weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Conservative government under Stephen Harper reversed this position, but the Supreme Court of Canada has placed this reversal in a state of legal uncertainty.)

???????? No it didn't. The extradition treaty in place between Canada and the U.S. has not been altered by any Canadian government.

If JA had gotten across the border into Canada, assuming border guards didn't find her gun and other weapons which in all probability they would have, upon a request from Arizone PD, Canada would have issued a warrant for her arrest. When arrested, she would have had an extradition hearing (much like a preliminary hearing), and given the amt of evidence Arizona PD has the judge in that hearing would have concluded she was to be sent back to Arizona however only after Arizona agreed to waive the DP.

Thank god it never came to that. ElleElle do you know if she was already convicted and escaped prison and came up here, would we still 'protect' her from her legally imposed sentence?

Hey, I've had a tough weekend! We took a road trip, without any gas cans. We're crazy like that! :)

Nice to see all y'all! :)

I understand there are some gas cans in Yreka you could have borrowed.

Does it make me a sick person that I sprang out of bed on a Monday morning because my first thought was "Juan is up today"

LOL I hope not. I jumped up, made my bread dough, have already done 2 loads of laundry, am getting ready to run to the store so I can get the soup for dinner on the stove, so that by 12:30 my time, I can devote myself to every second of Juan's cross. :blushing:

No offense to Canadians (I used to live in Canada) but you can murder someone and get away free or almost in that country.

The Justice system in the US is not perfect but it is much better than most.

LOL it seems that way at times in Canada.

LWOP in Canada doesn't mean life, unless the convicted has a designation of "dangerous offender" (a separate hearing). For example, Paul Bernardo has been declared a dangerous offender, he'll never get out of prison.

Otherwise LWOP in Canada means the convicted can apply for parole after 25 years.

Also, Canada doesn't have 5 life sentences against someone like the US has.

From what has been reported in the news, Canadians in general are pleased with how the Harper government has been tightening up the sentencing guidelines in Canada - making them tougher. :seeya:

The wounds to his neck didn't occur,IMO, initially. I believe the stab wounds to his chest came first and every time he breathed in(inhaled) and out(exhaled) blood spurted from those wounds onto the sink area.

He would have been coughing up blood from that wound to the chest, internal injury. Lungs could have nicked. That blood is going to start come up. Both the coroner at trial and several coroners on TV have talked about the blood in the sink. I think she could have been stabbing in the back at the sink, reaching around chest area to stab more, stabbing back of the head.
Travis standing at the sink, holding on...rapid stabbing to the back in frenzied, tight pattern to the back...think about hunching at the sink. Slice/stab, slice/stab, etc. Self-defense?

Does anyone know if JA's grandparents were interviewed by LE? TIA

Third time asking!:facepalm:

Good Morning Rosemary Pierce.

Yes. I mean I could see way inside. Never seen that photo before. Terrible. Justice for Travis.

That's the photo I want JM to shove into ALV's face today and ask where this would fit into her continuum of abuse where mean words are considered extreme? I suspect she hasn't seen her Snow Whites handiwork before.

He would have been coughing up blood from that wound to the chest, internal injury. Lungs could have nicked. That blood is going to start come up. Both the coroner at trial and several coroners on TV have talked about the blood in the sink. I think she could have been stabbing in the back at the sink, reaching around chest area to stab more, stabbing back of the head.
Travis standing at the sink, holding on...rapid stabbing to the back in frenzied, tight pattern to the back...think about hunching at the sink. Slice/stab, slice/stab, etc. Self-defense?

About that picture of Travis in the shower with both his hands on his chest, do you think he had been stabbed and that's why his hands were up on his chest?

I am almost positive they were. Considering it was their gun, I have to assume they were. I would guess they had nothing of value to add to the trial

I got up early because I was so excited about watching Juan question LaViolette again I couldn't get back to sleep.

If court isn't until tomorrow, I'm gonna be :furious: :floorlaugh:

I have not come across any sources stating they have. Not saying they weren't, just that I have not seen any confirmation of it. :moo:

You might want to listen -- Wendy Murphy speaks for all of us who are sickened by this fabricated defense. And, believe me, she pulls no punches!! Talks about being reprimanded/punished (whatever) by a TV network for calling the defense strategy BS (although she didn't use the abbreviation). It was refreshing to hear a TH calling the spades "spades."

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

Listening to this now.
Pretty good.

How often is this on?

No offense to Canadians (I used to live in Canada) but you can murder someone and get away free or almost in that country.

The Justice system in the US is not perfect but it is much better than most.

We can rehabilitate murdering sociopaths up here rose don't ya know. We're special that way.<<<sarcasm off>> And we aren't offended because what you said is sadly true.

The grandparents were questioned in re: the theft (there was testimony during the state's cic from the responding officer)

I do not know if they were questioned after the murder? Their home was searched at the time of arias' arrest so I would think they were but not sure.

Hey, I've had a tough weekend! We took a road trip, without any gas cans. We're crazy like that! :)

Good morning everyone! Got up and said it's a juanderful day! got all my yard work done this weekend so I could be here with you all and my sinuses are paying for it, pollen in Georgia.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the responses re JA's grandparents. I was just wondering what if anything they said.

Since part of JA's defence is PTSD :floorlaugh: does that not open the door to her mental health overall, both prior to the murder and after?

I can't believe you took a road trip without "the standard" 3 gas cans :smile: I hope you remembered to at least take Paw Paw's gun with you :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams