What are you sick of hearing since the verdict has been announced regarding Casey?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's fine to disagree with the verdict, and it's fine to be angry about it, but I really wish people would stop with the ugly names. They are not lazy, stupid, or ignorant, IMO. I wish the few who have not spoken out would just keep their silence, nothing they say is going to be believed anyway, they can't explain how they got to that decision without some disputing it so they may as well stay away from the mics and cameras.
Poor people... they put their lives on hold for 6 weeks or more and listened to the testimony and evidence almost every day, and now they get death threats and ugly names thrown at them and the media hounds them at every turn. They're being treated like criminals and they did not commit a crime. It is not a crime to have a different opinion than others.
I didn't believe George either. And I have always thought it was an accident that she tried to cover up. I'm on the fence about him dumping the body, but I don't believe he told the truth, either. So some of what they are saying, I agree with.
But I think I would have convicted her if I had been on the jury because she didn't tell anyone for 31 days and made up the kidnapping story. I don't get where they could let her off, BUT I am not going to hate these jurors. That is JMO.

I am sick of HLN showing KC's first court appearance post verdict. The part where KC has her hand on her chin and gestures to JB with her finger. They have showed that part over and over today. I finally had to switch the channel. She is always making some kind of weird movement with her hands. Can't stand it !!

So can we surmise that you hate Casey Anthony??
Kidding... I don't like her much either, but the media seems to love her, they show her face 24/7. I've almost quit watching the news.
Even our local paper has carried articles about the verdict every day for the past week. We are a long way from FL, it confounds me!

What was the purpose of the duct tape and chloroform? Why did Casey act like she was the happiest person in the world on the day this happened? If it was just an accident that Casey reacted badly too, why would the defense make up a whole new scenario accusing George and Roy Kronk? Why did Casey google those weird death related things? Why if it was an accident did she give her parents hell in those videos by making them believe Caylee was alive and would be home? Oh yeah, when casey left the house with Caylee (confirmed by cell tower pings), how did she know caylee would be dead? remember, she told tony she would be with him, but told her mother caylee would be with the nanny. did she know caylee was going to die by "{accident"?

I am basing what I believe by considering that Casey Anthony was charged with premeditated murder and, if found guilty, would have been sentenced to death. The state's computer forensics were very suspect (the 84 searches for chloroform, that turned out to be untrue) were discussed on a seperate thread here) the duct tape was not on Caylee's little face and it was very likely to have been attached to the garbage bags. The chloroform testimony from the prosecution's expert was exaggerated and refuted by the defense (FBI) expert. I think you meant the jail visit tapes (video tapes?) and Casey lied about Caylee's kidnapping, that she believed Caylee was alive, all that. She lied because she did not ever want to admit that Caylee died in an accident and she threw her body away in both denial and abyssmal stupidity in which she probably thought everyone would believe that Caylee was kidnapped and look for her forever. I don't recall that she told her mother that Caylee was with the nanny, I thought she just took off and later put Cindy off with saying that. Her staying with Tony Lazarro was probably, also, a form of denial and finding some way (that no one can understand) to put Caylee's death forever out of her mind.

I still believe that all of those things point to a young woman with a lot of serious problems and that all of this was her way of trying to hide and forget the day Caylee died, in an accident.

This is only my opinion. Peace.

It's fine to disagree with the verdict, and it's fine to be angry about it, but I really wish people would stop with the ugly names. They are not lazy, stupid, or ignorant, IMO.

Ignorance is not an ugly name, it describes a lack of knowledge or comprehension. I think that applies to this jury very well. Also, did you notice after the jury went into deliberations that many of them left their notebooks on their chairs? That tells me they didn't take notes, maybe weren't paying enough attention to take notes. Maybe they weren't taking notes because they had already made up their minds. If I had spent 6 weeks of my life hearing evidence in a DP case I sure would have made sure I took some notes so I could uphold my opinion if it happened to differ from my fellow jurors. These people failed to give this case the attention it required and then claimed there wasn't enough evidence to convict. Some people might describe that lack of attention as being lazy. Stupid is also not an ugly name. It describes unreasoned thinking or actions. Again, that seems to fit this jury well, IMO. I think most of us here are adults so we know how to use words in their proper context rather than slinging them as insults like a child might. I don't believe in sugar coating my opinions. Just because it may make someone feel bad doesn't make it not true IMO. Thats part of the problem with this world these days as I see it, we no longer think it is appropriate to make people own their behaviour.

Accident?? How can one explain the computer searches for choloform, neck breacking, et. al. No way it was an accident. Do any of us here have those items saved (or deleted) on their PC. Don't think so. :banghead:

The was the evidence that during March Casey looked up chloroform because her boyfriend at that time, had a facebook or myspace page with the cartoon of a man and woman and the quote "win her over with chloroform" on it. The state had an expert who used a program to search the Anthony computer and, mistakenly, testified that she conducted 84 searches for chloroform. IIRC, the original program found one search for it. So I do not believe that she had all those violent searches at all, I think that they were those automatic things that come up when you type something in as possibilities of what you're searching for. And, yes, I bet that a lot of us have searches on our computers, saved or deleted, that are innocent but could look incriminating to someone who is convinced we did something wrong and is trying to prove it in anyway they can.

Peace.

Poor, Poor Cindy! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

(Makes me want to hurl.)

I am basing what I believe by considering that Casey Anthony was charged with premeditated murder and, if found guilty, would have been sentenced to death. The state's computer forensics were very suspect (the 84 searches for chloroform, that turned out to be untrue) were discussed on a seperate thread here) the duct tape was not on Caylee's little face and it was very likely to have been attached to the garbage bags. The chloroform testimony from the prosecution's expert was exaggerated and refuted by the defense (FBI) expert. I think you meant the jail visit tapes (video tapes?) and Casey lied about Caylee's kidnapping, that she believed Caylee was alive, all that. She lied because she did not ever want to admit that Caylee died in an accident and she threw her body away in both denial and abyssmal stupidity in which she probably thought everyone would believe that Caylee was kidnapped and look for her forever. I don't recall that she told her mother that Caylee was with the nanny, I thought she just took off and later put Cindy off with saying that. Her staying with Tony Lazarro was probably, also, a form of denial and finding some way (that no one can understand) to put Caylee's death forever out of her mind.

I still believe that all of those things point to a young woman with a lot of serious problems and that all of this was her way of trying to hide and forget the day Caylee died, in an accident.

I wouldn't have found her guilty of pre-meditated murder either. I don't think she intended to kill her child. I do think she chloroformed her to keep her quiet and out of the way while she had an evening with her boyfriend. I think she fully expected that little Caylee would just sleep while she had some fun. The law calls that aggravated child abuse. And since the child died during an act of aggravated child abuse it still qualified as felony murder. I also agree with you that the 31 days of lying was denial, although not for the same reasons as you. I think KC was in denial because she didn't want to own up to her actions. She knew there would be trouble and she wanted to put off that trouble as long as she could. Didn't she tell her mother that she only wanted one more day...?

You dont think that the fact that Jennifer Ford assumed that the SA thinks Casey took Caylee to a public place and chloroformed her is stupid, even though they had phone records proving she waited for her father to leave for work, then did what she always did: returned to her house with Caylee, and most likely killed her in the home?

You dont the fact that the foreman thinks Cindy made the chloroform searches is stupid, even when ALMOST A WHOLE DAY OF TESTIMONY showed she could not have possibly done it?

You can say that this is intelligent, rational thinking???

No, it's not intelligent or rational at all. Their statements also tell me that they checked out and weren't paying attention to the testimony.

I am sick of everything and anything about this case. Just when I think I can't feel any worse, something else comes out and it feels like someone is pouring salt on my wounds.
Today's salt: Not charging Cindy for perjury.

Ignorance is not an ugly name, it describes a lack of knowledge or comprehension. I think that applies to this jury very well. Also, did you notice after the jury went into deliberations that many of them left their notebooks on their chairs? That tells me they didn't take notes, maybe weren't paying enough attention to take notes. Maybe they weren't taking notes because they had already made up their minds. If I had spent 6 weeks of my life hearing evidence in a DP case I sure would have made sure I took some notes so I could uphold my opinion if it happened to differ from my fellow jurors. These people failed to give this case the attention it required and then claimed there wasn't enough evidence to convict. Some people might describe that lack of attention as being lazy. Stupid is also not an ugly name. It describes unreasoned thinking or actions. Again, that seems to fit this jury well, IMO. I think most of us here are adults so we know how to use words in their proper context rather than slinging them as insults like a child might. I don't believe in sugar coating my opinions. Just because it may make someone feel bad doesn't make it not true IMO. Thats part of the problem with this world these days as I see it, we no longer think it is appropriate to make people own their behaviour.

BUT...making fun of someone's physical appearance or insulting their profession or character just because they have a difference of opinion is ugly and sad.

Add to the list "round robin".................................I swore off the media HOWEVER I have always respected Greta (didnt' watch last night) but decided to watch tonight....don't disappoint me Greta or I'm done with you too!!!

Didn't get to really listen to what was said d/t son wanted to play Candyland! Will watch later HOWEVER I did hear Ms. Simm's is up next so turned the tv off....her display at the bar across the street after the verdict was repugnant! I will NEVER EVER give her the time of day or night!

Here is some comic relief for us all that are frustrated....

Warning, vulgar and profanity.....in my eyes HILARIOUS!!! Start at 5:48......it is worth watching!!!

http://youtu.be/-XoMVtqYdsA

I'm also sick of the character attacks on the innocent people who were dragged under the bus in this case- specifically Roy Kronk, who is Caylee's hero and Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez! I wish them well in their lives, too bad they can't see the big bucks that the real morally bankrupt players in this case will be cashing in on!!!:furious:

Wow, I don't know where to start.
The evidence does not show that the tape was stuck to a garbage bag.
IMO I think the prosecution and its witness' have shown that the tape was applied to Caylee's mouth. Also, there was another piece of tape that I think was used to restrain her arms and hands
There was a search to make chloroform. Why was it found in her car?

The entire time (31 days) that Casey was gone, she provided CA with places she went with Zanny the nanny and Julliete and other made up people. They were all together according to Casey.

On the 911 call Cindy cries that "Zanny took her"

There is not one ounce of proof she died in an accident, nor did the defense have any.

I'm sorry you feel that KC being charged with 1st degree murder and found guilty would mean a automatic death penalty.That was never the case.I hope the jury was not mistaken as you are.

What am I sick of hearing since the verdict?

Everything and anything, I guess because I've just been plain "sick" about the whole thing. Every few days, I peak in here and read the subjects of the new threads but I can't make myself actually read the threads themselves. Any time any news of the case comes on, I just change the channel. I can't make myself talk about it and I walk away when others do.

I guess I just can't see the point any more. Nothing is going to change the fact that she got away with it - NOTHING. And I'm just sick about it. Honestly, I never thought that this would affect me the way it has - well, I never really thought she'd be found not guilty either, so I guess I never thought about HOW it would affect me.

Like many here, I'd followed this case since the beginning. At first, holding out hope that Caylee would be found alive somewhere - that maybe she'd been sold or given away or something and that's why it wasn't reported. When everything came out about the smell in the car and the cadavar dogs and it became clear that Caylee was dead, I followed because I wanted to know what happened to this precious little girl. When it became clear that those answers weren't coming, I continued to follow to see the one responsible for her death brought to justice.

When the verdict was read, I could not believe (and still can't) that it was not guilty even of the lesser charge of manslaughter. I was at work when the verdict came in. It was the only part of the whole trial that I allowed my employees to watch while at work. (They knew how I had followed this case and I knew many of them did too.) We gathered around the tv in the lobby and everyone was on the edge of their seats. When everyone realized that she had been found not guilty of Caylee's death, there was a mild uproar from most, but I just walked back into my office without a word to anyone and sat down and cried.

Since the moment that verdict was read, I have not been able to talk about it or watch interviews or commentaries or anything. I've posted here only one other time and that was to ask about the sentencing for the remaining charges. I haven't watched any of the interviews or news reports since the sentence was announced and I probably won't watch anything on the day she is released. I just can't get past the point that she got away with it and there is nothing that can change that and when I say that I am sick of the whole thing, I don't mean that disprespectfully to Caylee or any who came to care about her. I simply mean that I am sick about the verdict.

Thanks for the thread - this is the most I've said about any of this - perhaps it will be a bit theraputic for me. JB would say I compartmentalize things, I suppose, and I guess this compartment just needs to stay closed a while longer for me. I can't let anything in or out - as if that will somehow protect me from further disappointment in this case. I need to keep it in a separate compartment because I fear that if I let it spread, it would consume me - I suppose that is why I cannot watch or listen to or read about any of it since the verdict.

But thank goodness, that when I'm ready to do so, I know all the information will be archived here at WS!

I am basing what I believe by considering that Casey Anthony was charged with premeditated murder and, if found guilty, would have been sentenced to death.

Wrong. She could also have been sentenced to Life Without Parole.

The state's computer forensics were very suspect (the 84 searches for chloroform, that turned out to be untrue) were discussed on a seperate thread here) the duct tape was not on Caylee's little face and it was very likely to have been attached to the garbage bags. The chloroform testimony from the prosecution's expert was exaggerated and refuted by the defense (FBI) expert. I think you meant the jail visit tapes (video tapes?) and Casey lied about Caylee's kidnapping, that she believed Caylee was alive, all that. She lied because she did not ever want to admit that Caylee died in an accident and she threw her body away in both denial and abyssmal stupidity in which she probably thought everyone would believe that Caylee was kidnapped and look for her forever. I don't recall that she told her mother that Caylee was with the nanny, I thought she just took off and later put Cindy off with saying that. Her staying with Tony Lazarro was probably, also, a form of denial and finding some way (that no one can understand) to put Caylee's death forever out of her mind.

First of all, the report did not state there were 84 searches. It stated that there were 84 HITS (or visits) to a particular web site. I agree with you, here.. I think that there was only one hit on that site... but one is enough to learn how to make chloroform on a 'how-to' site. That said, the chloroform evidence has never been all that convincing to me.

As for the tape -- how did it unstick itself from the trashbags and restick to Caylee's hair? Why was there no evidence that any duct tape had been on the trash bags, at all?

As I said, I never believed in the chloroform evidence, anyhow.. so no comment on that. I think the duct tape was the murder weapon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi
Back