weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so watched the movie "Broken City" tonight with the boyfriend.

Something dawned on me- How can Jodi self-defense against Travis when he wasn't even armed, she was with 2 weapons!

After seeing her do that right handed grip of a pretend knife, I wouldn't rule out her having two knives to slash and stab. Wasn't she busted with two hidden knives in books? It would explain how she could at least hold a gun and knife on him at the same time.
And I think this drinking out of cups using both hands in court or writing using both...is the narcissistic sociopath's way of flaunting the jury and Juan of how 'talented and clever' she is.

I have this vague memory that all the receipts from the trip...Walmart, Tesoro (sp??), etc were saved by JA because she was going to use them to deduct as business expenses when she filed taxes for that year.

I have the same memory. OMG! She was really going to write her trip to murder Travis as a business expense. I'm sure in her twisted mind that made her actually smiled.

Show her into the darkness.

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 10h "We own nothing but the talents God have given to us to improve upon, to show Him what we will do with them." - Brigham Young

I think that if an expert does not write a report than they have to turn over all of their notes. ALV decided not to write a report therefore JM got her notes............like knife on nightstand, pulling trigger in closet, etc. Write a report or turn over your notes.................DT went with notes...their bad.

I think Jodi was sucking Travis in with sex and his own co-dependency issues. He may have even cared for her at one point, Jodi's behavior had to be embarrassing with her hanging on his friends and acting like they came on to her to make Travis jealous (surfing trip) or cornering perceived women threats in the restroom to declare Travis was off limits.
Arias, imho, is a sociopath. We will probably never know the blackmail set up or gas-lighting she was doing to him all along. I bet it started way before she started plotting to murder him. Blackmail is probably what keeps her other exes silent and supportive.

Excellent post.

I have learned so much about her and watched her very carefully throughout this whole trial. It took me a long time to begin to understand how evil and cunning she is. I can see how Travis got fooled by her because it is not very obvious at first. You have to really be with her for awhile and watch her closely.

That is what scares me so much about her. Its how easy she fooled me and I can see how easy she could fool others.

Am I allowed to speculate that Ms. Wong has video of ALV leaning over and speaking to Samantha ?

DIDNT this Wong incident happen around the same time as jeankisarus called to the stand re: Martinez taking pic with someone? And it was rumoured that possibly a juror seen this happen?

Would love to see ALV held responsible for approaching Samantha. I could be Wong about it!

I can't recall the exact wording but at some pt Prosecutor Martinez asked Ms LaV when she first met w the Defendant. She answered very strangely. Something about being brought into build the DV case, not to find ou IF there was DV. I will look for the link.

I believe I heard or read that ALV was brought in to replace another expert. I know in the court minutes on 09-09-11, the court grants a continuance because they have to find a new expert witness to replace one who can no longer testify because of health reasons. Perhaps this was when ALV was brought in? If so, it would explain she was building on an existing evaluation.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092011/m4888308.pdf

JMO

After seeing her do that right handed grip of a pretend knife, I wouldn't rule out her having two knives to slash and stab. Wasn't she busted with two hidden knives in books? It would explain how she could at least hold a gun and knife on him at the same time.
And I think this drinking out of cups using both hands in court or writing using both...is the narcissistic sociopath's way of flaunting the jury and Juan of how 'talented and clever' she is.

Could it be that she wanted to hold a camera in one hand and a weapon in the other? JA did testify that she uses both hands (which I think are double-jointed fingers)...JMO

This is exactly why I think he wont call the Hughes'. It's out in the weeds. He doesn't need to prove Travis was a good guy, he needs to prove Jodi premeditated a murder. His witness list so far reflects that. He's getting away from this non sense and getting back to the heart of the case.

Do we know what the prosecution's witness list is for rebuttal? I haven't heard , just asking. TIA

JMO but ALV is in trouble with the Court for something she did against the Court's Rule or Instruction to the Witness. She either discussed the case outside of court, or the speaking to Samantha, or something else. ALV going to the hospital for a "personal" issue has nothing to do with the Court as far as I know.

But Nurmi made it an issue because he put it in his Motion for Mistrial. He said the 'circus like atmosphere created by the prosecution' has made it impossible or the defense experts [ ALV] to adequately do their jobs because of the public backlash etc.

So Monday is the hearing for this motion, and Wong has to testify first. Then they will probably have to hear from ALV too, since Nurmi threw her into the mix too. JMO

Along these lines, since the beginning I have been convinced that part of Jodi's master plan in killing Travis was to link them together for eternity. He wouldn't marry her or acknowledge her as his girlfriend, but now no one will ever be able to mention her name or his without including the other. THAT is how sick she is.

I watched a DD/youtube segment today with a criminal profiler that I found very satisfying as far as understanding what she got out of all this. According to this profiler, it is very typical of the pattern of stalker/obsessed homicides that the perpetrator will meet with the victim, having the murder fully planned, but also with the intention that they are going to give the victim one last chance to return their feelings. When once again refused, she said the perpetrator will enjoy the physical act of killing his/her victim because they finally have the control over that person for which they have been so desperate.

Kayice
You REALY nailed it! I think you are so right in describing her sick little game and drama games she played with his head. Poor travis deserved better.

I came across this little ode to Juan today. Love the song choice. So apropos.

Juan Martinez ~ man of the year 2013 capturing hearts of women world wide - YouTube

Thx Schuby! Travis has a HERO, his name is Juan Martinez! It shouldn't matter what sex you are, you do the crime, you do the time! I hope she gets the DP for what she has done to Travis..at the time of his death, and AFTER!!

The Alexander family has a hero in Mr. Martinez! He's stood up for Justice for this family. He will get justice, he will get a guilty verdict....Travis deserves it!

When I step back, it makes me cry so much, for what he endured during his death, and what the family is enduring during this trial. :cry: Travis has been slaughtered a million times over, for this, she needs to be put death. You can't fix evil.

JMO

I have the same memory. OMG! She was really going to write her trip to murder Travis as a business expense. I'm sure in her twisted mind that made her actually smiled.

Show her into the darkness.

Your post reminded me of an evil smile Jodi did right when ALV was asked about the alleged child picture that Travis was supposedly viewing and masturbating to. The camera just happened to be looking right at Jodi when this question was asked to ALV and Jodi let an evil smirk appear. It was like she knew this was all a huge lie she concocted and she was proud of how so much time and effort has been made about this lie.

This happened either Thursday or Friday. Cant remember exactly what day.

But Nurmi made it an issue because he put it in his Motion for Mistrial. He said the 'circus like atmosphere created by the prosecution' has made it impossible or the defense experts [ ALV] to adequately do their jobs because of the public backlash etc.

So Monday is the hearing for this motion, and Wong has to testify first. Then they will probably have to hear from ALV too, since Nurmi threw her into the mix too. JMO

I didn't realize we knew what the hearing was about on Monday. If the defense witness cannot handle the backlash, that appears to be her own personal problem, doesn't it? She is the one that agreed to be the "expert" on DV. JMO

I watched a DD/youtube segment today with a criminal profiler that I found very satisfying as far as understanding what she got out of all this. According to this profiler, it is very typical of the pattern of stalker/obsessed homicides that the perpetrator will meet with the victim, having the murder fully planned, but also with the intention that they are going to give the victim one last chance to return their feelings. When once again refused, she said the perpetrator will enjoy the physical act of killing his/her victim because they finally have the control over that person for which they have been so desperate.

Hey shuby
Your back good to see you! Did you happen to run into jm ! ya know ALV said he needed time out! Lol

She will never get the death penalty. This trial is going on way too long.
The longer this goes on, the more the jury sees her, and sees her as a human.
Did she do it yes, 100 percent.
I am a huge animal lover and cannot kill a spider.
I would never be able to sleep again if I took a life.

This jury has become close to her.
All the jury questions were, "Jodi" not the defendant.

I believe...but who knows...they will find her guilty on first degree,
but in no way will they give her death.

My opinion only.
Scott Peterson's trial went on for more than 5 months. That jury convicted him and gave him the DP and they still don't even know how he killed his wife or when. In fact, one juror went on to become his pen pal in an effort to get him to confess from death row, at least that's what she says. IMO she's just a bit strange and maybe even a little infatuated with the felon.

DIDNT this Wong incident happen around the same time as jeankisarus called to the stand re: Martinez taking pic with someone? And it was rumoured that possibly a juror seen this happen?

Would love to see ALV held responsible for approaching Samantha. I could be Wong about it!

I don't where, could have been this site but somewhere I have read rumbles about DT watching #3. I don't know why either.

Along these lines, since the beginning I have been convinced that part of Jodi's master plan in killing Travis was to link them together for eternity. He wouldn't marry her or acknowledge her as his girlfriend, but now no one will ever be able to mention her name or his without including the other. THAT is how sick she is.

Right, I'm thinking her sick, delusional philosophy was "til death do us part". :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery