what else was going on surrounding the time Haleigh went missing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was very cold to have children eating on the porch... mo

I think so, too. I wonder what the children were wearing. I would also like to know exactly why they were eating dinner outdoors, holding their plates in their laps. I'm surprised that we never heard a comment about this from GGS who said that she stopped by with clean clothes at 7-7:30. Did she tell Misty that it was too cold for the children to be outdoors? Something hinky about much of what we've been told went on in the late afternoon/early evening hours prior to HaLeigh's disappearance. jmo

I think so, too. I wonder what the children were wearing. I would also like to know exactly why they were eating dinner outdoors, holding their plates in their laps. I'm surprised that we never heard a comment about this from GGS who said that she stopped by with clean clothes at 7-7:30. Did she tell Misty that it was too cold for the children to be outdoors? Something hinky about much of what we've been told went on in the late afternoon/early evening hours prior to HaLeigh's disappearance. jmo
I believe you have hit the nail on the head there, Bette. HINKY. I had thought, once the interview of Annette came out where she came across as very defensive and angry (the "that's a crock" interview) that the whole visit was a lie. After reading many people's ideas here, now I wonder. It could have been for a much more unfortunate reason that Annette went by the house, if she did at all before 3:30am or so on (2/10/09).

From the very beginning, Misty listed off (as if by rote) to interviewers WHO was there that afternoon and evening. NOT once was Annette Syke's visit mentioned. So, I assumed it was something the family cooked up later to cover a few things: An alibi for Ron: He was a work when Annette went by.:waitasec: Another reason: To cover for any idea that the children had been left alone, that Misty wasn't there. Maybe, the biggest reason for this story is to instill the idea that around 7:00 pm on Monday, February 9, 2010, HaLeigh was alive, HaLeigh was FINE. :croc:

I wonder, did any neighbor tell LE that her car, or another car, belonging to the someone she was with, was at Ron's that evening? I doubt it. The way Annette so forcefully, so angrily, just blurted out; "because I was there!" to the reporters, I wonder, was this the first LE heard of the visit?

As most of the stories being told about that day, evening, and early morning have multiple versions, as told by Ron, Misty, Teresa, and Annette, it is hard to know the truth, which is frustrating and seems to be working as a tactic for them.

So, in conclusion, HINKY=LIES, and there are a lot of LIES and deliberate manipulations of perception surrounding the time that the crime against HaLeigh occurred.

MY OPINIONS

It was very cold to have children eating on the porch... mo

Too cold to have children eating on the porch at 58-59 degrees for sure. As a "Southern Weather Wussy" I can tell you, anything around 60 is cold to most of us. My husband turns on the heat at 60. It sounds ridiculous, but we aren't used to cold weather.

Did Annette Sykes say the children were without shirts? Where did that come from? THAT, I do not believe if the weather chart is correct.

BTW, great find on the weather site Oozer. I would have guessed in the 60's, but it was dropping below 60 around 7:00 in the evening.

Ron & Misty had a huge blow up, where he reportedly beat her up. Misty had a wild weekend that reportedly included WBG, Nay Nay, a group of Mexican men, another girl, drugs, prostitution... Ron tried to get in touch with Misty, but she refused his calls. He dumped her clothes on Nay Nay's lawn. She went back to the trailer. It was reported that she looked worn out & smacked Jr. at the busstop.
Joe was in town.
Linsey was going to school.
A lot of the perifial players were involved in wrecks. Ron was driving like a cracker.
Either TN offered to pay Misty to babysit, or Misty offered TN money....

Dodie, There's no question, TN offered Misty money to babysit.

Misty did NOT want to babysit Ron's children..Misty did NOT offer TN any money to babysit Rons kids....Ron and TN was pressuring M. to babysit....doesn't make any sense M. would pay them to babysit their kids....when she had said NO several times.

remember R. had cursed her, beat her up and threw her out with her cloths . Misty was very upset by this and had spent the weekend with NayNay and Greg because of what Ron had said and did to her.

Two witnesses to Misty picking up Haleigh at the bus stop in the van yet, Ron says he picked her up. No witnesses to that other than Ron.

On NG, Chelsea stated that the last time she saw Haleigh was when she got off the bus and ran and got into RC's car. She said something about her daughter blowing kisses at Haleigh, but nobody got to talk to Haleigh.

Er...Grandmaj, did she actually say raped? I thought she said he messed with her, no?

LOL, I can remember when I started dating and Mama would tell me, "Now, don't you let that boy "mess" with you. I think it is a country old fashioned way of saying "try to have sex with you".

On NG, Chelsea stated that the last time she saw Haleigh was when she got off the bus and ran and got into RC's car. She said something about her daughter blowing kisses at Haleigh, but nobody got to talk to Haleigh.

JMO, but I don't trust anything Chelsea says. She is very, very tight with Misty and would support anything and everything Misty told her. She would also say anything to point the finger of suspicion away from Timmy and herself. She is one of the first to cast suspicion onto Joe with her story about the van being moved, scratched and that Joe was dressed that morning when they got up.

1. Ron Cummings was drug trafficking and his criminal history indicates he was charged with drug possession in 2002 & 2004,

“Hank said that he regularly gets prescription pills from Ronald, including xanex and roxicet.”
“He was charged with drug possession in 2002 and 2004, both times after drugs were found with him in cars. Charges were never prosecuted, according to court records.”

2. Ron possessed muscle relaxants which make your body go limp,

“Hank would not identify his son, but he said that his son later told him that he identified the pill as a muscle relaxant,” the deputy wrote.

3. Two men alleged Ron Cummings intended to harm them,

“Hank said that he was in a coma for four (4) days following the incident, and believes that Ronald provided the pill to him with the intent to harm him….He believes that Ronald Cummings was trying to kill him.”

“Ron Cummings was arrested after a Crescent City man said he was threatened at a stoplight and told he would be killed.”

4. Misty moved in with Ronald and learns Crystal Sheffield owed Ron $12,000 for child support. Misty wanted to take steps to separate Amber from her son for neglecting to provide for her son’s needs and Crystal did not pay child support to pay for her children’s needs.

5. Crystal Sheffield’s lost her visitation rights with her daughter HaLeigh while she was under her father’s care and Crystal owed Ronald a large sum of money for child support.
($12,000). Since HaLeigh disappeared, Ron received the money Crystal owed him in full. The children visit with Crystal every second weekend.

6. The reason Junior did not accompany Ron or Misty to the bus stop that particular afternoon to pick up HaLeigh raised a red flag. In the VA test, Misty said her and Ronald took a nap when they returned home Monday morning and we assume Junior did too, therefore we suspect Ron and Misty purposely kept Junior home which means Misty is lying and is aware of what Ronald is up to.

7. In the 911 call, Misty states “our daughter is missing” which makes me suspect Ron and Misty are divided against Crystal and she is their enemy.

8. Misty moved in with Ronald at the end of 2008, and two months later Joe Overstreet, a close relative of Misty’s, made arrangements to spend 1 month in Satsuma and leave after HaLeigh was gone. Ron and Joe had secret meetings and there was a reported sighting of HaLeigh in TN where Joe lives in Antioch shortly after she went missing.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/04/27/exclusive-ronald-cummings-tried-to-kill-me/

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...ed_ronald_and_misty_lost_their_way_long_ago_1

i'm not from the area but here's a link for the weather in palatka that day. if u scroll to the bottom it actually has a 'play-by-play' throughout the day.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLPALAT3&month=2&day=9&year=2009

Something hokie with that temp. If you put any date of that month in the box it comes up with the same temp. It must be a set number being that it was probably archeived??? I recall it being much cooler that day! Try it, you'll see what I mean.

I could be wrong but I don't recall NG asking Chelsy IF she saw Haleigh on the 9th of February. NG just asked when was the last time you saw Haleigh.; no specific date was mentioned... I don't recall Chelsy stating the last time she saw Haleigh was on the 9th of February either..JMO

Dodie, There's no question, TN offered Misty money to babysit.

Misty did NOT want to babysit Ron's children..Misty did NOT offer TN any money to babysit Rons kids....Ron and TN was pressuring M. to babysit....doesn't make any sense M. would pay them to babysit their kids....when she had said NO several times.

remember R. had cursed her, beat her up and threw her out with her cloths . Misty was very upset by this and had spent the weekend with NayNay and Greg because of what Ron had said and did to her.
I agree that TN offering Misty money, makes more sense, but I have heard both versions. It's possible that Misty, desperate to get back to her partying, offered a lot of people money, & maybe she knew that TN was short on cash? IDK, but either way, it was kind of obvious that Misty didn't want to babysit, & wasn't fit to. Somebody else should've done it. Too bad they all wanted her there. But this does make me wonder...if Misty really was desperate to get back out, how far would she go? LE has said they don't think she was there, so did she talk someone else into babysitting? leave the kids alone? I've never really thought she would do that, but Gmaw Flora seemed pretty confident that it was Misty, doing the offering. If she did leave, why not just say so?

Back on topic please........... things that happened at the time of Haleigh's disappearance. I do not want the thread to go tilt....

With regard to the truck there are lots or rumors out there. I'm going to link to the only article I have found that is linkable to WS. If there is another that is allowed here, go ahead and link. No rumors please from other sources.

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/confirmed-misty-cummings-is-a-liar/

snip:

In the voice analysis interview, Misty points fingers at her brother Tommy, saying he raped her as a child, and could have done something to Haleigh. She then says people claim they saw a red truck near the house that night (we know Tommy was there smoking marijuana earlier that evening). Tommy drove a red truck that he sold after Haleigh disappeared. The day after the interviews, more at article........
thanks for that article, but it did raise a few questions. 1st of all, the writer did say rape...was that his interpretation, or did he hear that? I can see someone, publicly saying 'messed with', (when talking about a brother), even if it was rape. also, about that truck...since Misty & Ronald accompanied Miller to the new owner's location, I guess it's safe to say that Misty wasn't the only one, withholding that information, from LE. I would guess that a lot of people knew who the new owner was, (including the new owner). I'm really surprised, (shocked), that LE hadn't already figured that one out. also, did Tommy have an RO on Misty? I never heard that. Here, in my neck of the woods, the courts don't allow counter charges, ROs, etc...it's whoever gets to them 1st. also, I was a little surprised to read the GGS, throwing her through the window quote. I've suspected that it was her, (since Ron & Misty were living with her), that actually pushed for that test. Also, it makes me feel a liitle more sure that GGS wasn't involved. This article, including the title, plays up Misty's lieing, while playing down everyone else's. I'd like to see a more in depth journalistic investigation, into why in the world, some of these other people, would feel the needto lie.

thanks for that article, but it did raise a few questions. 1st of all, the writer did say rape...was that his interpretation, or did he hear that? I can see someone, publicly saying 'messed with', (when talking about a brother), even if it was rape. also, about that truck...since Misty & Ronald accompanied Miller to the new owner's location, I guess it's safe to say that Misty wasn't the only one, withholding that information, from LE. I would guess that a lot of people knew who the new owner was, (including the new owner). I'm really surprised, (shocked), that LE hadn't already figured that one out. also, did Tommy have an RO on Misty? I never heard that. Here, in my neck of the woods, the courts don't allow counter charges, ROs, etc...it's whoever gets to them 1st. also, I was a little surprised to read the GGS, throwing her through the window quote. I've suspected that it was her, (since Ron & Misty were living with her), that actually pushed for that test. Also, it makes me feel a liitle more sure that GGS wasn't involved. This article, including the title, plays up Misty's lieing, while playing down everyone else's. I'd like to see a more in depth journalistic investigation, into why in the world, some of these other people, would feel the needto lie.
& one more thing about that truck...how did Lisa manage to get it in her name?

I agree that TN offering Misty money, makes more sense, but I have heard both versions. It's possible that Misty, desperate to get back to her partying, offered a lot of people money, & maybe she knew that TN was short on cash? IDK, but either way, it was kind of obvious that Misty didn't want to babysit, & wasn't fit to. Somebody else should've done it. Too bad they all wanted her there. But this does make me wonder...if Misty really was desperate to get back out, how far would she go? LE has said they don't think she was there, so did she talk someone else into babysitting? leave the kids alone? I've never really thought she would do that, but Gmaw Flora seemed pretty confident that it was Misty, doing the offering. If she did leave, why not just say so?

My understanding is grandma Flo got that information from someone on the net (twitter).. The person who told grandma Flo that story also told Grandma Flo to bring it up on NG... And my understanding is the person who told grandma Flo that story got the story bass ackwards..She misunderstood ..So IMHO grandma Flo didn't know what she was talking about..JMO

Just wanted to comment that Tommy wasn't the only one with a red truck. Teresa Neves also drove a red truck at the time of Haleigh disappearing. Also, Ron's aunt wasn't the only "nurse" at the time either. There is another almost a nurse in this case as well. Lindsy Croslin was just before getting her LPN license. Lindsy has commented that she ate dinner with Misty that evening. Makes me wonder if this could be an excuse for being over at the MH that evening. She also commented that she had to go to school that evening and that Tommy cooked. Tommy was also supposed to have been at the MH smoking pot with Misty. Multiple choice quizz. Stories have changed so much..............:waitasec:
For the longest time we were all trying to figure out who "we" was in GGMS's comment about "we" went by to drop off laundry and Teresa sent a relative over to check on the children............ Could the other person in the "we" event be "Aunt Lindsy" instead of Aunt Elisa? I haven't heard the name spoken very clearly until Misty clarified it for us.........................LOL.
It was reported that a red truck was seen parked near the railroad tracks. It was also reported that the dogs tracked Haleigh to the railroad tracks. Ironic isn't it? Maybe the trail ended because Haleigh was put into the truck and taken away. Whose truck?

ETA: Links

Teresa Neves’ red pickup truck:

http://www.artharris.com/2009/03/17...e-for-guilty-people-misty-cummings-exclusive/

Tommy’s red truck:

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/20602572/index.html

Annette Sykes comment about “we went by”

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18742867/detail.html

I'm not trying to be funny about a serious situation but maybe the writer was trying to write in a professional way and "messed with" just didn't fit, KWIM?:waitasec:

Lien is public record that Hank JR owed more than 13,000 to Ford Motor Credit mid 2008. Car was registered in Hank jr's name and the address given was Sunglow.

Was it sold or was it re-possessed?

JMO but it was probably close to being repossessed and one of Tommy's "friends" offered to keep the payments up if Tommy would let them have it and keep it in Tommy's mother's name because that "friend" couldn't get it financed..............this happens a lot although probably illegal in some way. Kinda like Tommy financing it for the "friend" when Tommy didn't own it.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back