WHAT A DISGRACE TO THE WHOLE WORLD! (Karr case thrown out)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:crazy:
angelwngs said:
Awee...Thanks, Kazz... How's my Aussie Friend???

At least one good thing came out of my wasted research time here..........

I met you! :angel:
Aw, Anglwngs.i am a little shellshocked at the moment. i am not surprised that this has all gone *advertiser censored* up but surprised at how it was all handled.Then I read that this sad sack will sue. Oh, my what a crazy world it is.
But all is well in my part of the world .:crazy:

>His family is considering suing for false arrest/imprisonment as per fox news.<<

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! For what? He confessed to a heinious crime and he was arrested. He's been yelping that he did this for years. No one hung him by the fingernails till he confessed. So is LE supposed to ignore people now when they confess to a crime for fear of being sued?

Is this the same family that was looking to sell his story for movie and book rights a few days ago? Already had the money spent huh? Now they want to sue? Good grief. I can see that mental illness runs in this family. What a despicable bunch of creeps.

There are other names I'd like to add to the list of "whacked media experts." Forensic psychologist Dr. Keith Albow, for promoting his upcoming TV show, on Larry King and Good Morning America, with excerpts of his exclusive interviews with Karr's family. His show doesn't air till Sept. 15. Who will care by then?

kehwen said:
There are other names I'd like to add to the list of "whacked media experts." Forensic psychologist Dr. Keith Albow, for promoting his upcoming TV show, on Larry King and Good Morning America, with excerpts of his exclusive interviews with Karr's family. His show doesn't air till Sept. 15. Who will care by then?
I think the Karr bandwagon will go on for awhile yet. I fear the media bandwagon will stick with Karr for a while longer and then just dump him.

Sherlockmom said:
I don't fault the DA for bringing him here and getting an answer about him once and for all.

This guy carried out this fantasy for years and seems to be a genuine pediophile. What was she supposed to do? Ignore it?

Perhaps LE had their doubts too as well as alot of us did but you have to follow through on these types of things. The media IMO is the one that blew this whole thing out of proportion and turned it into a circus. If I had been the DA I would have downplayed his arrest but that is the only thing I can fault them for.

They brought him back and can finally eliminate him. Maybe they can get him off the streets at least for awhile.

One point that has me curious is that they insisted that Karr knew details not known to the public. I read the paperwork today and did not see anything new there except this:

Karr said that he drank JB blood after causing her to bleed vaginally. They compared his DNA to the DNA found on the underpants. I believe that DNA was a mixture of JB's blood and another unknown DNA. Could that DNA have been from saliva and this is the information that was not known and that caused them to suspect Karr knew details of this murder? Just a thought.

If Karr wasn't the actual murder perhaps they were also interested in how he obtained this information. The answers to that could lead them to the real perpetrator.

Karr won't stay in the US> He is too well known now to carry out his fantasies with little girls. LE will most likely be on his heels and no school is going to hire him. I believe that is why he left the US in the first place. As soon as he is free he'll be on the first plane out of here to find some third world hell hole where he can molest little girls without fear of being prosecuted.

I do wonder though. Isn't is unusual for a transexual to also be a child molestor?

Exactly. If Lacey hadn't gone after him, she'd be criticized for not trying to find JBR's killer. Instead of the "Most Expensive DNA test in CO history", people would be saying "It's just a few grand for round trip tickets for a couple detectives".

The only critique of Lacey that I think would be fair is that maybe there wasn't all that much to go on via Mike Tracey's emails. We'll know more about that when we see the warrant. It might have been little more than a fishing expedition. But if she had any solid reason to think Karr was the killer, then imo she did the right thing.

Chrishope said:
Exactly. If Lacey hadn't gone after him, she'd be criticized for not trying to find JBR's killer. Instead of the "Most Expensive DNA test in CO history", people would be saying "It's just a few grand for round trip tickets for a couple detectives".

The only critique of Lacey that I think would be fair is that maybe there wasn't all that much to go on via Mike Tracey's emails. We'll know more about that when we see the warrant. It might have been little more than a fishing expedition. But if she had any solid reason to think Karr was the killer, then imo she did the right thing.
I do not fault her. i think she had a moral obligation to check this guy out. I don't think there was any other way to do it without tipping him off. If this had been any other case, they could have done the same thing and no one would have been the wiser. It's the media feeding the public frenzy that threw this thing so far out of control and over the top.
I don't think there was a way to pull this guy in quietly. After reading those emails, this has nothing to do with Mike Tracey. How could he NOT turn this info over?
The emails contained enough information to thoroughly check this guy. It is the public and the media that are to blame here, IMO.

JBean said:
After reading those emails, this has nothing to do with Mike Tracey. How could he NOT turn this info over?
The emails contained enough information to thoroughly check this guy.

Do you not wonder why MT didn't turn him in say 3 1/2 - 4 years ago? Oh and by the way, I read that MT didn't turn the emails over to law enforcement, he forwarded them to the Rs private investigators who then turned them over to LE. If that's true would you wonder why? I do. I think it has less to do with Justice for JonBenet than it does with ego and self promotion, on MT's part. I think he thought he was going to solve this case all by himself, and then boy oh boy what a book he could write and documentary he could film then, he'd be famous! He isn't all that much different than JMK.

Do you not wonder why MT didn't turn him in say 3 1/2 - 4 years ago? Oh and by the way, I read that MT didn't turn the emails over to law enforcement, he forwarded them to the Rs private investigators who then turned them over to LE. If that's true would you wonder why? I do. I think it has less to do with Justice for JonBenet than it does with ego and self promotion, on MT's part. I think he thought he was going to solve this case all by himself, and then boy oh boy what a book he could write and documentary he could film then, he'd be famous! He isn't all that much different than JMK.

Sure a real "Dick Tracey"

JBean said:
I do not fault her. i think she had a moral obligation to check this guy out. I don't think there was any other way to do it without tipping him off. If this had been any other case, they could have done the same thing and no one would have been the wiser. It's the media feeding the public frenzy that threw this thing so far out of control and over the top.
I don't think there was a way to pull this guy in quietly. After reading those emails, this has nothing to do with Mike Tracey. How could he NOT turn this info over?
The emails contained enough information to thoroughly check this guy. It is the public and the media that are to blame here, IMO.
I agree too-its the media, not the DA that made this a circus.
It would have been lame not to look into this as a possible murderer of JBR.
I think Lacy is the target for everyone's frustration and anger that the case is unsolved..it seems there is nowhere else to direct it.

JBean said:
I completely agree with you, JBean and asked (as I did in different thread)

Doesn’t everyone feel better knowing that there is one least sicko perverted being exposed, making it more difficult for him to prey on children . . . no matter where they live?
waitasec.gif

FWIW, according to her, their office has investigated approx. 200 suspects without media intervention/scrutiny and would have preferred to keep the dealings with Karr the same way. Had one cable from the Justice Department to (I believe) ICE not been read/intercepted (by, gawd only knows, who?),I believe the Karr Fiasco would not have occurred.

I am of the opinion that Karr is a demented psycho, who will, more likely than not, find a way to live out his fantasies, if not kept in check.

:twocents:

I do not fault her. i think she had a moral obligation to check this guy out.
Like they are actually all over the freaks in Boulder. How can they be keeping a close eye on those freaks in their own backyard that have actually molested children when they are emailing and chatting about those emails day in and day out?

They were all obsessed with guy, just admit it everyone.

Being from Colorado, I personally am embarrassed by the actions of the DA and I doubt she will be re elected. just:twocents:

A disgrace might be refreshing... This was a soul-destroying, humiliating fiasco...

Shoe Horn for DA... Well, the job should be coming up real soon...

As I indicated on another thread, the DA's office couldn't beat a one-legged man in an *advertiser censored* kicking contest.

Not even if he'd been doped up with polygraph valium... ooops... there I go again...

"Doesn’t everyone feel better knowing that there is one least sicko perverted being exposed, making it more difficult for him to prey on children . . . no matter where they live?"

What would have been wrong with leaving the sicko pervert in Thailand to go ahead with his planned castration?

As it is, Karr will probably serve less than a year of actual time and be back on the streets with stronger cravings than ever.

JMK just got done convincing the state of Colorado that he had been with JonBenet when she died. Even though there were discreprencies between his description of what happened and the facts of the case, the DA and her forensic pathologist bought his words, citing the JMK's inflection as being appropriate and remorseful.

How hard would it be for him to change his appearance again and to steal a new identity?

I am very happy for Karr's former wife and his three boys. But this was yet another abysmal chapter in JonBenet's case.

I feel deeply for his three sons. I pray that their mother encourages them to choose to change their names and move to gain some privacy and sever the life altering connection with their father's name that he made for himself.

angelwings--Amen to that--they have to be the most embarassed kids in the whole country right now

shoe_horn said:
Maybe JR will buy his house back and run?
Oh, I don't know how many votes he'd get! Aren't there people there who still think he's responsible for her death?
:D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back