Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed we have a quote button now between the like and the reply buttons. One more little button for my fat fingers to hit by mistake :p

I was happy to get a quote button for making multiple quotes in one post and not lose my place where I was still reading, Yeah! But I can't use my chubby fingers, I rely on a stylus to hit the right button. ;)

I found the edit button, which is both edit and delete by the looksies of it.
Public forum or private forum? I still don't see any delete button, in the public forums. It's amazing that we got a totally worthless Multi-Quote button now, but we still don't have a Delete button.

Public forum or private forum? I still don't see any delete button, in the public forums. It's amazing that we got a totally worthless Multi-Quote button now, but we still don't have a Delete button.
I have had to remove a few of my own posts. I ended up typing the word "deleted" because, etc...:oops:

But I have found the multi-quote feature quite useful.

When I log on- the page that always opens says "Websleuths error" it does not open to any homepage... anyone else??

When I log on- the page that always opens says "Websleuths error" it does not open to any homepage... anyone else??
Are you using an old bookmark? I haven't updated my bookmark, so yes I see that every time I enter the site. The forum still loads though, so I haven't bothered fixing it.

I have had to remove a few of my own posts. I ended up typing the word "deleted" because, etc...:oops:

What is the difference from using the +quote button vs using the reply button multiple times to achieve a multi quote?

What is the difference from using the +quote button vs using the reply button multiple times to achieve a multi quote?
Well I didn't go back and try it again yet but I think the options included removing quotes with a click. It's gon' take me some working and trying and getting accustomed to just like the old format IMO.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen one poster here request a Multi-Quote button. I've seen at least 50 posts requesting a Delete button. It's not rocket science. You just go into the setting and check the same options to add a Delete button that is checked for the private forums. It should take less then two minutes. Which means that the requests here are being totally ignored.

Well I didn't go back and try it again yet but I think the options included removing quotes with a click. It's gon' take me some working and trying and getting accustomed to just like the old format IMO.
You mean removing a quoted post within a multi-quote with one click? VS what procedure?

You mean removing a quoted post within a multi-quote with one click? VS what procedure?
VS Highlighting and deleting IIRC but there were other options. I recall that I used "Reply" several times but it was inconstant - not all quotes showed so refreshing, going back all made it worse. Much smoother with the quote button IMO

Please Everyone,

Stay on topic. This thread is hard enough for me to follow so I can understand the issues posters are with the switch to the new software.

Thank you very much.

Triica

Tricia can you be specific on staying on topic or maybe categorize the various issues with the new software?

Thank you

Tricia can you be specific on staying on topic or maybe categorize the various issues with the new software?

Thank you
Staying on topic should be easy to understand.

Lets give Tricia a chance to fix or explain the issues that some but not all members are having with the new site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234