Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have one question... when we get “points” will we be told why? I’ve got 6 points and I can’t figure out how I violated the TOS.
Are you talking about trophy points? I think you are. If you had 6 points against you for violating TOS you would have been timed out and you would have received a message.
I am not sure about this awarding points and trophys. I haven't had the time to figure this all out yet.

Hey Class, May I Have Your Attention Please?
Thank you.
Dave is working on an issue that is top priority at the moment. We do not know when this task will be completed but as soon as it is Dave will be working on some of the issues you are bringing up on this thread. I'll come back to update you.
PS. My eyes keep blurring. Not on just the forum but everywhere I try to read. So I if I type something that doesn't make sense it's because of this eye thing. I realized I typed Dave's name as Bruce. Caught and changed it thank goodness.

Send me the name you would like to use and I will change it for you. I used my real name too when I first started checking out the Internet. But alas, I didn't know how to change it. Heck, I barely knew how to log on to anything. LOL. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

I’ve been waiting for an answer on this as well...just emailed you! :)

This is very strange that we do not have this option. Hopefully, it is available to us and was overlooked for some reason. I know what you mean about trying to cancel your post. It seems to stick in that box no matter what. However, I did find a way. Leave the forum, you don't need to sign out just completely leave the forum for a second or two then come back. Your box will be cleared. When I say leave I mean leave the forum by putting another address in the address bar on the page with the post you want to get rid of. This takes you to another site. Then come back to Websleuths and it will be gone. It is a pain in the you know what but until I can look into this it is the best we can do.
Like a ghost, it's gone, ok, wait what is that gray matter, there it is again! lol When it kept coming back - I had cleared the box at least 6 times, I figured it was going to insist on posting regardless. LOL

Nobody worry! I'll be the one to bump the button on my way out of the chair + post all the shtuff I was intending to NOT say. Most likely repeatedly. :rolleyes:

Hey Class, May I Have Your Attention Please?
Thank you.
Dave is working on an issue that is top priority at the moment. We do not know when this task will be completed but as soon as it is Dave will be working on some of the issues you are bringing up on this thread. I'll come back to update you.
PS. My eyes keep blurring. Not on just the forum but everywhere I try to read. So I if I type something that doesn't make sense it's because of this eye thing. I realized I typed Dave's name as Bruce. Caught and changed it thank goodness.

I am not sure this sounds good my dear

is it more than visual go to a doc if it keeps happening says poppa!

Couple of things:

I am seeing chinese threads in the bottom of the screen ????

Where do we see our TO points if we have any?

My replies are still jumping up into the quotes and messing them up. I try to jump to the top of the quote befor replying but don't always remember.

Couple of things:

My replies are still jumping up into the quotes and messing them up. I try to jump to the top of the quote befor replying but don't always remember.

Chinese threads?! o_O

You should be able to see your TO points by clicking on your avatar... if you have any that is.

Couple of things:

What a mess - I sent a message. Well I think I did anyway lol. I'm still clicking 40 places before I find what I was almost looking for. Under your avatar it lists in light text messages (your posts), likes received + trophy points. IIRC Tricia said if you had naughty points it would auto send a message (conversation over here) with a reason or warning note. I know many folks use their phone so I don't know for sure on your last quote issue. Other than the [ ] symbols are what "box in" the quoted text so your cursor just needs to be either before [ or after ]. I often see my cursor inside the quote area after I've already typed a page. When that happens, I highlight my input, copy, delete, then paste outside these buggers again [ ]. I hope that makes sense. One eye half open so far + it is not translating Chinese well LOL.
Who has the coffee pot around here anyway? :confused:o_O

eta - I meant when I said about using a phone to say - I need the big screen so I don't know how it views on a phone or if the posting is a bit different.

Good points Spellbound!
But let's do the current math:
haven71 has 250 Likes for 549 Messages = 46%
Spellbound has 1,309 Likes for 14,571 Messages = 9%
After getting comfortable with the new forum, now I rarely look at the Likes and Trophy Points. But I certainly understand how both of these can be annoying.

Haha ... brain tired last might and lost my math skills. Thank you! Dear haven passed me a long time ago! She rocks on!

Couple of things:

That would concern me on a whole bunch of levels !~!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else finding go to first unread sporadic there sometimes sometimes not

l(akin to my ability to type -- erratic!

Mods ======are naughty ( liked the adjective!) points in that box that comes up when you click on avator that is good to know !!

Is the chinese translator worse than the CARIIS translator!!

Is anyone else finding go to first unread sporadic there sometimes sometimes not

l(akin to my ability to type -- erratic!

Mods ======are naughty ( liked the adjective!) points in that box that comes up when you click on avator that is good to know !!

Is the chinese translator worse than the CARIIS translator!!

LOL... I really do need a CARIIS translator sometimes
teehee2-smiley.gif

Chinese threads?! o_O

You should be able to see your TO points by clicking on your avatar... if you have any that is.
The chinese threads have gone now. I get the impression no one believed me. :-(

A bit like seeing aliens

Anyone else see them about 4 hours ago ? It sounds like Codger saw them too and sent a message.

Last edited:
The chinese threads have gone now. I get the impression no one believed me. :-(
Anyone else see them about 4 hours ago ? It sounds like Codger saw them too and sent a message.

just playin with ya

the meds usually take about......................................................

I hate to be a nag, but has anyone devised a way yet to hide/mute the Game forum? I usually don’t even log in any more because I have found that when I’m not logged in, I can just hit “Recent Posts” and see actual newsworthy threads. When I take the time to log in and click “New Posts” all of sudden there are Game posts everywhere. I have anxiety and OCD and for some reason this really bothers me. :confused: I feel myself starting to hyperventilate just thinking about it!

I really miss the mute function from the old site! I know I can "watch" threads here, but I still have to weed through all the game/off topics to even find threads worth watching. And that has to be done every time I log in if I want to stay current. So much easier and logical to mute what you don't want to see in the first place. :(

As a long-time lurker, not being logged in is inconvenient but it works for me (although when not logged in every single apostrophe and quotation mark show up as multiple numbers and characters like #%1$3# which is hard to read). Again, sorry to be such a pest! :oops:

I hate to be a nag, but has anyone devised a way yet to hide/mute the Game forum? I usually don’t even log in any more because I have found that when I’m not logged in, I can just hit “Recent Posts” and see actual newsworthy threads. When I take the time to log in and click “New Posts” all of sudden there are Game posts everywhere. I have anxiety and OCD and for some reason this really bothers me. :confused: I feel myself starting to hyperventilate just thinking about it!

I really miss the mute function from the old site! I know I can "watch" threads here, but I still have to weed through all the game/off topics to even find threads worth watching. And that has to be done every time I log in if I want to stay current. So much easier and logical to mute what you don't want to see in the first place. :(

As a long-time lurker, not being logged in is inconvenient but it works for me (although when not logged in every single apostrophe and quotation mark show up as multiple numbers and characters like #%1$3# which is hard to read). Again, sorry to be such a pest! :oops:
I haven't tested it myself but I did read a post someone made about this saying that if they put the poster who started the thread on ignore then the whole thread didn't show up anymore in their new posts. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jess81jess