Were things out of control for TH? Did she "snap"?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For reference, this is from July 1, where Kaine, Desiree & Tony, got together and wrote answers to some questions the media had been asking.

7).What plans do you have for Kyron when he comes home?

Aside from the fact that he is never leaving the house again, vacation, camping, fishing and all of the things that he loves to do. We are going to focus on spending everyday making sure that he is happy, just as we have done before this happened.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_family_plans_reg.html

In the above statement, I'm not hearing ANYONE in this family say they saw any problems with Kyron being mistreated by Terri. I'm taking from this joint statement, that the three parents above, saw nothing wrong with Kyron's environment and that he was a happy kid and when he returns it will be just as before.

In fact, the only one, prior to the divorce proceedings, that I've heard say Kyron had any possible problems, was, Terri Horman, who said he'd been gazing off and stopping and staring, for which she said she made a doctor's appointment to have him checked out.

These answers were given two days after Kaine Horman filed for divorce. I have to wonder why something about what had been going on with Terri's routine drunkeness and neglect for the children in her care was not mentioned right there and how unhappy Kyron had been, but they would all make sure he'd never be unhappy again. THAT'S not what they said, they implied he was happy before he disappeared.

I would also like to know why Kaine allowed Terri who could not control her drinking, to drive Kyron to Eugene every two weeks and I would like to know why Desiree, not only allowed her son Kyron to be transported there by Terri, but depended on Terri to pick up her other son also. Either Kaine was not on the up and up with Desiree, or his divorce papers are highly exaggerated. JMHO

I'd like to know if the detectives were told everything from the beginning or if there was some reason for all the inconsistent statements going out to the public in interviews. I suppose that liquor store employees, financial statements, and the reports of depleted booze at friends' homes could have alerted Kaine to more of a problem than he realized, but he flat out said that the drinking was under control after the dui and now says that she was stumbling drunk by 8 at night and insinuated that she eventually passed out regularly.

I don't think it strange that one's first instinct is to "protect" a family member in times of trouble. How many of us, called to school over a problem with our child..will decide to reveal even more stuff...private family issues that put our child in an even poorer light? Do we pile on...or protect?

Don't we often feel protective of our own? In the beginning, Kaine knew Terri was very distraught over anything in the media or on the blogs insinuating her guilt. Should he have thrown her under the bus right then...when he believed her? Should he have revealed all the dirty family secrets about her drinking..their problems?

Not when he believed that she was NOT involved in Kyron's disappearance!

So he covered for her..as those who love alcoholics so often do. It is hard, after all, to make that leap..to look at a woman you sleep with every night and picture her snuffing out the life of your child. Takes a while to process..to get your mind around.

Then LE revealed what they knew to him. Kaine had to face the truth...and he stopped being part of Terri's great scam...her Facebook Perfect Mother/Perfect Wife Dream scenario...that she so desperately wanted the world to accept...while she was plotting murder, sexting, and God knows what else! She is anything BUT the persona she tried to scam herself to be!

Terri knows there is plenty out there that can give truth to her lies..so she had to tell her lawyers to scurry away.

And so they did.

IMO, of course.

Kaine and Desiree said that they got together with LE and other friends and began to piece together and uncover information AFTER Kyron went missing. I am of the opinion that the drinking was one of the things that was uncovered.

Kaine indicated that Terri was on PPD meds and I could definitely see her using that as an excuse for her stumbling or passing out. JMO

I'd have to look back at Kaine's exact wording, but don't believe he said that Terri was diagnosed with PPD, just that the doctor warned to be on the outlook for it after birth. Many doctors and nurses may tell patients and families to be aware. Kaine did think she got worse the few months before Kyron went missing and said he didn't know what medication she might be taking. If I remember correctly, he didn't say that she was really even taking anything or telling him that she was.

I'd have to look back at Kaine's exact wording, but don't believe he said that Terri was diagnosed with PPD, just that the doctor warned to be on the outlook for it after birth. Many doctors and nurses may tell patients and families to be aware. Kaine did think she got worse the few months before Kyron went missing and said he didn't know what medication she might be taking. If I remember correctly, he didn't say that she was really even taking anything or telling him that she was.

I'd have to look back again re the dx, but I think you're right about meds. I thought that, when asked, KH said he wasn't sure whether she was on meds or not.

eta: nope, I'm wrong. He said:

"She went through some pretty bad post-partum as a result of the pregnancy. She was on medication from the doctor," said Kaine Horman, who gave a series of brief interviews this evening, mainly to national news outlets.

Horman said he's not sure what type of medication his wife was on or when she stopped taking it.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/08/kaine-horman-kyrons-stepmom-suffered-post-partum-depression/

So he confirmed bad ppd and meds, he just wasn't sure what the meds were

Kaine's story regarding Terri's post-partum depression has changed over time. I'm pretty sure this is his first story about it, from July 8.

“She went through some pretty bad post-partum as a result of the pregnancy. She was on medication from the doctor,” said Kaine Horman

snip

He told WW the illness came on after the birth of their daughter Kiara 19 months ago and lasted well over a year.

“As far as I’m concerned, probably up until a month or two before Kyron was gone — and then she could have been hiding it at that point,” Kaine Horman said.

He said the illness manifested in rapid mood swings.

“It wasn’t anything that was overly violent in nature,” Horman said. “It was just really erratic types of swings, from being very emotional to suddenly being very frustrated.”

Horman said he’s not sure what type of medication his wife was on or when she stopped taking it.

“I was just supposed to watch her closely for a six-month period, which I did do,” he said. “And after the six months, things seemed to be OK.”

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/08/kaine-horman-kyrons-stepmom-suffered-post-partum-depression/

I know he had a different version of the story in the 25 minute audio interview in the Oregonian, and in that one he said it wasn't a diagnosed PPD. You can find the link to that interview in the All parent/stepparent interview thread in the Reference Forum.

He's also talked about it in several more interviews, but it's not coming to me at the moment which specific interviews. If I remember, I'll post the links.

"She went through some post-partum depression after the birth and her emotional state was more erratic," Horman said.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/kyron-hormans-father-chance-wife-innocent/story?id=11124144

“She went through some pretty bad post-partum as a result of the pregnancy. She was on medication from the doctor,” said Kaine Horman, who gave a series of brief interviews this evening, mainly to national news outlets.

The above article goes on to talk about how she was supposed to be on for about 6 months, but that he didn't know when she stopped taking it. It also says that things seemed to be getting better after those 6 months. In another article, Kaine says that he doesn't know if it was post-partum or not(seems like during that time, he and LE were piecing together info from friends, accounts, etc.). This is just my conjecture from the statements made and the *new* information we found out in the affidavit.

lol, I'm late to the party...thanks germaine and BeanE.

"She went through some post-partum depression after the birth and her emotional state was more erratic," Horman said.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/kyron-hormans-father-chance-wife-innocent/story?id=11124144

“She went through some pretty bad post-partum as a result of the pregnancy. She was on medication from the doctor,” said Kaine Horman, who gave a series of brief interviews this evening, mainly to national news outlets.

The above article goes on to talk about how she was supposed to be on for about 6 months, but that he didn't know when she stopped taking it. It also says that things seemed to be getting better after those 6 months. In another article, Kaine says that he doesn't know if it was post-partum or not(seems like during that time, he and LE were piecing together info from friends, accounts, etc.). This is just my conjecture from the statements made and the *new* information we found out in the affidavit.

yes, my bad trt. I just edited my post :blushing:

July 8

Also July 8

“It wasn’t anything that was overly violent in nature,” Horman said. “It was just really erratic types of swings, from being very emotional to suddenly being very frustrated.”

Horman said he’s not sure what type of medication his wife was on or when she stopped taking it.

“I was just supposed to watch her closely for a six-month period, which I did do,” he said. “And after the six months, things seemed to be OK.”

(Baby K was born November 2008, so it appears Kaine thought everything was a-ok and had resumed back to normal by May 2009)

July 16
KATU: Was Terri bi-polar, either diagnosed or not? Was she on medication at any point for mental health issues?

Kaine: Not that I am aware of but that would be between Terri and her Doctor.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98654424.html

I just don't know what or whom to believe in this case. :(

July 8

Also July 8

(Baby K was born November 2008, so it appears Kaine thought everything was a-ok and had resumed back to normal by May 2009)

July 16
KATU: Was Terri bi-polar, either diagnosed or not? Was she on medication at any point for mental health issues?

Kaine: Not that I am aware of but that would be between Terri and her Doctor.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98654424.html

I just don't know what or whom to believe in this case. :(

Well, it would certainly help if a certain silent person would talk and tell their side of the story, wouldn't it? But oh wait, she refuses to defend herself in any way.

And Kaine is a man. Men are not good with details when it comes to emotional things or medical things. He probably is good with technical details or computer details, but I doubt he'd remember well anything medical about his wife or kids. I know my husband is that way. My grandmother-in-law just had a bad stroke. Now my husband couldn't tell you what medication she was given to help with the stroke, what tests were done on her, or what was going on with her each day at the hospital. I had to ask his mother or his aunt for those kind of details (she's okay, btw. The medicine saved her and you'd never know she had a stroke). But he looked up details on the stroke scale the hospital used and can tell you all about that.

I have the feeling Kaine is the same way. If Terri seemed okay, then he figured she was okay. If she was taking meds, then she was taking meds and he didn't bother to learn what they were. He left that stuff to her. And who knows how much she kept from him as well. I don't blame him for not knowing every little detail about Terri and how she was. He probably thought it was women problems and didn't want to get involved, and most men are the same way. Women problems are for women to solve - I haven't known one man yet that doesn't have this attitude.

Besides, if there were problems, he can't force Terri to solve them. She has to want to change. She has to want to improve her life. Kaine can't force her to do anything to help herself if she doesn't want help. And I doubt she'd take any help he offered anyway. She just let it build and build and build until she couldn't take anymore and Kyron paid the price. There's absolutely NOTHING Kaine could have done to change it or prevent it from happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonHutson
Back