Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it “to take out of the country” or to take out into the country? I got the impression DM was saying they were given to someone to shoot in a country setting. Kind of like he, himself was doing on his farm?

Maybe, I couldn't hear everything he said clearly. But would someone take a bunch of handguns to use in a country setting?

BBM

I’ll try digging up the gun info. Unless someone knows where to look for it? MWJ claimed he bought a gun off of the original owner. If true and is THIS gun, that’d explain why there was no reported file of it being stolen. Anyone else remember this tidbit of info?

The only google hit I can come up with right now is "page not available", but the snippet shows enough:

Matthew Ward-Jackson says he pleaded guilty to the gun transaction .... a .32 calibre Smith and Wesson firearm from Miss Theresa Boisvert

It was said WM carried guns when he went on solo flights up to isolated places so presumably DM was aware of guns being in the house from a very young age. Not sure why WM would need a collection of guns for that purpose. Interesting that the police officer confirmed that WM handed in his guns, but DM said they were given to a friend to take out of the country. He was very specific about this and even gave the guy's name. I wonder how many guns there were about that house.

I suspect Wayne told DM they were given to a friend because he wouldn't want him to know he involved the police.

Maybe, I couldn't hear everything he said clearly. But would someone take a bunch of handguns to use in a country setting?

In the video around the 24min mark, DM stated it was his understanding that his father, prompted by the gun registry, gave all his guns to Les Beebee (?), who was a friend who used to work for the company, “who would take them out in the country somewhere on his property or a family member’s property and just shoot them”.

Last edited:
I don't believe they normally have character witnesses. JC was there due to the time issue IMO. I think he had friends in retired pilot organizations. Seems to me I read something an old friend had written.
WM was part of the aviation community and had pilot friends at the small airports like Brantford & Guelph. The Millardair DC 3's were fixtures at Brantford for years. IMHO, you don't have a collection of planes and cars like WM did and not have a good number of friends. MB and DM would like to paint him as a drunken, crippled hermit, but I think he got around probably more than DM or MB ever imagined- after all, DM was a psychopath travelling the globe enjoying drugs and buying friends; what would did he really know about WM? Also, the fact that he stayed at JC's house almost immediately after they met in person and spoke of leaving some stuff there, along with taking her for a tour of the hanger indicates to me that he knew exactly what his problem was. He thought enough of JC that he didn't want to take her to his home. Now, what if DM had threatened WM before? What if DM had tried to kill his Dad previously? What if he had suspected DM was capable of harming JC? What if WM was onto him?

Seems to me that WM loved reading up about things, had a keen interest in genealogy and was no stranger to communicating by email or chatting on the phone for hours. Doesn't sound like a depressed soul. Just because he wasn't entertaining every other week or having loads of visitors stop by the house really doesn't mean he was a hermit. I've often thought that perhaps DM was the reason why WM didn't have people, including JC over more often. IMHO, DM had absolutely no respect for his Dad's home- he almost treated it as if it was his home and WM stayed there.

Now the big question- If I walked into my home and found a relative dead I would 1) call 911 and #2, contact next of kin. I would imagine EMS arriving, followed by police, followed by next of kin. I would never think to call "next of kin" first- plus I would not go back into the room where the dead body was until LE got there and for some reason I would be hoping EMS got there asap because maybe my loved one wasn't dead! The way this unfolded is bizarre. DM, the guy who's suppose to be smart, worldly and oh so mature, finds his Dad dead and doesn't call 911- instead he calls AM to wait with him in the driveway until his mom can drive there and spend 5-10 minutes alone in the house with the corpse of her ex-husband. Then she calls 911. mmmmm Did she play "clean-up" for DM, just like with wiping down the trailer?

Thinking about WM's seeming lack of friends.. he's from a time when it was more important to have a couple of 'good' friends, as opposed to hundreds of meaningless 'friends'. It had to have been awkward for him, considering his wealth in contrast with his lifestyle. He likely didn't really seem to fit in with the people with similar financial status, and also perhaps wouldn't have known which other types of friends to trust that they weren't just out for money? I think it's also different when you're an adult, you don't necessarily make 'new', close friends. Not sure if he may have lost some 'old' friends when he and MB split up and any friends may have gone to the 'other side'? jmo

One thing I wonder about, was WM “wealthy” prior to his fathers death in 2006 or was it by inheritance that both he and his son suddenly increased their financial status.

Just my personal opinion gleamed from various sources, it appears CM was driven by the almighty dollar, described as controlling and somewhat self-entered. In that WM admitted his “problems with alcohol”, it’s possible their relationship was just as distant and unhealthy as that of WM and DM.

The only google hit I can come up with right now is "page not available", but the snippet shows enough:

Thanks SillyBilly, that’s what/who I was talking about. Looked all morning for it.

I don’t believe we’ve heard anything Different from Theresa B about guns missing. I’m sure this would have been proven in MJW’s arms case If the S&W gun was stolen.

I suspect Wayne told DM they were given to a friend because he wouldn't want him to know he involved the police.

I still can’t help wondering if WM started seeing MH issues arising from DM. We’ve heard Uncle Burns talk of issues with DM, and some issues brought up to DM’s parents. Of course Burns couldn’t finish in court and we can only assume.

This happened with me. My sister pointed out that something wasn’t right with my daughter at age 10. It caused animosity between us as. 1) this was my only child. 2) my daughter was perfect to me and I was blind to the issues. Besides, she was too smart to be MH! Average of 98% in school!!
Now 15 yrs later, I’m still trying to “fix” her and save her from herself.

In the video around the 24min mark, DM stated it was his understanding that his father, prompted by the gun registry, gave all his guns to Les Beebee (?), who was a friend who used to work for the company, “who would take them out in the country somewhere on his property or a family member’s property and just shoot them”.

Prompted by the gun registry? Handgun registration became law in 1934.

It would seem DM didn’t have the right information anyway if WM in fact gave them to the police? It’s interesting that DM would even drop someone’s name if Wayne did in fact give guns away? Are gun owners allowed to do that?

Last edited:
Tim Bosma murder suspect, Dellen Millard made surprising decision to dismantle family business
Whether Wayne knew what Dellen was up to is anybody’s guess. By that time, he and Madeleine had split and, according to Steve Glass, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time, Elizabeth Glass, Wayne didn’t use computers or email. Mr. Glass, 65, who lived in Maine and occasionally visited his sister in Toronto, said the couple liked to spend afternoons sitting around Wayne’s house drinking. “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze,” he said, adding that he believed Wayne genuinely cared for his sister, who died in 2009.

Given the comment of EGs brother, WM’s alcoholism wasn’t entirely a figment of fiction created by DM.

I also suspect the distancing situation involving MBs brother didn’t begin with DM’s behaviour.

Stastically the risk factor of death by suicide by alcoholics is very high, which could be why WMs death was written of as suicide very quickly. Indeed DM may have used that fact to his advantage.

Did you listen to the video CJPrincess? Does DM say registry or amnesty? I’m hearing registry.

I’m pretty sure the cop testified that WM called in to have his guns removed through the Amnesty program. Could have been an error in knowing the difference between Amnesty and Registration with DM.

JC Even says it was through the gun Amnesty.

May 31 2018 10:53 AM
Campbell says Wayne Millard had two guns, and he asked Toronto police to pick them up during a gun amnesty in the past. She never saw him with a gun.
Adam Carter

I wonder why Sutherland didn't use a roast beef or something instead of a styrofoam head?

While I wasn't exactly thinking roast beef, lol, I thought too that there must be something he could have used to more accurately sub-in for a human head. Sorry to be graphic, but why not use another mammalian head of similar dimensions and weight. I was actually surprised that Pillay didn't comment in some way.

JC Even says it was through the gun Amnesty.

May 31 2018 10:53 AM
Campbell says Wayne Millard had two guns, and he asked Toronto police to pick them up during a gun amnesty in the past. She never saw him with a gun.
Adam Carter

Having cut and past issues now :mad:

Finn, civilian officer picked up the guns. Day 6 of the trial.
Was was called “Project Safe City” kind of a gun Amnesty program. He said.

So I’m going to say, DM just made a mistake if he said Registration program.

Yeah, seems like we never got a date on that, nor did MM ever admit to having actually done it. Just said that DM had asked her to do it.

I found the below post on one of the threads here during TB's trial:

Perhaps most bizarrely, Smich's ex-girlfriend, Marlena Meneses said in one of her police statements that Millard asked her to wear a prosthetic, hollowed out pregnancy belly to smuggle ammunition back to Canada from the U.S. "It's kind of like a bathing suit and then it had a skin-coloured plastic belly," Meneses said.
This plot never actually happened, she said, adding that Smich told her not to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717