What facts point to Kaine's lack of involvement in Kyron's disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with your assessment of Kaine's persona. Kaine has moved into work mode for Kyron’s case and has made LE his new Intel. Managing the family side of Kyron’s case is his new job. I’m guessing he works off a constantly refined plan and makes to-do lists daily with his whole team. The first thing he does every morning is call LE to see what they need him to do that day.

I respectfully disagree that Kyron's father should abdicate these responsibilities to Desiree. He is Kyron's father, and custodial father, after all. His place is right there, with Kyron's mother.

Kaine seems willing (and is likely capable) to organize and lead & handle uncomfortable conflicts. By taking those responsibilities, he frees up Desiree as the sympathetic face, heartfelt and genuine voice for Kyron and his family. His administrative role lets Desiree be her maternal self - just Desiree.

And we agree - that that is the best way to use Desiree. She does a great job.

IMO, this just a good business decision - dividing those tasks. Tony could be the group leader, perhaps, but there would only have been criticism about Kaine if he did.

In time Kaine & the press will figure this awkwardness out...they have to - for Kyron.

Finally, I think Kaine's stepping it up here in a leadership/organizational role is another fact which points to Kaine's lack of involvement in Kyron's disapearrance. Perps don’t ask the media to meet with them twice a week. Perps don't put themselves into the spotlight, especially if they are private people.

yes mods, smooth but sincere move there to stay on-topic. :D

HI there Ms. Emma! No doubt Kaine has gone into work mode and is approaching his missing son as he would a design flaw in one of his engineering projects. I wonder how long it will take him to realize that the management tactics he has been using are not effective? I would never give Kaine the credit for controlling LE and I won't give him the credit for managing conflict - he has created more turmoil and conflict than the other players combined. And I agree, except for the Ted Bundy''s of the world, most perps, with direct involvement, would not normally place him/herself in such a confrontational situation with the media and judgmental America. I doubt that speaks to his innocence in all aspects of this case.
moo mho

I wonder when Kaine will realize his game plan isn't working - most eyes are now on his divorce and RO. He has kicked out two major local papers that he will need and will have to rely on if this case should go cold. What works in the Intel work environment is not working here. IMO his designs are filled with spite and punishment, emotions that are, hopefully, unacceptable in the work environment at Intel.

I highly doubt Desiree would allow herself to be 'used' by Kaine, in any way. This would be the second time she will have lost Kyron in a situation with Kaine involved. Ms. Emmy, I just know you didn't mean it the way you wrote it.

No doubt in my mind Kaine is filled with grief. There are people who channel their grief into action because that's what makes them feel effective, and what they know how to do best - but come on, it's quite a distraction and imo not in the best interest of missing Kyron. He needs to give up the reign of his fleet and let others take it over...I believe he should allow Desiree more time and allow her to speak for the three of them "gulp". Quit the orchestration of events and get back to the basics of finding justice for Kyron "gulp". If Kaine can't do that - than I say it's time for him to retire or coach from the sidelines. moo mho

HI there Ms. Emma! No doubt Kaine has gone into work mode and is approaching his missing son as he would a design flaw in one of his engineering projects. I wonder how long it will take him to realize that the management tactics he has been using are not effective? I would never give Kaine the credit for controlling LE and I won't give him the credit for managing conflict - he has created more turmoil and conflict than the other players combined. And I agree, except for the Ted Bundy''s of the world, most perps, with direct involvement, would not normally place him/herself in such a confrontational situation with the media and judgmental America. I doubt that speaks to his innocence in all aspects of this case.
moo mho

I wonder when Kaine will realize his game plan isn't working - most eyes are now on his divorce and RO. He has kicked out two major local papers that he will need and will have to rely on if this case should go cold. What works in the Intel work environment is not working here. IMO his designs are filled with spite and punishment, emotions that are, hopefully, unacceptable in the work environment at Intel.

I highly doubt Desiree would allow herself to be 'used' by Kaine, in any way. This would be the second time she will have lost Kyron in a situation with Kaine involved. Ms. Emmy, I just know you didn't mean it the way you wrote it.

No doubt in my mind Kaine is filled with grief. There are people who channel their grief into action because that's what makes them feel effective, and what they know how to do best - but come on, it's quite a distraction and imo not in the best interest of missing Kyron. He needs to give up the reign of his fleet and let others take it over...I believe he should allow Desiree more time and allow her to speak for the three of them "gulp". Quit the orchestration of events and get back to the basics of finding justice for Kyron "gulp". If Kaine can't do that - than I say it's time for him to retire or coach from the sidelines. moo mho

oh dear.
You are correct, I did not mean to imply that Desiree is a pushover and is letting Kaine use her. Maybe I'll have to go back and fix something up there! :eek: I think "Team Kyron" knows that Desiree is their natural spokesperson. I think it's a good plan to let her be spokesperson, and to not bother her with the media admin junk, so she can keep focused with her heart. That's all I meant.

I'm rooting for "Team Kyron" to figure all this stuff out asap too. If not - they'll get some professional media help. Choice of Kaine's attny shows some good judgement on the team.

oh dear.
You are correct, I did not mean to imply that Desiree is a pushover and is letting Kaine use her. Maybe I'll have to go back and fix something up there! :eek: I think "Team Kyron" knows that Desiree is their natural spokesperson. I think it's a good plan to let her be spokesperson, and to not bother her with the media admin junk, so she can keep focused with her heart. That's all I meant.

I'm rooting for "Team Kyron" to figure all this stuff out asap too. If not - they'll get some professional media help. Choice of Kaine's attny shows some good judgement on the team.

:blowkiss:​

Carole, could you provide a link to that? I'm just trying to keep the info in the Who's Who up-to-date. TIA

In the Friday national news interviews, Desiree stated that she did not
know Terri before Kyron was born. They were not "friends" before they were introduced by Kaine.
ETA
Lost quote, but was referring to Post 150.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5364062&postcount=150"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - What facts point to Kaine's lack of involvement in Kyron's disappearance?[/ame]

ETA2
Looking in "current news" for Friday.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108322"]2010.07.02 ~ TODAY's CURRENT NEWS ***No discussions please*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If TH thought Kyron was in an unsafe environment, I think she would have talked to Kyron's mother and informed her of the problems, not kidnapped him.

I agree. Even IF KH was very controlling, it wouldn't be unusual for her to speak to Desiree on the phone. Just to me, that would have been the most logical and safest way to handle her concerns. But nothing surrounding Kyron's disappearance has been logical to me anyway.

JMHO as always.

I've been told it is in here.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rx3YHyQrM8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Still watching, but ... she says she did not know Terri before Kyron was born, but she does not say (in this video) that Kaine introduced them.

CharlestonGal transcribed:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5363497&postcount=256"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.06.19 ~ Kyron Horman's Blended Family[/ame]

Verbatim from 6:04:

Interviewer: "Despite the divorce, you seem - I mean, you knew Terri before Kyron was born, right?"

DY: "No,I did not.

Interviewer: "You didn't?"

DY: "No."

~snipped from Emma Peel ~
Noway, when you are done watching, will you come over and organize my house?

I'm on my way!

enavion.gif

I have watched all of the videos (including the one above) several times, and there is nothing in any of them that lead me to suspect that Kyron's dad has anything to do at all with Kyron's disappearance. Nothing.

As a matter of fact, I believe that both of Kryon's biological parents, along with Kyron's step-father, are desperate to find Kyron, and are doing all that they can think of to bring their son home.

I have read most of the posts in this thread with an open mind, and have come to the personal conclusion/opinion that Kyron's father is not involved, at all.

The only adult in this case exhibiting suspicious behavior, in my opinion, is the step-mother, Terri Horman. She seems to be the only one 'hiding out', avoiding the media, not co-operating with the authorities, etc. She is the only one that has been reported as being deceitful with the authorities.

At this point, I can say I stand behind Kaine, Desiree and Tony in their honest efforts to find Kyron 100%.

In a prior post I used a hypothetical of what I would do if my child went missing and things progressed to the point I couldn't be in denial anymore.

I am sharing a painful event that did happen to me years ago where my daughters were concerned but it wasn't my now ex-hubby. I rarely share this with anyone other than trusted close family/friends so it was something I felt you wondersleuther family might find helpful.

I too was subjected to horrific comments etc from his friends. They didn't know the whole story.
But to me it was all about my kids not what others that didn't have facts said.

It might show some insight as to why Desiree,Kaine and Tony are speaking out as they are.

Someone that I dated and loved and cherished was accused in a private therapy session, of possible molestation. I went thru a gambet of emotions! It was stated to me from second ONE by LE that I was NOT to tell him anything and if I did they would take all my minor children who were still in my home from me. :sick: They needed to investigate . It was the worst time of my life when I just cut him like an ax from that moment on and I couldn't even tell him why because no matter how I felt my childrens wellbeing was the ONLY thing that mattered! It was the first call I made telling him NOT to come to my home or talk to me as that's what I needed to do, LE told me this is what had to happen.It was never a question in my mind but LE/FBI work with this stuff everyday. I guess this is why I can totally get behind the investigation and actions that we see. I got a TRO/No contact order etc the next day.

My first and ONLY priorty was my children. I felt awful not being able to tell this man the if and whys at that point, but it was the only option for me! My children are my life.

anyway maybe this can give some explanation as to why LE/FBI are doing this case the way they are! :angel:

I have the worst poker face! I can say it all without uttering a single word! It was so hard to try to
not show something was wrong. I am so grateful I don't lie because I suck at it! I'm a dead give away!

... My first and ONLY priorty was my children. I felt awful not being able to tell this man the if and whys, but it was the only option for me! My children are my life.

anyway maybe this can give some explanation as to why LE/FBI are doing this case the way they are! :angel:

I have the worst poker face! I can say it all without uttering a single word! It was so hard to try to not show something was wrong. I am so grateful I don't lie because I suck at it! I'm a dead give away!

Respectfully snipped by me ...

Thank for you sharing. I can't even imagine what that must have been like. Besides the part about your inside view of what may be going on behind the scenes, your post reminded me that I shouldn't be so quick to judge when I don't know the facts. I guess my previous job knowledge just went into overdrive, and I hope this is a completely different scenario that has a positive outcome sooner rather than later.

:hug:
Respectfully snipped by me ...

Thank for you sharing. I can't even imagine what that must have been like. Besides the part about your inside view of what may be going on behind the scenes, your post reminded me that I shouldn't be so quick to judge when I don't know the facts. I guess my previous job knowledge just went into overdrive, and I hope this is a completely different scenario that has a positive outcome sooner rather than later.

Thank You Newsmuse.:hug:
I felt because of Kyron's Case I could muster up enough courage to tell about it here. I wouldn't have felt right if I didn't share a little insight I experienced first hand. As always we want Kyron home!:praying:

I think he was very rude and direspectful to do that and file for divorce with out her knowing.As I said I'm tired of hearing about this whole thing.What are they doing to find little kyron.I won't discuss this any more.Lets move on please.It's ok to disagree.

But maybe he fully thought his wife was innocent until he talked to LE? I don't see what he did as rude and disrespectful, I see it as a man who believed in his wife and then came to realize she did something horrible to his son. I think he was shocked and surprised by what LE told him, and felt it was best to get his daughter, his only child left, to safety. He probably knew how this would go over but didn't care because his baby's safety means more to him than what people think about him.

I sometimes wonder what we'd be saying if he was still standing by Terri and supporting her, and then it comes out that she did do something horrible. I bet we'd hear criticism for Kaine not doing something sooner to get his baby away from her. But it's too soon right now for him to have done just that?

I think the only thing Kaine is guilty of is making the bad choice to bring Terri into Kyron's life. And I think that eats at Kaine everyday, knowing that Terri did this because he married her and he allowed her to be part of Kyron's life. He ignored warning signs, and now look what happened. At least he's not trying to cover up what she did and lie to police like the Anthony parents.

He's actually trying to do the right thing, but because he's not showing more emotion and letting his practical, organizational, engineer mentality to take over to deal with what has happened, apparently that makes him a controlling, wife framing, diabolical murderer that is trying to get away with a perfect crime.

I have not seen one iota of evidence that makes me think he had anything to do with this. What I have seen is terrible guilt that something has happened to his son, and Kaine trying control what is around him to override those guilty feelings and make himself feel like he can still bring his little boy home. He has not shown anything except that he loves his children with all of his heart, definitely more than the wife suspected of having done something horrible to Kyron.

I think he needs to be given the benefit of the doubt until actual evidence comes out against him. Then I will eat my words and gladly say I was wrong. And if he's so suspicious, we might as suspect Desiree and Tony. He's LE and would know how to circumvent forensics and know how a crime scene works. And they don't even live there, so it would be impossible to say that they couldn't have been there that morning.

IMO, the only person who looks guilty in this case is Terri. She is the one with suspcious actions and behaviors, and I think the majority of what she and her friends have said is lies that have fallen on their faces, or is meant to cast suspicion on Kaine. What else can TH do but try to make someone else look more guilty than she is?

IMHO I personally don't feel he thought that.I feel a man of character would not have went behind her back filling for divorce when she thought everything was ok.It's sounds very controlling to me.A power issue.I feel it was wrong.If he was so concerned about the welfare of his child why did he wait untill he filed divorce to say something.I personally and honestly have had enough of all this.What is everyone doing right now to find this little boy.Where is little Kyron?

If you were married to a person who you think did something to your child, would you care in the littlest tiniest bit what that person thought or felt?

Just came from the "Terri at the Gym" thread where I watched the gym visit video again. Both of them were at the gym and both of them dissed the reporter instead of getting word out there to keep looking for Kyron. Why didn't Dad speak up then, I wonder?

Because he believed his wife at the time.

Has Kaine ever spoken directly to Kyron in any form? Via media or interviews, etc...

It may not be Terri...she may be covering up for someone..(or Kaine thinks she might be)..that would still be enough for me to leave.

I think kaine has gone into work mode and is coming off as controlling because he is completely freaked out ... Being in work mode allows him to keep going and feel like he is doing something constructive, and acting 'controlling' allows him to feel like he is in control. When in reality the situation is completely out of control and theres nothing he can do to fix it. I think what were seeing is a guy who is usually in control of his life living through a total nightmare and desperately trying to keep it together.

JMO

Yeah, I'm not seeing Kaine as a guy who is the life of the party, but I don't see guilt here, at least not guilt as far as what happened to Kyron. He may have plenty of guilt feelings regarding his marriage and choice of step mom for Kyron. He may even have guilt about being custodial parent. But I think he is just a super Type-A fella and is trying to apply his corporate lessons to a situation that has no equal.

Re: Kaine being controlling.

I keep seeing batted about that either TH or KH (especially KH) in regards to J (Kyron's half-brother) that they "sent him away". Do we have any proof of that?

Like I mentioned in an earlier thread, I moved from one parent's house to another, but it was my choice. No one "sent me away". I think I'm having a trouble with the wording implying something sinister here. The situation with J may or may not have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance, but in all the blended families I know (none of whom are abusive or homicidal), a child might choose to live with a different parent, or everyone might get together and decide it was better for a child to live the other parent, grandparents, etc., but in no case was the child "sent away". That implies that the child was being punished. Maybe it's just economy of words. It's faster to say "J was sent to live with his bio-dad" than to say "the families decided that J would be better off living with bio-dad".

It's also possible J was acting out and needed a "time out" of sorts, but I think that's none of our business. Overall, in the absence of the rest of this circus, I'd would just think that the kid and his family might be having problems typical of raising a teenager and decided everyone needed a change of scenery.

OTH, my personality-disordered mother threatened to send me to the local juvenile lockup for not obeying her every whim--I was certainly not a delinquent, I just called BS on her delusional BS. These were just empty threats though.

Anyway, where does it say J was "sent away"? Links pretty please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member