Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Pillay is trying to suggest that after Wayne Millard's death, the Transport Canada certification would be revoked. Barnes says no, there would be a grace period after a death for a new head of a company to be found. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"You didn't have many dealings with Dellen, correct?" Pillay asks. "Correct," Barnes says. He says he saw Wayne as his employer, and mostly dealt with him. #Millard

I am going to venture to say that maybe b/c he the housekeeper hadn't found his body yet, that maybe AM could be the one to discover the body. Along the lines of I haven't heard from my Dad in a while could you go check on him, as AM just lived down the block, it wouldn't seem unreasonable. I think it is pretty clear he did not want to be the one to discover the body or make the 911 call.
As he'd already texted AM that something terrible had happened, that wouldn't make much sense. I think AM showed up and DM asked him to go in and make sure that he was actually dead. AM said no way.

[QUOTE="

We're now seeing an email that Wayne Millard sent Barnes on Thursday Nov. 29 at 2:50 a.m. It's about this system. Millard says the figures Barnes gave at an earlier meeting about this system are false. He calls this "blatantly irresponsible." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Barnes says he was "quite offended" by this, and sent an email back, but didn't get a response. The big thing here is the time -- that email appears to show that Wayne Millard was alive on Nov. 29 at 2:50 a.m. #Millard[/QUOTE]

Could DM have gotten onto his dad's computer and sent that to stir the poop? Point a finger at Barnes?

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Pillay says it was clear that Wayne was trying to save money. Barnes says he didn't look at it that way. #Millard

Barnes agrees that meetings for the business were happening at Maple Gate, and they were informal. Millard's cats were around and on tables at this point, he says. #Millard

Barnes also says Wayne was essentially immobile for a time, and was getting around in a scooter for a time. #Millard

There's been some decent evidence revealed so far that I believe can lead to a conviction. DM was at his father's house at the time of the murder, based on cell phone records. The gun used was one that DM bought from a weapons dealer. His DNA was on the gun. WM had cleanen out his own guns prior to this.

DM's untroubled demenour after the death of his father has been noted.

There are taxi records of DM's coming and going during that night based on phone records. MM testified that DM stayed overnight with her and MS just one time, and that they walked DM to a convenience store that evening. She heard about WM's death after that night.

The housekeeper's statement has been entered into evidence. I'm sure that there is some useful info there, although it would be nice to read it.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall seeing any evidence that showed DM was at the house at the time of death and we don't actually know what the time of death was. I know we heard that his phone pinged near their at a certain time but was that the time of death?
The DNA point is not really significant because we know he bought it and allegedly used it in July.
Also we haven't seen or heard what the taxi records show and for the record I personally don't believe a word MM says.
All I'm saying is that no evidence that has been made public has convinced me, but that's just how I feel atm but it doesn't mean that I think he didn't do it.

"You didn't know Wayne personally, right?" Pillay asks. Barnes says no -- they weren't friends. "Wayne kept to himself, fair?" Barnes says yes. #Millard

Pillay is now conferring with Millard at the witness box. He's asking for two minutes from the judge, and sitting back at his computer. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Pillay now asking if he was familiar with the amount of the loan from RBC. "I believe it was $3 million," Barnes says. That's it from Pillay. The Crown is now re-examining. #Millard

Crown Jill Cameron now asking about MillardAir's organizational chart. She says this was in relation to the business plan, which was different from the one in the company's maintenance policy. #Millard

In this plan, there is an organizational chart. There's a section for vice president - and that vice-president is listed as Dellen Millard. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 47s48 seconds ago
IT also lists Dellen Millard as the 50 per cent owner of MillardAir. #Millard

Yes, that message sounded really strange. You don't invite people over to look at your dead father who has blood running out of his eye. Wouldn't the body be out of bounds anyway.
Unless he referred to knowing it was going to happen and when DM called him over earlier to view his handiwork, he couldn't make it. But, if that was the case, I don't know why he would put it in a message.

Yes it is an odd text given the time of death was listed as after that - 7 something. Wonder if AM was to be a fall guy and find the body? Or maybe when DM wasn't getting any phone calls about the housekeeper finding him he asked AM to go over and check on him.

Pillay is now talking about the emails between Wayne Millard and Barnes. He's pointing out a section of the email where Barnes mentioned a FBO business plan, which had come up in the meeting. Barnes says Wayne Millard had mentioned it in the earlier meeting. #Millard

Barnes says this was a surprise to him, because they had put a lot of money and resources on the MRO project. #Millard

Ironically, after the hanger sat empty for two years, it was eventually leased by a corporate group to use as a FBO.

“...There are very few companies that can utilize the sheer size and height of that structure," Wood said. "I would think that would be what took the most time. There's a limited number of people who can use it."

New tenant fills gap left by Millard Air at airport | CBC News

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall seeing any evidence that showed DM was at the house at the time of death and we don't actually know what the time of death was. I know we heard that his phone pinged near their at a certain time but was that the time of death?
The DNA point is not really significant because we know he bought it and allegedly used it in July.
Also we haven't seen or heard what the taxi records show and for the record I personally don't believe a word MM says.
All I'm saying is that no evidence that has been made public has convinced me, but that's just how I feel atm but it doesn't mean that I think he didn't do it.

The coroner declared time of death 7 something pm because that is when paramedics officially found the body. But the coroner concluded at 11pm he had to have been dead for at least 18 hours due to rigamortis. That puts the time frame of death between 3 and 5 am. DM's phone pinged at MapleGate at 6 am. He was there. MM says he returned to her place in the morning.

The coroner, Dr. Evans stated that the time of death was at least 18 hrs prior to the time that he completed his investigation, which was at 11pm. Dellen Millard describes in murder trial video how he found father's body | CBC News

As he'd already texted AM that something terrible had happened, that wouldn't make much sense. I think AM showed up and DM asked him to go in and make sure that he was actually dead. AM said no way.

why would AM text him when he was with him?

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
That's it for Barnes. His testimony is finished. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
The Crown's next witness is Philip Woodward. Of note -- both of these witnesses from this afternoon have thick British accents. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Crown Jill Cameron is again doing the examination in chief here. He says he came to Canada in 1989, and works in the airline industry. #Millard

He started to work with MillardAir in October of 2011. Woodward said he'd known Wayne Millard for several years before that. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
They were both working for Canada 3000, where Wayne Millard was a pilot, back in the mid 90s. #Millard

I was reading about how to spot a liar. One is they sound rehearsed. Another is they add extra unnecessary detail. If I were being interviewed, I'd be gasping and saying "oh man..." every once in a while or pausing to think due to shock.

He was rehearsed IMO and the extra details were about his dog, getting a snack, getting a sweater, food dish. And if you find your dad dead, why do you have to go back to your bedroom for a minute? That's what he said, "I had to go back to my bedroom for a min." random imo

Good point. I was thinking that he meant either i)he didn't go at all, which is confusing, but then that would only mean another boldfaced lie out of DM's mouth; or ii)he didn't go to see him before, in the days before his death - which also doesn't make sense.
I think you've hit the nail on the head with that he just didn't go in the house to see WM's dead body, and then had to apologize for it? Why? Who would've wanted their friend to see their dad that way?? That is bizzzzarrro!

I'm thinking DM called him say about mid-afternoon saying he hadn't heard from his dad could AM check on him. AM was apologizing realizing maybe his dad was depressed and had he gone it wouldn't have happened.

Now and only now AM realizes what his friend really wanted him to do. Find the body and call police without DM there. DM would have been all the way in Waterloo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay