WEBSLEUTHS WILL BE OFF LINE FOR A SOFTWARE UPDATE.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems I have a thread problem.

A thread I'm watching is not showing new posts though it seems there have been posts over the last couple of weeks that I've not seen.

. I only found out through a chat that there have been new posts there.

I don't even see any of the threads posts appear in New Posts.

What I've tried, Unwatch, then Watch. I've looked at Watched Threads and though the thread says I'm watching, the thread doesn't appear on my list of watched threads.

The only sign of the thread I'm following is a bookmark on my browser toolbar or if I do a WS search for it.

I just tried Unwatch then Watch and chose the get an email notification but it's almost half an hour later and no email.

I looked around in my preferences and all of a sudden the thread has now appeared in my watched threads list.
Not sure what did it but I'm glad it's back.

I see advertisements within members’ posts
(As opposed to between posts, or at the top and bottom of a page)
Attaching an example

Attachments

• 76B49475-DC27-4107-9E27-0FA76BD3C36D.png
    76B49475-DC27-4107-9E27-0FA76BD3C36D.png
    299.3 KB · Views: 25
I have three recurring (multiple times daily) errors since the update. The first is an Error 524 page that says: You browser working (green checkmark)Los Angeles Cloudfare working ( green checkmark) www.websleuths.com host Error (red x) then troubleshooting information with my ip address at the bottom of page.
The second is when I go back a page, there is just a tiny image icon with a red x on a black background, no other text. It resolves when I refresh it.
The third is when the ad covering the entire page gets closed by clicking the upper right hand x, the thread jumps forward one or two pages instead of where I last left off.

I’ve just been going through all my watched threads, I have 48 pages. When I click on pages the majority say ‘ no threads to display’ some only have one thread per page some have just 2 or 3. It’s not really a problem I just wondered if it’s something I’m doing wrong?
I would also love to see this "fixed." But my issue is that there are empty pages at the very end of my Watched Threads. So if I want to go to my very oldest watched-thread (to bump it up after looking online for any updates on the case), I have to guess which page to go to. (For example if it showed 50 pages, numbers 46 - 50 might all be blank pages, so I have to keep backtracking to find the oldest thread.)

The new update is working well for me. There are some nice new features and I’m really happy to be rid of the news videos at the top of each page. :) But I’m finding the orange on orange print showing the name of the person someone is replying to very hard to read (old eyes!), as shown in the screenshot. Is there a way to have more contrast? Thanks!

E67D921B-29E4-4B9C-87ED-8A414F8E1CB1.png

I have three recurring (multiple times daily) errors since the update. The first is an Error 524 page that says: You browser working (green checkmark)Los Angeles Cloudfare working ( green checkmark) www.websleuths.com host Error (red x) then troubleshooting information with my ip address at the bottom of page.
The second is when I go back a page, there is just a tiny image icon with a red x on a black background, no other text. It resolves when I refresh it.
The third is when the ad covering the entire page gets closed by clicking the upper right hand x, the thread jumps forward one or two pages instead of where I last left off.
I also have the 3rd problem

Cloudfare 524 issue - I am aware and have been working with others to try to minimize this as much as possible. At this point it happens very rarely. I do not think I have ever seen a site running thru cloudfare that it does not happen on rare occassion. A simple refresh should put you where you want to be.

blackpage with red x - Wow I thought this was cleared up. I will keep my eye open for this. I have to be able to pull this error myself in order to make any steps towards fixing this.

thread skipping a couple of pages - I was not aware of this but I will speak with the vendor.

orange on orange in the quote box - I will work on this.

I am having problems posting pictures with the new software. This even after I downsize the photo to below 500 x 400, with a downsizing app. Can someone tell me what size a photo needs to be on the new software.

I want to apologize in advance for spilling out so many software concerns here, but I'm hoping some can be fixed. Thank You in advance.

I had less trouble at first with the new software. Lately, it's been moody, and giving trouble when posting images, by going into "Microsoft Edge not responding" mode. My page turns white and freezes when I'm trying to copy and paste an image into my post. I have to wait a long time until it comes out of that mode and downloads the image.

It's a little easier if I use my snip program to copy the image then paste it, but it still hesitates and pauses. This never happened with the old software. Would it be best now to always use my snip program to copy and paste images?

I miss the member's name at the end of a long post.

Glitches that are hard to explain-- it leaves me stuck sometimes not being able to get out of bold or some other stubborn problem. If I copy a part of text from a news article, it sometimes will only allow it to be double-spaced. I've tried remove format by that doesn't help.

One member shared-- I started having trouble with liking. When I hit like I have this orange streak moving at the top of the page. I, too, have seen that streak on the top of the page when it's pausing to process changes or trying to post my images.

Again, sorry for this long post. Any suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated, especially with the "Microsoft Edge not responding" when downloading images.
Please just know, YOU are appreciated.

@TootsieFootsie and I miss the member's name at the end of a long post. Any chance that could be added?

I clear my Cookies on a regular basis, but... One of the first things I did after reading the article you linked was clear my Cache Images and Files, which I hardly ever cleared. I think it helped so far. :) Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf