weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omigosh!! That is brilliant!! A Websleuth Network. Wouldn't that be incredible. There are sooooooo many smart people here, it blows my mind.

I really don't understand why a trial watcher show or network wouldn't work. But, I don't really have a head for business. There must be some reason Court TV and InSession were not successful.

Maybe with live streaming, there is no reason for us to watch on TV and sit through all of the commercials.

:bananalama:

Can some of us that aren't quite as brite(light bulb getting dimmer because of years gone by) ..can we still be a part of WS Network? If so lets do it.

Gotta keep the fear going I guess. Even has the supernatural element of "evil" in the title.

No fear, surprise at the high numbers. The article also says most psychopaths aren't murderers - obviously that's true.

Interesting article from the Washington Times:

Female killers Jodi Arias and Susan Smith: The "Scale of Evil"

What's quite alarming is this:

The Census Bureau reports as of 2009, there are 155.6 million females and 151.4 million males in the United States of America. This means there are about 2, 945,000 female and 11, 567,000 male psychopaths walking among us.
:eek::eek::eek:

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes....ias-and-susan-smith-scale-evil/#ixzz2QxsZaXmG

I guess that would mean there is at least one of us that is a psychopath. :gasp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

IIRC, Juan did say his rebuttal would take about a week, so hopefully the closing arguments will be heard by at least the following week. The defendant's time is running out that's for sure. :drumroll:

I wonder if that week estimate took into account that JW would spend twice the time he did on direct with cross and the half day breaks imposed on the court by JA's malingering.

IIRC, Juan did say his rebuttal would take about a week, so hopefully the closing arguments will be heard by at least the following week. The defendant's time is running out that's for sure. :drumroll:

What if the judge allows a surrebuttal? :eek:

The thought of JW bumbling, fumbling, stuttering and scattering papers around while she scrambles for an angle through even 1 more witness, much less 16 is going to be too painful to watch.

Those poor jurors.

I would just stand up and start hollerin', "I QUIT. ARREST ME FOR CONTEMPT. I. AM. DONE."

Heaven's NO!!!! "STATE'S SIXTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES" not "16 witnesses":floorlaugh:

I can on guess. I cannot think like JA ... thank goodness.

I guess she thought that deleting the photos from TA camera and running it through a washing machine with bleach would remove all the evidence. I guess she had no idea the lengths a forensic lab would go through to recover the photos. Too many people knew TA just bought a brand new camera for his upcoming trip. It needed to stay there and not disappear.

She "thinks" she is smarter than the average bear. Why take it if it would be destroyed in the wash cycle/bleach? She gambled and lost.

HURRAH for forensic labs that never, ever give up. #justicefortravis

JMO

I think she thought deleting them would be enough. Why else take the time to do that if you originally planned on taking it with you? Her self believe that she had a HIGH IQ failed her again.

Originally Posted by TXProfessional
For anyone interested in JA MMPI-2 "elevated" scores on the 10 Clinical scales. She was elevated on 7 of the 10 clinical scales.

I was most interested in the one she was the most elevated on and thought you might be too. Her T-score on the Psychopathic Deviate scale was a 105 (highest of all of her elevated scores) with 65 being the threshold for clinically significant. If you want to research the scales the developer of the test is Pearson.

Psychopathic Deviate (PD)- Hathaway & McKinley (1944). (50 items). High: Poor impulse control, disidentification with societal standards, authority conflicts, marital and family conflicts, inconsiderate, narcissistic, poor judgment, extroverted, self-confident, hostile, parasitic and externalizes blame. Low: Overly conventional and conforming, passive, trusting and non-competitive. Pd is a great characterlogical scale of narcissism, externalization of blame, exploitiveness, and hostility. The subscales for Pd are very important in understanding elevations in Pd. Elevations in Pd can be due to a hostile, exploitive and truly psychopathic mentality, or moderate elevations can be an extroverted normal going through a divorce, or a normal teenager. If Pd-O is greater than Pd, then the more pathological interpretations should be used. If Pd-S is higher than Pd, then the more benign interpretations should be used. It is helpful to also look at the content scales of anger, authority problems, family problems etc. to help understand elevations in Pd.

I know scales need to be seen globally as well as individually, yet I do not understand why this scale was not discussed in detail/ad naseum IMHO.

BBM

Saw this on the last thread. How was this information discovered and is there a link? TIA :seeya:

Oh I am sure she is a psychopath, No doubt about it IMO
GO to the 2:35 moment and watch from there :)...

That would be hilarious if this was not such a serious case! JW is not good at this cross examination stuff.
Darryl was NOT the vampire. The vampire was Bobby Juarez ... (wasn't really a vampire ... just liked them, etc.) lol.

This case has it all Tigers, Bears, and yes even vampires!

Not just JW's voice, I was really disturbed by her body language and those smirky laughs.

Her entire demeanor did not come across well. Juan has an aggressive demeanor as well, however, he used it on all witnesses alike. JW was sugary sweet with ALV and Dr. S. When she became aggressive she came across as snarky.

O M GOODNESS Mods and Administrators !!!!!

I'm in :anguish::gasp: Please forgive me :crossfingers: I just realized my :nono: Now I'm in :panic::panic: and :tears:

I've been here for quite awhile and joined a short time ago. That's my excuse for having clicked on the 'ALERT' triangle outlined in red several times one day. At least I hope it was only one day. I had no clue what that button was for until just now reading this 'Mod" note. I am so worried now that I may have caused any problems for anyone. Please if I clicked it one too many, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the posters that were affected know that I was just an uninformed newby who didn't know what I was doing. I am so ashamed because I do remember clicking that button triangle to see if it did anything. Now I'm going to see if I can find the head hanging down in shame smilie. I couldn't find a shame smilie so I used any that could pertain to my dilemma.

:hearno:

We don't bash or sleuth our fellow WSers.

Playing devil's advocate and disagreeing with one another are welcome activities here, as long as everyone keeps their heads about them and stays respectful of one another. If a post is problematic, the ALERT button is your friend! (Triangle outlined in red at top right of each post.)

In Smilie, that's roughly as follows:

:slapfight: :ohdear: :viking: :whiteflag: :grouphug: :tyou:

If I were one of the jurors I'd want to jump and scream..."I get it, I'm not an idiot, get on with the rest please".

BBM

In Juan's redirect of Dr.JD he brought that out after JW asked about the MMPI aggression score being low (a scale Dr.JD indicated isn't used by psychologist's because it isn't thought to be reliable).

I'm confused. Sorry. I remember when JW was stumbling around the aggression score but was there talk about sexual sadism?

I'm not obsessed with sexual sadism ... lol

I was actually stunned that JW took that much time with Dr. D.

Me too - but I guess she had to defend Alyce - their star expert...:yawn:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, this is the first time I've posted even though I've been lurking on here for a while. So hopefully I'm doing it right!
I just wanna say that after the juror questions yesterday, I am really starting to feel worried about one juror...this has been with me for some time because in the juror questions for every witness, there has always been at least one question that is, sorry to say, illogical and like someone wants to believe Jodi could have never done this or done on purpose.
Let me say that I started watching this trial when Jodi took the stand...before that I actually knew VERY little about it, so I feel like I was very unbiased in the beginning, much like the jurors. I actually BELIEVED Jodi during Nurmi's questioning! I had NO IDEA what the real story was, and that she was just acting and lying her way through it. So I feel like I came into this, as I said, with a blank slate like the jurors.
THAT ALL CHANGED once Juan took over. I completely did a 180, I began to see her manipulation, her lies, her act. I had caught onto her...from then on I became "biased" and feel like now I am VERY biased against her...I feel like every single word out of her mouth is a lie. So I keep thinking, since I was much like the jurors in my lack of information, they MUST be seeing what I saw!
I went back and started watching more testimony from the beginning of the trial that I had missed. One was the blood pattern expert...what got me VERY worried was the juror question about COULD THE PALMPRINT of Jodi have been left on the wall from some previous time? This, to me, was a question that was so out there...does that mean that the person is even doubting that JODI COMMITTED THE CRIME??? To me, this sounds like someone doesn't even want to believe she was even there or that she did it!! As I said I was not following the trial at the time, so I'm sure this was discussed on this forum at the time, but I missed all of that. But that really stuck with me. Then Juan went back and had the blood pattern expert EXPLAIN that it was Jodi's blood MIXED with Travis' blood...but WHY would someone need verification that it was HER palmprint????
Then there were also a handful of questions since then....like, could the camera have been moved by Travis because he picked it up after Jodi dropped it and was checking it while she was running away? DOES THIS QUESTION NOT WORRY OTHERS? It's like someone is just reaching for things to support what they ALREADY believe. This question goes against what really happened and EVEN WHAT JODI CLAIMS, because that would have given her enough time to run away!
Also the question that could Jodi have stabbed him after the gunshot due to the rage she felt inside from his previous abuse (or something like that, maybe it was could the overkill been because of her rage from the abuse?). This shows to me a, they believe Jodi's story that she shot him first, AND they believe he abused her. Other question was, could the overkill be because she was pouring out all her emotions at the time...I don't know if that was part of the last question or not. Then yesterday, what bothered me more than the tiger/bear question (which I can't tell which way it goes), were the CAMERA questions...it's as if someone wants to believe Jodi's story and feel like she put the camera in the washer because she was so frazzled by what had just happened, not as part of her PLANNING. To me, whether or not the camera was in the washer doesn't even matter...the fact that she DELETED the pics is what matters. So is one juror not willing to believe that deleting the pics show planning and ORGANIZATION? To me, Jodi didn't know that they could retrieve the pics...just like the rest of us, I had no idea...I thought if someone deleted pics that means they were removed from the memory card. Jodi claims to have more knowledge of cameras, but I DO NOT believe she knew anything more than the rest of us. So the fact of whether it was in the washer or not doesn't matter, but yet there were two or three questions about this and whether or not it indicates planning, which it CLEARLY does.
Okayyy...sorry this is so long. I just had to get this out there because now I'm really worried, I have been watching the trial daily and I don't know what I would do if it ends up in a hung jury or even life in prison, she deserves the death penalty. I'm worried about this one juror.

Wow, awesome post and you said it better than I could but I ITA. I have had the same niggling worries about those same questions. I hope my worry is for naught or that those questions all belong to one person who then doesn't make it to the final jury cut or that they keep an open mind and are persuaded by logic in the end..but I'm with you on hearing doubt in some of those questions

O M GOODNESS Mods and Administrators !!!!!

I'm in :anguish::gasp: Please forgive me :crossfingers: I just realized my :nono: Now I'm in :panic::panic: and :tears:

I've been here for quite awhile and joined a short time ago. That's my excuse for having clicked on the 'ALERT' triangle outlined in red several times one day. At least I hope it was only one day. I had no clue what that button was for until just now reading this 'Mod" note. I am so worried now that I may have caused any problems for anyone. Please if I clicked it one too many, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the posters that were affected know that I was just an uninformed newby who didn't know what I was doing. I am so ashamed because I do remember clicking that button triangle to see if it did anything. Now I'm going to see if I can find the head hanging down in shame smilie. I couldn't find a shame smilie so I used any that could pertain to my dilemma.
:floorlaugh:

Peeps, WS does not allow posters to share pix of minor children when they are not victims of the crimes we are discussing.

PLEASE remember that these children are innocents. If you see a post that includes a minor child's face and they are not the direct victim of the crime, PLEASE alert on the post and move on. Do NOT quote or otherwise respond to the post.

I think she thought deleting them would be enough. Why else take the time to do that if you originally planned on taking it with you? Her self believe that she had a HIGH IQ failed her again.

Oh I am sure she is a psychopath, No doubt about it IMO

That would be hilarious if this was not such a serious case! JW is not good at this cross examination stuff.

This case has it all Tigers, Bears, and yes even vampires!

Her entire demeanor did not come across well. Juan has an aggressive demeanor as well, however, he used it on all witnesses alike. JW was sugary sweet with ALV and Dr. S. When she became aggressive she came across as snarky.

To your very last comment...Isn't it all about consistency and pattern? LOL. At the very least, she should try to appear to take the same objective approach questioning her own witnesses as she does the State's. She came out of the block aggressive and snarky and looked bad as a result. i.e. "not credible", biased and self-serving. I couldn't even figure out the POINT of most of her questioning! I've gone back to watch again, and I'm still scratching my head.

moo

Heaven's NO!!!! "STATE'S SIXTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES" not "16 witnesses":floorlaugh:

I know. There is no way he can even call 16 rebuttal witnesses. It was an exaggeration for emphasis. Can't take any more of the trial. Just can't. I want the jury to hit the deliberation room and get this dog and pony show on the road.

Yes, however, no one can screw up because no one except Jodi maybe wants a mistrial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks