Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pillay is zooming in on a part of the pillow. There's blood soaked into it. Pillay suggests it could have been around the head and hands of Millard when he was shot -- and that could have acted as an "edged surface" to create the gunshot residue line we see on Millard's pillow. Pillay now asking where his notes are about this in his report. "So the evidence doesn't matter to you, right?" Pillay asks. "That's not true at all," Sutherland responds, very earnestly.
by Adam Carter 4:14 PM

"You're supposed to be fair, you're supposed to be impartial. Why wouldn't you note this?" Pillay asks.
by Adam Carter 4:16 PM

Pillay is now saying Sutherland doesn't know if there's any gunshot residue on the edge of the blanket, where the blood is seen. Sutherland says that's correct.
by Adam Carter 4:17 PM

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Pillay is now showing a photo of #Millard's body with an arrow superimposed over it, as alternative angled for the way the gun could have been positioned near the pillow. Pillay is suggesting the direction of the gun Sutherland is suggesting does not match the pathology report.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sutherland says he did not study the trajectory of the bullet through Wayne Millard's head. That wasn't part of the consideration for his report. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
I would also expect a re-examination from the Crown here. After a cross-examination this complex and this long, Cameron will almost certainly have follow up questions. #Millard
Why do they assume he was shot with his left eye buried in the pillow? That seems most implausible!

Pillay is now showing a photo of Millard's left hand, and suggesting there's a pattern on it. He says it's an "intermediary surface in the scene." Sutherland says it's a "blood transfer."
by Adam Carter 4:20 PM

waiting1-smiley.gif
waiting1-smiley.gif
waiting1-smiley.gif

"You're not a scientist, correct?" Pillay asks. "I'm not employed as a scientist," Sutherland responds.
by Adam Carter 4:25 PM

I wondered why DM didn’t represent himself in this trial also. Unfortunately I’m beginning to get it....

Today was pretty intense but I think there is other evidence that has been presented, it doesn’t all come down to this. If anything, maybe Pillay will succeed in getting this thrown out and it may end up benefiting the Crown? I’m not really sure...i’m grasping

I give credit to Sutherland for holding his temper and confirming the facts. He had to have known that he'd get a thorough grilling from Pillay, but he's respectfully letting Pillay know whenever the lawyer is stating something that's not true.

Court now back in session. Pillay says he has completed his cross examination. Crown Jill Cameron will conduct a re-examination of the witness Monday morning. Then we'll hear if Pillay will call defence witnesses. That's it from court today -- thanks everyone for following along.
by Adam Carter 4:34 PM

This whole cross felt so silly and reaching, IMO. I was waiting for Pillay to ask "Well, you didn't try standing on your head and shooting the gun to see what the mark left from the gun would look like did you? So you didn't try everything!"

It just felt so incredibly ridiculous.

If all Pillay can do is try discredit a very qualified expert witness, he obviously doesn't have much to work with, IMO.

Back on the farm when we slaughtered a beef or hog, they did a lot of kicking and flailing around after they were shot.

Thankfully I haven’t witnessed anything such as that so all I have is my imagination. The photos of that antique wooden handled gun remind me of old westerns such as Gunsmoke or Roy Rogers.

But as a matter of basic physics, it sure would seem logical to me that a bullet entering the brain through the eye would create enough force to cause some type of movement even though the Coroner testified death would’ve been almost immediate.

But wouldn’t there’s be blood on the blanket if it was pulled up over WM’s head and hand? Thus is getting silly! I get that Pillay needs to discredit this testimony but this one is not a good “suggestion”

Or Maybe Pillay’s “digestion” was asking DM how he shot his dad?! :rolleyes:

JMO

Jun 15 2018 4:14 PM
Pillay is zooming in on a part of the pillow. There's blood soaked into it. Pillay suggests it could have been around the head and hands of Millard when he was shot -- and that could have acted as an "edged surface" to create the gunshot residue line we see on Millard's pillow. Pillay now asking where his notes are about this in his report. "So the evidence doesn't matter to you, right?" Pillay asks. "That's not true at all," Sutherland responds, very earnestly.
Adam Carter
0f02d2c9-ff9d-488d-8144-ea60d1142192.jpg

Why do they assume he was shot with his left eye buried in the pillow? That seems most implausible!

Put your head on a pillow and see where your eye is. My pillow eye is buried in my pillow, unless I fold it or put my head at the edge.

ETA: They’d also be going off the position of WM’s head and pooled blood.

JMO

But wouldn’t there’s be blood on the blanket if it was pulled up over WM’s head and hand? Thus is getting silly! I get that Pillay needs to discredit this testimony but this one is not a good “suggestion”

Or Maybe Pillay’s “digestion” was asking DM how he shot his dad?! :rolleyes:

JMO

Jun 15 2018 4:14 PM
Adam Carter
0f02d2c9-ff9d-488d-8144-ea60d1142192.jpg
If only the housekeeper would have found him like she was suppose to! So it's the illegal gun that DM bought from MWJ; same one MWJ is doing time for right now. Same phone # that called RB travelled by cab to and from Maple Gate the morning WM was murdered. I agree- RP is grasping at straws here- this evidence is so damning. Then of course, the last thing RP wants is a client who can't afford for his appeals. RP landed a good gig the minute DP was suspected of carrying letters out of jail and not getting DM off on this one may put a damper on DM's finances.

IMO, Sutherland has been through this type of grilling before- just typical defence attorney stuff. Gives guys like Sutherland a reason to go to work every day :)

I’m having trouble with orientation of the gun. DM and WM were both left handed. I’m not sure how either of them could have shot the gun in the orientation the reconstructionist is suggesting. I posted a link with the video, imagine DM shooting WM with his left hand in that position...

Also, since the reconstructionist did his firing using his right hand. Would that in itself change the soot pattern?

Crime scene reconstructionist tells trial he doesn't believe Wayne Millard shot himself | CBC News

FWIW, just a personal note here ... I am ambidextrous (but early on was termed left handed because I write with my left hand). I do pretty much all else with my right hand. In tennis, I don't have a backhand (I have a left and right forehand). I most definitely hold and shoot a gun with my right hand and would not be able to use my left hand to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717