weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of orphaned protagonists in children's literature, Dorothy in OZ and Harry Potter for example. In fairytales it was a useful device for getting him/her to leave home and seek their fortunes. After Walt Disney's Snow White made him rich, he bought his parents a lovely home. His mother died of monoxide poisoning from a faulty furnace, so motherlessness may have resonated with him in a special way.

Thanks Deb - a 'special way', huh? Maybe it's all the time I've put in to this trial, but now I wonder if in fact Mr. Disney had some unresolved mother issues and knew all about the faulty furnace, only to flaunt his power through animated movies.

Or maybe not. Maybe it happened the way you explained it, and I just need to see actual daylight.

To me, it seems the journal entries are slanted to make her look innocent and Travis look guilty. I might be reading too much into them, but she is so calculated. I'm only recently catching up, but is it possible or probable that she would have considered killing him as early as April? She could have started making entries that would give her cover.

After all, we know, from the fake phone call after the murder, etc., that she had it in her head to make herself look innocent in any way possible. She loves all this planning and drama and play-acting, and TA, sadly, was, at best, secondary to the production of "The Jodi Show." And when he made her mad enough, his role was eliminated - literally.

She gets mad AND she gets even. A true sociopath, with, as been pointed out, several borderline characteristics.

The journal entries sound contrived and there were pages torn out. It smells...

My ex remarried a woman who already had a son. He and his girlfriend had a fight. She stabbed him near his heart, he got the knife from her and stabbed her 15 times(she passed away). He claimed self defense. He got I think 15 yrs. because the prosecuter pointed out once he got the knife away from her he was no longer in danger.

1.When she got away from Travis and was running down the hall IMO an innocent person would have run downstairs and out the door.

2.Why would Jodi think Travis hadn't moved the gun or hadn't unloaded it?I don't believe he had one.

3. Why didn't she just disable him, like shoot him in the knee?

I think the jury will ask themselves the same questions.

Very good questions. I think that self defense is off the table.

Why didn't she escape after she shot him in the head? Surely if she had time to go find the knife, she had time to run away and call 911.

They should first ask themselves - How would her stabbing him so many times in the back be part of self-defense?

If the jury believes that he was stabbed before he was shot - it's over and she's finished. There is no wiggle room in their minds' (IMO) around that thought. I do believe they will come to this decision because of his defensive wounds.

The photo of his face as he's sitting in the shower wasn't the last one taken of him... only the last one that showed any part of his face. The last one of him before the attack was the one right after where he's still sitting in the shower that only shows him from the neck down. Since the next photo was of the bathroom ceiling it was at that time the attack started.

As for the camera in the washer... she put it in there on purpose to wash away blood and her fingerprints on it and probably also to try to destroy the memory card. She couldn't have NOT known it was in the washer because as soon as she turned it on that camera would be banging around in there making a ton of noise.

She wasn't going to take the camera with her since it was a brand new camera, and his roommates would see that it was the only thing in the house missing, and Jodi was the photo guru... she wouldn't have wanted to take it because it could point fingers directly at her. She likely intended to remove the camera from the washer when the cycle was done, make up the bed with the washed linens still in the dryer, and put the camera back in it's case, but she ran out of time and had to get out of the house before the roommate came home... she didn't even start to kill Travis until pretty close to around that time, but she likely thought that she could kill him in the shower quickly and he'd die in there all clean and tidy with there being no need for all the clean up and dragging him down the hall to stuff him back in the shower.

But in leaving that camera in the washing machine even though she had to hurry and get out of the house was a huge red flag that the camera had something to do with the murder pointing the finger at Ms. Camera Guru anyway.

There's just no way that camera went through a wash cycle unknown to her as it would have been banging around in the washer making a lot of noise. And remember, there wasn't much in that wash load in the first place... just his t-shirt, shorts, underwear and socks along with the camera. There's no way she would have not noticed the camera being in there for that reason as well. JM even mentioned during his cross of her that it wasn't a full load of wash, the blood expert showed all the pieced of clothing in that load of wash, and there's just no way she wouldn't have known the camera was in there. The camera went into the washer on purpose.

Excellent summation!

Do we know when the roommate came home? And, if I heard correctly, why didn't anyone report TA missing? Maybe he was supposed to be gone; I guess he traveled a lot.

When the woman who was going with Travis to Cancun came to the house to find him, she said the smell was very bad, what with all the blood everywhere. Why didn't the roommate figure out that there just might be a serious problem, and investigate? :facepalm:

She said something strange during the police interrogation--I can't remember what it is exactly--but it led me to think that maybe she had taken the afternoon nude pictures with her camera, and then put that sim card into his camera.

Is such a thing possible?

But, I can't for the life of me figure out why she would do that.

IMO

Just to clear this up, I believe that JM misspoke when he made reference to a "SIM card" being in Travis's camera. SIM (subscriber identity module) cards are used to store subscriber-specific data. The "subscription" reference is to cellular voice and/or data services.

SIM cards are used in mobile devices such as cell phones, tablets, etc. But in 2008, nearly all mobile devices were cell phones.

JM is accustomed to dealing with ever-increasing technological details in his cases. I think he was a little confused and was probably mixing references to cell phone storage media with those used in cameras.

Which takes us back to the SONY H7.

The data storage media in Travis's camera were its internal (on-board) memory chip (about 31MB, IIRC -- not much space, bounded by image resolution) and Sony's Memory Stick Pro DUO removable card. Sony uses their proprietary marketing term for it, but we know it today as a MicroSD card with an adapter.

Yes, she could have removed the card and placed images on it, but they would not have been date/time-stamped as the recovered images were, nor would their metadata have been 'signed' with Travis's camera.

Others very much want to see this differently, but the Prosecution agrees with the Defense that the naked pics that we've seen are likely from June 4, 2008, -- as date-/time-stamped by Travis's SONY H7 prior to the murder.

Bear in mind that JM has referenced at least one additional recovered image from that photo shoot which has NOT been released during the trial. I hope it isn't.

I am somewhat surprised that we have not heard more discussion about how easy it is to change the date and time on a camera.

People are often gullible, especially with regard to technology. And they are prone to making assumptions.

Lawyers and judges are people. So are jurors. And people will readily believe that images were taken on a given date at a certain time simply because the digital files so indicate.

Really?

Who says so, and where's their proof?

The defense team ALWAYS purposely leaves Juan about a half an hour of court time left at the end of the week to start his cross. They time it that way to trap him into revealing some of his upcoming line of questioning. They want to know what he is going to focus on so they can prepare over the weekend.

Juan never falls into that trap. He just throws out something unimportant, something that really has no impact upon the evidence, [ Snow White, Calling your sister dumb, Websters definition of Compassion] but then he comes at the witness aggressively, and watches how they respond. That is what his goal was, with the Snow White issue, imo. He needed to assess her debating style.

It was a success for Juan, imo, because he got her to go for him all out, prematurely. She should have saved her ammunition. She prematurely pulled out her planned jab at him---" are you mad at me Mr Martinez?'

She should have saved that for when he really goes at her with something valid. Wait until he walks her through the emails and texts and journals and finds blatant lies in there by Jodi. Like where she says " I wonder how my good friend died?" She will not be able to use her goofy smile at the gallery in those instances, imo.

Pure genius on Juan's part! And something I wasn't totally conscious of until reading your post. Thanks! It makes total sense!

I saw one of Travis's roommates do an interview and he stated that HE had helped Travis pick out the camera.

JM has determined that Jodi is more useful as the camera expert.

I wonder why -- not.

Let's see what happens in rebuttal.

On Thursday night, I was reading (a book!) and "listening" to a Lifetime movie in the den. DH was on his laptop in the kitchen, and when I went to get more wine, guess what he was looking at? DH was on Websleuths! Turns out that he's been reading here in his spare moments at the office because he knows how invested I am in this case.

To me, it seems the journal entries are slanted to make her look innocent and Travis look guilty. I might be reading too much into them, but she is so calculated. I'm only recently catching up, but is it possible or probable that she would have considered killing him as early as April? She could have started making entries that would give her cover.

After all, we know, from the fake phone call after the murder, etc., that she had it in her head to make herself look innocent in any way possible. She loves all this planning and drama and play-acting, and TA, sadly, was, at best, secondary to the production of "The Jodi Show." And when he made her mad enough, his role was eliminated - literally.

She gets mad AND she gets even. A true sociopath, with, as been pointed out, several borderline characteristics.

Did her attorneys assist her in adding information in those journals, after the fact Perhaps ?
Perhaps
In many jail visits from her attorneys. There are no cameras on them so its plausible. (Contemporaneous ) lol
It just seems they have visited her, guided her thru the journals , replace with a new journal to add all this garbage.I just can't wrap my head around the fact that this was done before she was arrested. There's just to much information in those journals that seem to have been added during the last four plus years. She's been incarcerated? Moo
Recently an entry she made " my friend is dead" and I don't know how he died.

HLN has been showing us the journal entries AFTER the murder. So if she went to the trouble to LIE in those entries, then I am sure she revised and altered earlier dates as well.

Some of the earlier entries are written in Battered woman style terms exactly.

On Thursday night, I was reading (a book!) and "listening" to a Lifetime movie in the den. DH was on his laptop in the kitchen, and when I went to get more wine, guess what he was looking at? DH was on Websleuths! Turns out that he's been reading here in his spare moments at the office because he knows how invested I am in this case.

Lol cute

Never heard of the band and I'm no young whipper snapper

Would have been hard to miss, even on AM radio, in the early-mid '70's with "Rikki Don't Lose That Number" (not my personal fav), and "Reelin' In The Years".

Thanks Deb - a 'special way', huh? Maybe it's all the time I've put in to this trial, but now I wonder if in fact Mr. Disney had some unresolved mother issues and knew all about the faulty furnace, only to flaunt his power through animated movies.

Or maybe not. Maybe it happened the way you explained it, and I just need to see actual daylight.

I am not a big fan of Walt Disney or his movies. I saw a documentary on him once and he didn't seem like a nice guy - kinda creepy actually...

Anyhow, I think I went O/T! Sorry! :seeya:

Disagree. He got under her skin so fast! :great:
The Jury needs to see the petulant way she behaves when her opinion
is challenged. For a self titled expert she gets defensive about her work
a touch too quickly.. She claims to know so much about domestic violence yet she can't spot a sociopath and malingerer when she meets one..?

Did I read/hear that this is not the first time ALV has been cross examined by JM?

wouldnt it be crazy if the DT brought up the 'are you angry with me' to insinuate mr. martinez is abusive? i don't put anything past them anymore.
:what: LOL! Seems to me he spoke in the same way to Det. Flores on re-direct and he ignored the tone completely.
Unless she's focussed on the small picture of saving JA as her personal mission, I'm hoping she spends the weekend realizing that she's getting paid to tell the truth to the question asked and not worry about what question may follow.

She sure messed up her memory after telling JW 'No I have no memory problems'. I don't think they planned that.

:facepalm:
This is what I was talking about... the camera was still on after court ended. I don't know who the ladies were but they seemed to know Alyce. Maybe someone else knows who they are?

http://youtu.be/fQmeOdmvUMA?t=25s

Wow how do get that to JM??? Getting/giving hugs to JA friends??? This goes to her (lack of) credibility and the veracity of her testibloney IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor