Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is where I post this, but it has been on my mind for a long time. It would be really cool if they had a place to sign yourself up as a local for an area. Like a listing of the states (and countries, for that matter), and people could list themselves with a town or area, if they wanted. And if a thread comes up from say.... New Orleans!... people could message the locals to get them on the thread. Lots of times I don't see a Louisiana thread for a long time. Or lots of times, we will wish we had a local on a thread. I hope I explained that right lol

I'm not sure if this is where I post this, but it has been on my mind for a long time. It would be really cool if they had a place to sign yourself up as a local for an area. Like a listing of the states (and countries, for that matter), and people could list themselves with a town or area, if they wanted. And if a thread comes up from say.... New Orleans!... people could message the locals to get them on the thread. Lots of times I don't see a Louisiana thread for a long time. Or lots of times, we will wish we had a local on a thread. I hope I explained that right lol
I think I know what you mean.

Lets say that all members who say they live in Sacramento in their profile, like I do, can get an alert when a thread is started that has Sacramento as the location of the subject of the thread.

I just found that when I clicked on my user name my profile pops up with Sacramento CA as my location.

If you click on Sacramento, a Google map link comes up.

Cool.

I think I know what you mean.

Lets say that all members who say they live in Sacramento in their profile, like I do, can get an alert when a thread is started that has Sacramento as the location of the subject of the thread.

Kind of, but more like we can use it as a resource. So if there is a case out of Sacramento, I could go to ca, Sacramento and see if any members signed up as locals who are willing to be contacted. I could message you and ask if you would be willing to come on that thread to give insight . It woukd kind of be like the verified professional, only we would just sign ourselves up under our state/ city as a local.

Things I like :
The history button
The bolded blue thread names in the history to show which threads have been replied to since I last viewed them.

Things I just worked out:

If I turn my phone horizontally, more info and options show on the screen.

I like the Recent Activity button better than the Recent Post one because it gives you the first few sentences of the post and when clicked on it takes you directly to that post, where as Recent Post button only takes you to the page. But the RA button would be better if it didn't take multiple clicks to get to and it didn't include people "liking" posts. Basically what I would like to see is the Activity Stream icon and set up like the old site had.

For people who have Game Room post showing up in your Watched Threads! At one time or another you must have played the game as this is what I have done and what was showing in my feed. I clicked on that thread and in the upper right hand corner of that thread you can click un-watch thread and another box pops up for you to confirm. That should remove it from your feed. At least this is my experience.

I like the Recent Activity button better than the Recent Post one because it gives you the first few sentences of the post and when clicked on it takes you directly to that post, where as Recent Post button only takes you to the page. But the RA button would be better if it didn't take multiple clicks to get to and it didn't include people "liking" posts. Basically what I would like to see is the Activity Stream icon and set up like the old site had.
You have a recent activity button? I swear we all have different versions to make us think we're going a little bit crazy :D

It doesn't surprise me, I never could find the activity stream at the old house.

You have a recent activity button? I swear we all have different versions to make us think we're going a little bit crazy :D

It doesn't surprise me, I never could find the activity stream at the old house.

I’m using an IPad and don’t see a Recent Activity button either.

I do have a Recent Thread button when I scroll down on the right hand side of the screen. Not sure if that is the same as the Activity button. Still figuring things out. I do like this platform.

Things I like :
The history button
The bolded blue thread names in the history to show which threads have been replied to since I last viewed them.

Things I just worked out:

If I turn my phone horizontally, more info and options show on the screen.

Brilliant, thanks! The little things:)

Not sure how that would work, but that could be really helpful. Or even just a place we could post when family members are active on a thread and searching for help/support. There are some members here that know about national resources or have a gift for welcoming family of the missing and offering words of advice, but it is not often when a family member comes to post on a thread. Sometimes threads with few responses get buried too fast to be seen. For example, a family member just came to this thread for Lauralyn Palmer: CA - CA - Lauralyn Palmer, 71, Shasta County, 20 Apr 2018
Any California/Shasta County members able to help them out with more local resources or advice? TIA. ;)

Not sure if this has been posted yet but for those of you missing Smiley's here's a link:

smileys emoticons | Emoticoner.com | Page 12

Just click on the smiley you want then copy and paste the forum link.

When I have time I'll go around the forum and make it a sticky.

FYI ... credit should be given to YESorNO ... she shared this some time ago at another thread and we shared it over here when the forum switched. Thanks Yo/No!

I agree--having the likes in there is useless. @WS Admin , can the likes be removed from Recent Activity? Then it will be just like the old Activity Stream which was my second favorite way to look at WS after looking at my subscribed threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257