Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the top of your page @lonetraveler @Gooddeeds where the page numbers are listed. It won't take you to the newest post but it will take you to your first unread post.
See below where it shows "40" as being the last page and then it says, "Go to First Unread". That is as close as you will get to latest post I believe
View attachment 135094
I do use the "Go to First Unread". I guess I miss it more when I enter a thread for the first time and haven't read anything yet. I'll just scroll to the end of the thread.

Here is what I see. Here and in the Jury Room.

Hmmmm ... right now, I don't see anything below my post I iust made to EDIT, DELETE, or REPORT. Did they disappear here? They are still at other threads I just was at.

ETA: And now, there is EDIT, REPORT, but still no Delete. Are they coming and going?

I am so happy that this new forum takes us to the exact spot we were in the last time we were reading a thread! I gladly deleted all my bookmarks I had saved for all the threads I was following. There will also not be any "marking my spot" posts anymore either!

I also love that long quotes are put into a smaller box!! This will greatly reduce scrolling.

Is this on desktop or mobile? It's not taking me to first unread and it's driving me batty! I hate having to try to find where I left off. Anyone have any tips for me?

This is going to take a bit longer than I thought. Sorry, I am having trouble with my made up user name. Leave it to me to mess up something so darn simple. I'll be back with more info on the "Delete" issue as soon as I can.

Is this on desktop or mobile? It's not taking me to first unread and it's driving me batty! I hate having to try to find where I left off. Anyone have any tips for me?

I am on a laptop. If you go to your Watched Threads - each thread will have a little blue button to the left of the title- if you click this, it will take you to the newest post since the last time you read the thread oon this new forum.

I'm getting to "First Unread" reliably; my problem occurs when I click on a new thread. For some reason when the page loads I'm all the way at the bottom, and have to go to the top to read. Not every time, mind you, but at least 50% of the time.

I am on a laptop. If you go to your Watched Threads - each thread will have a little blue button to the left of the title- if you click this, it will take you to the newest post since the last time you read the thread oon this new forum.

Thank you so much, Jink. I had no idea about a blue button and if I saw it (tiny on my tablet) lol what it would do. This thread sure does aid in the learning process.

Same here! I dont have a ‘first unread’ option at all. When I go to the last page of the thread it is a maze.

OTHER QUESTIONS FOR TRICIA:

1) A big one-I am having to enter my name and password after Ive already done it and have checked ‘stay logged in’. This isnt something I ever had to do previously. I tried multiple browsers, accepted cookies, released tracking...not working.

2) Is ‘Full Site’ still an option? Previously there were 2 different viewing options. I dont see that and im wondering if that is on the site but mine is missing, like the ‘first unread’?

TIA

I do use the "Go to First Unread". I guess I miss it more when I enter a thread for the first time and haven't read anything yet. I'll just scroll to the end of the thread.

Lonetraveler, where is your ‘first unread’ located? I dont have it at all, not near the page numbers, top, etc. TIA

@Tricia @WS Admin

Wrning: Gibberish (through no fault of my wn) is about to be posted below:

The ads re interfering with my blity to rite a pt without numerous missing characters. I'm leaving this post 'as-i' I order to illustrate wat I'm talking about.

I can write ypo-free comments everywhere ese on the internet (facebook, Messenger, emails, etc.) without a problem. But when I try t post a commen here, I have to spend an inordinate amount f timegoing back to crrect te missing characters andor spaces.

<modsnip>

ETA: I had to corre typos I the tags s that hopefuly Tricia andDave wll seethis post.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone knows how to make a video on the bells and whistles that might be helpful!!

My brain has never worked the way people who do computers does !

It is a right brain / left brain kinda thing!

On old platform you could make all threads open last post first == is there a way to make that a setting here

Sorry CARIIS, if I would have seen this sooner than just now I would have replied. This is making my head spin. All for the new & better stuff but not if it compromises the ease of participating.

From what I can ‘see’ the ‘ Welcome to Websleuths’ thread is where questions are being discussed. BTW-your above question is one of mine too, haven’t the answer yet.

I'm getting to "First Unread" reliably; my problem occurs when I click on a new thread. For some reason when the page loads I'm all the way at the bottom, and have to go to the top to read. Not every time, mind you, but at least 50% of the time.

It does that to me when I click on the timestamp instead of on the main link to the post. Here is a screenshot--you need to click the link near the green arrow--the link the red arrow is pointing to takes you to the bottom of the post.

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 1.06.23 AM.png

Just echoing what others have said about having the posters location more visible, it's a pain having to go into profiles.

Also, I'm struggling to find/read the date of posting. Could that be made bigger or, even better, at the top of the message?

Otherwise, all great!

Here's how threads appear on mobile. No button or link to go to first unread. There is the time a person last posted, but that just takes me to the last post, not my last unread.

So if I want to check in on the Tialeigh thread, which has been fast moving lately, I have to do a ton of scrolling back to catch up. Whereas on Tapatalk, it remembered where I left off in a thread and took me there.

ETA: testing the edit function. I read exclusively on mobile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180531-065905.png
    Screenshot_20180531-065905.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors