weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to jump really quick on a conversation that people have been discussing off and on: the idea of Jodi finding a relationship while in jail. Usually I am neither here nor there about the death penalty, but there is something about the idea of her finding someone that makes me cringe. The idea that she could find love, have sex again, basically enjoy one of the most wonderful things about life. That she could still experience that. It pisses me off, because she robbed TA of it, and I feel likewise she does not deserve to make love or love someone again.

There are some sick ****s out there. A lot of those sickos don't end up in jail. Instead, they end up pursuing relationships with the worst kind.

Richard Ramirez... had a huge fanbase. He ended up marrying one of his fans.

Ted Bundy had sex with the dead bodies of his victims, and he also was married while in jail.

Susan Smith... she has had sexual relationships with not one but TWO guards.

And that is just to name a few. If Jodi is given LWOP she will, as others have said, adapt to it, and start a new life. She may even get married. She can continue her art. People will be interested. They will be fascinated. She doesn't deserve any of that. She does not deserve to love, to have relationships, to write, paint, laugh, love, live, etc. Really, I feel quite emotional about the subject. But there is something about her smug attitude that especially rubs me the wrong way. If she is given LWOP it will almost be like (to me) she got away with her crime.

I heard on TV she has a girlfriend in jail

I just want to jump really quick on a conversation that people have been discussing off and on: the idea of Jodi finding a relationship while in jail. Usually I am neither here nor there about the death penalty, but there is something about the idea of her finding someone that makes me cringe. The idea that she could find love, have sex again, basically enjoy one of the most wonderful things about life. That she could still experience that. It pisses me off, because she robbed TA of it, and I feel likewise she does not deserve to make love or love someone again.

There are some sick ****s out there. A lot of those sickos don't end up in jail. Instead, they end up pursuing relationships with the worst kind.

Ted Bundy had sex with the dead bodies of his victims, and he also was married while in jail.

And that is just to name a few. If Jodi is given LWOP she will, as others have said, adapt to it, and start a new life. She may even get married. She can continue her art. People will be interested. They will be fascinated. She doesn't deserve any of that. She does not deserve to love, to have relationships, to write, paint, laugh, love, live, etc. Really, I feel quite emotional about the subject. But there is something about her smug attitude that especially rubs me the wrong way. If she is given LWOP it will almost be like (to me) she got away with her crime.

It's tough, of course, but there's no law against people falling in love with inmates. It does seem quite unjust, but it does take two to tango, and in this case, someone on the outside has to be willing to do that. Sadly, I think you're right, and there will be drama and "love" blooming along the way, eagerly documented by the tabloids.

Good evening everyone and happy weekend! So much to catch up on. Did I miss much over the long weekend? Can't believe we have to wait another two days. Anyone know who is up next?

@ AstroKitty- I posted that text Travis sent Jodi. I believe it was sent in April. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

...wait, that email from TA that was just quoted on here.. that was sent right before he was murdered? Was that the last communication? Sorry, I've missed a lot of that stuff and so I don't know the context of their emails.

Can anyone direct me to the story about Travis finding her in his closet?TIA

Other than friends of Travis being on HLN shows, Dr Demarte mentions it on her last day of testimony when Juan has the floor.

No not on the day she killed him-I thought their was a story of her hiding in his closet.

I don't believe there is any testimony as it relates to her hiding in his closet while he had another girlfriend there, but I heard that also; but don't know it as a fact in this case...Not sure that helps.

After what we all experienced in that other trial, I have already been giving myself little 'talks' about how I will react if the verdict and penalty are not what I wholeheartedly believe they should be.
If she is given LWOP, there are things she will still enjoy, but there are far, far more that she never, ever will. And as twisted as it may make me, I will focus on that. She will never stick her toes in the sand, or wade in the surf. Or eat a ribeye steak, rare. She will not feel a baby kick for the first time. She will never feel the warm, soft hugs of children. She will never walk to the fridge to get herself a bowl of ice cream when she feels like it. She will never dye her hair ever again. Or pose for nature shots.
We all have to adjust to whatever happens but she has lost already.

Can anyone direct me to the story about Travis finding her in his closet?TIA

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/07/ddhln.01.html

AUTUMN ETHINGTON, TRAVIS LIKE AN UNCLE TO HER KIDS: Yes. Thanks for having us on the show, Dr. Drew. I am a little nervous, I`ll be honest. A bunch of friends we were talking about things that had happened, and one of them said that she would hide in his closet and when he get home from a date, he`d open his closet and she`d be standing there and he`s like, what is going on? You need to leave me alone.

It's about halfway into this transcript ...

Yeah, and then there is that creepy weirdo that visits her all the time in jail that the media had said was her BF. She deserves NOTHING!

wonder whatever became of him... I guess he used up his whole 10 minutes in one shot.

No not on the day she killed him-I thought their was a story of her hiding in his closet.

I remember that too. Stephanie Hart posted about it (and added her taking one of his socks to sniff just for laughs LoL). I'm going crazy trying to keep all the info on this trial straight. Wish I had a link for you :(.

After what we all experienced in that other trial, I have already been giving myself little 'talks' about how I will react if the verdict and penalty are not what I wholeheartedly believe they should be.
If she is given LWOP, there are things she will still enjoy, but there are far, far more that she never, ever will. And as twisted as it may make me, I will focus on that. She will never stick her toes in the sand, or wade in the surf. Or eat a ribeye steak, rare. She will not feel a baby kick for the first time. She will never feel the warm, soft hugs of children. She will never walk to the fridge to get herself a bowl of ice cream when she feels like it. She will never dye her hair ever again. Or pose for nature shots.
We all have to adjust to whatever happens but she has lost already.

Don't forget those wonderful Starbuck strawberry frappuccinos :)

Rewatched an episode of The First 48 earlier. One incredible homicide Detective said that early in his career, a Chief of D's told him, "You need to stop wondering why." He said at the time it seemed like a really off the wall thing to tell him. Now, years into his career, he gets it.
Normal minds will never be able to comprehend what people like JA have done. But we'll keep trying anyway :) Because we just feel that if we dig deep enough, or look under enough rocks, it will somehow make sense enough for us to at least come to grips with it.
We're pretty hard-headed :) That, and we have a sense of good in us.

As is with the Boston situation this week.

But to be back on topic for this thread! I must say I missed you guys in the last few days .. I have been preoccupied with something else that has taken my mind off this... the Boston thread and also the scanner thread downstairs which I listened to for a very long time and never knew that thread for scanners was here on this website.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I honestly can't remember that story because she seemed to be sneaking and hiding on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nunca me buscaron101