weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I come, hanging from my limb again.

HEY there's a suggestion for a new smiley emoticon...a smiley hanging out on a limb!

I watched the interrogation/interview of the mother.

My personal opinion based on a lifetime of watching people's body language is that this woman knows how to put on a good show. Whenever people start with the cry/talk I sit up in my chair and listen very closely.

What JA did was horrific, inexcusable and very difficult to even comprehend BUT having said all of that, JA still is a human being with a past.

Watch the video of her as a bridesmaid and she simply has no self esteem in that video. I watched that several times and she's so uncomfortable I had to wonder why.

Then I found the photo of dear old daddy holding her when she was about 3? He's an old biker this guy. Don't know him, don't know if he was a wanna be or a bonafide but Mr. TOUGH liked to show off his arms in cutoff sleeveless shirts.

Don't be fooled by women who say.."Oh her childhood was all cookies and my pretty pony."

My GUESS is that Mr. tough liked to be tough at home, JA was born with a very susceptible personality to begin with and placed in this environment with a mom who perhaps?? has mental problems of her own? And a tough man for a daddy?

I think it's was a ripe garden for fertilizing a BPD with violent, seething problems.

I feel sorry for the JA BEFORE she slaughtered Travis. Not after. Barring complete psychosis we all make our own choices and she made hers.

I agree ... I'm not buying what they're selling at all in regards to life at home with the Arias'. I think there just has to be sexual abuse in her past, as well as emotional neglect, and not the kind where mom says something harsh like 'dry your tears princess' either.

I'm sitting listening to my Whitney Houston collection and pondering this trial and the situation leading up to it.

I honestly think that JA was teetering on psychosis and then about the time she moved to Mesa was sliding right into full on psychosis.

Much in the same way certain cells in your body are just predisposed to cancer and then the right environment kicks them into disease.

When I watch her in court I think she has slid full on into her mental illness. Of course mhoo.

I missed a bunch on Katie's "spanx problem but thought from what I did get that it might have been what happened to me at work once. Apparently went around all day with my dress tucked around inside the back of my panty house exposing my bare butt all day which no one bother to mention until the end of the day.

I was very surprised about that too. Sure seems like a whole lot of extraordinary weirdness with this trial.
Regarding Donavan being allowed in court for JA's trial is incredibly puzzling to me, too!

There should be NO REASON for her to be there!

However... with the way the U.S.A. bends over to protect the rights of the perps over the victims... I imagine D is allowed to attend to help provide moral support for JA...

Which is an irony in itself.. since we all know JA has no morals!

(Please note: I love my country... but like everything... It has some places where it needs work on... and this bowing to the perps is one of those places...)

JMO

I agree ... I'm not buying what they're selling at all in regards to life at home with the Arias'. I think there just has to be sexual abuse in her past, as well as emotional neglect, and not the kind where mom says something harsh like 'dry your tears princess' either.

If there had been any sexual abuse, JA would have been shouting it from the rooftops! I don't think for a minute that there was any sexual abuse. I just think that she is a bad seed. Just my opinion.

Here's something I didn't think about till someone brought up the knife. They were into light bondage right (her getting tied up)? The knife could have been there to cut the rope or for edge play.

I don't think she was in the sex trade. I'm a sex worker and believe me, I would have heard about her if she was one of the "sisters". I run a phone site - there's only 1 that's used as opposed to the hundreds of cam sites. She's not on there.

She ambushed him in the shower and quickly. I think she stabbed him though. I can't see someone walking around with a gun shot to the face. Somehow he stood up at that sink and somehow he tried to get to the door (meaning he had cognitive abilities still) and there was no down time - as the photos show with the time stamps - I think he was on all fours in the hall way, she stabbed his neck/back and head in the hall. I think she cut his throat there too. She then dragged him into the shower.

I'm on the fence if they had sex that day or not. I know what it looks like - but I maintain she took her own nudes.

Remember Mark Hacking? He killed his wife to keep her from finding out that he was never going to Med School. He killed her on moving day.

Another case where the victim was murdered because they were going to "out" the psycho. ITA. He had built an entire life based on lies and was desperate once she threatened to "out" him. Great comparison...I had not thought of that case in relation to this one. Many similarities.

I think Donovan appearances in court are a veiled threat. So are the tweets. The message I got from those from Jodi is 'I still have reach so watch out'. I don't like it, no I don't.

I dunno on that one. I've never in my life seen ANYTHING...male or female...as effed up as JA!

you forget that one in Florida- just as effed up- and she killed her own little girl.

more effed to me than JA.

Off to slumberland too. To clarify if anyone has noticed, I can spell and I can type but can't see in the dark. Can't see so good in the light either.

JMO but I;ve always thought she was in the phone sex trade and TA found out.
How? Don't know. But she sure did a lot of traveling for someone who was a part time waitress. Where did
all the money come from for her life style? MOO

Now there's a thought, JA in the phone sex trade! IMO she was involved in
something along those lines. Maybe that's what Travis found out about her..

What are the odds there won't be?

As far as anything bad happening to JA in prison, I don't think so because she has already been in there almost 5 years and nothing has happened to her. jmo

But then why didn't they testify in their CIC for her.

Now there's a thought, JA in the phone sex trade! IMO she was involved in
something along those lines. Maybe that's what Travis found out about her..

I think that is very possible. jmo

LOL...I hope you are right! There will be other prisoners in there who will have killed too. Hopefully there is at least one who is as manipulative and narcissistic as Jodi.

The prison in Arizona that houses inmates on death row is currently being sued because of the violence. Female gang members. Jodi cannot walk into any prison fluffing her feathers. She wont get away with it. She will be a target.

How can you be undecided about her punishment for what she has done? She must get the DP to take away her manipulation of people and to prevent her from receiving any more satisfaction with LIFE. You did hear Dr. Demarte testify. This murderer will continue to control people and get satisfaction from it as long as she is allowed to write, sing for the crowd, and whatever else it is that people with Borderline Personality Disorder do. I respectfully disagree. JA deserves the DP.

Well, you could be undecided about the death penalty for many reasons. The least of which for me is that I think the DT presented the wrong defense.

I don't buy the PTSD/DV/self-defense because there is simply so little evidence to support it.

Having brought up a more plausible defense of Premenstrual dysphoric disorder coupled with BPD, no then I cannot see the DP as a viable punishment.

The DP debate alone could fill up page after page on a separate forum.

Also, simply because one psychologist testifies that it is her professional opinion on something does not make it written in stone.

That's the beauty of being in America, we get to voice our differing opinions.

Along that subject, unless we invent some kind of mind reading device we HAVE NO IDEA what JA is thinking or what gives her pleasure.

There is no proof that singing or interacting with others gives her pleasure. Quite the contrary I think interacting with others causes her great discomfort and it's the manipulation of them that she does in order to try to calm the inner anxiety she has.

Also, BBM in red: People can only be manipulated if THEY ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE. I would hope that the professionals JA will come in contact with while incarcerated will be aware of her ability to do that, as is the case WITH MOST INMATES.

Here I come, hanging from my limb again.

HEY there's a suggestion for a new smiley emoticon...a smiley hanging out on a limb!

I watched the interrogation/interview of the mother.

My personal opinion based on a lifetime of watching people's body language is that this woman knows how to put on a good show. Whenever people start with the cry/talk I sit up in my chair and listen very closely.

What JA did was horrific, inexcusable and very difficult to even comprehend BUT having said all of that, JA still is a human being with a past.

Watch the video of her as a bridesmaid and she simply has no self esteem in that video. I watched that several times and she's so uncomfortable I had to wonder why.

Then I found the photo of dear old daddy holding her when she was about 3? He's an old biker this guy. Don't know him, don't know if he was a wanna be or a bonafide but Mr. TOUGH liked to show off his arms in cutoff sleeveless shirts.

Don't be fooled by women who say.."Oh her childhood was all cookies and my pretty pony."

My GUESS is that Mr. tough liked to be tough at home, JA was born with a very susceptible personality to begin with and placed in this environment with a mom who perhaps?? has mental problems of her own? And a tough man for a daddy?

I think it's was a ripe garden for fertilizing a BPD with violent, seething problems.

I feel sorry for the JA BEFORE she slaughtered Travis. Not after. Barring complete psychosis we all make our own choices and she made hers.

BBM

I don't. She had to have known something wasn't right, that she had problems, yet she chose to do nothing about it. She has only herself to blame.

As far as anything bad happening to JA in prison, I don't think so because she has already been in there almost 5 years and nothing has happened to her. jmo

Yes nothing has happen to her there,but she is going to the big house next!!

So Mrs G Norris and IB Sleuthin think that JA is not responsible for what she did to Travis? :facepalm:

But...according to ALV if you toss a "haa ahahahaaa" in there somewhere then there is no evidence of fear.

:facepalm:

i still can't believe we had to watch that whole defense, what a waste.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn