weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of points...
This may be OT, but as the father of a young girl, I have seen nearly every single animated Disney movie and I have noticed a common thread that runs through nearly every single one of them: the mother of the main character is either 1. Dead, or 2. A character who dies during the movie. From Bambi to Princess and the Frog, this holds true. I can't figure out why and I wonder if it is supposed to raise questions within the young viewer. My little girl, normally very inquisitive, has not noticed and/or asked about this. Again, probably OT, but ever since Thursday's cross, I can't help but wonder if/how this could tie in.

Also, I am noticing a lot of JA supporters bashing J Mart for his short stature. It's an obvious grasp at straws, yet I wonder how ALV classifies such behavior? Would she consider it abusive? If I can say one thing about J Mart's size, it would be that it only sticks out to me when I notice millions of people taller than him are actually looking up to him.

As always, thoughts and prayers are with the Alexander family.

Why do people keep calling Steely "Dan"? :D I remember when I first saw his post years and years and years ago I sent him a private message to share My favorite band when I was in college was steely Dan.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

In college, you say?

Not in Annandale, Bard College, perhaps?

And the waft of oleander?

[video=youtube;Sq8OU-7JDFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq8OU-7JDFA[/video]

She had researched the camera and was the self-proclaimed -- if not acknowledged -- 'expert' who advised Travis on which device to purchase.

The prosecution does not dispute that JA told Travis which camera to buy.

While it would be far more difficult than merely recovering the images (anyone can do that with any of dozens of software tools), careful study of the binary bit level (zeroes/ones) data and the way the data file structures were written/overwritten given SONY's programming (it's not random, folks) may lead to conclusions about which images were deleted first and how rapidly the deletions occurred.

I doubt whether the forensics went to this level of detail, and if they did, how admissible/defensible the outcome would ultimately prove to be. Without doing it myself, I'd have to say inconclusive to probable, at best.

I saw one of Travis's roommates do an interview and he stated that HE had helped Travis pick out the camera.

I did not catch the feedback here.

But RE round 1 of JM vs ALV, is there a consensus here that JM won, maybe big?

I am not so sure. I thought what he harped on were not so great points

So she has her degree, not the higher one, but it does entitle her to do what she does.

And the title of a book, talk or seminar cannot convey the entirety of its contents.

Now I know he was maybe trying to rile her up for later. And she knows this too, and maybe why she wanted to let him know that she knows. But still he harped on points that did not seem all that to me.

And getting her riled up when she had 4 days or so to recover again maybe not all that.

Now at 9 AM getting her riled up for a whole day of cross, that could be frightening. But the points he picked to me were not the best to confront her with logically. MOO

His purpose for getting her riled up was to assess how she reacts when under pressure. And now he knows exactly how she responds. This was just a big ol experiment for Juan.

He came at her hard on purpose, on a subject that has no impact upon his trial evidence. It was a throwaway topic, just used so that he could spar with her and see how she does. It will be entirely different when he is showing her hard facts that go against her testimony, imo.

Funny, I had just the opposite reaction. I found JM to be boorish and silly looking and purposely trying to mischaracterize her work in an effort to convince us that she is not the expert she is. I understand that is his style, but I hope that for this witness he can pull something else out of the hat because it will not work on her, and, especially if someone on this Jury is one of the 30 percent of women who have been abused or one of the 30 percent of people who have known an abuse victim.

You have to be very careful when you are trying to badmouth the competition that you don't offend the most important people in the room.

I'm with Mark on this one.

IMO

I just have to say that I adore Juan's passion for justice in this case, and with any other witness, including Jodi herself, I had absolutely no problem with his pit bull style of cross.

However, with this witness, I feel he needs to tone it down, keep the questions specific to Jodi as the perpetrator of violence, and not get lost in the muck.

Hey peeps, been off for a few days.

However, I was thinking perhaps Jodi put the camera in the washer in the hopes it would be discovered so Travis could be tarnished?

Do we have OCD?

Any "shrinks" here now?

Some of us may wonder at times, "why am I spending so much time with this?" Yet seem powerless to stop!

Do we have OCD or what???

Yes I know most of us want to see justice done and so on, but still....

It's just that it's fascinating! I had to put limits on myself, to turn off the coverage/WS except at certain times (before breakfast, after dinner, an hour for lunch). Otherwise I'd get nothing done. :blushing:

But today is Saturday, so I'm kicking back, having a Kahlua coffee (no alcohol, just Kahlua flavor), and enjoying everyone's comments. Oh, and also watching what I recorded, during the week, of the coverage! :rocker:

Gloomy said - EEEEEEWWW! Arias and Nurmi...:gag:

And the laughing ladies! Alyce just put her arm around one of them and walked out of court...

Was she a JA supporter??? If so, that's grounds for impeachment! I'm so far behind, at a family event, trying to catch up.

When I saw the crime scene and the autopsy photos, I knew that she was capable of much more than what she had done to Travis.

When I heard that JA had purchased a gun, I knew that she wasn't finished with her killing spree. But I assumed that she was targeting law enforcement.

I now believe that she was also likely to be gunning for Thomas Brown and, perhaps, Marie Hall as well.

Which takes us to another Steely Dan song. Here is a video of Becker and Fagen live in 2006 with "Don't Take Me Alive":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bXSeheZLq8

Agents of the law
Luckless pedestrian
I know you're out there
With rage in your eyes and your megaphones
Saying all is forgiven
Mad Dog surrender
How can I answer
A man of my mind can do anything
CHORUS:
I'm a bookkeeper's son
I don't want to shoot no one
Well I crossed my old man back in Oregon
Don't take me alive
Got a case of dynamite
I could hold out here all night
Yes I crossed my old man back in Oregon
Don't take me alive

Can you hear the evil crowd
The lies and the laughter
I hear my inside
The mechanized hum of another world
Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
Here in this darkness
I know what I've done
I know all at once who I am

CHORUS
Never heard of the band and I'm no young whipper snapper

I seriously think Juan will finish tomorrow.

Tomorrow being Monday right lol? I'm inclined to agree. I think he'll focus on discrediting the abuse claim and reminding the jury that ALV's subjective opinion has never been substantiated with objective proof. It might have been effective for him to have said, your honor I have nothing more for this witness right after her eye roll to the jury followed by the 'Are you angry with me Mr Martinez' comment then a proud smirk to her buddies in the gallery. JW can only re-direct on what's brought up in cross examination. NEXT lol.

Gloomy said - EEEEEEWWW! Arias and Nurmi...:gag:

And the laughing ladies! Alyce just put her arm around one of them and walked out of court...

Was she a JA supporter??? If so, that's grounds for impeachment! I'm so far behind, at a family event, trying to catch up.

Why why doesn't JS stop all this? :banghead::banghead:
I feel so. Bad for juan he's had to endure all the travis bashing, his objection fallen on deaf ears. I know he can hold his own! But still ....it must a been torture to hear these two women giggling. And bashing travis. Poor Alexander family.

Bringing this over from the previous thread:

I don't think so. There is nothing from the 1000 places in Cancun or even very close. The only one within 100 miles is just a hotel.

From the 1,000 places book and the distances from Cancun:

Mexico
898. Las Ventanas al Paraiso - San Jose Del Cabo - just a resort - Cabo san lucas - 1481 miles as the crow files; distance by land 2131 miles
899. Whale Watching in Baja - 1742.5 nautical miles; land 2307.65 miles
900. Na Bolom - another hotel - in San Cristobal - 651.8 miles from Cancun
901. Palenque - 539.46 miles
902. Copper Canyon - 1977 miles
903. Cervantes Arts Festival - Guanajuato distance 1194 miles
904. San Miguel de Allende - Guanajuato 1194 miles
905. Acapulco Bay - 1073 miles
906. Taxco - 1078 miles
907. Zihuatanejo - 1297 miles
908. Teotihuacan and the National Museum of Anthropology - 1001 miles
909. Michoacan - 890 miles
910. Monarch Butterfly Migration
911. Las Mananitas - cuernavaca - 1022 miles
912. Oaxaca's Saturday Market and Camino Real - 902.8 miles
913. Chichen Itza - Yucatan - 125 miles archaeological site
914. Maroma - Riveriera Maya - Mayan Riviera Resort 41.9 miles away
915. Hacienda Katanchel - hotel - 171.4 miles away 3 hrs 3 min
916. Cable Car Over Zacatecas - 1366.9 miles
917. El Dia de Los Muertos - Day of the dead, November 1 and 2 celebrated throughout Mexico
http://thegillespies.info/thousand_places.htm

I think it's more likely that their long exchanges May 25-26 and the 16-page, single spaced rant Travis sent her put her over the edge.
Remember Travis' friend Taylor Searle who said he told Travis, "Aren't you afraid she is going to hurt you?" after Travis read him part of what he wrote?

"Another of Alexander’s friends, Taylor Searle, tells HLN that around the first week of June 2008, Alexander caught Arias hacking into his Facebook account and told her he wanted her out of his life. Searle says Alexander called him the next day and read the contents of an online chat between Alexander and Arias.

Searle says he asked Alexander, "Aren't you afraid she's going to hurt you?"
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/03/21/who-jodi-arias

While Cancun isn't one of the 1000 places, JA said she and TA planned to visit three near Yreka:

Oregon

811. The Oregon Coast
812. Oregon Shakespeare Festival
814. Crater Lake National Park

In the taped May 10 phone conversation, TA said he was looking forward to their little forest, uh, [adventure, as JA finished his sentence].

As we know, Travis never did visit her the end of May as he said in that tape he planned to. The May 26 exchange left little doubt why not.

Wow! Great find. Sure looks like a good reason to believe this was part of the motive.

His purpose for getting her riled up was to assess how she reacts when under pressure. And now he knows exactly how she responds. This was just a big ol experiment for Juan.

He came at her hard on purpose, on a subject that has no impact upon his trial evidence. It was a throwaway topic, just used so that he could spar with her and see how she does. It will be entirely different when he is showing her hard facts that go against her testimony, imo.

He also - in that short span of time - managed to get her to Label TA as the perpetrator and JA as the victim, show the jury how she reacts very differently toward men than she does toward women, and to introduce the idea of tales - when she chooses to believe them and use them for gain -vs- when she chooses to admit to them just being "stories". IMO

Hey peeps, been off for a few days.

However, I was thinking perhaps Jodi put the camera in the washer in the hopes it would be discovered so Travis could be tarnished?

Welcome home!

Funny, I had just the opposite reaction. I found JM to be boorish and silly looking and purposely trying to mischaracterize her work in an effort to convince us that she is not the expert she is. I understand that is his style, but I hope that for this witness he can pull something else out of the hat because it will not work on her, and, especially if someone on this Jury is one of the 30 percent of women who have been abused or one of the 30 percent of people who have known an abuse victim.

You have to be very careful when you are trying to badmouth the competition that you don't offend the most important people in the room.

I'm with Mark on this one.

IMO

Mischarachterize how?

She lied about the content,end of story

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I believe the only time JA was clawed and grabbed and slammed down is when TA was trying to fend her off and save his own life from all the stabbing with a knife JA was doing. That is probably the only real image in JA's mind of TA even remotely abusing her. It makes my heart sick thinking of what that poor man went through. Hang in there Alexander family, Juan Martinez won't let you down. I think in his heart Nurmi knows what an evil creature JA is.

The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H9 and DSC-H7 cameras provide the ability to delete all the photos in a folder at one time.

Moreover, it's a simple matter to connect the camera to a computer or remove the card from the camera and interface it directly with a computer in order to delete or even [re-]format the card.

She could have entirely overwritten the card or taken it with her and obliterated or hidden it.

I would not be surprised at all to find that she has copies of every file on that card somewhere at this point -- somewhere besides the hoosegow, of course.

Some may have heard of 50's cheesecake model, Betty Paige. She was usually photographed in various playful(?) S&M situations. Became evangelist lived into her 80s. Anyways, a blurb I saw on her, got me to thinking.

Travis & Jodi had a rich fantasy world, if the red-riding-hood-tied-to-a-tree-and-raped sex tape chat is any indication. They may have actually playacted this out.

They may have had proclivities for other pseudo violent fantasies as well which could offer a possible clue as to how the heck Jodi could have finagled Travis into so vulnerable a position in the shower.

Sex fantasy (on his part) turned photo shoot turned deadly. In essence Jodi ended up creating a snuff film.

Tomorrow being Monday right lol? I'm inclined to agree. I think he'll focus on discrediting the abuse claim and reminding the jury that ALV's subjective opinion has never been substantiated with objective proof. It might have been effective for him to have said, your honor I have nothing more for this witness right after her eye roll to the jury followed by the 'Are you angry with me Mr Martinez' comment then a proud smirk to her buddies in the gallery. JW can only re-direct on what's brought up in cross examination. NEXT lol.

wouldnt it be crazy if the DT brought up the 'are you angry with me' to insinuate mr. martinez is abusive? i don't put anything past them anymore.

Great post!

I remember OJ testifying (i.e. claiming) he cut HIS hand on a glass he broke in his hotel room just after Nicole and Ron were murdered.

I am 37 years old and I have no memory of EVER cutting my hands on glass. I have gotten cuts on my feet from broken glass many times. I have cut my hands with all sorts of things - like random plastic things & zippers (things I never thought would cut me) - and of course knives, cans and paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487