weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
good video...the defense needs to watch it and stop the foolishness;

How the 12 News story on Juan Martinez originated
After a 12 news story on prosecutor Juan Martinez and his fan base is entered into evidence on a prosecutorial-misconduct hearing during the Jodi Arias trial, 12 news explains why the story was really done.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001

Thanks Sunny.

I dunno about the defence though - I think the judge needs to watch it.

I saw that katiecoolady was talking with TA family and about the WS....as TA family was very Thankful to WS

So I have a suggestion. I believe you can get an on-line free large GROUP e-card for people to sign (in whatever fonts, etc) they want and to say what they want to the family.

Could the MOD's look into this and getting it to the family via email. So all the WS can sign a Group e-card for the family.

Families stick together. TA family is, and our family here in Support of them.

Is this possible? I know we did it once but I do not know what site was used for *mega* e-card that you signed just like signing a real card. You say what you wish, and put your signature where you can find the space, and picked your font.

Just a suggestion.....but I think it would be a nice gesture on part of everyone here at WS.

TIA:star:

Thanks for the clip! This is just a gross example of what appears to be the defense's entire strategy. They drag feet, clog up court time with ridiculous claims, including calling every single juror a liar. Then testimony on direct takes forever because every last witness has to give anecdotes rather than straight answers. Followed by cross where they refuse to give any straight answers, and it takes an excruciating amount of time to get even the simplest response from them.

l.
RSBM

Thanks for your thoughts :)

Interesting you think this is a play by the DT. I see this more as coming from ALV herself. The DC had to take her out of the court room to get her to change her mind. Perhaps I give it too much power to the witness.

This is exactly why I think he wont call the Hughes'. It's out in the weeds. He doesn't need to prove Travis was a good guy, he needs to prove Jodi premeditated a murder. His witness list so far reflects that. He's getting away from this non sense and getting back to the heart of the case.

Brought over from closed thread:

I am kind of hoping that he cuts back on some rebuttal witnesses. Imo, he does not really need to prove or disprove all of these character assassinations anymore.
I think the jury is getting that these are pathetic fabrications. But if he gets too caught up in all of the side issues then he might miss the core issue: SELF DEFENSE vs CAPITAL MURDER. I think his rebuttal needs to target premeditation primarily. In doing so, it takes the wind out of those silly ' dropped the camera and he lunged' scenarios. JMO

Also, if he puts up executives from Walmart and Tesaro, with computer print outs, there is very little that the DT can do in cross. But putting up the Hughes or the Freemans or MM might backfire, imo.

You're right. JM should and will focus primarily on premeditation. It's just that I dislike (I'm minimizing my feelings) how ALV and the rest misrepresented what the Hughes said. The Hughes were very close to Travis and did not like JA!

JM will hammer down on premeditation so much that by the end of closing the jurors will be anxiously waiting to tick off the box for guilty of murder one!

Some days it's just really hard to post. I know I'll be deleted so I just read and click Thanks. ;)

Alas, some of my best posts are gone forever. I wonder if anyone ever saw them? ;)

good video...the defense needs to watch it and stop the foolishness;

How the 12 News story on Juan Martinez originated
After a 12 news story on prosecutor Juan Martinez and his fan base is entered into evidence on a prosecutorial-misconduct hearing during the Jodi Arias trial, 12 news explains why the story was really done.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001

Wow! Thanks so much for posting this! Can Juan call her as a witness in the misconduct hearing?!?

She did! In her article she lists 3 categories of battered woman syndrome. She then goes on to say that men have the ability to control or stop an aggressive act against them by a woman (rubbish). She then concludes that men don't fit the 3 categories of battered woman's syndrome because they can stop the aggression, they don't show fear, etc. She says fear is a requisite.

Bah.

Unbiased my ***. :furious:

And how she references woman can only be the aggressor/batterer if they have an equalizer, such as a gun or knife. (paraphrasing) Chilling...

It's such a strange mix. On one hand she seems to be an empowered feminist, a pioneer in her field. And on the other hand she places all women in this denigrated victim's role.

Mods, can I post a link to ALV's article "Battered Husband Syndrome (and Other Tall Tales)?
TIA!

hold on: I am asking the owners about this. will be back and let you know soon!:rocker:

Seriously ALV? What if the female has a weapon or two? Can the male stop the aggressive act then? Hypothetically speaking of course.

She does say a woman's aggression does not present a "survival" problem to a man unless the woman uses a neutralizer (gun, knife, etc.).

So if a woman uses her fists on a man's face, she believes the man can easily stop the abuse therefore no battered husband syndrome can occur. :what:

I cannot understand her logic. Just because a man doesn't show fear (that's typical of men isn't it??), and if they're being slapped, punched, pushed, etc. by a woman, it means nothing???

I will say that because of ALV my eyes have been opened wide to the very real existence of women abusing and battering men and the bias that exists against those men.

Because of ALV, in future I will view a battered woman case differently.

Thanks for the link. After watching this report and JM's respect to the people he works for in the State of AZ, it tells how desperate the DT is to ask for a mistrial if they cite this as an excuse.

HLN's editing is offensive of this video. They need to keep it honest and they didn't.

Great clip....thanks again.

So, wonder if this is why the producer of HLN, Ms. Wong is being called to Testify.

Alas, some of my best posts are gone forever. I wonder if anyone ever saw them? ;)

Sorry I missed them -- I was busy reading this book here :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I wonder if JA has read it

n609.jpg

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: I never read it LOL​

This is exactly why I think he wont call the Hughes'. It's out in the weeds. He doesn't need to prove Travis was a good guy, he needs to prove Jodi premeditated a murder. His witness list so far reflects that. He's getting away from this non sense and getting back to the heart of the case.

Exactly. ITA. Once JM establishes the premeditation, it does not matter whether or how much abuse there was in the relationship; the self defense goes away, and any DV justification for her reaction to the alleged Travis attack goes away with it.

She does say a woman's aggression does not present a "survival" problem to a man unless the woman uses a neutralizer (gun, knife, etc.).

So if a woman uses her fists on a man's face, she believes the man can easily stop the abuse therefore no battered husband syndrome can occur. :what:

I cannot understand her logic. Just because a man doesn't show fear (that's typical of men isn't it??), and if they're being slapped, punched, pushed, etc. by a woman, it means nothing???

I will say that because of ALV my eyes have been opened wide to the very real existence of women abusing and battering men and the bias that exists against those men.

Because of ALV, in future I will view a battered woman case differently.

A lot of men will not fight back if a woman is beating them because they were taught to never hit a female under any circumstances and because people like ALV would blame him for the violence even though he was reacting.

What is the goal of the DT with this DV defense? AFAIK Arizona law states force is acceptable only to defend oneself, clearly JA used much more than force - she slaughtered that poor man.

So by law the jury cannot acquit her, is that correct?

ETA: Just for the record, I do NOT believe the DT theory. IMO the slaughter of Travis was deliberate and premeditated by JA

I am fascinated watching Jodi in this trial. She is so completely lacking in humanity, it is just scarey. I believe she was so obsessed with picture-taking because it helped her to mirror being a human being. Same thing with her journals. The journalling allowed her to create an artificial life for herself. She is only a distant shadow of what being human is. It is absolutely chilling.

I've often thought she lives her life as if she's an actress in her own Lifetime bio movie. There's a plot, characters, staging, location, and even a soundtrack.

Total manipulation by Jodi - no action or dialogue is written in to her storyline without careful consideration.

She's the original Truman.

RSBM

Thanks for your thoughts :)

Interesting you think this is a play by the DT. I see this more as coming from ALV herself. The DC had to take her out of the court room to get her to change her mind. Perhaps I give it too much power to the witness.

ITA. I think it was ALV refusing to answer the question completely and honestly. JM was fully in charge.
If I am confused, straighten me out....when JM spoke to the Judge about
'the question we talked about', it seems that the question about TA being extremely afraid was NOT that question, since it had been asked of ALV before JM made that comment. Any idea what 'the question' was, in fact?

Thanks for the link. After watching this report and JM's respect to the people he works for in the State of AZ, it tells how desperate the DT is to ask for a mistrial if they cite this as an excuse.

HLN's editing is offensive of this video. They need to keep it honest and they didn't.

Great clip....thanks again.

Just another one of many reasons I don't watch HLN.

thanks for posting this.....he was asked by a reporter to walk with him and that is the only reason he went out the front door. He had no idea he would be approached and the reporter states she did not approach him until the jury had left. why is the Judge allowing the mistrial motion to remain, what do they think Grace Wong is going to say that has not already been said?

Do we even know this is what Grace Wong will be questioned about. The Judge told ALV that she needed to be in court on Tuesday because of what would be decided on Monday with the witness. (Something to that affect) So could it be that the camera did catch ALV approaching Sam and it's on tape?

One of the issues I would have if I were the court is ALV mentioned having very little retirement and was stopped before she could complete what she was about to say. Is it possible that she may be in trouble because of her not cooperating and dragging her testimony out for days when she could have testified in less than half the time had she cooperated. At $300 an hour the incentive could have been to stall by disagreeing with the prosecutor even though she knew what the answer was but challenged him on it because she knew he would continue. She had to be warned numerous times and still continued to be uncooperative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli