Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here with the blue dot, not working. Do you have ‘go to first unread’ visible on yours? Its not anywhere on mine.
The blue dot works for me but only if I have not viewed the last page of the thread. Often I click to the end to see if there are major updates. Then if I want to go back to where I left off the blue dot only takes me to the last page not the page I was last viewing. Basically, it seems to only remember the last page you viewed so it won't work if you view the last page first. JMO.

I've tried that, but it just takes me to the first post.

Just curious if you tried ‘request the desktop version’ on your phone settings? I did but it didnt change anything. Let me know if it does anything for you if you havent tried it yet.

I have a bunch of alerts about new threads that were started and I don’t see an option for removing them from my alerts. I didn’t get a chance to check in most of yesterday, and when I did, I had 40 alerts. I don’t want to miss the important alerts, so I need to turn these off. I don’t see that option. What am I doing wrong?
At the bottom of your Watched Forums list there should be a pulldown menu that will let you disable alerts, as well as other things.

I have a bunch of alerts about new threads that were started and I don’t see an option for removing them from my alerts. I didn’t get a chance to check in most of yesterday, and when I did, I had 40 alerts. I don’t want to miss the important alerts, so I need to turn these off. I don’t see that option. What am I doing wrong?

Go to your profile page, there you will see ALERTS and ALERT PREFERENCES. You will be able to tailor them and set the preferences.

It does that to me when I click on the timestamp instead of on the main link to the post. Here is a screenshot--you need to click the link near the green arrow--the link the red arrow is pointing to takes you to the bottom of the post.
Thanks, Gardenista. I never click the timestamp, so I don't think it's that.

I'm trying to figure out now whether the length of the thread has anything to do with it, though there doesn't seem to be any consistency to the error. Last night I clicked a new (to me) thread and wound up at the bottom of the last page.

OH, I just accidentally found something, that others were asking about yesterday. Upthread, people were saying they wished we could see members start dates.

I just stumbled upon how to do that. If you click on someone's avatar, it will appear bigger and isolated---and the joining date and other info appears.

I clicked on mine to see my picture enlarged, and all of that info suddenly appeared...

consoling-smiley.gif

test

Go to your profile page, there you will see ALERTS and ALERT PREFERENCES. You will be able to tailor them and set the preferences.
That did not include the alerts for watched forums. But I followed someone else’s instructions and did finally get rid of them.

Just curious if you tried ‘request the desktop version’ on your phone settings? I did but it didnt change anything. Let me know if it does anything for you if you havent tried it yet.
The software is designed to adjust to whatever you are using automatically. If this is not working on your phone properly please let me know via Conversation, aka, private message, or email at triciaistruecrimeradio@gmail.com

@Tricia Did you find anymore out about why we can delete posts in the basement but not up here? Thank you!!

Reactions: DRT
Hey I just did my first multi quote post using a tip on this forum. It worked.

I do find the forum is a little slow jumping between posts and threads and even jumping down to the reply box.

Also when replying with quote, when I type in my text, the program jumps up into the quote and overtypes the quote - if you don't notice straightaway, the quote gets real messed up. So now I jump up above the quote to reply. It is an annoying little glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper