What did we learn today 7-04-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did we learn today 7-04-2011 - Multiple Choice.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that His Honour does not want Baez to "approach" any longer....he is OVA it!

The question "What makes a psychopath" has intrigued me for a long time. There is evidence that psychpaths' brains have a different structure than normal brains:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090804090946.htm

But what causes this difference? My personal opinion is that there is some structural difference from birth, but that nurture makes a huge difference in how that brain difference manifests itself. I'd also tend to factor in personality differences.

After several years of casual reading, it's still a mystery to me.

I learned that the State of Florida (and Caylee) is blessed to have Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick fighting for truth and justice.

The question "What makes a psychopath" has intrigued me for a long time. There is evidence that psychpaths' brains have a different structure than normal brains:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090804090946.htm

But what causes this difference? My personal opinion is that there is some structural difference from birth, but that nurture makes a huge difference in how that brain difference manifests itself. I'd also tend to factor in personality differences.

After several years of casual reading, it's still a mystery to me.

As a layperson, I will say from my experience and observation, a cold, domineering mother and absent or weak father on the nurture side. But yes, I think it's a combo of nature and nurture. IMHO, mothers are to be nurturers and fathers are to be teachers and confidence builders, by nature. Just my opinion. So pity the upcoming generation of fatherless children. I have learned more by watching nature than anything else.

You know, I think Cindy was totally freaking out, if Casey was telling her those BS stories about Caylee being with Zanny during those 31 days. She knew Zanny wasn't a real person. An here Casey says Caylee is with her! That's why I absolutely believe she was panicking when she sent Lee to find Casey.

Cindy had never tried to call Casey out, let alone track her down. She was doing all kinds of things that were out of character for her. She even got on My Space, FGS!

To answer your questions, though, I think it's a bit of both. Casey could be unbalanced either chemically or neurologically. I wonder if her screwed up family is a reaction to having a screwed up Casey. Without knowing how they were before Casey came along, it's hard for me to say, you know chicken-egg.

Colour by me!

Good point, Tuffy. This is what I was trying to say but you did it so much better.:rocker: I wonder how much of this family's problems arose from just trying to deal with ICA and just trying to survive every day with ICA.

I learned that Chaney Mason gets really grumpy when JVM approaches him. He also likes to sit at the bar and face the public while eating lunch (because he wants his preevacy you know).

I also learned that Jose Baez (per JVM) got down on bended knee to speak to his client while she gently stroked his face.

ACK!

Mel

I learned that watching this encounter reenacted by Ryan Smith (as Baez) and Jean Casarez (as ICA) on HLN was an odd experience! :innocent:

I hope ICA will never be able to experience life outside of prison again. I wonder though, do you think she thinks she might? Is there a thread any where here about that? I mean, I've been thinking these past couple days or actually wondering , if she is thinking:" It might be soon, and then I can......" I know most will say something like go to her old hangouts, but I really wonder, what in the world does she think she will do?

I'm not talking about the regular, go on book tour comments and such. I just could not imagine how she thinks it would be out here. Does she really think it will be normal for her again if she is let go? (never I know)

I learned that His Honour does not want Baez to "approach" any longer....he is OVA it!

I think JB forgot that statement from yesterday (or Friday) where JP said NO MORE SIDEBARS.

JB: Can we have a sidebar?

JP: NO

JB: 2 minutes later no less - Can we have a sidebar?

JP: NOOOOO

:floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh::great:

I hope ICA will never be able to experience life outside of prison again. I wonder though, do you think she thinks she might? Is there a thread any where here about that? I mean, I've been thinking these past couple days or actually wondering , if she is thinking:" It might be soon, and then I can......" I know most will say something like go to her old hangouts, but I really wonder, what in the world does she think she will do?

I'm not talking about the regular, go on book tour comments and such. I just could not imagine how she thinks it would be out here. Does she really think it will be normal for her again if she is let go? (never I know)

I thought about this a lot and despitetheverdict ICA will never be free again, life will never be normal ever again. She will either spend her days secluded in a prison or secluded in a mansion. She will not be free/able to come and go, socialize with friends, parrrtttty or be herself. She will be notorious and protected whether that is in prison or a secure home. She may have her fantasy life and imaginary friends but it will be no Bella Vita. ICA will pay a high price either way that money cannot buy. Life will never be the same.

I learned (or really was reminded) that Rick Plesea, CA's brother, was pretty much spot on about ICA back in August of 2008. Three months before Caylee was discovered, Rick Plesea told CA in e-mails that ICA was heading for a murder conviction.

He demanded proof of Zanny's existence, and doubted she existed, due to ICA's incorrigible dishonesty. Watching LDB today, he must have felt entirely vindicated.

:rocker::detective:

I learned that with 100% of my heart and mind that ICA is guilty of planning to kill her child and I now KNOW the reason why.. before today I never exactly knew WHY.. today that very last comment and photo was like the truth staring me in the face.

May the jury please convict ICA to the fullest extent that Florida law allows.. INCLUDING the Death Penalty.

I wonder if ICA was born with some kind of brain chemical imbalance that made her evil. i.e.:

On the day I was born, the nurses all gathered 'round
And they gazed in wide wonder, at the joy they had found
The head nurse spoke up, and she said leave this one alone
She could tell right away, that I was bad to the bone

(George Thorogood & the Destroyers)

More likely, I think, she was competing for CA's attention when Lee was suffering that mysterious "condition" he had. She learned what behavior achieved the desired results, and built on it until she ran the Anthony family.

I also keep thinking about what changed in her when she was about 15. It seems she was (at least by outward appearance) a fairly normal kid - did okay in school, ran track and had friends. I do not believe GA and/or LA abused her. It'll remain a mystery just like a lot of other unanswered questions in this case - that she'll never admit the truth, not ever.

When I first heard about Caylee at the very beginning 3 years ago, I knew ICA had killed her. I knew, as many of you all knew, that Caylee was gone and ICA was lying and lying and lying as LDB said this morning. But it's always been hard for me to wrap my brain around it, especially as a mother who has lost a child myself. I don't think it was done just so ICA could party... there was a much more sinister reason in my opinion, which had to do with both parents. I'm pretty sure now, that she intended to kill CA and GA and thought she'd get away with it. It would have been so easy for her to just walk out and leave Caylee with CA, except for the fact that CA was her only means of support. I think CA knew ICA wasn't working at all. She certainly knew she was stealing A LOT of money - LDB said hundreds of checks - and CA used that to try to control ICA just as ICA used Caylee to control CA.

Watching her in court today, it seems she still thinks she can lie and bully her way out of her big problem. It makes me very sad - and angry - to think about all the lives she ruined and resources wasted on her that could have been put to better use.

I learned today that I can really, really hate someone, and that I'm not totally against the death penalty - I thought I was.
:sigh:

It'll be over soon, officially, and we'll move on to another heartbreaking case, but I'll never forget Caylee. I sure am glad I've had all you guys to help me along.
:loveyou:

I learned that nearly everyone at the 4th of July cookout I went to were following the trial and we all had our phones programmed to receive an verdict alert. Thirty people (not counting the kids) were just as obsessed with this case as I was, but I knew more than everyone else only because of this website!!!!!

I was so popular at this party. Everybody asked me questions about this case. I sounded so smart and it's all because of all the hard work you all have done!!!

As I was leaving I told everyone my source. I told them about all the work you guys have done and if you had any questions, this was the place to find the answers. I struggled with telling them throughout the cookout and finally gave in....but only as I was walking out the door.

Thank you so much for making me the hit of the party!!!

Respectfully,
BeagleMom

I learned that ICA is starting to resemble Ruth Buzzy. All she needs is the hairnet to complete the image.

None of the above. I learned today that I want to grow up to be an unapologetic geek. :D

What we learned today is that Casey better get use to wearing those navy prison clothes. She'll be wearing them for a very long long time if not forever.

I learned that watching this encounter reenacted by Ryan Smith (as Baez) and Jean Casarez (as ICA) on HLN was an odd experience! :innocent:

I was looking to see if anyone else had seen this! And it was not the first time! I am afraid for JB! To me it says she is not done with him yet. ICA never shows this closeness, affection or understanding unless she is reeling someone farther into her web. There was a reason, something she will be expecting from him no matter what happens. If I was his wife, I'd be scared!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143049"]2011.07.04 Today's Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Post # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member