weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just JW's voice, I was really disturbed by her body language and those smirky laughs.

I think Juan will wrap on Tuesday and we'll get closing arguments next week, unless of course the DT decides to cross the witness for days on end.

IIRC, Juan did say his rebuttal would take about a week, so hopefully the closing arguments will be heard by at least the following week. The defendant's time is running out that's for sure. :drumroll:

2:36:15 is the "you don't know it passed through the brain" idiocy.

i just watched it again can the dr. horn come back in the rebuttal he needs to testify again ..maybe the jury will have ques. for him ..i forgot how good his testamony was now i know why defense stalls the case.

Feeling very grateful that Judge Stephens permitted cameras in the courtroom, that InSession is providing the feed, that websites are carrying it, that it is televised, that we have Websleuths for our enormous number of questions & opinions here, that summary transcripts are available at websites. Where would we be if we had to follow this in the evening paper? Thank you!

Our paper wouldn't have even carried it I'm sure. We don't even have an evening paper anymore.

I don't think JA has a propensity for stabbing necessarily. Besides being obviously disturbed I think she's someone who rages whenever she's angry about something. My sister is like that.

Interesting article from the Washington Times:

Female killers Jodi Arias and Susan Smith: The "Scale of Evil"

What's quite alarming is this:

The Census Bureau reports as of 2009, there are 155.6 million females and 151.4 million males in the United States of America. This means there are about 2, 945,000 female and 11, 567,000 male psychopaths walking among us.

:eek::eek::eek:

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes....ias-and-susan-smith-scale-evil/#ixzz2QxsZaXmG

Gotta keep the fear going I guess. Even has the supernatural element of "evil" in the title.

I'm really curious as to how the judge rules on admission of the testing on the closet shelving. Listening to JA's story she made a "tinkerbell" like leap on the edge of the shelf and grabbed the gun. Curious as to what everyone thinks as to whether this testimony will be allowed or not.?????

There was a motion put in by the the defense: 4/7/2013 MOT - Motion 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH

Don't know that the outcome was.....

Feeling very grateful that Judge Stephens permitted cameras in the courtroom, that InSession is providing the feed, that websites are carrying it, that it is televised, that we have Websleuths for our enormous number of questions & opinions here, that summary transcripts are available at websites. Where would we be if we had to follow this in the evening paper? Thank you!

BBM

You'd be in Canada. :floorlaugh:

BBM~ Huh? It's Gus Searcy who would not give up the name of who was in the car with when Jodi called him after the killing.

He pleaded the 5th, then JSS made him write the name of the person and assured him it would be sealed.

Yep. I think the poster got several guys confused: Darryl Brewer (face not shown/kid), Gus Searcy at a hearing and a goof ball/fame seeker (MOO) and Bobby Juarez - the vampire dude.

There was a motion put in by the the defense: 4/7/2013 MOT - Motion 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH

Don't know that the outcome was.....

Speaking of the shelves....what was the defense's objections? Something ridiculous as I recall. Something to the effect that they might have been photographed by LE after they had been "altered"?

I'm a believer that the motive was not MH or Cancun.

The killing would of have happened Cancun/Mimi or not. moo

Listening to Mimi Hall again....

If JA knew definitively that MH wasn't romantically interested in TA, would he still be here? I'm wondering if the murder would have happened anyway, if not on June 4th, than at some other point.

Hi WS guys (what do you call yourselves?? :blushing: ). I've been a long time lurker :popcorn: . I was always too shy to post, but everyone seems to be friendly and open to new people, so here I am! :innocent:

I live in Japan, so I watch the trial on Youtube. However, on the last trial day, I stayed up until deep in the morning to watch it live! I've been entrenched in the case from the beginning. What lured me at first is that this case involves the LDS church. I'm an exmormon and find it very interesting to observe the trial from that perspective. :detective:

I wish I had written much earlier, but I look forward to "edifying" this board sometimes :luv: :blue:

Welcome! I love it when new lurkers decide to post. It moves me up the seniority ladder!

BBM~ Huh? It's Gus Searcy who would not give up the name of who was in the car with when Jodi called him after the killing.

He pleaded the 5th, then JSS made him write the name of the person and assured him it would be sealed.

Yes, I know, it's just strange and you have to wonder what JA has on all these people that they're so afraid of her - at least that's what it sounds like.

Not just JW's voice, I was really disturbed by her body language and those smirky laughs.

She seems very immature, too bad Dr. D can't post here and give us her professional opinion of her. :facepalm:

I find JW difficult to watch and listen to. I feel she doesn't present herself in the best way, Nurmi might be slow and draw words out, but he does come across as a bit more professional than JW even with the teenage way he chooses to sit in his chair. JW's actions and voice reminds me of those girls in high school who thought they were really smart, but were just average, and thought they were the coolest girl around, but were just another girl. She may be a great person, it just doesn't come across that way to me in court.

I'm already dreading the idea that she could do this same thing with the rest of the rebuttal wits.

She's a mass of odd contradictions: an overall childlike uncertainty mixed with a superior attitude, snotty tone, a piercing shrewish voice and a constant deer caught in the headlights expression. And she stomps around, stops and flips through papers, scattering them more often than not, then makes a big show of taking her seat only to leap up in 2 seconds to object before Juan gets 4 words out.

All of that going on in one body stresses me out no end.

Those court docket lists are just too vague to really determine what they're about.

Yep. We have JM having outstanding (meaning not resolved) motion(s) for the closet/shelves of TA closet, JM motion for JA journals to be seized, had a status hearing today, etc. And then there are the ongoing motion(s) for mistrial.

Until someone goes to the courthouse and gets a copy = we have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynbot