weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of respect for Travis' family and friends, of various ages and religious beliefs can you please stop discussing anal sex in such detail?

I hope people won't censor themselves for that reason. No one intends any disrespect to TA. If people take it the wrong way that's something they need to deal with.

Dr. DeMarte put it accurately when she said it's "immature" or somthing like that. I believe that in her heart she knew she was psycho, she knew she was stalking him, she knew she was generally obsessive and had a lot of faults. I believe that the simple answer is that she just did not want to admit to those faults. She was always playing the victim. She would purposefully change the story to deny any wrongdoing and lay the blame on someone else, even tyring to convince herself.

So true... The stalking started the day they broke up. Her move to Mesa was the physical stalking and I believe is the reason she went to all the trouble to pack up and move near him. If she has to explain why she moved soooo close there is a reason, she was justifying the distance. What close friends-girlfriends did she have to go back to I bet none.

IMO Wilmont is hurting herself with how she has been acting. Her little laughs and smirks. I know she has lost all my respect and I once liked her and I believe the jury has lost her respect and Nurmi's also. The are both pretty slimey IMO

I agree. She is not endearing herself to me that's for sure. JW comes across in a very negative way. I get that Jodi is entitled to a Defense. I get they don't have much to work with. It's unforgivable the path chosen. Trashing Travis in the worst possible ways :banghead: Defend your Client to the best of your ability but these "distractions" are beyond despicable. IMO

I guess it is hard for me to believe he would have slept with her, when there last exchanges where so full of hate and anger. He stated that he hated her and no one ever hurt him like her and how evil she was and so on.
I guess the other thing that is hard for me to believe is after all that went on that he didn't tell someone she was there, that he didn't send anyone a text to say Holy Sheep ***** that crazy beep beep just showed up at my house.
All just my crazy opinion ;)
If I'm not mistaken, you've shared your own history of an abusive relationship. And if I'm wrong, my profuse apologies. If I'm correct though...

Go back to the first time you knew you had to leave. Not the time you really did...but when the first thought appeared. Maybe, like me, you did even separate. Now, remember the hook that drew you back. For me, it was being manipulated with my great desire to have two parents raising kiddos - promises of change and counseling at the ready. As I became more determined to leave the relationship, his manipulations would change to fit the circumstances - he'd purposely prey on my worst fear, like losing custody, informing my family how awful I was, etc.

Despite violence, rages, weapons, and near-daily threats I went back 4 times in a total of ten years before leaving permanently.

In the absolute worst part of it, when psychological abuse had evolved into physical threats which evolved into sexual abuse, I was telling everybody we were going to renew our vows. I was at my absolute lowest but I was so desperately attempting to hold onto the relationship because I'd been taught (read manipulated) to believe I couldn't survive without him. Literally.

I left a month later and everyone was shocked. After all, we were supposed to be renewing our vows. ;)

FYI peeps, the defense has filed its requested jury instructions, a request for surrebuttal and an id of a surrebuttal witness.

Oh lord this trial is going to last f.o.r.e.v.e.r

um have you watched the trial? because the word anal was said on the stand more than i have ever had conversations about it in real life. i understand where you are coming from but per jodi's 19 days on the stand... it was talked about a lot. a lot a lot.

All that anal talk, all that hard work by Nurmi to forever seal Jodi's anus into our brains... Flushed down the toilet by their own expert....ALV! Roflmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is not stupid. DeMarte measured her IQ at 119; that's in the top 11% and the same as JFK's. but a high IQ does not mean someone is immune to error. She made some boneheaded mistakes in trying to cover her tracks.

For example, a rental car would not be noticed by TA's friends in Az and renting the car in Redding would keep people in Yreka from knowing about it. But that assumes that she's would not be a suspect in TA's death. A car rented in another town is easily discoverable by law enforcement and would be hard for her to explain. Moreover, since she took pains to cover her tracks, she demonstrated that she knew that she would be a suspect.

So why didn't she see that this would work against her and not for her? My guess is that she has a disconnect in her brain as to how the world really works, how other people think. It seems to me that she had one of those "I'm so smart, I've thought of everything" moments.

She is not stupid, but she is not plugged into really.

IQ is just a number. I've known a few people over the years who were brilliant... Genius level even ... whom I considered socially and or emotionally retarded. JMO.

Anyone who got personal in their posts toward other members better edit now. Just sayin'!

bbm - I have said it over and over again - THEY HAD SEX! He may have been scared of her, but she was also his drug. SEX was what they had between them.

I know they had sex, because in the picture of him on the bed with the bottle of KY next to him, look at his groin area.... its red.... due the the fact that he shaved his pubic area, they used lube and the friction of sex. It happens.

And, not that ANY ONE wants to remember, but the picture that was taken of her "behind" she is VERY dilated, which is due to recent penetration.

They had sex. Sorry to disappoint, but they did. I do NOT believe for a second that he would allow her to take the picture of him on the bed with the KY next to him unless it was a recent picture after sex. :twocents:

2nd bbm - there is no evidence of rope, because THERE WAS NO ROPE.... there would have been some sort of rope in any of those pictures she took.... there wasn't

But I do agree with you on 1 thing - is was PREMEDITATION! NO dobt

I agree. No doubt in my mind. Also, didn't LE state (or maybe it was JM) that they found pictures of actual sexual acts on the camera? I wonder why those were never shown in court.

Shore... Please forward the memo to Nurmi

I should have just said nothing. I apologize.
I changed my note just to get the information of where to send the donations, because I just want to concentrate on helping the family. I got a bit of unexpected money this weekend and I thought I would send it, as it appears this is going to drag on for yet some time. I am sorry if I made anyone upset.

http://youtu.be/IRyizXGOgjU
Jacob Mefford

If I'm not mistaken, you've shared your own history of an abusive relationship. And if I'm wrong, my profuse apologies. If I'm correct though...

Go back to the first time you knew you had to leave. Not the time you really did...but when the first thought appeared. Maybe, like me, you did even separate. Now, remember the hook that drew you back. For me, it was being manipulated with my great desire to have two parents raising kiddos - promises of change and counseling at the ready. As I became more determined to leave the relationship, his manipulations would change to fit the circumstances - he'd purposely prey on my worst fear, like losing custody, informing my family how awful I was, etc.

Despite violence, rages, weapons, and near-daily threats I went back 4 times in a total of ten years before leaving permanently.

In the absolute worst part of it, when psychological abuse had evolved into physical threats which evolved into sexual abuse, I was telling everybody we were going to renew our vows. I was at my absolute lowest but I was so desperately attempting to hold onto the relationship because I'd been taught (read manipulated) to believe I couldn't survive without him. Literally.

I left a month later and everyone was shocked. After all, we were supposed to be renewing our vows. ;)

You are correct 18 years I endured. I didn't relate the two but if I look at JA as the abuser, I can see your point and how that is deff possible.

If I may ask what FACTS don't add up? The forensic facts adds up to me completely and leaves a clear picture.

What doesn't add up is what Jodi has said happened. She has been proven to be a liar a gazillion times over. I wouldn't believe her if I saw her own tongue being notarized right in front of my eyes. I take nothing she said as a fact except when she said she killed Travis and she was even cold when doing that and when she said he did not want his photos taken in the shower. Oh and one more when she said that Travis did not own a gun.

Travis never owned a gun and there is no evidence supporting that he did. Only the words of a notorious liar with a huge motive to lie because she is facing the death penalty.

LE does not go by feelings and imo they do not believe she had help. They would like nothing more than to arrest anyone that did this to Travis and ask for the harshest punishment allowable for them too. But there is absolutely no evidence that she had help or even needed help.

She is just another vile, disgusting,wicked female who has brutally murdered a male larger than them and then moved the body.

Sadly it is a very simple story and one that has happened so many times before Travis' murder and there will be more committed by other females and males.

This motive is old as time. The 'If I cant have him.......no one can' plus the threat he gave her that he was going to expose the REAL JA to her family and friends.

The plan began on May 28, 2008 and was completed 6 days later on June, 4, 2008.:(

By May 26th, Travis had had enough. At the time of his death he knew:
She was a sociopath
He was just a dildo with a heartbeat
She was a liar
She was a stalker
He was afraid of her
She slashed his tires....TWICE
She crawled in the doggie dog unannounced/uninvited
Entered the house using unauthorized code/keypad
Spied on Lisa/Travis
Sent Lisa an anonymous email
Hacked his email
Hacked his FaceBook
Accessed his bank account
Listened to his voice mail
Went through his camera
Hacked his computer
Stole his journal
Stole his ring
Trashed his car
Owed him money
Most likely blackmailed him with the phone-sex tape so..............

do you REALLY, I mean REALLY think he screwed her that day with KY jelly?
C'mon now. No one is that hard up (no pun intended)

That is what I was referring to which was not adding up. June 4th, I believe, did NOT go down the way she or the State is saying it did. I can't nor won't believe Travis had sex with her.

I watched the whole DB testimony last night. There was one part where he actually responded to a question and you could see JA say "No". Also watched the next vic/the guy in Utah's testimony...she was seething!!!! I thought it was strange that the DT gave him hand picked text messages......and the time was wrong!!!! 8:00 am in the morning and he's saying "nite"? Why was JA's phone set like that or did she do that on purpose?
Wasn't this the reason for the "Green Witch" time business? There was a 6 or 7 hour difference between the actual time and what appeared on Jodi's text messages. Nurmi didn't bother to clarify that for the Ryan Burns.

Yes, I know! This forum desperately needs the trial to return to schedule. Too many days off and suddenly every post is anal-this and sphincter-that.

How about penis talk...is that off limits? I'm still stuck on the fact that the huge penis picture we saw briefly in court was claimed to be Travis'. The fingers in the pic are very distinctive. Per Nurse, not Caucasian. If you look at the picture of Bobby Juarez with his hand around Jodi's face, it sure could be his fingers. I don't know how to crop, and then get pix posted here, but it would be nice to have a cropped pic of all the players hands on one page. Bobby, Daryl, Gus, Travis and Matt. I would at least like to compare Bobby's and Travis'. Is anybody interested in seeing this besides me?

I guess it is hard for me to believe he would have slept with her, when there last exchanges where so full of hate and anger. He stated that he hated her and no one ever hurt him like her and how evil she was and so on.
I guess the other thing that is hard for me to believe is after all that went on that he didn't tell someone she was there, that he didn't send anyone a text to say Holy Sheep ***** that crazy beep beep just showed up at my house.
All just my crazy opinion ;)

But he's a man and she offered up sex. Most men would take it if it was offered from a "hot" chick. I asked my husband about this and he said he would have done it in that situation. Of course, maybe he's just a freak. ;)

What does the jury do when there is no court ?
And have they not seem their family in 4 long months ?

I agree. No doubt in my mind. Also, didn't LE state (or maybe it was JM) that they found pictures of actual sexual acts on the camera? I wonder why those were never shown in court.

I thought that was testified-to also, but I don't know by whom.

I believe they weren't shown in court because: (1) both sides can agree (stipulate) that JA and TA had sex that day without producing photographic proof; (2) because the fact they had sex is undisputed, the evidence would serve no purpose other than to titillate the jury and/or public; and (3) this evidence would be highly embarrassing to TA's family.

While I'm sure JA would love nothing better than to have the evidence of her "final conquest" admitted, I'm relieved that it's not going to be.

Oh lord this trial is going to last f.o.r.e.v.e.r

I have a vacation booked for the last week of may and the first week of June... Thinking about rescheduling it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member