We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I looked through every LA Gear I could find on eBay and couldn’t find anything that resembled the heart/trefoil or the words in a bold plain font.
Did they have knock off La Gear?
There definitely was knockoff LA gear(mostly China made, definitely remember a few folks having those) in early 00's, haven't seen much in last decade+

I have been looking at shoe treads until my eyes cross every night... This really needs to go to one of the LE databases.

I agree it looks like the LA Gear. The shoes referenced above with the similar pattern are "vintage LA Gear Hiking Boots." I found several. Here is one example:
1673037974922.png1673037983774.png

Also, it does look to me like the main pattern repeats or is flipped underneath, as another user mentioned way earlier in this thread. I am no artist, but maybe something like this:
1673037886991.png

Right now, I am looking at "over shoes" like the ones below, as well as safety shoes, and rubber boots with similar patterns, but have not found a close match.
1673038734088.png
Finally, I found a tactical gear brand (combat/police boots) called LA Police Gear (LAPG). Have not found any close matches, but thought it was interesting:
1673039129858.png

I have been looking at shoe treads until my eyes cross every night... This really needs to go to one of the LE databases.

I agree it looks like the LA Gear. The shoes referenced above with the similar pattern are "vintage LA Gear Hiking Boots." I found several. Here is one example:
View attachment 393207View attachment 393208

Also, it does look to me like the main pattern repeats or is flipped underneath, as another user mentioned way earlier in this thread. I am no artist, but maybe something like this:
View attachment 393205

Right now, I am looking at "over shoes" like the ones below, as well as safety shoes, and rubber boots with similar patterns, but have not found a close match.
View attachment 393217
Finally, I found a tactical gear brand (combat/police boots) called LA Police Gear (LAPG). Have not found any close matches, but thought it was interesting:
View attachment 393218
Wow! That is the closest that I’ve seen so far. I really don’t think it matters if efforts are duplicated in something like this, as everyone sees things differently.
I started with athletic and that led to hiking. I searched some overshoes, but not an exhaustive search. I can however tell you 50 different places where you can design your own shoe tread. I think if we solve this, we should get replicas made. Just for the memories!!!!
I hadn’t been posting my searches because of the reasons listed above (and I was getting no where). But I’ve been through US and Asian clogs, water shoes and slides. Water shoes were the closest. I’m actually on rubber soled slippers now.
Keep searching my friends!! We will prevail!!!

My heart stopped as soon as I saw it last night! I was shaking!
I sent a message to @Insightful1 so hopefully they and @Tricia will see it.

I’ve found a few variations of the Carreta work booth with slightly deferent designs and lettering, but not the exact lettering match we’re looking for. There were also other brand names with the same sole, but they all seem to be similar ‘Goodyear welted leather work boots made in Mexico.’

Other variations:

Now what am I gonna obsess over next? lol

Made in Mexico. Calzado. It's got to be Calzado. The Mexican version of "strong boot"! My guess, these boots were sold in Mexico. The ones made for export say STRONG BOOT. The ones sold in Mexico say it in Spanish.

JMO

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let all of you know I have forwarded the links to the shoes posted by dirt_rat to the appropriate person. We will let you know as soon as we hear back with news. Everyone has been doing such great work on this. All of you are amazing !

I feel like there is some sort of reward or something that needs to go along with this!! I was explaining it to my son when he asked why I was looking at kids shoes. I was trying to figure out how many hours I personally spent and it was easily over 50. Then I thought about how many people on here spent countless hours searching. What an amazing effort. Great job!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back