Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh forgot to ask earlier - "where" do I look to see who is following me....

TIA!
hi-there-smiley.gif

My "followers" have several members who are no longer around WS or others who have died. So exactly what does it mean to have followers? I thought it might be my "friends" from the former format, but that isn't it.

I went to look for Dr. Steven Pitt, didn’t see anything. Two points:

Is nothing current posted here on this yet?

Where would be the correct place on the forum to post this miscellaneous type question?

This is weird. The search function doesn't return results posted after 26th May, but if you try to start a new thread results show up in 'similar threads' (it updates while you're typing).

Screenshot_2018-06-04-00-12-24.png

So there's another thread for SP:

Az - Phoenix Steven Pitt Killed Outside Office

ETA: I'm not suggesting people search by using the 'post new thread' option, but there's obviously a problem.

Last edited:
This is weird. The search function doesn't return results posted after 26th May, but if you try to start a new thread results show up in 'similar threads (it updates while you're typing).

View attachment 135483

So there's another thread for SP:

Az - Phoenix Steven Pitt Killed Outside Office

ETA: I'm not suggesting people search by using the 'post new thread' option, but there's obviously a problem.
Yes, the search function isn't up to date, in the same way that one's most recent posts under "your content" don't show the last couple of days or more (not updated since 26th May to be precise, which is the same date you said LB).

Any way to get back the old emojis? Also really missing the quote button. How can I edit my signature, which now has a big smiley face in the middle of something I think is quite serious? I can't find a way to do it.

I hadn't known this redesign was coming and am quite disoriented by it. I'm sure someone has worked hard on it though so I'll try to keep my distress to myself. Thanks to those who make this place tick. <3

Last edited:
(There's no way to turn off this new format, eh? :( I find it confusing and disorienting. I figure there's a post somewhere explaining why this happened, but I can't even find that...)

First, my apologies. I was going to start the new thread today and discuss your needs but I fell asleep as I was sitting here thinking about how to start out the new thread. I will do my very best to get the new thread started later today. Yes, I feel asleep sitting up fingers on the keyboard. I was like one of those statues from Pompeii. It is bedtime for me.

tnhybrid, the answer to your question is the old software was extremely problematic for a majority of users. You didn't have a problem with the old format, I didn't have a problem with the old format and a number of our members did not have a problem. However, the old format did not work properly with most Apple products. In addition, many other non-apple users had issues too. Believe me, the LAST THING I wanted to do was change anything but the company that put out the software for the old format, vBulletin, in my opinion, fell apart as a company. They used to have great customer service but, again in my opinion, they really went downhill and we did not foresee any change in their operation, therefore, we decided to find a better format.

This format/software we use now is made by a company called Xen Foro. Almost everything is working well. Much better than the old format.

tnhybrid, if you want to email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com maybe I can help you. We can get on the phone and I'll try to see what I can do. Shockingly, tech support is not my, shall we say, strong point? LOL. But I will do my best to try and help

THE LIKE BUTTON

The "Like" button is not nearly as good as the "Thanks" button. While researching how to change this Dave found it would take many months of tedious work to replace the Like button. I know that sounds strange but it is true. It involves trying to find all the "Like's" and replacing it with "Thanks". Trouble is the word "Like" appears all over the place in the coding so you have to make sure you are replacing the correct "Like" button with a "Thanks". If you make a mistake you are very likely to create huge problems in the running of the forum. If I understand correctly.

Tomorrow I am going to go to tech support at Xen Foro and ask them "
WTH?" I'll say "We need a Thanks button and not a "Like" button. That won't be a problem RIGHT????"
After the support person hangs up on me I will continue my search. We can't be the only ones who do not want a "Like" button. I'll check and see maybe we can have a few more options like Facebook.

I can't thank you enough for your patience. Sometimes I get so overloaded I swear I feel like an android who can't function unless I get a reboot or something. I greatly appreciate all of you!

More to come...
Tricia

Any way to get back the old emojis? Also really missing the quote button. How can I edit my signature, which now has a big smiley face in the middle of something I think is quite serious? I can't find a way to do it.

I hadn't known this redesign was coming and am quite disoriented by it. I'm sure someone has worked hard on it though so I'll try to keep my distress to myself. Thanks to those who make this place tick. <3

Ok, first things first, there are no other smileys at this time however, @Coldpizza so kindly posted a link to Smileys here: smileys emoticons | Emoticoner.com You can just copy and paste them into your post on here. (I believe someone else posted the link first but I forget who, anyways, thanks both!)

Secondly, the quote button is still there, it is just called "Reply". Just click as many posts as you want to reply to and the quotes will be added to your comment box.

Lastly, if you go to the top of the page on Websleuths, you will see your name. It will say "tnhybrid Inbox Alerts". Click on "tnhybrid" and this will give you a few options, one of those being "Signature" (second one down, beneath preferences, I believe) you can edit this here :)

First, my apologies. I was going to start the new thread today and discuss your needs but I fell asleep as I was sitting here thinking about how to start out the new thread. I will do my very best to get the new thread started later today. Yes, I feel asleep sitting up fingers on the keyboard. I was like one of those statues from Pompeii. It is bedtime for me.

tnhybrid, the answer to your question is the old software was extremely problematic for a majority of users. You didn't have a problem with the old format, I didn't have a problem with the old format and a number of our members did not have a problem. However, the old format did not work properly with most Apple products. In addition, many other non-apple users had issues too. Believe me, the LAST THING I wanted to do was change anything but the company that put out the software for the old format, vBulletin, in my opinion, fell apart as a company. They used to have great customer service but, again in my opinion, they really went downhill and we did not foresee any change in their operation, therefore, we decided to find a better format.

This format/software we use now is made by a company called Xen Foro. Almost everything is working well. Much better than the old format.

tnhybrid, if you want to email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com maybe I can help you. We can get on the phone and I'll try to see what I can do. Shockingly, tech support is not my, shall we say, strong point? LOL. But I will do my best to try and help

THE LIKE BUTTON

The "Like" button is not nearly as good as the "Thanks" button. While researching how to change this Dave found it would take many months of tedious work to replace the Like button. I know that sounds strange but it is true. It involves trying to find all the "Like's" and replacing it with "Thanks". Trouble is the word "Like" appears all over the place in the coding so you have to make sure you are replacing the correct "Like" button with a "Thanks". If you make a mistake you are very likely to create huge problems in the running of the forum. If I understand correctly.

Tomorrow I am going to go to tech support at Xen Foro and ask them "
WTH?" I'll say "We need a Thanks button and not a "Like" button. That won't be a problem RIGHT????"
After the support person hangs up on me I will continue my search. We can't be the only ones who do not want a "Like" button. I'll check and see maybe we can have a few more options like Facebook.

I can't thank you enough for your patience. Sometimes I get so overloaded I swear I feel like an android who can't function unless I get a reboot or something. I greatly appreciate all of you!

More to come...
Tricia

LOL @Tricia Are you always this witty or has lack of sleep gotten to you?!
laugh3-smiley.gif

Re: Custom Title
Thank you, JerseyGirl and Tricia, for assistance with "custom title". I hadn't checked for a couple of days but noticed that there is now a special box for the Custom Title that wasn't there originally following the move. All's well that ends well :)

except for bumpy nights!!

Last edited:
Yeah, the lack of a quote button is pretty ridiculous. You can just type the quote tags like this [ QUOTE ][ /QUOTE ] (with no spaces in between). Then paste the quote in the middle. But that is more work then it should be.

There is a quote button. It is now called "Reply".

I do use the "Go to First Unread". I guess I miss it more when I enter a thread for the first time and haven't read anything yet. I'll just scroll to the end of the thread.

I loved the ability to have the latest post on any thread be where it starts when you go to any thread and then just go backwards its a heck of a lot less clicking all over on each thread to get rolling!!

@Tricia @WS Admin

Wrning: Gibberish (through no fault of my wn) is about to be posted below:

The ads re interfering with my blity to rite a pt without numerous missing characters. I'm leaving this post 'as-i' I order to illustrate wat I'm talking about.

I can write ypo-free comments everywhere ese on the internet (facebook, Messenger, emails, etc.) without a problem. But when I try t post a commen here, I have to spend an inordinate amount f timegoing back to crrect te missing characters andor spaces.

<modsnip>

ETA: I had to corre typos I the tags s that hopefuly Tricia andDave wll seethis post.

Dear Sorell

Pls stop typing like me TIA!

I have a bunch of alerts about new threads that were started and I don’t see an option for removing them from my alerts. I didn’t get a chance to check in most of yesterday, and when I did, I had 40 alerts. I don’t want to miss the important alerts, so I need to turn these off. I don’t see that option. What am I doing wrong?

I turned all of them off it is much better my dear~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member