What do you think Casey's life would be like if she is found not guilty?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think after a transition period, she would be just fine. She may even change her name, move, and make up a past. Since she was so good an manipulating people before and lying, there is no reason to think she wouldn't be able to do that again. People's memories are short and not everyone pays as much attention to these kinds of things as we do. I would be pretty surprised if she wasn't able to get a job as a bartender or something - maybe not in the state of Florida, but I think she could just about anywhere else.

i hope a condition of her release would be a hysterectomy.

my thoughts exactly.
I have to agree with you on this... It would be the farthest thing from her mind 5 minutes after waltzing out of prison. Then it would be on to Fusion for a Welcome Back KC party that same night... It makes me sick to even think about it....

She wouldn't skip a beat from her past lifestyle. There is always some wacko out there willing to be with her. Just look at O.J. Simpson he had a beautiful girlfriend after he was found not guilty for killing his wife and her friend.

I have to agree with you on this... It would be the farthest thing from her mind 5 minutes after waltzing out of prison. Then it would be on to Fusion for a Welcome Back KC party that same night... It makes me sick to even think about it....

not sure if people are familiar with Karla Homolka but she was found guilty and served 12yrs i think for participating in the murders of her younger sister and two teenage girls..the torture/murder/sex slayings were video taped and made their way to the internet and even though the public was outraged by her release and i believe she received death threats..Karla now has a baby of her own and lives a relatively nice life in Montreal.
she changed her name so not sure of current info on her
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/02/08/3558711-sun.html

...i imagine casey's life will go on as usual if she is found not guilty, she'll just find a new set of friends to hang out with an manipulate.

She lives somewhere in the Caribean actually. She didn't last long in Montreal at all, or the country...thankfully!!
http//www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20071214/homolka_caribbean_071214/20071214?hub=TopStories

If I were to be kind, I would guess that she will be a pole dancer in some seedy little club. She would be a curiosity for a short while, then.....nothing.

Let's only hope that if she is released she will be unable to breed again.

If she is found "Not Guilty" (which I can not even fathom) then she will most definitely be assassinated before a week's time of being out. I can't imagine out of all the people out there who have become so emotionally invested and completely taken with this case that there isn't one that would snap. Murder is NEVER okay, but I feel like KC would definitely be better off in jail.

I totally agree! No way would she live long enough to even write a book, etc.

I was actually watching a documentary on Lizzie Borden last night (totally different time, I know) but they made a good point. They said that there were many woman in her town who supported her and stood behind her during her trial; however, when she actually did get acquitted those same woman and people who supported her still didn't want to socialize with her..and she basically became an outcast. Meaning, altho she may have supporters, that doesn't necessarily mean she will have "friends" or people who want to get involved with her. Just like her family. I think they are standing behind her now, like she's the same daughter they've always known, but if the day ever came where she actually did move home, I don't think they could ever look at her the same. She may think she's gaining notoriety and fans, and therefore friends, but I wouldn't be surprised if she became a social outcast with no friends and no one to turn to.

Wow trixi, I was going with the whole Lizzie Bordon thing too! It seems like there are an awful lot of similarities between the two stories. Or should I say, a similarity to the public involvement of the two stories. Before I saw your post I was curious about Lizzie's life after her acquittal. Even considering the days before television, or internet, she was what everyone wanted to talk about, and the one who to this day is still judged by perfect strangers.

Here's what I came up with at http://www.idreamof.com/famous/bios/borden_lizzie_andrew.html:

In late July of 1893, only a few weeks after the trial, Lizzie and Emma (older sister) moved into a grand Victorian house at 306 French St. in a very prestigious section of Fall River. Lizzie called the 13-room house Maplecroft. She would reside there for the rest of her life.

Rebuffed by many citizens of Fall River after the trial, Lizzie began to socialize with new friends from the New York theater scene, including actress Nance O'Neill. They became the best of friends and Lizzie threw lavish parties for her new friends at Maplecroft. Around 1905, Emma, after an unclear dispute with her sister, moved out of Maplecroft and removed to Newmarket, New Hampshire. The two never spoke again.

After a long illness, Lizzie died at Maplecroft on 01 June, 1927. Amazingly, Emma died only a few days later on 10 June 1927, after suffering a fall down the stairs at her home.

So here's my theory (very sketchy at best) . . . . she finds support, but support mostly from the shallowest minded of people, or maybe support from some sort of militant-rights group (couldn't name any . . . .). She would already be famous, and she would become desirable (in a twisted way - yes!). It's not too unbelieveable that she could write a book, do some acting (most likely of the *advertiser censored* type - think of it, she'd be a GREAT boost to the *advertiser censored* industry), she would probably end up married - more than once - and have more children. If anyone gives cr@p about anything she does, she'll pull the poor me my baby was killed number out of her pocket. I think she won't have anything to do with her parents, at least not after the point that they drive her home & she spends a day or two making plans & packing a few favorite belongings (hey Case, don't forget a few Caylee pics you can cry over for show). Eventually she'll die in some shameful and lonely way and probably won't have a true friend in the world.

Remember, it's just a theory!! AAANNNNNNYYYYTTTHHHING is possible. All I know is that if she knocked on my door to sell magazines or something, I won't be opening the door.

There is always someone willing to hang out with people like her. Look at OJ. She would most definitely have to leave the Orlando area for sure. The scary part, to me, is that she is young enough to have many more children.

However, I do not believe there is even a slight chance of her being found not guilty.

I suspect KC will stay with her family. I don't think she could make it on her own. Sure, she used Caylee against CA as leverage and ACTED like she was independent. However, I suspect she cannot make it on her own. She isn't capable of making her own decisions, I don't think.
And honestly, I really agree with many who have already stated, she will probably not live a long life on the outside. There are a LOT of very angry, (and then add crazy to angry) people in the world, who would not be able to fathom her walking free. She definitely would need to leave FL.

from casey and her family's view point she would for eternity be the martyr and misunderstood victim.

She would still be in jail. General population for theft and forgery.

if she is innocent and is acquitted, she will likely continue to live in a mental and social "prison" for her entire life. I would not be surprised at a suicide. She would probably suffer from ptsd, both due to the horrific loss of Caylee and the surrounding circumstances, the fact that the perpetrator was never caught, and also as a result of the defamation for such a long period of time in the press, the alienation of all her friends, the damage to her family, etc. . I've heard this kind of post traumatic stress is being understood more now, that people experience after having been wrongly accused of a crime, shunned, vilified, etc, or mistreated by an institution you would normally trust, whether that's the public, the media, the legal system, or whatever the institution might be. Now this is all theoretical i.e. if she is innocent and if she is acquitted -- I'm not saying I necessarily think she is innocent, I am still not sure who committed this murder. Nor am I saying that I think there was any wrongdoing on the part of LE. Again, I don't know if she is the murderer, or if she is not. I think she will probably be convicted regardless because of her failure to report Caylee missing and her inability or refusal to help LE.

I just hope at trial enough information will come out so that we're absolutely sure if she was the perpetrator of this murder or not. I hope the real murderer doesn't go free. I don't think the defense can catch the real perpetrator or come up with additional evidence, that was LE's job, the defense can only address the charges against KC and whether they are substantiated or not. I hope LE's investigation did not end at the Grand Jury but is ongoing, to be honest, because I think we need to know more. If KC committed this murder she obviously should spend life in prison or a mental hospital, depending on her degree of mental illness. I think it's possible that she is insane, whether she committed the murder or not. When you read or hear her interviews, her words only, in their entirety, they actually sound insane. The latest released interview with detective EE is a good example of this. Her sentences barely make any sense.

It's impossible for a psychopath to suffer from PTSD. They can cause it in others, but anxiety plays no role in their lives unless you want to count, "Am I going to get away with this?" in reference to whatever crime a psychopath is being held for pretrial.

They also don't commit suicide because they value their own lives, and believe they can solve any problem they may have if they bide their time.

I think she would have to take on a new identity and leave the country to avoid vigilante justice, because she has attained a notoriety few criminals ever will.

I think she would have to take on a new identity and leave the country to avoid vigilante justice, because she has attained a notoriety few criminals ever will.

My thoughts exacty. I was going to post "short-lived"....but didn't want to offend anyone. BUT....ITA.

Well O.J. Simpson managed to do OK for several years - he had a busy social life, always off golfing somewhere, certainly lots of women couldn't wait to be with him, he enjoyed the notoriety and didn't care what anyone thought of him- until the Las Vegas trial that is......:clap:
Casey has no conscience, so she could happily find someone to sponge off (one of the guys that keeps sending money to her jail account?) and doesn't care a hoot what anyone thinks of her. She has contempt for everyone else....

Some jerk will come along with some money and she'll be sheltered from the media. I would wonder if she could keep up with someone worldly because she is such a homegirl.

Well, I for one think KC and her lawyers would go on a media tour and do a book and try to make as much money as possible as quick as they can-cause people will be so repulsed by them-the tour and book sales won't last long! She would be famous as the murderous who got away with it just like OJ! Then KARMA will have her turn-just like OJ!:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay