weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't even understand what Samuels and LaViolette were for anyway -- neither of them testified about why jodi would be afraid for her life on June 4 when she shot Travis and then blacked out and stabbed him and slashed his throat.

Same with Casey A's case. The defense blew smoke out on opening statement that incest was present. It wasn't up to the DT to prove it either. No one really said much during the trial. Same here, it's all based on Jodi's words. I've read so many posts all over the internet that the origin that posters are basing their theories or thoughts on originally came from Jodi's words. Hard to find the dividing line on the truth. I've caught myself trying to figure out the truth and realized, that's what Jodi says is a complete fabrication of reality! All the way down to the texts, vm's, pictures, i'ms etc..She could have done so much if she had passwords to his account.

It's best for me to just stick to what facts have been proven & Juan has done an excellent job imo & I believe them. ALV did not have the big picture to base her evaluation on. She might feel very foolish when she knows everything.

ETA, if ALV & RS both knew everything....well....that's another matter...

I meant to post this yesterday but got sidetracked...

Did you see how the Judge actually rolled her eyes at Laviollette's response on the juror question on if she believed Arias was manipulative?

It's in the very first of this video ending about 1:07

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 46 - Part 1 - YouTube

She only claims that men can be abused as an "aside." Someone in the jury picked up on it when they asked about her always referring to the perpetrator as "he" and if a perpetrator could be a "she." I think she says men can be abused to be "PC," but deep down I don't think she believes it. She has another article where she says:

Link: http://alycelaviolette.com/Women-Who-Hit-Their-Male-Partners.htm

"Having said that," is just a drawn out way of saying "but" and we all know what people say you do with what comes before "but." Disregard it.

She did! In her article she lists 3 categories of battered woman syndrome. She then goes on to say that men have the ability to control or stop an aggressive act against them by a woman (rubbish). She then concludes that men don't fit the 3 categories of battered woman's syndrome because they can stop the aggression, they don't show fear, etc. She says fear is a requisite.

Bah.

Unbiased my ***. :furious:

I hope it's okay to discuss this, because I think it relates directly to the trial, IMHO.

Here's a quote:

"We would expect that a battered male would exhibit characteristics and behaviors present in abused women." And then she lists three.

So ALV is saying the way women react to something is the way everybody should react.

But there's also this (hope it's okay to post, Mods):

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=under-threat-women-bond

It's a short article from Scientific American about a study showing men react differently to a threat than women.

There's quite a few jaw-dropping statements in that really short piece by ALV, but I don't want to turn this into all Alyce, all the time.

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 46 Complete HD ( 4.12.13) - YouTube

Transcription from JSS ordering ALV to be back on Tuesday. It begins at 2:50:200 in the above YouTube:

ALV: "Your Honor"

JSS: "Sit right there"

Jury exits...

JSS: "Ms. LV, we will need you to return on Tuesday to complete your testimony, unless I release you from your subpoena prior to that time. There is "ANOTHER ISSUE" that the...I think you are aware of the "ADDITIONAL" issue, so we will need you to be back here on Tuesday with regard to the time, I know that you have some other issues, but this is a priority, so because you cannot be here on Monday, you will need to be here on Tuesday, so it's either Monday or Tuesday. I'll allow you to decide which one.. date you prefer to come back."

Here is my take on ALV being called back. The judge clearly states it's to complete her testimony, so I don't believe it's the "Sam thing".

Over and over again, Juan has asked the judge if he can ask the "question" of ALV. He has done this numerous times which has always resulted in sidebars . On Friday, he again asked the judge if he could ask "the question." Before the jury questions, ALV kept maintaining her stance and denied any bias against men. The juror questions were very specific and at the end of the day, from her testimony, we find out she has never, ever, testified for a male in a criminal court, although her CV states otherwise.

I believe the juror questions and her answers have opened the door to specific questions regarding her bias towards men. I believe Juan has had the above articles/writings, in ALV own words all along. I think he has wanted to reference them in front of the jury, to show ALV's inability to view a male as the VICTIM of DV. I think Juan was restricted in asking about her writings, but now that the cat's out of the bag, he wants to impeach her entire testimony!!! He wants to go there and put it on record, the judge has said yes...finally.

From the beginning of ALV's testimony, Juan has continually asked about the "apology", magazines, "liking" JA. He does not ask questions without a purpose!

So, I think Juan is going to impeach her further. IMO - she is being called back to have those "questions" he has been begging the judge to ask of ALV. I think it's about her not having the ability to view a man as a victim.

JA was not the victim of DV! Had ALV been an "expert" with a non-bias opinion, like the other 6 people who turned down this case for the defense, she would have seen that Travis was the victim of JA.

JMO - for now. :facepalm:

Link to google book - page 155 is the page to view. http://books.google.ca/books?id=DkPFL6XcKeQC&q=battered+husband#v=snippet&q=battered husband&f=false

First time multi-quoting. I hope I did it right and this makes sense. Everyone had such good posts and articles referenced, in regards to her stance on male DV. Thank you. :blushing:

Im 90% sure JAs camera is in evidence. Didn't one side request the camera for examination at the very beginning of the trial (the other side had been in possession of it)? This is going back to the first week of trial. Maybe JAs camera is even the one JM dropped. Someone else please tell me they remember JAs camera in evidence or am I losing it?!

Her camera was in the evidence locker since 2008, KN wanted it and it was released to the def. a few weeks or months ago..I just saw it mentioned in a you tube, don't know the date of KN's rant about it though.

Oh I forgot... We also got version #5 or 6 from the dv expert about that finger of Jodi's... Green apples my butt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is yet another unbelievable story of hers. She was not in her own home, hadn't been in Travis' for two months, therefore, how could she KNOW that the gun (assuming there was a gun for the sake of argument) was STILL on the shelf of the closet? How would she KNOW it was not loaded? And if she didn't believe it was loaded, WHY would she pull the trigger? Travis had just gotten out of the shower, was undressed and if she was truly in fear of her life, she could have run out of the house.

:rolleyes:

MOO

That bothers me too. Who would grab a gun unless they knew for sure it was loaded? Let me see if I get this. So she grabs a gun not knowing if it's loaded and points it at him. If it's his gun, he knows it's loaded cause he loaded it. He would have stopped I'm sure. And if the gun was empty, any attacker would be really ticked that you're pointing an empty gun at him and really whale on you. This whole idea makes no sense to me. That was not his gun.

from SyraKelly's post - "This is out of character of Travis it just has been something over and beyond what has been going on prior to all of her snarly, stalking behaviors previously."[/I]

I agree so much and I wished so much JM would have pointed out how out of character this email seemed from anything else Travis had written and I wished he would have asked ALV if she asked JA what prompted this "tirade" as the DT loves to call it

This was not my post,I just want to give credit to the right person..lol

Well, then ALV referencing Mr. Martinez at least a million times by name surely shows how powerful he is! Justice!

I think they do at for the reasons you said. But also to remind you she is a "person" not a "defendant" so you have a harder time putting her to death. moo

That bothers me too. Who would grab a gun unless they knew for sure it was loaded? Let me see if I get this. So she grabs a gun not knowing if it's loaded and points it at him. If it's his gun, he knows it's loaded cause he loaded it. He would have stopped I'm sure. And if the gun was empty, any attacker would be really ticked that you're pointing an empty gun at him and really whale on you. This whole idea makes no sense to me. That was not his gun.

You can say that again....she SO stole that gun from her grandparents' house.

Plus, Travis's closet was immaculate...not a shoe out of place.

from SyraKelly's post - "This is out of character of Travis it just has been something over and beyond what has been going on prior to all of her snarly, stalking behaviors previously."[/I]

I agree so much and I wished so much JM would have pointed out how out of character this email seemed from anything else Travis had written and I wished he would have asked ALV if she asked JA what prompted this "tirade" as the DT loves to call it

IIRC she was asked and said she did not have the context but it was still abuse because it lasted so long. It did not matter to her what caused it.

I hadn't realized they talked on the phone just before. It's possible knowing how furious he was with her just a few days before, she wanted to call and con him and apologies and sex talk....subdue him for the kill.

yep, when I consider the phone records showing those last calls between them I have thought she either was conning him into letting her stop by, using some "I'm so sorry bs and I promise I will bring all the goods and we can destroy them together" (hence all the blah blah blah about his computer and the virus), or maybe she was just listening to his voicemail to get a sense of what may be going on in his life that day. The 40-minute call on the 2nd was maybe some sort of lead up? idk?

How about a Violence Against People Act?

While I'd wholeheartedly support such a thing, it is not a make-believe leftist plot that women all over the world are frequent victims of serious physical abuse by men. (I'm not saying you were claiming it was. I'm just making a general comment)

And yes, that means MORE women are experiencing serious physical harm at the hands of men than the other way around. Particularly in cultures where women do not have equal rights to men.

To acknowledge this fact does not an any way dismiss the very real violence that sometimes goes the other way. Nor does it excuse it. Just sayin.

Her story (read: lie) was that she dropped the camera, then in a rage Travis lunged for her making her fear for her life.

But neither Samuels or LaViolette explained why it would have been reasonable for her to fear for her life when Travis lunged at her for dropping the camera. Even if we assumed that preposterous story were true.

AND, to further that train(wreck) of thought, if she hadn't seen the gun for almost a year before while cleaning TA's house, how would she know it was still there on the top shelf of the closet?

Her story (read: lie) was that she dropped the camera, then in a rage Travis lunged for her making her fear for her life.

However, nothing was explained for the obvious overkill, or her selective amnesia, aka The Fog.

MOO

AND, to further that train(wreck) of thought, if she hadn't seen the gun for almost a year before while cleaning TA's house, how would she know it was still there on the top shelf of the closet?

I had asked the same thing. She wouldn't, in my opinion.

:)

Oh I forgot... We also got version #5 or 6 from the dv expert about that finger of Jodi's... Green apples my butt!

I know it is a lie, but if she is cutting an apple wouldn't the apple be in her right hand, and the knife in her left (since she is left handed) so the cut would be on her right hand not her left. Seems to me that would be the case.

But neither Samuels or LaViolette explained why it would have been reasonable for her to fear for her life when Travis lunged at her for dropping the camera. Even if we assumed that preposterous story were true.

No, but they've both testilied that Travis previously choked JA, slapped her across the face when they were in the car, etc. and they also testilied that on the day she murdered him he had body slammed her to the floor. They expect the jury to string all of that bs together and arrive at the same conclusion those experts were paid to testilie about.

I doubt even those experts believe what they testilied about.

I was out to dinner with lots of my family tonight and this trial came up. My aunt works Mon-Thurs. and has never seen any of the trial live and has heard very little about it elsewhere. She watched a little of it yesterday and asked me who the older woman was who was on the stand. I explained and she said: "so let me get this straight, she was testifying on behalf of the defendant? Because if so, she has not a prayer of a chance of ever walking out of prison for the rest of her life." She thought ALV was a terrible witness and thought she harmed her more than helped her and thinks Jodi will get the "ultimate".... meaning the DP.

I have lost all sympathy for ALV .. any that was left has been eroded by watching and re-watching her answer juror questions that contradict her answers from mere seconds before, and ignore rational thinking for the sake of attempting to prop up a failing defence case that never had a chance to work in the first place because it was based on a ton of bald faced lies by the accused.

This may have been posted already, but it's the best article I've seen yet: http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/alyces-mad-hatter-kool-aid-party/

And you know what, there really was a case here for the defence team if they had managed to get jodi in front of a truly insightful psychologist / expert witness .. someone who could have discussed the REAL issues of this case. How a girl with a shaky past, who ceased being parented at a very young age developed a personality disorder which was never addressed and lurched from one failed relationship to the next then met a man she thought she loved who just wanted to have sex with her and discard her if someone he thought 'worthy' came along, only to pick up with her and discard her again for the next 'worthy' candidate. How that would effect someone with a severe personality disorder and perhaps why things ended up the way they did. I mean at least we'd be hearing an argument based on the truth of things, as opposed to the insulting and ridiculous defence put on.

No wonder the juror questions are harsh, they may as well have asked ALV if she thinks they are idiots, as that was pretty much the underlying message in all of them. No wonder Nurmi's gunning for a mistrial, the whole things a disaster, and you have to wonder at a defence team that didn't see this coming a mile off.

Note for next time Nurmi: Once you get your strategy together shell out for a focus group so you can get a little feedback on how things are going to go down, since clearly you have a hard time reading the writing on the wall yourself. Because you may not be able to get yourself out of this now, and it's not your head on the chopping block, it's your clients, and every future client is going to know about it.

Omg! Thank you for posting that link!

Hysterical!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads