We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The current Idaho case has been such a disaster in other online places with all the "witch hunting" and doxing. A sharp contrast is this effort, where "web sleuthing" was at its best! We all worked very hard together and incrementally got more and more clues, painted a better and clearer picture of our target, added to our collective knowledge, kept closing in, and eventually got it! Well done, all! As far as rewards go, I feel like I just got mine. This was awesome. I hope we have more opportunities to direct our collective "sleuthing" energy into other similar constructive efforts.

The current Idaho case has been such a disaster in other online places with all the "witch hunting" and doxing. A sharp contrast is this effort, where "web sleuthing" was at its best! We all worked very hard together and incrementally got more and more clues, painted a better and clearer picture of our target, added to our collective knowledge, kept closing in, and eventually got it! Well done, all! As far as rewards go, I feel like I just got mine. This was awesome. I hope we have more opportunities to direct our collective "sleuthing" energy into other similar constructive efforts.
623 replies! Well, 624 now.

This thread has been one of the most interesting on WS ever, IMO.

The dedication and collaboration, respect of each person's vision and focus, and intense sense of purpose in at home research has been a lovely case to participate in.
It absolutely has. I’m in the process of setting up a YouTube channel mostly about court and crime. I think I might do a short recap of this so it is preserved in history for me to reflect on for years to come. Idaho has given us a bad name, but the work everyone has done through the years and the value of crowdsourcing will still be there when this hoopla passes. I’m so proud to be part of such a caring, impactful community!!

Big Congratulations to @dirt_rat ! This find is amazing!

Can anyone please give us what is known about this crime and the backstory?

:)
JMO

We don't really know any details at all, other than they believe it's a juvenile shoe print and it was left in a garage at a crime scene a few months ago. I don't think they have offered any more info than that yet but I could absolutely be wrong.

How do you find them?.

Honestly - I have no idea how I found them! I have been lurking on this thread since probably the day it was posted and went through hundreds, thousands of shoes like everyone else here has. Definitely went down every area I saw suggested, skate shoes, water shoes, shoe covers, something with "calzado", etc. Lately I've been leaning to some sort of boot, and looked through tons of hiking boots, work boots, rain boots, motorcycle boots, snow boots, anything! I was getting the feeling that work boots were the right answer - but I don't really know why. When I found it I was just half asleep and scrolling on ebay, I am 95% percent sure I just frustrated-ly typed in "work boot soles" into the search and the algorithm brought them to me!!! I spent a lot of time on ebay, google, and pintrest, and I think it had started to just pick up on the patterns I was clicking on and looking at, until it eventually brought them to me!

I definitely can't take too much credit - as I feel like that could have happened to any of us! :) There is also no way I ever would and found them without everyone else's suggestions and theories, and help knowing what to rule out! Thank you to everyone else here that made this happen - we did it!

I was going to reply when I saw this a week ago, but I've had the flu just after recovering from covid - and when I saw you had found THE boot I had just enough energy to yell into the universe "THANK #&$*%@# GOD!!" and toss my phone away from me God forbid I ever see a shoe tread pattern again.
So many people here, me included, put a ridiculous amount of hours and DAYS into this, with barely anything to go on. I really felt it would never get sorted. Thank you so much @dirt_rat for not giving up!!
Hopefully this helps the investigation, and I'm sure we've all honed some new skills and knowledge should another mystery shoe come along (please no, though)

I was going to reply when I saw this a week ago, but I've had the flu just after recovering from covid - and when I saw you had found THE boot I had just enough energy to yell into the universe "THANK #&$*%@# GOD!!" and toss my phone away from me God forbid I ever see a shoe tread pattern again.
So many people here, me included, put a ridiculous amount of hours and DAYS into this, with barely anything to go on. I really felt it would never get sorted. Thank you so much @dirt_rat for not giving up!!
Hopefully this helps the investigation, and I'm sure we've all honed some new skills and knowledge should another mystery shoe come along (please no, though)
I started thinking, for all the work we put it on this one pair, we prob could have developed our own database!!

I just thought that I would check in here after forcing myself to step away from checking sooooooo many shoe soles. I'm so ecstatic to see the sole match was found. Great work everyone! It was so neat to see the plethora of ideas being bounced around between so many intelligent members! Great work @dirt_rat! I am so happy to not look at shoe soles tonight.

I just thought that I would check in here after forcing myself to step away from checking sooooooo many shoe soles. I'm so ecstatic to see the sole match was found. Great work everyone! It was so neat to see the plethora of ideas being bounced around between so many intelligent members! Great work @dirt_rat! I am so happy to not look at shoe soles tonight.
I actually sent Miss Sherri a link to the Paul Raymond Harrod case yesterday and told her, I haven't been this frustrated since the great shoe chase!! lol

We don't really know any details at all, other than they believe it's a juvenile shoe print and it was left in a garage at a crime scene a few months ago. I don't think they have offered any more info than that yet but I could absolutely be wrong.
Makes me wonder what was under the freshly laid cement. What State, city,or town. I'm guessing they might already know what type of cement was used. Hopefully now that shoe has type has been zeroed in on the case will be cracked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back