Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bat-smiley.gif

ETA: Ha! Literally cut and paste, then. I was looking for code etc.

Search for Newly created threads is still not working. For example, today I created this thread:
PA - Pa - Mary Rose Mikulak, 90's, Luzerne County, 2011

A search of the entire board (everything) for Mary Mikulak does not bring up my new thread.
I think it's the whole search facility. Searching for 'The ' ordered by most recent and the first result is from Saturday 12.39pm (GMT).

I think this is probably the same time as user posts stopped updating, as mentioned above.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-31-22-29-30.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-31-22-29-30.png
    264.5 KB · Views: 5
Before my hour runs out - How does one edit the title of a new thread? I started my first thread on the new site and must have not hit "cap" for Detroit in my title in News That Makes You Smile. I've easily edited posts but can't figure out how to edit title of new thread. Help!

Just an FYI for people who are (like me) still trying ways to filter out the games posts and possibly other unwanted posts from the 'new posts' feed - if you put the person who started the thread on 'ignore', they won't show up anymore. I've found this works well for most of the games threads, and since most thread-starters have either long since left WS or don't usually post on any regular threads I'm really not missing much of anything else. A few threads were started by people I don't want to put on ignore, so I'll deal with those, but it's weeded a lot of them out quite nicely.

I have a bunch of alerts about new threads that were started and I don’t see an option for removing them from my alerts. I didn’t get a chance to check in most of yesterday, and when I did, I had 40 alerts. I don’t want to miss the important alerts, so I need to turn these off. I don’t see that option. What am I doing wrong?

Funny bc I’m having the exact opposite problem. I don’t get alerted on most of the threads I’m “watching”. I noticed that I tend to get alerts on the threads I’ve commented on since the platform change, but if I just follow a new thread without commenting, I won’t get notifications.

The FB and other ad related junk stuff at the bottom of the page randomly just reappeared. Anyone else know what I mean?

Before my hour runs out - How does one edit the title of a new thread? I started my first thread on the new site and must have not hit "cap" for Detroit in my title in News That Makes You Smile. I've easily edited posts but can't figure out how to edit title of new thread. Help!

Hi Bette, love the new Avatar photo! I want to know the answer to your question too-- I have yet to figure out how to edit the title of new thread. And the thread titles are still showing the state abbreviations for new threads with the second letter in lower case, no matter how you type it. For Example, Mi instead of MI. I can put "MI" until the cows come home and the forum auto edits to "Mi" when I post the thread. So the lowercase in your title might not be your typo at all.

Funny bc I’m having the exact opposite problem. I don’t get alerted on most of the threads I’m “watching”. I noticed that I tend to get alerts on the threads I’ve commented on since the platform change, but if I just follow a new thread without commenting, I won’t get notifications.
I wasn't getting alerts on threads I'm watching, but on new threads created in forums I'm watching.

As always, I don't know how any of this works, though!

Same here;)

Hi Bette, love the new Avatar photo! I want to know the answer to your question too-- I have yet to figure out how to edit the title of new thread. And the thread titles are still showing the state abbreviations for new threads with the second letter in lower case, no matter how you type it. For Example, Mi instead of MI. I can put "MI" until the cows come home and the forum auto edits to "Mi" when I post the thread. So the lowercase in your title might not be your typo at all.
Unfortunately, lower case is also applied when a letter is followed by an asterisk or hyphen, like Miller-jones or *silver Alert*. Single words typed in lower case are changed to upper case, like Charged With.

Unfortunately, lower case is also applied when a letter is followed by an asterisk or hyphen, like Miller-jones or *silver Alert*. Single words typed in lower case are changed to upper case, like Charged With.
Yes, noticed this immediately. Longtime watcher and never noticed this until nice new site here, which is so good otherwise. But the thread title problem(s) detract from the overall spiffy look, and distract sleuthers when they try reading. No doubt it will be fixed though! All problems should be this easy, basic fixable stuff.

Hi Bette, love the new Avatar photo!...

<snipped> Thank you, Gardener. Websleuths forum is new, so I thought it was time for a new avatar and custom title. As much as I liked the Bette Davis stamp photo, my new avatar really captures the essence of those Bette Davis Eyes, and the line from the Kim Carnes' classic complements it perfectly: All the boys thinks she's a spy... :)

Oh I am having some problems with "conversations" (pm's of old) whereby I type it up then there is no 'send' or 'post conversation' button. It just seems to stay in draft mode. I can reply to convos but can't initiate.

Also, when replying to threads, the reply box often jumps about and often the text jumps up into the quoted text, overwriting it and messing it up - with no way to cancel. Even when not quoting I am finding that reply box a slippery small window to type into. The keyboard covers the bottom half of the screen and the icons another quarter of the screen leaving a small viewable text area when replying. I am persevering but am not finding it easy.

[QUOTEdon't like it. This is an example of the messed up reply I was just talking about.ooddeeds, post: 14134514, member: 207918"]The FB and other ad related junk stuff at the bottom of the page randomly just reappeared. Anyone else know what I mean?[/QUOTE]
Yes I don

I agree Gooddeeds - we don't need facebook and all the birthday avatars (which are mainly blank anyway) and 'whose on line' always on the bottom of the screen. I often have to scroll up and thru that to find the reply box.

I agree Gooddeeds - we don't need facebook and all the birthday avatars (which are mainly blank anyway) and 'whose on line' always on the bottom of the screen. I often have to scroll up and thru that to find the reply box.

Mine is gone again. I didn’t do anything but I’m glad it’s out of the way. It’s a visual ergonomic thing if that makes any sense. Like you have to eyeball it to get to the Reply spot, versus it being off to the side.

But it does seem like I have less hoops to jump...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257