Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey no worries. So it is happening on your iPads too correct? I did read that a few people have Samsung phones and it is causing problems for them too.

We can trace back the problem with the battery drain and the overheating to the video ads is that correct?

Thanks again for your patience and help.
Tricia
I have an older Samsung phone (s4 mini). Using Chrome browser the site was not usable for me at all, for the same reasons listed by other posters. It was a definite deal-breaker. Since I switched to using an browser, however, the site now works as it should.

That said, I'm still tapatalk's biggest advocate. No browser can possibly beat TT convenience, simply because of the nature of what TT is. But I also realize & respect that it's not a high priority right now.

I have an older Samsung phone (s4 mini). Using Chrome browser the site was not usable for me at all, for the same reasons listed by other posters. It was a definite deal-breaker. Since I switched to using an browser, however, the site now works as it should.

That said, I'm still tapatalk's biggest advocate. No browser can possibly beat TT convenience, simply because of the nature of what TT is. But I also realize & respect that it's not a high priority right now.
I agree. The site was unusable for me without an . I prefer to use an and make the occasional donation to Tricia.

I have been watching a live stream for the last 3 hours. My phone was fine. I came on here to check on four Threads and within 10 minutes my phone is very hot. I have a Samsung Galaxy 8.

Right now I have at the bottom of this page, the only one open at this time, a video of a steak grilling. I guess for each one that I open I have to go down to the bottom of the page and stop each one of the streaming videos as when I come to the site I open multiple threads, so I guess I have that many videos going at once? But that is so strange, as I was watching a video live stream for 3 hours before I came on here?

Signing off, as the phone is getting too hot.

Hey no worries. So it is happening on your iPads too correct? I did read that a few people have Samsung phones and it is causing problems for them too.

We can trace back the problem with the battery drain and the overheating to the video ads is that correct?

Thanks again for your patience and help.
Tricia
Yes Tricia the WS videos playibg

I'm giving up this a.m. it is only 6a.m. Est.

The WS videos constantly playingon a loo at the bottom of the screen with sound that means I have to have the phone on permanent mute are the problem imo. Can't stop 'em. And they are boring and repetitive -
Eta took me 15 minutes to post and edit this. They are all Fox news videos with Websleuthss in top left overlaid.

Another thing going on...

If you click on 'Trials' in the right column under 'Last Message' some are showing up as N/A instead of the posters name & time

I'm giving up this a.m. it is only 6a.m. Est.

The WS videos constantly playingon a loo at the bottom of the screen with sound that means I have to have the phone on permanent mute are the problem imo. Can't stop 'em. And they are boring and repetitive -
Eta took me 15 minutes to post and edit this. They are all Fox news videos with Websleuthss in top left overlaid.
It's also happening here [URL="https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ks-lucas-hernandez-5-wichita-17-feb-2018-32.376955/page-39#post-14175587"]Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32[/URL]

Hmm I am getting sudden feeling that it might be something due to website Region settings and this funny new EU laws. I really hope not.

Did any of your new followers were from outside of US?

I don't do follow or add friends often so I am just guessing here. But with so many problems due to this new EU laws (not being able to read now US news articles etc) I would not be surprised.

Well, I just clicked on "Follow" for Gardener & I'm in Europe, so that's not it! I know what you mean about the "new" EU laws - not being able to read some U.S. articles & even court sites.... frustrating!!

Edited to add - I see you found your problem... :)

@Tricia - you can put this on the lower part of your list -
When you hover over the page # - can we have the post #s on them come up like before? Otherwise it's a slow process to find where I left off on my "older" threads that I'm going thru now.

@Tricia - you can put this on the lower part of your list -
When you hover over the page # - can we have the post #s on them come up like before? Otherwise it's a slow process to find where I left off on my "older" threads that I'm going thru now.

Did you try clicking the tiny blue dot to the left of the thread title? That takes me to my first unread on older threads I watch, but have not visited yet on the new forum.

Ah yes that blue dot! :) I'll give it a try! Thanks!

There is something different now with clicking on the blue dot, which takes you back to your last post. On the old server we could click on it and it would open a new page in the background. I could go to my unread threads that I followed, and I would open about four or five threads and they would open behind the scenes if you know what I mean. Now, if I click on the little blue dot, it forces it to go to the new page and open it. I used to like to open 4 threads in the background, close out the main thread, and then go through the 4th threads as I wished. With the new system, I have to go to a thread I'm interested in. Read that, go back to the main thread. Go back to my second one of Interest, then go back to the main thread. Then go to the third one that I have interest in and read that, then go back to the main thread And then open the fourth one, and then go back to the main thread.

Right now I am having problems posting this is a video advertisement is trying to take over posting this!

ETA.. my phone is burning up now with just posting this . I assume to the car streaming that is at the bottom of the page! I do hours of streaming and my phone doesn't get hot, yet after 5 minutes on this site my phone gets hot. Why is that?

Two things that I really like about the new format :)

1) Not losing the post or getting booted from a long post while you are typing.
2) Having more time to edit your post after you've replied.
Number 1 is still happening to me all the time.. Number 2 no change and we have no delete post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member