What did Sheri know? (divorce, life ins., etc.)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Bluenotes, just a quick question. For some reason it seems that I recall there being something said to the effect that one of the boys had said that they weren't going to Florida now (at the time). Does anyone else remember something along those lines? Just thinking that if that indeed is true, something must have happened to cause them to cancel the plans.

Yes, we talked about the kids saying that even before we knew tickets were found. There were only two tickets found - or do we know?

Hi Bluenotes, just a quick question. For some reason it seems that I recall there being something said to the effect that one of the boys had said that they weren't going to Florida now (at the time). Does anyone else remember something along those lines? Just thinking that if that indeed is true, something must have happened to cause them to cancel the plans.

Yes, I first posted that back in early May. The boys told their teachers that their trip was canceled because SC was concerned about them missing school.

I don't know if she was planning to leave. One thing I did notice in some of the candid family photos was how empty the house seemed. I saw nothing on the walls in the Christmas pix of the boys with new toys. The kitchen seemed impersonal, like a model home. There were no toys scattered about, no drawings taped to the refrigerator.

Perhaps that means the house was packed up for someone's departure. Chris certainly didn't say that anyone was planning to leave that day or any other.

I just got the impression from the photos that they lived in the house but didn't have a life in it. That sounds unnecessarily critical of Sheri, which isn't intended. It just looked like a barely furnished place that didn't have a lot of the homey touches that a family with two boys might have.

Maybe Chris was a martinet about tidiness. Maybe he abused Sheri, but in a covert way. Like, "Why isn't this house clean? Why are these toys lying about? Who's doing the housework in this place, anyway? Can't anything be kept clean around here? Why isn't this done? Why isn't that done? Where's my this? Where's my that? You're supposed to do this, remember that, take care of that. Why aren't these things being done, Sheri? Do I have to do everything around here? Can't you take care of the few things I need you to take care of? I go for a trip and come back and everything's a mess, the boys aren't behaving. What's wrong with you?"

Their house was on and off the market, according to many sources. When selling a home every single realtor told me to take down personal items and family photos when showing the house.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...76BD0076CFB5?OpenDocument#tp_newCommentAnchor

Friend details Sheri Coleman's fears that husband would harm her
By Nicholas J.C. Pistor
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
Monday, Feb. 01 2010
COPYRIGHT 2010 ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

COLUMBIA, Il. -- Confiding in a close friend about her fraying marriage, Sheri
Coleman expressed fear in the months before she and her sons were slain that
husband Christopher Coleman would harm her.

A narrative written for police by the friend, Kathy L. LaPlante, said she
immediately presumed that Christopher Coleman, now charged with three counts of
first-degree murder, had killed his family.

LaPlante had worked with Christopher Coleman at the Joyce Meyer Ministries,
where her husband is a pastor. Her statement was posted today in a public court
file.

She wrote in one passage that in February 2009, "Sheri called me at 7:00 AM and
she was again hysterically crying and said that if anything happened to her
Chris did it."

Hello WS :)

If anyone representing the church intimidated people into not giving their opinions, isn't that illegal? Besides being extremely immoral in their book.

Even if JMM had no way of knowing any of this, you would think they would behave differently after the fact. "Only speak well of him"(Coleman) -That is a creepy request coming from a church who claims to be co-operating. Isn't there something in the bible about telling the truth?

At the very least, shouldn't the church be there for LaPlante, instead of making her feel intimidated? Why does a church have a lawyer?

...jmo...

Thanks Ccup for posting that. I found a link at kmov to the actual pdf file of Mrs. LaPlant's statement. A few more details about the Meyers and Coleman families. Not too nice details. Also there are some very touching statements that Sheri made about her brother Mario.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/colemanfrienddoc.PDF

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...41B7375594F812C4862576BD0081DA14?OpenDocument

This link is excerpts from her statement. I had to stop and start because reading it make me sick to my stomach.

Thanks Ccup and lajr for the links... makes me sick to my stomach too, thinking not only of the terror that Sheri must have experienced, but how she had to take on the wrenching task of hiding that terror from her innocent children and trying to keep the family together.

What ARE the rules on hearsay? LaPlante's depo is damning. Is this an attempt to get him to plea out? Sorry, too sad and angry to organize my thoughts right now. :furious: :banghead: :sick:

It is really disappointing to know that upper management at JMM wanted to sweep the situation under the rug when TRUTH is so important to Christianity.

I am glad Sheri's friend stood up and did the right thing by disclosing what she knew in spite of the bad advice she was given by her employer.

It seems like JMM didn't really care about what had happened to Sheri and the boys, only how it would affect dtheir own butts. What a shame, WWJD?

And there is more!!!!! JMM is the farthest thing from Christian!

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...3DA923ADF7492BB2862576BF007420F6?OpenDocument

Joyce Meyer Ministries wants to limit employee contact with Sheri Coleman's lawyers
By Nicholas J.C. Pistor
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
Wednesday, Feb. 03 2010
COLUMBIA, Ill. - Joyce Meyer Ministries has asked a judge to restrict opposing
lawyers from contacting its employees.

The request came one day after Jack Carey, a Belleville lawyer, filed in open
court a former ministry employee’s revealing statement to detectives
investigating the murder of Sheri Coleman and her two boys. Carey has sued
Christopher Coleman, the ministry’s former security chief awaiting trial for
the triple murder, for wrongful death and is seeking to add the ministry as a
defendant.

"On more than one occasion plaintiffs’ counsel has contacted the employees of
JMM without notice to JMM’s counsel. JMM’s counsel advised plaintiffs’ counsel
to desist from communicating with JMM employees," wrote Mike King, a lawyer for
Joyce Meyer Ministries, in a motion filed in Monroe County Circuit Court on
Tuesday.

The request also covers former employees.

It looks to me like these so called "men and women of God" start out with good intentions of spreading the gospel and saving people. What makes them go off the deep end - wanting power, prestige and money? How do they justify what they are doing? I have aboslutely zero respect for Joyce Meyers and Ron Coleman - and anyone who is involved in their churches needs to realize they are idolizing their ministers instead of their God. They need to get out from under these false prophets. I hope the civil suit takes down both Meyers and Coleman and stops their abilities to take advantage of the people who are looking for purpose and meaning in their lives. All Meyers and Coleman are doing to their parishioners is draining their pockets so they can maintain an extravagant livestyle.

So here we are - and the truth keeps getting uglier and uglier. Jesus said it isn't money (mammon) that is evil - it's the love of money. I think this case epitomizes what happens when innocence is annhilated by greed.

How many of the key players have "sold their souls" in this case? It would appear that most of them have, or are willing to if need be (to prevent the house of cards from tumbling). A spiritually challenging question remains. . . Does JM believe that deception is, in this case, for the "greater good"? Makes my skin crawl for sure.

My soul grieves for what JMM is doing and how it is totally against the teaching of Jesus! May the Lord deal with them at this point. I can't believe how they think the decisions they are making will protect their ministry when those who study the Bible will see what they are doing is soooooooooo wrong.

I just wish some main stream media outlets would get a hold of this story and out JMM to the nation/ world!

None of these outfits are about religion, they're businesses.

Ya know, when we first heard about the murders, I didn't believe that Sheri's marriage was perfect, or that CC was a loving, doting father & husband....maybe that was what was on the surface to a big degree, because I imagine Sheri wanted to protect her boys from whatever bad stuff went on between her & CC.

I think initially people were so shocked, and felt they didn't want to bring any shame on Sheri's memory.

But thank goodness people started speaking up & telling the truth about Sheri's relationship w/ the monster.

It's sadly no surprise to me that the controlling CC would also show her "who's the boss" via physical violence before her death.

I wonder how he treated the boys.....I just can't envision him being so perfect a father either....CC's heart is full of evil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back