weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Juan on Monday, pulling out a dvd exhibit #1000 where LaV is on YouTube explaining Snow White as a battered woman where the mother, father, wicked stepmother and dwarves were part of her battered fairytale character.

LaV says on about 25:00 on YouTube: "think about SW father, he was not atypical of the portrayal of fathers in fairytales, he was emotionally impotent, he didn’t protect his children and made lousy marital choices"

I can see JW objection as she ejects from her seat and lands on the Seal,:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
[video=youtube;vFt8FCrBk6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFt8FCrBk6k[/video] at about 25:00 she starts taking about SW.

I do believe that this is part of the uneasiness I feel about it.

Juror #5 being in the courtroom does not distract me in the least.

In fact I don't pay much attention when the camera pans across the gallery even before #5 came there yesterday.

I don't watch on line sites either than have split screens that show Arias and then the witness. I prefer to watch the testimony of the witness and couldn't care less about watching the defendant.

So it isn't a big deal to me at all that she is there.

IMO

I agree - it sounded like (to me) the whole courtroom laughed. Not just a few JA supporters.

Nope, check out the video. Believe me, I watched it many times. :D

There were two women laughing and one that covered her mouth. No one else made any facial expressions. At least no one else that was in the camera angle.

I don't agree that LaViolette hates men, per se, but I do believe she is extremely biased and even to some degree naive about abuse victims altogether - who are predominantly women.

She leaves little room in works I've seen to account for male victims and in addition seems to 'whitewash' female abuse victims into a (sometimes very inappropriate) virginal, innocent, helpless maiden simply awaiting rescue.

And in so doing, I think she's very unfair - and even potentially dangerous - to the very complex issues at play. Not all abuse victims are snowy white but many are in some way vulnerable - I'd consider compassion or empathy 'vulnerabilities' for this purpose, in addition to many, many others. Abuse, as I see it, is a predatory process in which an abuser targets their victim and uses a series of abusive, manipulative, and controlling behaviors to use a victim's vulnerabilities against them - solely to keep them in the relationship and complacent.

So if we flip this case around, and lend credence to Travis' many friends, family, co-workers, and acquaintances accounts they shared online prior to the beginning of this trial - that he gave people the benefit of the doubt, was very trusting, and that he had a nature of being generous, sometimes to a fault and his own detriment; if we also add in he likely lived in a very insulated world due to his religion being the focal point much of his life revolved around; and if we concede he'd likely never encountered a psychopathic before...

I think it becomes a very apparent, very clear-cut pattern of a very typical abusive relationship, and Travis a very similar profile to other abuse victims.

Speaking of "typical abusive" just reading about a trial I saw a Dateline (or something) on, a woman's stalker, who had already served time for stalking the woman I'm about to talk about killed her best friend and attacked the friend's 6 year old after he got of of prison, and was sentenced to life. (Waseem Daker = defendant)

Now the woman who was stalked is recanting her testimony in her best friend's murder trial and saying she was spending time with the guy after he got out of prison for stalking her.

The boy who was attacked was 24 or so at the time of the trial, (cold case, knew who did it though and finally got DNA) knew who killed his mother and attacked him, and now this woman is throwing him and his mother under the bus so she can try to get her stalker out of prison?

The defendant was his own attorney so this guy (kid really) had to put up with being questioned by the man he saw murder his mother and tried to kill him.

I know I don't understand the behavior of truly abused women, but this kind of thing make it hard to generate any sympathy. I know she has to be sick, but still.....this guy murdered her best friend just to get back at her.

Are the full interviews of JAs mom and dad available anywhere?

Jennifer Westhoven needs to stick to reporting on money matters and the stock market. :twocents:

ALV has well rehearsed her little jabs and digs, and Mr. Martinez knows it, and we know it, and he isn't allowing her to do it. He is keeping her to tight answers and she will not comply properly thus showing her defiance.

I have to say watching them spar last night; I would not be able to go toe to toe with him and I am very "difficult", ;) I would just answer the questions and try to get the H.E.L.L out of there!

I thought it was priceless when he told her she seemed to want to spar with him rather than answering his questions.:)

Nancy Grace obtained the 600 pages of Jodi's journal entries. Is there a place where we can find these entries or are they going to be released in snippets?

Good Morning all....glad to see everyone up, reading and typing!

So far I've only seen bits at pieces. Same with the parents' interview videos. I want it ALL. Like, NOW! :D

Ok...confused....didn't he start out asking her if Jodi wrote anything negative about Travis and then got confused and switched it to Jodi writing about anything negative about herself??
Juan does this "pulling the rug out" tactic quite a bit. He goes down one track of questions, then quickly switches to a parallel track. The witness is still giving the same answer when he points out to them the question changed. "Did, I ASK you . . .? Now the witness is confused and almost always gets defensive.

I suspect this is a well-learned tactic in rhetoric to hone in on the truth of a matter. It would certainly scare the bejesus out of me.

For what it's worth, having never seen Juan Martinez in action before, I don't know if his questioning style is the same in each case.

But in this particular case, I think he sounds angry when he is questioning everyone because of one thing - JA's testimony that she shakes and shrinks when someone raises their voice to her.

IMHO, he will wrap it all up comparing how everyone else reacts to his style versus JA's response - which was not shaking & shrinking, it was downright sassy and combative. Which shows that her actions/reactions do not match what is coming out of her mouth - both in court, and to the "experts".

JMHO

If that link about ALV and her license is the one I think it is, her license was cancelled because it was dependent on her having a supervisor. And he, Charles Stockton had his revoked

ALV
http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=16213&P_LTE_ID=724

Charles Stockton
http://articles.latimes.com/1997-03-27/local/me-42770_1_long-beach-therapist

The DT brought up Samuels previous board problem. I am sure if this meant anything they would have done the same.

This is old news. IIRC, her license was suspended because she got a new one. There is nothing in the article that says it was ALV.

Of course, I couldn't disagree with you more. :)

Juan is passionate about justice for Travis. He hates that these people get up on the stand and lie their fool heads off because they're paid to do it. He wants them exposed for the frauds they are. Not to mention he shows the jury their aggressive and disrespectful attitudes.

There's a reason we all perk up when Juan starts talking. He pulls us out of the JW stupor. He's brilliant.
We need a Juan Martinez to speak for every single victim that has ever been/will be listed on this website. There's not enough of his kind, with that amount of passion for his work. Maybe if there were, criminals would FEAR repercussions for their actions.

This is old news. IIRC, her license was suspended because she got a new one. There is nothing in the article that says it was ALV.

I know. I was responding to a post further down. I posted the article only to show the link to her supervisor.

ALV has well rehearsed her little jabs and digs, and Mr. Martinez knows it, and we know it, and he isn't allowing her to do it. He is keeping her to tight answers and she will not comply properly thus showing her defiance.

I have to say watching them spar last night; I would not be able to go toe to toe with him and I am very "difficult", ;) I would just answer the questions and try to get the H.E.L.L out of there!
Amen to that. :bigfight:

So far I've only seen bits at pieces. Same with the parents' interview videos. I want it ALL. Like, NOW! :D

I had heard that ABC news had all 600 pages first. Might try looking for them with ABC.

My take on the courtroom laughter was completely different. I didn't take those that laughed as ALV's followers at all. And, IMO those laughing weren't laughing at her obviously rehearsed and canned response(s) created in an "attempt" to throw JM off his game. It backfired BIG TIME. With only 30 minutes left for the court day, everyone in that courtroom was on the edge of their seats. JM was in rare form and sternly asking for "yes" or "no" answers. The tension of his cross had the public cheering inside as someone was FINALLY able to take down this fraud of an expert. They were hanging on every angry question by JM.... when ALV asked her "planned" question. The laughter (however inappropriate it was) IMO was in support of the prosecution...and was more like a "he!! yeah he's mad...he's mad that anyone would sit up there and lie for a murderer".

Not saying one is right or wrong. This is just my take, and I do like reading how others view interchanges like this :)

I agree with other members that JM's brilliance yesterday was this 'cake': That he made ALV admit that she viewed the murderess -- not the deceased -- as the victim.

This should not be lost on the jury.

Everything else was icing, IMO.

snipped to save space

OMG This one is sooo not written as a journal entry. These journal entries are her script!

I very much agree with you and would love to know when these were turned over to the Prosecution. When were they written? Me thinks they were written in jail.

deedee, could you explain what he is doing with this Snow White stuff? I don't get it. I asked on the legal thread but no answers so far.

My mom had no clue what JM was doing either. I explained it to her like so-

JM had like...a hot minute to cross ALV, which posed a problem for him if he wanted to tip off the DT. If you notice each time we go on and on and on ad nauseum on direct, either Wilmott or Nurmi will turn over the witness at the end of the day.

Not a chance JM wants to give them any idea where he's going so they can prep the witness to regurge more nonsense. It's like mental keep away, where JM is running out the clock until the 2 minute warning.

There wasn't supposed to be a linear step-by-step to his method. That was the point. The talking heads were so quick to pull the shroud over him, not bothering to remember that he had 6 minutes to cross. On Monday expect the lot of them to look New York cheesecake dense. And ALV to be exposed for the snake in the grass that she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fales922