weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Sleuths! Reading here is so much more than other boards. So informative, respectful, funny, and well, just more depth than others. So happy I was able to join.

Welcome!
Nice to have you here.

I have been here from the beginning and have read close to 100% of the posts. So I am going to say can someone give me a reason for the overkill in this case. I don't care what the two experts say, why was TA stabbed 27 times, his throat cut, and he was shot in the face. There is nothing anyone has said that explains this. This is the crux of the case and all the rest is fluff. This was a horrific murder and no one has explained the horror of it. This is what I want to know. jmo

I think it was just plain hatred. She wanted him to suffer for daring to reject her.

:cow:

But there is a whole back story to Mary. I can't remember the exact amount but apparently she was kiting checks, spending money she didn't have and her husband was about to find out. And I don't think there was "proof" her husband beat her. Lord, I should probably go research that case but I already spend way too much time involved in crimes I didn't commit

Ha...my DIL calls me Ms Court TV...her brother is having some legal issues (child custody) but...she calls me all the time asking me legal questions lol

BBM....that was indeed such a strange and telling thing to do.

Not just called the lead detective, mind you, but left a message for him to call her before he'd even first showed up on the scene. The minute he got there, one of the friends told him that Jodi wanted to talk to him. He hadn't even gone in the house to see Travis' body yet.

Hiya, I wrote for the first time about a week ago, and I know there was at least one response with a question to me, and Ive since lost track of it - things move so fast on these threads. So I apologise to whoever I didn't get back to. But I thank you for taking the time to respond.

Ive been toing and froing about the extent to which Jodi has doctored her journals, and noticed this little excerpt which Ive read before, but something jumped out at me.

pip, as you mentioned in your post, this specific little bit above (BBM) might be further evidence to indicate that she has rewritten her journal, which obviously indicates a post-crime clean up, which basically invalidates her journal - nullifying a fair chunk of her defence.

So my question is:
Why is she retrospectively explaining to her journal about the reasons for exchanging passwords for gmail, facebook etc?

We aren't privvy to the whole journal yet, but it would seem strange to me, that such a relevant, and 'journal worthy' anecdote would be left aside - that is, that she wouldn't have mentioned it in her journal in any way previously. It doesn't violate the law of attraction as far as I can tell. And I reckon it reeks of over explanation.

It could be that in her rewrite of the journal (if indeed she did rewrite the whole thing) that she missed out on this important tidbit, and realised she needed to put it in to substantiate some of her stories.

Anyway, been mulling over that one.

I'm still of the opinion, that despite her adherence to this 'law of attraction' that it would have certainly served her purposes for defence to explicitly include her allegations of abuse etc in the journal. So I'm still left wondering why she would leave that out. Perhaps she thought that would indeed look like 'over explanation' and chose not to include it so as not to look like she has constructed the story post crime. Meh, I dunno.

About the passwords, do we know they had each other's passwords? Isn't that only coming from her? I thought she wrote that to cover her hacking of his accounts.

She didn't include abuse because she hadn't made up that story yet. She was still on version 1.0. She was over him and wasn't there.

I have been here from the beginning and have read close to 100% of the posts. So I am going to say can someone give me a reason for the overkill in this case. I don't care what the two experts say, why was TA stabbed 27 times, his throat cut, and he was shot in the face. There is nothing anyone has said that explains this. This is the crux of the case and all the rest is fluff. This was a horrific murder and no one has explained the horror of it. This is what I want to know. jmo

In my mind, she was saying...you rejected me Travis...take this...and this...and this...and the hatred just fed her frenzy...

I think it was just plain hatred. She wanted him to suffer for daring to reject her.

I agree with you. So, why can't we just move on? To me personally, there is no excuse. There is no reason to do all that mayhem to another human being. She just needs to be put down. I don't understand why we are wasting money and time. jmo

There are all kinds of reasons an attorney may refuse a case, but if one genuinely believes that EVERYONE is entitled to a defense (which I believe fiercely) then it isn't really fair to go around criticizing the attorneys who make a system like that possible.

And the alternative would be to just judge everyone guilty if they are indicted by a prosecutor. You can't have a system where "everyone has a right to a defense" and not have some fairly odious people being vigorously defended by their lawyers.

I have problems with how the defense and their witnesses have been conducting themselves here but not with the fact that they are providing the defense that's necessary to be able to try this woman in a court of law.

What Juan will be doing tomorrow.....doing the happy dance

[video=youtube;ZSlZi01Hm-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSlZi01Hm-8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Well, I thought LaViolette could not have sunk any lower, but if this is true.....

It's been posted on the Justice 4 Travis page that when Alyce approached Samantha, she leaned over and said. "NOTHING PERSONAL".

really? How much more personal can you get than trashing a beloved and deceased brother??? I am speechless.

Everyone that comes into contact with Jodi ends up worse off for the wear. She exudes evil out of every pore and her aura is pure black I imagine. The DT asked six other DV experts to testify but they all said no. Alyce is wishing like hell she would have been the Seventh to say no. Evil is as Evil does.

No answer to your question, but as a branch off Nurmi resigned as a public defender and opened his own private practice just as this case opened up. He was assigned to the case, he said no..stating that he had just opened his practice. They then stated they (the court) would pay him his private practice rate if he would stay on. Money talks. He stayed. I so wish I could find the link again for this! This is why I don't feel sorry for him-in this case he could have gotten out of it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

He actually had been assigned to Jodi for quite some time, and then resigned from the PD office to open his own business, so filed a request to withdraw...which was denied. The court then ordered the PD to pay Nurmi his contracted rate. The PD then reassigned his paralegal and support team, and he had to complain to the court about that, who ordered the team to be reassigned back to Nurmi.

This is in the minutes, but I can't remember the date.

I agree with you. So, why can't we just move on? To me personally, there is no excuse. There is no reason to do all that mayhem to another human being. She just needs to be put down. I don't understand why we are wasting money and time. jmo

Oh, I see what you mean now. It's frustrating, for sure, especially with the horrible accusations she's thrown out rather than just 'fessing up and admitting she killed him because she felt like it. It would be a lot quicker that way, though we'd still have a trial -- but we wouldn't have had to see her drag Travis' name through the mud and scar his family and friends for life with all this nonsense about pedophilia and abuse.

I'm confused...do you mean that you assume all defendants are guilty?

We're reaaalllly going off topic here :what:

Yes I assume they're all guilty unless and until I hear evidence to the contrary from their defense attorneys. (DNA etc.)

In this case, even if JA hadn't confessed to butchering Travis, I would still think her guilty of first degree murder because a) the prosecution's case is air tight and b) her DT is blowing smoke

All MOO. :rocker:

Spending 45 minutes trying to get on to Trisha show to listen and join chat...... unsuccessful.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias2.pdf

Check it out! Once opened, keep pushing the down arrow on your keyboard and they will scroll through. :)

If anyone thinks this psycho wasn't planning his murder by using her diaries way before she killed him is a fool. Look how she is trying to cover up after, she makes me ill.

I can understand someone getting a fair trial by law, but turning the court room into a circus. I think Travis sending dreams via elephants is not only that elephants never forget but, that there is a huge elephant sitting in the court room. And it is called....Jodi Arias is manipulating everyone just like she did Travis, don't forget that. Justice for the brutal murder of Travis Alexander!

About the passwords, do we know they had each other's passwords? Isn't that only coming from her? I thought she wrote that to cover her hacking of his accounts.

She didn't include abuse because she hadn't made up that story yet. She was still on version 1.0. She was over him and wasn't there.

lol @version 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member