What did we learn today 7-05-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did we learn today 7-05-2011? - MULTIPLE CHOICE!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I learned:

1) There is no justice
2) People ignore common sense
3) How to get away with murder
4) Lying pays
5) Truth does NOT prevail
6) If you are accused of a crime put someone else on trial to save your butt
7) These jurors are the dumbest people on earth
8) Slimy unethical lawyers are rewarded. Good guys truly do finish last

I learned that HHJBP over-compensated in favor of the Defense. He was so worried about this be damning to ICA and wanting to preclude appeals and/or a mistrial that he bent over backwards to accomodate JB and allowed stuff in he should not. He did not stick to his own rules.

The only problem with HHJBP's caution to favor the Defense is that the SA cannot appeal and seek a retrial.

Now, I only hope that HHJBP does the RIGHT thing and hits Bozo up with those "threatened" sanctions and recommends him to the FL state bar for disbarment for his unethical, sleazy, underhanded antics throughout this whole trial!

I learned the juror who said she can't judge lied. A not-guilty verdict is passing judgement. If she truly felt her religious beliefs prevented her from judging another person then she would have refused to deliberate so that an alternate could take her place.

IMO

The system does not work.

the root of the problem was in jury selection IMHO. How can people who dont care to know what is going on around them possibly follow something as complex as this case? Was jury selection too rushed by JP?

I'm with ya. Had to hit up the klonopin.
I simply just can NOT believe this. Not even for a minute.

I hope she is shunned. moo

After making the Scallop Ceviche and putting the Pork, Beef and Venison Roasts in the crock pots for Hash....I have taken a xanax and had some wine. I am devastated that my fellow Americans could get it so wrong. Is there Justice in this land?

I learned that my kids are darn lucky. All 6 are pretty much grown now, but each one of them had times that if I couldve killed them and got away with it, I just might have. Very thankful that I didnt know that then as I love them dearly.
I also learned that if anything ever happens to one of my grandchildren, I may not ever allow it to get to the "justice system".

I learned that I can lose faith in the justice system... something is really screwed up down in Florida.

Hey don't blame the whole State of Florida....... LOL

the jury was picked from Pinellas County.

JVM says FB is doing the 9pm porch light tonight.

Turn your porch light on @ 9pm for Caylee. I wish I had a purple light.

That I wasted 3 years of my life obsessively pouring over every piece of evidence released in this case and knowing in my heart and soul that she was guilty of murdering her beautiful innocent daughter, only to have 12 jurors not even request to review one piece of evidence and come back with a not guilty verdict

My heart is broken but I know I am in good company with my websleuths family

I learned that Lee is not the only one who believes everything his sister says.

I don't want to get banned. I like my friends here. I'll just express what I've learned this way.

Nobody gets too much heaven no more, it's much harder to come by,

I'm waiting in line...

Nobody gets too much love anymore, it's as high as a mountain,

And harder to climb.

Too Much Heaven, the Brothers Gibb, 1979

the root of the problem was in jury selection IMHO. How can people who dont care to know what is going on around them possibly follow something as complex as this case? Was jury selection too rushed by JP?

I have really wondered that myself. I always think "if i were on the jury I would..." however I am sure I will never be on a jury for any major trial because I usually read every detail I can.

I’ve learned that a Jury’s decision can be a crock of sh** .

One consolation is that although ICA’s blatant guilt apparently escaped this Jury, the vast majority of the public can see clearly the undeniable truth.

I hope she is jeered everywhere she shows her evil mug. I also hope no-one buys her story and switches off if she goes selling herself on TV shows. I am disgusted with this verdict because this woman is without a conscience and could kill again.

If she can do this to a vulnerable little toddler, her own flesh and blood, she is capable of anything.

Can someone explain this to me? Okay google search was added globally august 2008 or later correct? So how could chlorophyll be suggested for chloroform in march 2008 if that feature was not added until after march 2008?

Life is not fair. I am discourage with the human race.
And that I truly believe in my quote.

I'm wondering if sequestering juries for so long doesn't lead to them making quick decisions just so they can get out of there.

This is an interesting question, SD. Do long trials with sequestration lead to groupthink? Does the bond that forms between people in such unusual circumstances "intoxicate" them? I imagine that it must feel good. Jurors might, in fact, be less inclined under such circumstances to raise objections. Or dispute opinions. Or create conflict. (Who wants to be the bad guy? Nobody!)

Today I learned that sometimes evil wins and justice only comes at the time someone meets their maker. That baby will be at the gates when her murdering mother shows up and she will impose her judgement. Today I practice patience and trust in powers greater than I

I learned that the dumbing down of America equals NO justice for victims of violent crime!!!

I learned that LE MUST be corrupt and that NONE of their investigations amount to a hill of beans, and that the word of a self-admitted pathatlogical liar is what is to be trusted.

I learned that I will NEVER watch another trial again!!!! I can not handle the emotional rollercoaster.:maddening:

I learned that justice is a 7-letter word that doesn't always mean the person who deserves to rot in prison does.

I am sick at the thought of ICA waltzing out of jail in two days with that smarmy smile on her face, thinking she is so much smarter than the rest of the population & ready to sell her story for millions.

I know life is not fair, but sometimes the deck is stacked SO lopsidedly that it's hard to have hope for anything anymore.

Me too. Steely, me too. I'm going back to the Political Pavilion. I feel like dark clouds are gathering overhead. It's a sad day for me. I am trying to remember that in our justice system it's better that the guilty occasionally go free, than the innocent condemned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that it's better that some guilty go free rather than an innocent condemned but that applies, IMO, to illegal search and seizure and the breaking of other civil rights in order to secure a conviction. Here everyone did things right and it still equated to a miscarriage of justice. JMO

This is an interesting question, SD. Do long trials with sequestration lead to groupthink? Does the bond that forms between people in such unusual circumstances "intoxicate" them? I imagine that it must feel good. Jurors might, in fact, be less inclined under such circumstances to raise objections. Or dispute opinions. Or create conflict. (Who wants to be the bad guy? Nobody!)

That's an interesting thought. I was thinking of something different. These people have been away from their families for a month and a half. So let's say they take a straw vote and it's 11-1 in favor of conviction, but that one juror says they will never change their mind to guilty. At this point you know the judge is going to tell you to keep going back and try to reach a verdict for probably at least two weeks and so rather than fight you just give in and say fine NG let's get out of here. JMO

What happens now? I doubt anyone would hire her. Her parents are almost unemployable. What happens? I hope to God nobody gives her any money for her story and if they do that they lose a lot of money doing it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back