weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone late last night asked what happened during the time that Travis was crawling down the hall in an effort to escape the attack. I think JA was stabbing him in the back telling him that he is being punished for rejecting her. I would like to bring that question forward in this thread and would like to know what y'all think may have been going on when Travis was trying to escape her and maybe begging for help.

I totally agree. I imagine that she was standing over him, laughing while he was crawling down the hallway, begging for mercy. I bet she was 'explaining' to him why he had to die, while she repeatedly stabbed him in the back.

Oh, I hear you! ALV glazed over the murder like she was describing what a typical day for Jodi would be. Monotone voice, no compassion. I hope she has nightmares of Travis's spirit coming back to haunt her!! Seriously, she deserves it!

I'm with ya there!!!

Nice....under the bus go the Alexander family. Hooray for "Dr." Phil and his ratings!! :tsktsk:

Well curiosity killed the cat....so perhaps I will not boost his ratings.

LOL, who hasn't been thrown under the bus? I've never seen anything like it!

There was a long phone conversation on June 2 iIRC and several short calls on June 3.
IMO she used these contacts to make sure Travis would be home if she drove all that way and used all of her money on gas. I do not think she told him she was coming. Why risk him telling someone? She was going to kill him and didn't need him mentioning her even possibly stopping by. She went to a lot of effort to not be traced in AZ at all.

She knew she could get in the house once she arrived. Make up some story about how sorry she was they fought and she wanted to leave him the check for the car payment....and guess what? Brought some KY, can I spend the night :great:

I agree. If she had told Travis she was coming ahead of time, he might mention it to someone else before she killed him, wrecking her alibi. I believe she surprised him. I believe the only reason she called him was to sleuth out whether or not he would be there.

Someone late last night asked what happened during the time that Travis was crawling down the hall in an effort to escape the attack. I think JA was stabbing him in the back telling him that he is being punished for rejecting her. I would like to bring that question forward in this thread and would like to know what y'all think may have been going on when Travis was trying to escape her and maybe begging for help.

OK here goes!

She stabbed Travis while he was sitting down in the shower, he got up staggered over to the sink she began to stab him in the back, he goes down, she continues to stab him in the back, he screams and says he can't feel his legs (because she severed one or more nerves), she then slits his throat to stop him from screaming, drags him back to shower, thinks he's still alive, shoots him in the head, puts in in shower, turns water on, etc.

That's what I think happened.

Have been wondering about that very thing.

She likely continued to slash and stab at him as he crawled along--the slashes to the top of his head, behind his ear, top of his shoulder and bottom of his foot or heel were probably inflicted then. But based on her answer to Detective Flores' question of what the female attacker was saying to him--that she was just talking softly--I wonder whether Jodi didn't let her actions speak louder than words. My questions for her are piling up. That's number 7, I believe.

I also wonder how you all think JA views TA now. Love? Hate? A mixture?

Before JW gave ALV over to JM on Thurs. that is what she had ALV say. That she was there to testify about DV and nothing else past 6/4/08...ALV literally took like 1 min to go thru entire day of 6/4/08 as if was not "noteworthy". It made me literally scream "I waited 6 days for this wench to get to 6/4/08 and this is it???"

And her description of the killing was comprised entirely of the DT's buzzwords:
" He lunged like a linebacker....bodyslammed her...she wriggled away...she thought it was unloaded...gun went off accidentally...she came to at Hoover Dam..." :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar:

IIRC the ME couldn't be sure of the track of the bullet but he did say that there is a lack of hemorrhaging in the wound which led him to believe that the gun shot could possibly have been after the chest and/or neck wound. He said it could have been last but he would not say for sure. There was lack of hemorrhaging in that head wound... is what he stated.

No he clearly stated it was the frontal lobe. In fact on cross he reiterated it again and again. There was no other trajectory other than through the frontal lobe.

Was he stabbed in the spine?

There are 9 stab wounds to his upper back area in concentrated area (middle part of his upper back, between shoulder blades) Idk if they were deep enuf to sever any nerves in his spinal cord. I would have to re-watch the ME's testimony.

I'm re-watching some of the earlier trial days tonight, and am wondering what your thoughts are about Dan and Desiree Freeman. Seems like Dan was very fond of Jodi and Desiree is clearly avoiding answering questions. They just seemed odd to me.

I too found them very strange. It's quite obvious Dan has a crush, and hell I have no clue what Desiree's problem is.

K..let's agree to disagree since (The shell casing was found in the area it would be if fired into the shower(they eject back and to the right) The angle of the bullet track through his sinus cavity downward from right to left is consistent with him sitting in the shower as he was in the last photos taken.) could have also been done as an after thought. =D

That's fine but it would be difficult to get that wound trajectory if he were laying flat on the floor and impossible from how his body was found in the shower.

I understand the ME made a point about lack of blood in the bullet wound, and that is a question.

But there may be some reason for it and it seems far more probable than getting a gun out and shooting him after such a violent struggle and slitting his throat and dragging him back to the bathroom.

Again, either way - it should NOT matter in finding guilt or innocence, as all the wounds did occur regardless of the sequence and he obviously suffered greatly.

Sorry, don't mean to be argumentative - the case can be made for either scenario, I just find one more probable than the other.

No he clearly stated it was the frontal lobe. In fact on cross he reiterated it again and again. There was no other trajectory other than through the frontal lobe.

The ME said he could not see the trajectory of the bullet due to the decomp. of the brain, it was almost liquified. Yes it was thru his frontal lobe I am not arguing that. I was stating that ME said there was no hemorrhaging at time of gun shot.

...though I doubt she will place this trial on her "resume". lol
This trial is on ALV's resume already.

COURT EXPERIENCE
2011-13 Expert Witness and Consultant. Death-Penalty Murder Trial. Phoenix, Arizona.
http://www.alycelaviolette.com/Alyce-LaViolette-cv.pdf

She puts the location in very few of the details. She wants the world to know this is the trial and/or wants lawyers to know she is willing to travel for the $$.,

That's fine but it would be difficult to get that wound trajectory if he were laying flat on the floor and impossible from how his body was found in the shower.

I understand the ME made a point about lack of blood in the bullet wound, and that is a question.

But there may be some reason for it and it seems far more probable than getting a gun out and shooting him after such a violent struggle and slitting his throat and dragging him back to the bathroom.

Again, either way - it should NOT matter in finding guilt or innocence, as all the wounds did occur regardless of the sequence and he obviously suffered greatly.

Sorry, don't mean to be argumentative - the case can be made for either scenario, I just find one more probable than the other.

Right regardless of the sequence of events, Travis was slaughtered and she needs to pay..asafp!

She has proven all along to have a taste for things she can't afford on her income. I don't think she went all hog wild like some in life can, she was able to stay above water for the most part as she never had rent or mortgage or utilities to pay. She lived with parents, onto grandparents, onto boyfriend, then onto Travis house, back to Grandparents for mere weeks then back to Mesa where she had a free room at a girlfriends.

Then when she could not afford the free room even, or groceries she headed back home as we heard her parents were begging her to come back (so they could help her mentally) She came back. Sadly then made a trip back to AZ, quick stop on the way to Utah.

So she was a waitress and all that money was hers to spend, and without bills to pay other than a car payment, that would actually be a pretty pocket full of cash. And i'm going to take a guess here, I would not be surprised if grandma and grandpa were not only paying the house bills, but slipping their granddaughter cash also, to help with her car, insurance and gas.

The man she used to meet up with casually at that one bar and grill said he loaned her a pretty good sum as she was in sheer panic that Travis was going to cancun, and she had to get to AZ, it was critical...

He loaned her several hundred dollars. She paid him back. She had the money upon returning because the extra $200 would be in her checkbook that Travis didn't cash.

And my gut tells me she stole money from him on the way out of the house. His "stash" whatever emergency cash he kept.. she took. (if there was any)

I am a firm believer her many men that we have heard about and a few we probably have not heard of, all loaned her money frequently. AND I am convinced they lied on the stand about things like that.

I think she had to have taken money from Travis in order to purchase the 9mm gun she purchased right after she murdered him. If you listen to her dad's interview, he says she was considering bankrupcy at one point, but didn't have the money to file.

Have been wondering about that very thing.

She likely continued to slash and stab at him as he crawled along--the slashes to the top of his head, behind his ear, top of his shoulder and bottom of his foot or heel were probably inflicted then. But based on her answer to Detective Flores' question of what the female attacker was saying to him--that she was just talking softly--I wonder whether Jodi didn't let her actions speak louder than words. My questions for her are piling up. That's number 7, I believe.

I also wonder how you all think JA views TA now. Love? Hate? A mixture?

I vote hate. Any kind sound bites are for the jury, but during Juan's cross she continually jabbed at him even about irrelvant things. She still hates him for rejecting her.

Yes. Take a look at the autopsy photo of his back. Or if you can't find it I'll DM you a copy. And refer to the autopsy report.

Well I just re-found the drawing of the back wounds.
Many as I recalled--but it looks like at most one might have nicked the spine.
Of course that's enough if it did, to cause paralysis.

All I found is that drawing, no photo yet, so...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member