weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to a story of a man who was stalked just like Travis .
This is a good read for anyone as it shows just how nuts a women can be and things she did to this man while in a realationship with him for several months.
I think if you read this you will see that this is Jodi in a nutshell.
This man compares what happend to Travis and to his own stalker.

http://.blogspot.com/...murdering.html

If you have time read the comments as well.

I get a bad link. I did browse the blog though and I think he may be stalking Tila Tequila.
:what:

I help piece the victims bodies back together if it's even possible. Many of them I know by name they're such frequent flyers. I call the CAS to have their children removed to safety and the police to have the abusers caught and dealt with. I put the toe tags on their corpses and call for the attendants to take them to the morgue. Then I call their next of kin. If it's not too late, I help find them emergency shelter and an advocate to help them save their own lives. It's not a chuckle fest lets pretend we're Dopey or Snow White to me. Her approach is unprofessional IMHO and I expected more.
In my line of work if the heart isn't beating and there's no brain activity then all the mental health chit chat over the span of months and years is for naught.

We're traumatized by default and there are scores of us. <modsnip>

Thanks is not enough. :clap:

I Can't believe she talks like this is all true??? (ALV)

Ok, off to work... geez, good thing, because I'd need to calm down listening to that over the weekend!

I wonder how long before ALV accuses Juan Martinez of abusing her through his questioning.

Katiecool
Nurmi would have been livid if it was the other way around. I hope the media and talking heads buzzzzz with this.

The defense team ALWAYS purposely leaves Juan about a half an hour of court time left at the end of the week to start his cross. They time it that way to trap him into revealing some of his upcoming line of questioning. They want to know what he is going to focus on so they can prepare over the weekend.

Juan never falls into that trap. He just throws out something unimportant, something that really has no impact upon the evidence, [ Snow White, Calling your sister dumb, Websters definition of Compassion] but then he comes at the witness aggressively, and watches how they respond. That is what his goal was, with the Snow White issue, imo. He needed to assess her debating style.

It was a success for Juan, imo, because he got her to go for him all out, prematurely. She should have saved her ammunition. She prematurely pulled out her planned jab at him---" are you mad at me Mr Martinez?'

She should have saved that for when he really goes at her with something valid. Wait until he walks her through the emails and texts and journals and finds blatant lies in there by Jodi. Like where she says " I wonder how my good friend died?" She will not be able to use her goofy smile at the gallery in those instances, imo.

It reminded me of the movie Fast and Furious when the race car that is loosing prematurely ignites the NOS and looses in the end..hehe She used her "NOS" too early...:facepalm:

I'm always such a bad cynic. I actually wondered if the mother was tossing out mitigating things.. if her daughter was THAT disturbed so long and she had even had friends call to tell her JA needed help... why didn't she drag her someplace for the "help"??

Have you ever tried to MAKE someone get help? I have. Don't waste your time!

Wouldn't This Be Cool

If Jodie is convicted of first degree premeditated murder and gets the death penalty.
Now after she is convicted Juror # 5 did a press release and said she was totaly on Jodi's side and would have held out for a hung jury.
That would make Jodi's head explode knowing her only hope was the juror #5 her and her defense team had kicked off.
If I was juor #5 I would say that even if it wasn't true just to leave her with the thought that the only person that could save her was kicked off the jury by the defense team and Jodi.
It would be a thought Jodi would have to live with everyday for the rest of her life ( as long as that might be).

Kind of like her (JA) finding out after the murder, that Mimi didn't share Travis's (alleged) interest in marriage and they (Travis and Mimi) were going to Cancun as platonic friends?

I wish I could be that optimistic. I think JM's cross will be two days; JM's redirect at least two, and maybe three; then the jury questions; I suspect we're closer to three weeks from Rebuttal, what with other motions for mistrial and various delays thrown in. But I hope I'm wrong!

:cow:

I seriously think Juan will finish tomorrow.

I'm still waiting for the DT to show something other than outright premeditation. The psychologist = nothing, and the DV expert = nothing. So far, nothing is pointing to self-defense for me.

Ok, so you thought her approach was too lighthearted and dismissive. I can get that, but I also can get you have to laugh or you won't stop crying.

It must be very hard to watch this horror show day in and day out. I have a friend now who will not leave no matter what. I have had to put her back together more than once a year. This is mostly emotional, not physical but it takes a huge toll on your mental and physical health and well being. So that gender role thing of ALV is a big lightbulb for me. My friend is just being a good wife as she has been raised to believe what that looks like, and forgets the cost she is paying to do that between episodes. It's incredibly frustrating.

IMO

I just can't laugh about DV or child abuse Molly. I understand that you're caught in the viscous (sp?) cycle as well, trying to help your friend and I'm truly glad she has you on her side!!! I do an awful lot of crying but there's much joy too!

If your friend is a Mom then her children are probably her pride and joy and her legacy. I try and encourage the victims I see (who yes, are mainly women) to do for their children what they can't seem to do for themselves. I've had some success with that approach. If she isn't a Mom but hopes to be, helping her envision the environment she wants her babies to thrive in can also open a door. There aren't an easy answers but the key IMO is gaining enough trust to help them open the door to change.

If you need help finding support services in your area for your friend or you need to vent your frustration. I'll be here for you both Molly!

She had researched the camera and was the self-proclaimed -- if not acknowledged -- 'expert' who advised Travis on which device to purchase.

The prosecution does not dispute that JA told Travis which camera to buy.

While it would be far more difficult than merely recovering the images (anyone can do that with any of dozens of software tools), careful study of the binary bit level (zeroes/ones) data and the way the data file structures were written/overwritten given SONY's programming (it's not random, folks) may lead to conclusions about which images were deleted first and how rapidly the deletions occurred.

I doubt whether the forensics went to this level of detail, and if they did, how admissible/defensible the outcome would ultimately prove to be. Without doing it myself, I'd have to say inconclusive to probable, at best.

She said something strange during the police interrogation--I can't remember what it is exactly--but it led me to think that maybe she had taken the afternoon nude pictures with her camera, and then put that sim card into his camera.

Is such a thing possible?

But, I can't for the life of me figure out why she would do that.

IMO

JA was under surveillance at that time, so whatever occurred, there is documentation.

Does anyone know where to access the documentation notes from her surveillance and arrest? thank you!

Could be on that class of meds pharmacologically I believe they are called anti-shake meds. :)

But JA said that she was shaking during Juan's opening statements. So meds or not, she was lying, imo.

The things we do during the 3-day weekend, bah! I should be cleaning house, running errands, but no, I'm doing research, total crime buff (ID channel is playing here all day). Found the following interesting info about offender knife wounds:

MECHANISMS FOR SELF-WOUNDING

During a violent attack with a knife or similar sharp instrument with its ensuing struggle, there may be numerous opportunities for the assailant also to sustain injuries.

By the very nature of such an assault, often with hand-to-hand combat and with multiple thrusts or slashes, it is quite difficult, or impossible, for the knife wielder to control each action. The following seven scenarios are proposed as possible causative factors in self-wounding.

Mechanism 1: While stabbing the victim, the assailant hits bone or otherwise resistant material. The abrupt stopping of the knife causes the assailant's hand to slide forward, allowing the hand gripping the knife to slide across the blade. Such a scenario typically would cause a slicing of the palmar surfaces of the hand or fingers. If the attack continues after the hand is cut, the presence of the assailant's blood on the knife handle reduces the gripping ability further, making even multiple self-wounding likely.

Mechanism 2: If the assailant wields the knife in one hand and tries to restrain the struggling victim with the other, it is possible that the assailant's hand on the victim will suffer a stab wound during the multiple thrusts. Such a stab wound would commonly be seen on the back of the hand or fingers or on the arm of the free hand.

Mechanism 3: If a folding knife without a locking blade, such as a jackknife, strikes a resistant surface, the knife blade can fold across the assailant's hand. Such an event would typically cause a guillotine-like knife-edge wound, either across the outer surfaces of the fingers or across the wrist or the heel of the palm, depending upon the knife's orientation in the assailant's hand.

Mechanism 4: Due to the great momentum involved in a typical stab, the knife may be capable of becoming lodged in bone or connective tissue. If the assailant attempts to remove the knife during the continuing struggle with the victim, it is possible that the hands could grasp a partially- exposed knife blade, causing slicing wounds to the palmar surfaces.

Mechanism 5: In a slashing action with a knife or other sharp-edged weapon, a glancing blow against the victim or a complete miss may, by the weapon's momentum, cause a slash injury to the assailant. Be cause of the virtually limitless degrees of freedom in how this slashing motion may be delivered toward the victim, the resulting injury to the assailant could occur to almost any part of the assailant's anatomy.

Mechanism 6: Similarly, defensive actions by the victim may cause a redirecting of the weapon's arc into the assailant. Again, the variety of possible movements makes for a limitless list of injuries possible.

Mechanism 7: In a struggle for control of the weapon, the assailant may grab for the weapon. This could result in slicing wounds to the palmar surfaces of the hand or fingers of the assailant.

It can reasonably be seen that some of these mechanisms are directly related to the design of the knife used. The absence of a guard between the hilt and blade certainly makes Mechanism 1 more likely, since the presence of such a guard would prevent the slipping of the hand onto the blade when the knife abruptly stops. Obviously the folding blade is unique to jack knives and other pocket knives; injuries as related in Mechanism 3 would be possible only with such a knife. Also, the absence of a bolster on the end of the hilt would make extraction of a knife from a victim more difficult, possibly begetting actions similar to Mechanism 4. It would seem likely that, in some instances, a description of the types of wounds found on the assailant possibly could be correlated with the murder weapon.

BLOODY PRINTS ON KNIFE BLADES

It is possible that the assailant may deposit bloody fingerprints or palm prints on the knife blade, in accordance with Mechanisms 1 and 4, above. The bloody finger prints, of course, would be very damaging evidence in themselves if they were identified to the assailant, as would the blood, if it were associated with the suspect. Finding corresponding injuries on the hands of the suspect simply would provide additional evidence and would allow the investigator (and ultimately the jury) to better understand exactly what happened during the assault.

Source: http://www.forensic-lab.com/publications/cutslice.html

Jodi's finger is bent towards her palm, indicating a palmar injury to the finger. This is supported by her blood appearing in her left palm print on the wall as well. So, the injury to her finger is most likely a result of a cut tendon as the knife slipped through her hand via Mechanism One or Four above. An x-ray could indicate if that finger was broken and not healed properly, but that has not been produced.

IIRC, JA testified she broke a glass that day at TA's house, well, we LE probably confiscated his trash, wonder if a broken glass was part of that? That also would have happened before the shower pics, where she was able to function the camera fine, and any injury earlier in the day would have stopped bleeding by the time of the killing, so an injury occurred during the killing to generate blood, and damaged her finger.

Rebuttal will be sweet.

Great post!

I remember OJ testifying (i.e. claiming) he cut HIS hand on a glass he broke in his hotel room just after Nicole and Ron were murdered.

Bringing this over from the previous thread:

Pink Panther said:
I think the 1000 places was a HUGE trigger for her. More so than who he was taking to Cancun. There were a few of the 1000 in/around Cancun...

moo

I don't think so. There is nothing from the 1000 places in Cancun or even very close. The only one within 100 miles is just a hotel.

From the 1,000 places book and the distances from Cancun:

Mexico
898. Las Ventanas al Paraiso - San Jose Del Cabo - just a resort - Cabo san lucas - 1481 miles as the crow files; distance by land 2131 miles
899. Whale Watching in Baja - 1742.5 nautical miles; land 2307.65 miles
900. Na Bolom - another hotel - in San Cristobal - 651.8 miles from Cancun
901. Palenque - 539.46 miles
902. Copper Canyon - 1977 miles
903. Cervantes Arts Festival - Guanajuato distance 1194 miles
904. San Miguel de Allende - Guanajuato 1194 miles
905. Acapulco Bay - 1073 miles
906. Taxco - 1078 miles
907. Zihuatanejo - 1297 miles
908. Teotihuacan and the National Museum of Anthropology - 1001 miles
909. Michoacan - 890 miles
910. Monarch Butterfly Migration
911. Las Mananitas - cuernavaca - 1022 miles
912. Oaxaca's Saturday Market and Camino Real - 902.8 miles
913. Chichen Itza - Yucatan - 125 miles archaeological site
914. Maroma - Riveriera Maya - Mayan Riviera Resort 41.9 miles away
915. Hacienda Katanchel - hotel - 171.4 miles away 3 hrs 3 min
916. Cable Car Over Zacatecas - 1366.9 miles
917. El Dia de Los Muertos - Day of the dead, November 1 and 2 celebrated throughout Mexico
http://thegillespies.info/thousand_places.htm

I think it's more likely that their long exchanges May 25-26 and the 16-page, single spaced rant Travis sent her put her over the edge.
Remember Travis' friend Taylor Searle who said he told Travis, "Aren't you afraid she is going to hurt you?" after Travis read him part of what he wrote?

"Another of Alexander&#8217;s friends, Taylor Searle, tells HLN that around the first week of June 2008, Alexander caught Arias hacking into his Facebook account and told her he wanted her out of his life. Searle says Alexander called him the next day and read the contents of an online chat between Alexander and Arias.

Searle says he asked Alexander, "Aren't you afraid she's going to hurt you?"
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/03/21/who-jodi-arias

While Cancun isn't one of the 1000 places, JA said she and TA planned to visit three near Yreka:

Oregon

811. The Oregon Coast
812. Oregon Shakespeare Festival
814. Crater Lake National Park

In the taped May 10 phone conversation, TA said he was looking forward to their little forest, uh, [adventure, as JA finished his sentence].

As we know, Travis never did visit her the end of May as he said in that tape he planned to. The May 26 exchange left little doubt why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor