Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
A quote button to quote text. For example if you want to quote an article. The old forum had a quote text button. I think every internet forum I have ever been on had a quote text button. The quote system now is totally inferior.

There is. Go to the symbol where you upload a video (it says "Insert...") and you can select quote. This will also give you other options such as "Spoiler" etc. Screenshot below:
Quote.png

There is. Go to the symbol where you upload a video (it says "Insert...") and you can select quote. This will also give you other options such as "Spoiler" etc. Screenshot below:
View attachment 135503
OK thanks. I never saw that. It's kind of well hidden, but it works. :) I guess I have to look more at the options.

First, my apologies. I was going to start the new thread today and discuss your needs but I fell asleep as I was sitting here thinking about how to start out the new thread. I will do my very best to get the new thread started later today. Yes, I feel asleep sitting up fingers on the keyboard. I was like one of those statues from Pompeii. It is bedtime for me.

tnhybrid, the answer to your question is the old software was extremely problematic for a majority of users. You didn't have a problem with the old format, I didn't have a problem with the old format and a number of our members did not have a problem. However, the old format did not work properly with most Apple products. In addition, many other non-apple users had issues too. Believe me, the LAST THING I wanted to do was change anything but the company that put out the software for the old format, vBulletin, in my opinion, fell apart as a company. They used to have great customer service but, again in my opinion, they really went downhill and we did not foresee any change in their operation, therefore, we decided to find a better format.

This format/software we use now is made by a company called Xen Foro. Almost everything is working well. Much better than the old format.

tnhybrid, if you want to email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com maybe I can help you. We can get on the phone and I'll try to see what I can do. Shockingly, tech support is not my, shall we say, strong point? LOL. But I will do my best to try and help

THE LIKE BUTTON

The "Like" button is not nearly as good as the "Thanks" button. While researching how to change this Dave found it would take many months of tedious work to replace the Like button. I know that sounds strange but it is true. It involves trying to find all the "Like's" and replacing it with "Thanks". Trouble is the word "Like" appears all over the place in the coding so you have to make sure you are replacing the correct "Like" button with a "Thanks". If you make a mistake you are very likely to create huge problems in the running of the forum. If I understand correctly.

Tomorrow I am going to go to tech support at Xen Foro and ask them "
WTH?" I'll say "We need a Thanks button and not a "Like" button. That won't be a problem RIGHT????"
After the support person hangs up on me I will continue my search. We can't be the only ones who do not want a "Like" button. I'll check and see maybe we can have a few more options like Facebook.

I can't thank you enough for your patience. Sometimes I get so overloaded I swear I feel like an android who can't function unless I get a reboot or something. I greatly appreciate all of you!

More to come...
Tricia

Tricia, you are hilarious. I often fall asleep at my laptop in the same position.

Thank you for taking our requests for a Thanks button so seriously. I didn't think it would be possible. Sounds like Dave is hot on the trail of a solution.

I hope you got some quality sleep!

OK Everyone,

I will start a new thread later on today. We'll tackle your concerns and more.
Please do not think we are ignoring you. Not at all. Dave is extremely busy with adjustments that need to finished @.
Thank you all for pitching in and helping others on this thread.
Back later :) Thank you for your patience!
Tricia
Thank you, Tricia!
a085.gif

Thank you, too, Dave!
b025.gif

a012.gif
Congrats on the new forum! It is lovely!
(P.S. Orange is my favorite color!)

Thank you, Tricia!
a085.gif

Thank you, too, Dave!
b025.gif

a012.gif
Congrats on the new forum! It is lovely!
(P.S. Orange is my favorite color!)

Orange is OK , but the lighter oranges are too hard on old eyes. if we keep orange, I'd personally like to see all the sections a few shades darker-orange. I saw in the Xenforo pages a deep burnt-orange that was really nice and not bright and annoying. personal opinion only, of course. It will be impossible to please everyone

Orange is OK , but the lighter oranges are too hard on old eyes. if we keep orange, I'd personally like to see all the sections a few shades darker-orange. I saw in the Xenforo pages a deep burnt-orange that was really nice and not bright and annoying. personal opinion only, of course. It will be impossible to please everyone

Interesting. I think everyone's devices must be filtering the colors differently. The orange I see on most of the forum is a soft peachy color, like orange sorbet. It's almost pinkish orange and not bright or annoying at all. There is a bar of more primary orange color with a burnt orange undertone on the very top under the black Websleuths header and another bar of primary color orange on the breadcrumbs bars at top and bottom. It's so little orange it doesn't bother me. Majority of my page is white with black and blue text. The only issue I have with the orange is that the peach text is so faint it's hard to see.

and a dash bigger ` I know for me in terms of like space I was blown away by some of the stuff the platform keeps in terms of space!!

a little bigger font apparently cant hurt it !!

A delete button which appears to be deleted (!) is just wild!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1