Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we start a new thread - I see we've just passed 1000 posts - it would help very much if an overview were first given of problems encountered, and, along with it, a compilation of solutions applied and problems thus solved.

(I realize it's easy to say and hard to compile!)

That way, this invaluable thread could start with a clean slate, and readers could then learn what comes next, and how it's going. Like life, we always work toward perfection and hope to come reasonably close to it. And it's nice to have a scorecard.

When we start a new thread - I see we've just passed 1000 posts - it would help very much if an overview were first given of problems encountered, and, along with it, a compilation of solutions applied and problems thus solved.

(I realize it's easy to say and hard to compile!)

That way, this invaluable thread could start with a clean slate, and readers could then learn what comes next, and how it's going. Like life, we always work toward perfection and hope to come reasonably close to it. And it's nice to have a scorecard.

Agree. That’s why I asked Tricia to regroup on specifics. In an effort to hold off on what’s not at the top of her list of problem solving.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen one poster here request a Multi-Quote button. I've seen at least 50 posts requesting a Delete button. It's not rocket science. You just go into the setting and check the same options to add a Delete button that is checked for the private forums. It should take less then two minutes. Which means that the requests here are being totally ignored.
A delete button* AND a cancel button.

So a delete button to remove a post after its been posted AND a cancel button to remove a post typed but changed mind and no longer wishing to post.

Yes I realise there is a convoluted way of deleting text from the reply box (highlight text, press delete on keyboard, click on drafts, select delete draft and refresh page) but it is frustrating when you know one instant cancel button can do all of that.

* as regards a delete button I have used one here on the threads so perhaps it is a feature that you only see on a PC and not a phone, or perhaps it only appears in certain forums, or perhaps it's only an available option that appears for 10 seconds - a blink and you miss it kind of affair.

So a delete button to remove a post after its been posted AND a cancel button to remove a post typed but changed mind and no longer wishing to post.
Yeah, I thought about a Cancel button too. But if we can't even get a Delete button, I'm sure a Cancel button is expecting way too much. It would be nice to see basic functionality like Delete and Cancel buttons, before advanced features like multi-quoting is added.

Yeah, I thought about a Cancel button too. But if we can't even get a Delete button, I'm sure a Cancel button is expecting way too much. It would be nice to see basic functionality like Delete and Cancel buttons, before advanced features like multi-quoting is added.

Testing multiquote

Didn't work for me. I clicked on two multiquotes and then on a third reply and only this third post has been quoted.

How is it supposed to work?

Just a regular reply and the two posts I still have selected havnt shown up on this post.
Hmmmm??

Testing multiquote

Didn't work for me. I clicked on two multiquotes and then on a third reply and only this third post has been quoted.

I have no idea.

Public forum or private forum? I still don't see any delete button, in the public forums. It's amazing that we got a totally worthless Multi-Quote button now, but we still don't have a Delete button.

Hard to pease all of us, isn't it? I am grateful for the multi-quote button. For those who like to do multi-quotes, it stopped the aggravation of hitting reply for each one as you go through and then trying to find your place while still reading (before actually typing your replies) . It works very nicely.

Testing multiquote

I have no idea.

Click QUOTE, click second QUOTE, then below the blank reply box click INSERT QUOTES. A pop up gives you the choice to insert them all or cancel the quotes.

Click QUOTE, click second QUOTE, then below the blank reply box click INSERT QUOTES. A pop up gives you the choice to insert them all or cancel the quotes.

Ok thanks. I missed the INSERT. I'll try again.
That is a great idea. Again, I will do my best to get to this tomorrow. Both of these ideas are fantastic.

Yes I realise there is a convoluted way of deleting text from the reply box (highlight text, press delete on keyboard, click on drafts, select delete draft and refresh page) but it is frustrating when you know one instant cancel button can do all of that.

* as regards a delete button I have used one here on the threads so perhaps it is a feature that you only see on a PC and not a phone, or perhaps it only appears in certain forums, or perhaps it's only an available option that appears for 10 seconds - a blink and you miss it kind of affair.

Ty that worked. And it cancels them automatically afterwards.

Last edited:
Hard to pease all of us, isn't it? I am grateful for the multi-quote button. For those who like to do multi-quotes, it stopped the aggravation of hitting reply for each one as you go through and then trying to find your place while still reading (before actually typing your replies) . It works very nicely.

Thanks Spell - I was trying to remember but wasn't helping anyone, LOL

It doesn't show up on PC, either.

All these buttons/features will take time. I am okay with just the backspacing and typing in delete for now. A cancel button is a good idea.

I found something interesting when reading some old threads today. I can see all of my posts that where removed. Capture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M5FL72