weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry .. I tried to bring a quote over from the closed thread. This is my response ... but sorry I can`t provide the original quote

She has a criminal mind and she needs to be taken out of society. She needs to die and, although I have never really been a proponent of the death penalty (we don`t have it in Canada), I just feel so very strongly that the DP should be applied to this defendant. She deserves it. Scott Peterson deserves it. Drew Peterson deserves it (but probably won`t get it, unless they can get more evidence that he also killed Stacy). I`m praying that this jury will come to the correct verdict. I feel confident that they will.

I will try to make more sense in my next post. I wish I knew how to bring posts over from another thread ... duh ... oh well

Nighty night. Over and out :offtobed: and ... :countsheep: I get the WORST sleeps these days ... my head is like all scrambled ... LOL. But, really it is hard to turn it off. I wake up at night thinking about it .. I`m obsessed with it all day to the point that I won`t even go out for groceries or see friends. I truly need an intervention. Night everyone. I think I need a support group ... any advice

Oh, Sydni, you have me laughing in sympathy. I have diagnosed myself with Trial Watchers Obsession Not Otherwise Specified. I know I have developed a mental problem over this trial because I have become secretive about my trial watching. Not one live person knows the extent of my problem- I am hiding it. If they knew that this trial is how I spend literally every spare moment...if they knew that I am skipping dental appointments and telling people I am sick on court days...

Worse yet, I am starting to feel like the WS posters here "understand" me better than my trial-indifferent relatives and friends. They understand why my own pretty pleasant life seems so unimportant compared to justice for Travis Alexander, someone I never met.

I realize I have made this trial personal by subconsciously bundling up all the injustices I dealt with in my divorces, my father's murder, my son's death, the malpractice at the hospital during that one birth, the midwife who didn't scrub, and possibly the unfair nun in eighth grade, etc... and wrapped that whole package up, tied in a bow labeled Nicole Simpson and Caylee Anthony.

I am doing some things to help myself be more balanced as this trial drags on and on with one impossible delay after another. I make myself get out and walk in beautiful nature to connect with all that is right with the world. The beautiful impossibly blue sky, the radiance of the green grass, spring blossoms coming out. I stop by the school and watch the beautiful children playing and how innocent and happy they are because they are living in the moment. They are PRESENT in that Buddhist way of experiencing the moment and when I remember to live in my own present, I feel happy.

Finally, I remind myself that there is great injustice and suffering going on in the world and that this is an unfortunate fact of life. Most of it I can do nothing about. But I can smile at strangers, post on websleuths, and chat it up with the lonely people in my apartment building.

When I come home, I feel better -- and run right to my laptop. Unlike drug addiction, this trial will end and when it does, I'll get my teeth cleaned, go back to the book I'm supposed to be writing and stop feeling like I have little in common with people who don't watch trials.....

So I'm wondering why tons of people haven't come out in support of LaViolette - people she has helped, who have worked with her, she has taught, etc.

HLN has been showing us the journal entries AFTER the murder. So if she went to the trouble to LIE in those entries, then I am sure she revised and altered earlier dates as well.

Some of the earlier entries are written in Battered woman style terms exactly.

Just for clarification are you saying the journals that were taken at the time of her arrest as evidence. JA and her attorney's were tampering with while she was in jail?

Excellent summation!

Do we know when the roommate came home? And, if I heard correctly, why didn't anyone report TA missing? Maybe he was supposed to be gone; I guess he traveled a lot.

When the woman who was going with Travis to Cancun came to the house to find him, she said the smell was very bad, what with all the blood everywhere. Why didn't the roommate figure out that there just might be a serious problem, and investigate? :facepalm:

He had two roommates, and one had just been there a couple of weeks. One was housesitting with his girlfriend at her parents' home while they were away. One roommate was ordinarily due home around 6 pm but explained why he would have been later than usual that day: To save money on gas, he'd been taking the bus, requiring a transfer, etc.

The day they discovered TA's body was the first day he began to smell anything. Not only was TA's body in an enclosed area, but there was a big loft in between TA's master suite and the other bedrooms.

The roommates said they never socialized with TA, never even had dinner together, and that often he'd go out of town without even telling them. They just assumed he'd already left for Cancun; his car in the garage didn't mean anything, as he could've gone with someone else.

I find nothing unusual in any of the above to think they should have investigated earlier.

Never heard of the band and I'm no young whipper snapper

You may never have heard of them, but you have HEARD them. There isn't a soul that was alive in the 70's tht didn't hear "Reelin in the Years" - it was everywhere!

And by being quick and efficient, reminding the jury exactly who is wasting all their time. I was reviewing youtube videos and realized the State only took NINE days for its case in chief! And we're on day ___ (??) of defense case...
Crazy isn't it?? The sun shines on the truth. The fog's whole purpose was to get everyone lost.

Ok.. so watching Day 41 - Juan- ALV cross

Isn't it odd that Juror #5 and "Donovan" are both sitting behind Jodi?

To me, that can be perceived negative towards the juror... kinda like a "conflict of interest"?

Granted, I understand that anyone can be the gallery, but I just find it weird.

A woman on HLN who was in the courtroom said that juror #5 was seated as far from the jury as possible. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

i've turned into a real cynic. I think mom was acting in the police interrogation and both mom and dad were planting seeds for an insanity defense.

After listening to mom's interview several times, all I can say is (some) of the cry/talk she does with Det Flores, sounds embellished. She is breathy and sounds like a child after they have pitched a MAJOR crying tantrum and can't speak well.
I remember doing that as a child, but I don't think I have ever done it as an adult- nor have I ever witnessed an adult doing it.

Well I have witnessed an adult do it but it was a girl who was all about drama and used to make stories up about people she knew dying
for attention... it was laughable

Does adults do that? If so I mean no ill will to anyone, just have not witnessed that type of behavior FOR REAL...in person...jmo

The dad I took at face value and still MAY change my mind but not yet.

BBM: I believe she said that to give the wicked stepmother a reason to be so evil. He drove her wickedness to it because someone had to wear the pants in the family.

Personally, I think the King was a victim of Domestic Violence at the hands of his wife and stepmother of Snow White. JMO

I agree with this assessment.
Snow White was an only child.
It was her word against his child's.

IIRC, her Mom had rented her a car the day she was arrested. I think JA was going to make a break for it and the police arrested her.

In her dad's interview with Flores he says: (not word for word)
'...this morning when I picked her up at the house to go to Hertz I said OK this is your last chance, tell me what's going on, I want to know. She said I can't tell you. She said she was going to be back in 3 days. She quit her job yesterday'
So she rents the car the morning after her first interview the previous day, puts the knives and 9mm in it, never leaves, and is arrested the same day (the day of her dad's interview)

She quit her job to leave for 3 days... Riiiight!

I'm not ready to agree that TA was sexting with other women since I have not seen these texts.

All I know is this. On the stand, JA said that TA was exchanging inappropriate texts with a married woman Shannon Crabtree Peterson. The same day,that women got on HLN and totally denied it.

Nor do we have ANY "proof" he ever used those words towards another woman either. Which IMO proves he didn't or the defense would have gotten them in somehow.

I never start a wash load when I am about to get in the shower or bath. It uses up the hot water.

Also, the laundry machines were in the garage. So if jodi stuffed them in there with the camera, the washer would have to fill up with water. About 3-5 minutes. Jodi would never had hear a camera clanking around in there. She would be back upstairs before the water had even filled the basin.

Me either! Neither does my 20 year old son.
In fact if he needs to shower and I have a load running,
he will pause the load. If you don't you get shot randomly
with burning hot water :hot: on min and ice cold :coldcase:
the next! :panic:

My son's words... not mine :twocents:
(and I never thought about it before...)

NO GUY HAS A GIRL TAKE PICTURES OF HIM IN A TINY SHOWER STALL
to show off his new "physique". :no:
They were NOT weight loss "shots"
they were NOT Calvin Klein "shots"
To him they were not even showering "shots"
THEY WERE "HEAD AND SHOULDERS"
shampoo type commercial shots. - Minus the shampoo!
I am NOT a guy... but my son describes it...
Picture taking generally...
is done AFTER you pump up/work out.
Maybe you still have sweat on your brow...
a soaking wet tank still stuck to your skin...(maybe)
or shirtless... (not with "shower water droplets")
A GUY who has lost weight WILL WANT his waist/abs
shown - his 6 pack abs! :cool2:
He would be wearing shorts... Even IN THE SHOWER!
( If it's about how your "body" looks )

More likely than not a guy who has been working hard to
lose weight/shape up... has his own progress documented
on his cell with pics he took of himself in a mirror at the gym
or perhaps his bathroom mirror as he progresses.
With TA and his liking MMA he would want MACHO "shots"

Seriously... of all the "workout" "fitness" mags that are in my son's room
NOT ONE GUY is photographed in a shower stall from the waist up
and only back/shoulder shots and hair rinsing shots...
Not one shot of a flexed bicep or any similar body builder shot...ya know when they puff up their chest and draw their waist in to show their pecs?? No shots of his thighs or calf muscles??
TA had great thighs and calves btw! I noticed on that silly youtube video...

....it really is absurd that I EVER believed TA was just going along with JA
:put em up: IMO under duress he was doing as told...

"Take your clothes off and get in the shower"

~jmo

I had to think about it, and I picked Aladin, only for the magic lamp and the three wishes.

In the ALV video I watched, she asked people about who they wanted to be when they were 4 5 or 6. I can remember wanting to be Annie Oakley. Even asked Santa for cowgirl boots and a cap gun.

This comin' from a Connecticut Yankee!

Couldn't watch ALV videos. When I saw the "bathrobe" she wore in Court also worn in the video, I lost it. Just wanted to post because I am also a Connecticut Yankee. Live in Southeast Hartford County.

Ok.. so watching Day 41 - Juan- ALV cross

Isn't it odd that Juror #5 and "Donovan" are both sitting behind Jodi?

To me, that can be perceived negative towards the juror... kinda like a "conflict of interest"?

Granted, I understand that anyone can be the gallery, but I just find it weird.

the side which juan sits on is for family/media and the other is for the public.
so it means nothing that she is sat there.thats where Valerie sat her

Yes, since January I have been highly addicted as well. To the point where if i'm not here -WS, I feel lost.

I have gone for a couple of hikes, watching Spring blossom but still live and breathe this trial and justice for Travis.

However, since Juror #5 has been let go, I feel the dynamics of this trial have changed and the rhythm has changed to a different beat.

I can't explain it yet, just a weird vibe i'm getting.

Anyone else feel this way?

Oh, Sydni, you have me laughing in sympathy. I have diagnosed myself with Trial Watchers Obsession Not Otherwise Specified. I know I have developed a mental problem over this trial because I have become secretive about my trial watching. Not one live person knows the extent of my problem- I am hiding it. If they knew that this trial is how I spend literally every spare moment...if they knew that I am skipping dental appointments and telling people I am sick on court days...

Worse yet, I am starting to feel like the WS posters here "understand" me better than my trial-indifferent relatives and friends. They understand why my own pretty pleasant life seems so unimportant compared to justice for Travis Alexander, someone I never met.

I realize I have made this trial personal by subconsciously bundling up all the injustices I dealt with in my divorces, my father's murder, my son's death, the malpractice at the hospital during that one birth, the midwife who didn't scrub, and possibly the unfair nun in eighth grade, etc... and wrapped that whole package up, tied in a bow labeled Nicole Simpson and Caylee Anthony.

I am doing some things to help myself be more balanced as this trial drags on and on with one impossible delay after another. I make myself get out and walk in beautiful nature to connect with all that is right with the world. The beautiful impossibly blue sky, the radiance of the green grass, spring blossoms coming out. I stop by the school and watch the beautiful children playing and how innocent and happy they are because they are living in the moment. They are PRESENT in that Buddhist way of experiencing the moment and when I remember to live in my own present, I feel happy.

Finally, I remind myself that there is great injustice and suffering going on in the world and that this is an unfortunate fact of life. Most of it I can do nothing about. But I can smile at strangers, post on websleuths, and chat it up with the lonely people in my apartment building.

When I come home, I feel better -- and run right to my laptop. Unlike drug addiction, this trial will end and when it does, I'll get my teeth cleaned, go back to the book I'm supposed to be writing and stop feeling like I have little in common with people who don't watch trials.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana