What do we know that the jury doesn't?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can someone tell me if the jury know about the gate that kept Naps downstairs?

The formatting has gone a bit askew and I've lost a couple of links but I'll fix those on the final edition too

Please cut and paste list - don't quote

JA's Life Pre Trial
JA's superman t-shirt photo with Bobby J with her hair in braids (Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
JA pot and potential 'other' drug history with Bobby J
JA kicking her mom when she was an adult
JA getting a flat tire on way to funeral
JA's sick 'In Loving Memory' tributes to Travis on Youtube, Myspace and FB, and chicken dance tribute (Thanks Karraster)
JA hitting her brother in the head with a bat (Thanks Angel Wings)
Brother saying sex tape was to blackmail Travis It was on his FB. (Thanks Angel Wings)
JA never being left alone with Darryl's son (I think)
Her Myspace page (and TA page) as she has numerous pics there of her and TA...............while TA only has a couple. (Thanks The Village Idiot)
Other content of JA's diary (Thanks The Village Idiot) Any examples appreciated! +
JA stopped believing in the law of attraction at the end of 2007
The ring JA stole from Travis was an engagement ring meant for Linda Ballard Boss. (Thanks Lil Buddy)
Friends of Travis wisk him away in their car and Jodi runs after them. (Thanks Karraster)
CH mentioned JA emailed Travis sent soon after 5/26 saying she didn't slash his tires or steal his journals(Thanks Karraster)
There was also a journal entry made after 5/26 where JA denies slashing his tires. (Smelly Squirrel)
The DT bring JA's civvy clothes to court

Travis's Life
Travis and the spidies photo with his dad
Travis telling his mentor and "Phoenix dad" Dr. Karl Hiatt that if he didn't ever turn up for lunch on Sunday it was because JA had killed him (Thanks DebinGA)
JA invited herself to Utah on 5/30 to see RB, and not the other way around. JA sent him a letter in 2009 telling him he wasn't in danger, she wasn't a serial killer, and that he was a *advertiser censored* of the state for letting them know about her upsidedown license plate (Thanks LinasK)

JA Interrogation/ Court
JA potential fraud / tapping into Travis's bank account
JA previously on ticket to go to Cancun (not confirmed)
JA 'art' / tracing famous ads and pictures, and being sold on ebay
Interrogation tapes (majority of content)
-mumble things like "still hate me?" and giggle ominously. (Thanks amberjul)
-flipping her hair around and checking her make-up ... (Thanks DogGoneCute)
-JA Handstands to get more colour in her face before mug shot/ asking if she could do her makeup to Det Fl when she was arrested and also in the interrogation room
- All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
- JA singing Dido’s Here With Me but sings “I didn’t hear you breathe” instead of “I didn’t hear you leave” (Thanks Iliketobendpages)
JA's 2nd degree murder plea and threat to drag Travis through the mud
JA kicking/killing doggy boy
Some of JA's actions including finger and throat slashing gestures at JM and her stalker looks at JW and her family's in court. We see close up because of the cameras.
JA messing around with JW's chair (Thanks Dewey)
Jailhouse fights ( Thank you Seguek9)
Jodi's disgusting black, "I have not washed my feet in over 6 months" looking fungus infested feet. Speaking of fungus, didn't she confiscate some fungus cream? (Thanks Kaydono)
Stealing pens in jail ... hiding pens in shampoo bottles ... unauthorized creams and lotions ... Thank you DGC
Sticking pencils in her shoe... (Thanks amberjul)
JA's happy smiles when Jury is out of sight (Thanks Davia18)
JA tweets from jail
The full videos of the TV shows she did when she was still claiming that the Ninja's did it. She talked on and on about what a wonderful person Travis was and what a wonderful traveling companion he was - She even said how Travis was a traveling comedian because he always entertained and inspired..... (Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
One of the violations JA was cited for in jail was possession of 19 prohibited photographs, which were Travis’s autopsy photos (Thanks Dani)

Travis Family and Friends Evidence
Chris Hughes stories
- JA eavesdropping at door/ evil look
- JA sitting at table for further hour after Sky told her to go
- JA telling sky and chris she had a "vision" of her marrying TA. (thank you kaydono)
- JA writing an email to herself, and telling TA it was from her "stalker" and showed Travis to try to get him to tell her to move to AZ (thank you kaydono and Midwest Mama)
"fake
- JA never letting TA out of her sight, even when he went to RR, according to Sky/Chris (thank you kaydono)
- The truth behind the 'abuse' emails
Video of friend that went shooting with Travis and said that TA never owned a gun (Thanks AS)
Deanna Hall caught JA with Travis's laptop on the couch baking cookies at Travis's house without his consent (Thanks AS)
The fact that Travis willed his dog and his library to Deanna (Thanks AS)

Evidence
Fake pedo letters and Nurmi lying to the Hughes about validity of pedo letter (Thanks Midwest Mama)
Knives hidden and found in hire car (Thanks mobius99) Unknown who was next target – possibly Thomas Brown (Thank you Truth Detector) Knives in book boxes and gun taped under bonnet of car. (Jury only know there was a gun)
The CONTENT of the video viewed in court of TA w/ white/blonde thing on lap (Thanks ObserverinAZ)
Funny biz with Helio cell phone.. claimed lost (IRRC melted chocolate?) got replacement which had sex tape/photos claimed lost but then found in G'parents car (Thank you ObserverinAZ)
Incident w/ Clancy in bathroom WHICH sounds almost like incident she claims happened between Abe & TA (Thank you OAZ)
That her & Abe only went on 1 date (my impression is she's insinuated more of a relationship to jury) (Thank you OAZ)
How unusual the number of approaches and chamber sessions are
How much of JA's testimony can be linked to movies (A News Junkie Super Sleuthing
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content* - Page 16 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
JA taking a yellow folder off of the DT's table and attempting to sit on it, or place it where it has NO BUSINESS being placed. (Thanks Dewey)
Lots of pages from her journal/diary they do not know (Thanks TheVillageIdiot)
Det Flores report (Little Mel)

JA's Friends and Family and DT
JA's parents tapes
- JA's dad saying she was strange
- JA's dad story about how she'd call and abuse her mom
- JA's mom's story about someone calling in the middle of the night to say she needs help/ bipolar
- JA's parents telling a lot of things seemed to elevate when she was in 8th grade. The family was moving and Mom couldn't find her tupperware - JA used said Tupperware to grow pot on the roof of the house. The parents called the Sheriff IIRC to give little JA a lesson. Her room was searched and she never trusted them again, refusing them from staying in her house once she had moved out. (Thanks AuburnS)
- JA's parents telling about her paranoia about her room being searched after being caught with pot , even as an adult
- JA dad saying she was financially in a lot of debt and plans to file for bankrupcy but didn't have the money to do so
- JA’s mom asked JA if she killed Travis. JA also told her mom she wasn’t in Arizona and had the receipts to prove it.. (Thanks Deedee21)
Nurmi trying to leave the case 1000 times, okay 3 times
Nurmi's mistrial attempts
The number of Expert Witnesses / Psychologists the DT are rumored to have been through
MS passing notes to JA's mom
MS passing notes to D (Midwest Mama)
JA's outside 'representative' /
Who Donovan is and how they met (Midwest Mama)
ALV approaching Travis' sister (thanks Midwest Mama)
Whatever ALV was "taken to task" for in chambers (thanks Midwest Mama)
JA's mom writing to appeal for Nurmi to stay on case / JA's mom helping to her get hire car
Gus Searcy testimony
Huge amount of negative press to ALV/ book reviews
RS taking his website down after trial
Collecting donations on that other site, domestic violence ribbons, "survivor" shirts..

Other Social Media
The HLN "drama" / JM signature saga
JC's putting her nose where it does not belong, shooting off her mouth, causing her to have to testify and possibly creating grounds for a mistrial. (Thanks Dewey)

Other
Dr D's laptop being stolen
Cost of trial

Didn't JA's father say on the tape that JA told her sister that her and Travis were getting married?

The formatting has gone a bit askew and I've lost a couple of links but I'll fix those on the final edition too

JA's Life Pre Trial
JA's superman t-shirt photo with Bobby J with her hair in braids (Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
JA's sick 'In Loving Memory' tributes to Travis on Youtube, Myspace and FB, and chicken dance tribute (Thanks Karraster)
Brother saying sex tape was to blackmail Travis It was on his FB. (Thanks Angel Wings)
Her Myspace page (and TA page) as she has numerous pics there of her and TA...............while TA only has a couple. (Thanks The Village Idiot)
Other content of JA's diary (Thanks The Village Idiot) Any examples appreciated! +
The ring JA stole from Travis was an engagement ring meant for Linda Ballard Boss. (Thanks Lil Buddy)
Friends of Travis wisk him away in their car and Jodi runs after them. (Thanks Karraster)
CH mentioned JA emailed Travis sent soon after 5/26 saying she didn't slash his tires or steal his journals(Thanks Karraster)
There was also a journal entry made after 5/26 where JA denies slashing his tires. (Smelly Squirrel)

Travis's Life
Travis telling his mentor and "Phoenix dad" Dr. Karl Hiatt that if he didn't ever turn up for lunch on Sunday it was because JA had killed him (Thanks DebinGA)
JA invited herself to Utah on 5/30 to see RB, and not the other way around. JA sent him a letter in 2009 telling him he wasn't in danger, she wasn't a serial killer, and that he was a *advertiser censored* of the state for letting them know about her upsidedown license plate (Thanks LinasK)

JA Interrogation/ Court
-JA Handstands to get more colour in her face before mug shot/ asking if she could do her makeup to Det Fl when she was arrested and also in the interrogation room
- All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
- JA singing Dido’s Here With Me but sings “I didn’t hear you breathe” instead of “I didn’t hear you leave” (Thanks Iliketobendpages)
Some of JA's actions including finger and throat slashing gestures at JM and her stalker looks at JW and her family's in court. We see close up because of the cameras.
Jodi's disgusting black, "I have not washed my feet in over 6 months" looking fungus infested feet. Speaking of fungus, didn't she confiscate some fungus cream? (Thanks Kaydono)
Stealing pens in jail ... hiding pens in shampoo bottles ... unauthorized creams and lotions ... Thank you DGC
JA tweets from jail
The full videos of the TV shows she did when she was still claiming that the Ninja's did it. She talked on and on about what a wonderful person Travis was and what a wonderful traveling companion he was - She even said how Travis was a traveling comedian because he always entertained and inspired..... (Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
One of the violations JA was cited for in jail was possession of 19 prohibited photographs, which were Travis’s autopsy photos (Thanks Dani)

Chris Hughes stories
- JA telling sky and chris she had a "vision" of her marrying TA. (thank you kaydono)
- JA writing an email to herself, and telling TA it was from her "stalker" and showed Travis to try to get him to tell her to move to AZ (thank you kaydono and Midwest Mama)
"fake
- JA never letting TA out of her sight, even when he went to RR, according to Sky/Chris (thank you kaydono)
Video of friend that went shooting with Travis and said that TA never owned a gun (Thanks AS)
Deanna Hall caught JA with Travis's laptop on the couch baking cookies at Travis's house without his consent (Thanks AS)

Evidence
Fake pedo letters and Nurmi lying to the Hughes about validity of pedo letter (Thanks Midwest Mama)
Knives hidden and found in hire car (Thanks mobius99) Unknown who was next target – possibly Thomas Brown (Thank you Truth Detector) Knives in book boxes and gun taped under bonnet of car. (Jury only know there was a gun)
The CONTENT of the video viewed in court of TA w/ white/blonde thing on lap (Thanks ObserverinAZ)
Funny biz with Helio cell phone.. claimed lost (IRRC melted chocolate?) got replacement which had sex tape/photos claimed lost but then found in G'parents car (Thank you ObserverinAZ)
Incident w/ Clancy in bathroom WHICH sounds almost like incident she claims happened between Abe & TA (Thank you OAZ)
That her & Abe only went on 1 date (my impression is she's insinuated more of a relationship to jury) (Thank you OAZ)
How much of JA's testimony can be linked to movies (A News Junkie Super Sleuthing
jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content* - Page 16 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
JA taking a yellow folder off of the DT's table and attempting to sit on it, or place it where it has NO BUSINESS being placed. (Thanks Dewey)

JA's parents tapes
- JA's mom's story about someone calling in the middle of the night to say she needs help/ bipolar
- JA's parents telling a lot of things seemed to elevate when she was in 8th grade. The family was moving and Mom couldn't find her tupperware - JA used said Tupperware to grow pot on the roof of the house. The parents called the Sheriff IIRC to give little JA a lesson. Her room was searched and she never trusted them again, refusing them from staying in her house once she had moved out. (Thanks AuburnS)
- JA's parents telling about her paranoia about her room being searched after being caught with pot , even as an adult
- JA dad saying she was financially in a lot of debt and plans to file for bankrupcy but didn't have the money to do so
- JA’s mom asked JA if she killed Travis. JA also told her mom she wasn’t in Arizona and had the receipts to prove it.. (Thanks Deedee21)
- JA's dad telling Det Fl that JA said she was going to marry Travis (Thank you DairyGirl)
The number of Expert Witnesses / Psychologists the DT are rumored to have been through
JA's mom writing to appeal for Nurmi to stay on case / JA's mom helping to her get hire car
Gus Searcy testimony
Collecting donations on that other site, domestic violence ribbons, "survivor" shirts..

Other Social Media
JC's putting her nose where it does not belong, shooting off her mouth, causing her to have to testify and possibly creating grounds for a mistrial. (Thanks Dewey)

Other
Cost of trial

-penis picture...fingers prove it's not Travis
-Troy Hayden interview planned months prior to verdict
- using his phone to respond to a txt msg then deleting it "I'm cuddling with Jodi right now" or something to that effect
-Flores interview where she laughs and says in air quotes - nothing in the bible says thou shall not fornicate

Diary examples:

Thurs, 8-2-07, 8am
I love him. I could not possibly love him not, though I wish I could stop. Turn it off like a light switch. Duct tape it down so it can't turn back on. Or better yet, just unplug cut the circuit. Cut off its life source. Make it dead in a second. Lifeless. A meaningless network or wires that ?? and mean nothing.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias2.pdf

Tuesday 12:50 AM-ish June 10, 2008
Dan Freeman just called me. I was excited to hear from him. I immediately began to say how I might be making a trip out there soon and he softly responded w/yes, I think you're going to have to make a trip out here soon. Then he told me it was about Travis. But he couldn't really tell me anything. He just said something was wrong. I don't know what's going on and I need some answers.

Tuesday 3 AM June 10, 2008
This is horrendous. The most awful thing I've ever had to deal with. I am in total shock right now. It hasn't fully hit me. This can't be real. This just can't be happening.

- using his phone to respond to a txt msg then deleting it "I'm cuddling with Jodi right now" or something to that effect

Thanks for all your comments. I *think* the jury did know she responded as Travis. The rest were great.

Wolfpack - yes the jury know

JA's Life Pre Trial
Other content of JA's diary (Thanks The Village Idiot) Any examples appreciated!

Thurs, 8-2-07, 8am (thanks Banzai)
I love him. I could not possibly love him not, though I wish I could stop. Turn it off like a light switch. Duct tape it down so it can't turn back on. Or better yet, just unplug cut the circuit. Cut off its life source. Make it dead in a second. Lifeless. A meaningless network or wires that ?? and mean nothing.
http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias2.pdf (will fix link on final update)
Tuesday 12:50 AM-ish June 10, 2008 (thanks Banzai)
Dan Freeman just called me. I was excited to hear from him. I immediately began to say how I might be making a trip out there soon and he softly responded w/yes, I think you're going to have to make a trip out here soon. Then he told me it was about Travis. But he couldn't really tell me anything. He just said something was wrong. I don't know what's going on and I need some answers.

Tuesday 3 AM June 10, 2008 (thanks Banzai)
This is horrendous. The most awful thing I've ever had to deal with. I am in total shock right now. It hasn't fully hit me. This can't be real. This just can't be happening.

Travis's Life

JA Interrogation/ Court
Flores interview where JA laughs and says in air quotes - nothing in the bible says thou shall not fornicate (thanks Banzai)
JA tweets from jail

Chris Hughes stories
"fake

Evidence
Penis picture...fingers prove it's not Travis (Thanks Banzai)
A step by step presentation with maps and times showing JA's movements and actions leading up to and after the murder

JA's parents tapes
- JA's dad telling Det Fl that JA said she was going to marry Travis (Thank you DairyGirl)
Gus Searcy testimony

Other Social Media

Other
Cost of trial

I didn't know we were going to break down all of the videos made with Detective Flores - But one zinger was when JA's father said, "she thought she was going to marry this guy".

Do the jurors know that when JA was fleeing (before arrest) that she "hid" the 9 mm gun under the hood of the rental car and also had two (2) knives in her possession?

I'll let Gauntlet decide whether or not these are already included and insert them where they belong if they weren't part of this ....

I didn't know we were going to break down all of the videos made with Detective Flores - But one zinger was when JA's father said, "she thought she was going to marry this guy".

Do the jurors know that when JA was fleeing (before arrest) that she "hid" the 9 mm gun under the hood of the rental car and also had two (2) knives in her possession?

I'll let Gauntlet decide whether or not these are already included and insert them where they belong if they weren't part of this ....

Thank you. :seeya:The jury knows about that gun but I have already added where it was. I've not put it all the details about the videos because that would make the list false It's the zingers that people remember that influenced their decision.

This is a great thread! I was looking for something like this. Gauntlet, you got so many of them, many more than I thought of. I have a couple.

Holly and Jacob Memford- friends of Travis ordered her out of their house, and Jodi just stared and sat down refusing to leave. They were immediately concernd about her and would not socialize with Travis when he was with her.

Grandmother walking everywhere. I know some feel this is controversial, because some feel it might be legit, but I just saw a video of her walking to visit JA at lower Buckeye. I would like the jury to see the manipulation attempts by bringing granny in in a wheelchair.

The outrage of legitimate victims of domestic violence at her claims of abuse and attempts to identify as a "survivor". I know it is not evidentiary, but I think when they see many of these things, they will only be strengthened I their verdict.

I know it has been mentioned but her tweets say it ll. I cannot wait for them to see her rude superior tweets done while the case was going on.

FINAL

When we started this list, I had just no idea how many little and not so little things we'd picked up about CFJA along the way. Whilst the evidence presented in court was certainly damning enough, that the jury made the decision in the time they did is true testament to the great case presented by Juan Martinez and the quality of the jury.

JA's Life Pre Trial
Other content of JA's diary (Thanks The Village Idiot) Any examples appreciated!
- Thurs, 8-2-07, 8am (thanks Banzai)
http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias2.pdf
- Tuesday 12:50 AM-ish June 10, 2008 (thanks Banzai)
- Tuesday 3 AM June 10, 2008 (thanks Banzai)

Travis's Life
JA locked Napoleon downstairs behind the doggy gate on June 04 2008

JA Interrogation/ Court
Flores interview where JA laughs and says in air quotes - nothing in the bible says thou shall not fornicate (thanks Banzai)
-mumble things like "still hate me?" or "still beat you brat" and giggle ominously. (Thanks amberjul and Bernina)
JA tweets from jail

Chris Hughes/Holly and Jacob Mefford stories
- JA sitting at table for further hour after Sky told her to go. Holly Mefford said JA came into kitchen and sat there and stared at her for 15 minutes refusing to leave (Thanks Darkhorse)
"fake

Evidence

Penis picture...fingers prove it's not Travis (Thanks Banzai)
How much of JA's testimony can be linked to movies (A News Junkie Super Sleuthing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8916611#post8916611
A step by step presentation with maps and times showing JA's movements and actions leading up to and after the murder

JA's parents tapes
Gus Searcy testimony
Outrage of DV victims to JA's claims (Thanks Darkhorse)
Collecting donations on that other site, domestic violence ribbons, "survivor" shirts.. (Thanks Bernina)
JA's grandmother sitting in wheelchair in court but seen outside court walking (Thanks Darkhorse)

Other Social Media

Other
Cost of trial

How about:

her giving witnesses, Juan and/or the jury the finger?

or her sneaky glances at the crime scene photos when she was pretending to be crying

and of course, just speculation on my part...that her glasses are fake.

What about the co-worker who said Jodi got upset at work when Travis didn't answer his phone and she went to look for him?

Just bumping this. There's many great comments in here. A few got a bit woolly but does any of this make anyone want the DP more than LWOP?

Very good question gauntlet.

I think this unknown information would have been confirmation to those jurors who sensed that JA was worse than what they got to hear.

This info would also serve to explain to some why TA verbally lashed out at JA. I think this info would have been especially helpful in understanding that he was actually reacting to her vile behavior. I can see how jurors would be upset at his verbal abuse, and think that it was cruel. For example, not knowing all of this, they could feel he was conflicted due to his strict religion and felt shame and guilt about his sexual escapades with JA. He might likely project those feelings on JA and resent her. This belief could be a mitigating factor if push came to shove.

The jurors never got to hear the testaments to his good character. We all got to hear the touching stories over the past few months which allowed us to appreciate and really like Travis. We got beyond his sexual persona. They have not heard these heart warming stories. I think that is a significant factor.

IMO, the jury has done really well in spite of not knowing all of these facts. But I think this lack of knowledge has contributed to those jurors not being able to agree to the DP. That is assuming that all jurors were comfortable with assigning a DP verdict.

I, for one, am very grateful that Gauntlet put all of our ideas together. Remember, folks, we may end up with a brand new jury that hasn't been looking at CMA for all those months where one or some jurors could have "somehow" decided "I can't put her to death" - "I've been in the courtroom with her for 5 months - type".....

Oops--I just found this topic tonight, and didn't think that maybe I shouldn't post a comment, seeing how I have never contributed before. I just thought it was a great thread. Sorry if I "barged in" folks--I am new and still learning the ropes. :)

What about JA's Mom attempting to sell the fake pedo letters to National Enquirer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander
Back