what else was going on surrounding the time Haleigh went missing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could someone please explain to me what mud bogging is? Why are pulling hooks needed? Are animals involved? tia

i hope this doesn't prove me a 'redneck' (lol) but mudbogging is either in trucks/atv riding through the mud -- slinging mud, doing donuts, etc. hooks on your vehicles would be to pull or be pulled out of the mud if you got stuck. should not involve animals

i hope this doesn't prove me a 'redneck' (lol) but mudbogging is either in trucks/atv riding through the mud -- slinging mud, doing donuts, etc. hooks on your vehicles would be to pull or be pulled out of the mud if you got stuck. should not involve animals

Thank you oozer for explaining that to me. I had never heard about that before. And they do this for fun???

I'm starting to see too many posts without links. If you cannot link to an accepted source for the information it cannot be posted.

Please clean up any rumors or information for which you cannot provide a link.

:eek: Grandmaj, I got links! :eek: Please give me time to find them. :eek:

Can someone who lives near the area where the major players in the HaLeigh case live provide some information about the weather at that time? I've been to FL many times in late January-early February and know that it gets dark in the early evening and can become quite cool even when it's been warm and sunny during the day.

Surely, it had to be dark while Misty and the children were having dinner on the porch at 7-7:30 when GGS and someone else stopped by with clean clothes for the children. Was it warm enough to be eating outdoors then? Was it usual for the children to have dinner so late if HaLeigh had to be in bed at 8:00 because she had school the following day?

I'd really like to know more about the weather around the time that HaLeigh went missing. Thanks.

Can someone who lives near the area where the major players in the HaLeigh case live provide some information about the weather at that time? I've been to FL many times in late January-early February and know that it gets dark in the early evening and can become quite cool even when it's been warm and sunny during the day.

Surely, it had to be dark while Misty and the children were having dinner on the porch at 7-7:30 when GGS and someone else stopped by with clean clothes for the children. Was it warm enough to be eating outdoors then? Was it usual for the children to have dinner so late if HaLeigh had to be in bed at 8:00 because she had school the following day?

I'd really like to know more about the weather around the time that HaLeigh went missing. Thanks.

From a reliable source:

U.S. Naval Observatory (NOAA)

The following information is provided for Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida

Monday, 9 February 2009

Sunset 6:10 p.m.

End civil twilight 6:35 p.m.

Weather: high 74 low 39

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/index.php

Thank you oozer for explaining that to me. I had never heard about that before. And they do this for fun???

yes, it's supposed to be. never been myself. men, trucks, mud, and beer...........

yes, it's supposed to be. never been myself. men, trucks, mud, and beer...........

Me? I'd perfer tea sandwiches and tea with lemon. After I've dulled myself out I'd take a vodka martini (with three olives please.)

Thanks again, oozer.

There was a drug store robbery (I don't know if they ever caught the person who robbed it).

I found the link (gee, that didn't take long :crazy:):

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/money/...149991&catid=3

PALATKA, Fla. -- A man who police said robbed a Winn-Dixie pharmacy over the weekend is still at large.

The thief took 1,300 OxyContin pills from the store on State Road 19 around 9:30 Sunday morning, according to Asst. Chief James Griffith of Palatka Police.

(full story at the link)

from what I understood, Hank actually gave Tommy the money, & then Tommy sold the truck. which if true, caused some major tension, I'd guess.

Lien is public record that Hank JR owed more than 13,000 to Ford Motor Credit mid 2008. Car was registered in Hank jr's name and the address given was Sunglow.

Was it sold or was it re-possessed?

Lien is public record that Hank JR owed more than 13,000 to Ford Motor Credit mid 2008. Car was registered in Hank jr's name and the address given was Sunglow.

Was it sold or was it re-possessed?

Good question. From the info u just stated it would seem much more likely that it was repossessed rather than Tommy selling it. The only reason I had the idea that Tommy sold it was per Misty in the LVA. She says that Dad(Hank Sr.) supposedly gave a certain amount of money with intentions of Sr. buying it[red truck] off of Jr., and then, according to Misty, Tommy sold it right out from under his dad(and her facial expressions when stating this are very serious&seemingly angry)... If infact this did occur(Sr. paying Jr. money with intent of buying red truck from Tommy) then I wonder if Hank Sr. was even aware at just how very far behind Tommy was on truck loan. I tend to believe this may have been the case, as it seems Tommy was quite in the habit of lies, thievery, etc, atleast during this time(i.e. heavy drug use)

Back on topic please........... things that happened at the time of Haleigh's disappearance. I do not want the thread to go tilt....

With regard to the truck there are lots or rumors out there. I'm going to link to the only article I have found that is linkable to WS. If there is another that is allowed here, go ahead and link. No rumors please from other sources.

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/confirmed-misty-cummings-is-a-liar/

snip:

In the voice analysis interview, Misty points fingers at her brother Tommy, saying he raped her as a child, and could have done something to Haleigh. She then says people claim they saw a red truck near the house that night (we know Tommy was there smoking marijuana earlier that evening). Tommy drove a red truck that he sold after Haleigh disappeared. The day after the interviews, more at article........

Back on topic please........... things that happened at the time of Haleigh's disappearance. I do not want the thread to go tilt....

With regard to the truck there are lots or rumors out there. I'm going to link to the only article I have found that is linkable to WS. If there is another that is allowed here, go ahead and link. No rumors please from other sources.

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/confirmed-misty-cummings-is-a-liar/

snip:

In the voice analysis interview, Misty points fingers at her brother Tommy, saying he raped her as a child, and could have done something to Haleigh. She then says people claim they saw a red truck near the house that night (we know Tommy was there smoking marijuana earlier that evening). Tommy drove a red truck that he sold after Haleigh disappeared. The day after the interviews, more at article........

Er...Grandmaj, did she actually say raped? I thought she said he messed with her, no?

i'm not from the area but here's a link for the weather in palatka that day. if u scroll to the bottom it actually has a 'play-by-play' throughout the day.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLPALAT3&month=2&day=9&year=2009

i'm not from the area but here's a link for the weather in palatka that day. if u scroll to the bottom it actually has a 'play-by-play' throughout the day.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLPALAT3&month=2&day=9&year=2009

Wow! Talk about too much information - LOL! :D

Actually, this leads to something else that was going on when HaLeigh went missing: There was a repairman at the mobile home to check the air conditioner. Given that the temperatures weren't overly hot during the day, I wonder if they had really needed A/C. With lower temperatures overnight, wouldn't they have needed heat? jmo

It was very cold to have children eating on the porch... mo

Wow! Talk about too much information - LOL! :D

Actually, this leads to something else that was going on when HaLeigh went missing: There was a repairman at the mobile home to check the air conditioner. Given that the temperatures weren't overly hot during the day, I wonder if they had really needed A/C. With lower temperatures overnight, wouldn't they have needed heat? jmo

BetteDavisEyes

i agree, they weren't in need of the a/c but probably of the heat. Most A/C units here in FL, are A/C and Heat combined. (not sure how A/C's are everywhere else) repairman might have been there just on a routine service call. Then again, he could have been there to get some drugs, who knows at this point?

I just think it is odd to have the children on the porch eating dinner in that temp, i live in south FL(close to Miami), it doesn't get as cold here, but in the central of the state it gets really chilly.

JMO :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back