Along the lines of I haven't heard from my Dad in a while could you go check on him, as AM just lived down the block, it wouldn't seem unreasonable. I think it is pretty clear he did not want to be the one to discover the body or make the 911 call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo