What Got/Keeps You Involved in Caylee's Case?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What drew me to the case was KC's refusal to honestly assist LE.

I stay to see the day when justice will be served for Caylee.

cayleelittle.jpg

Yes, this was it for me too. The long and winding trip through Universal that ended with a thud. I thought she was guilty right then and there.

I have friends in Florida on another message board and they were talking about the case. I went looking for information so I could follow along and found this site. Once I read the interviews with all the players and learned about all the lies KC told, I was hooked. I'm just fascinated by the mind of a compulsive liar. It is so unfathomable to me that I just can't stop reading. What keeps me here is just that I just want to know the truth. I don't post here much but I log on almost every day and there's always a little part of me that thinks, "Maybe today will be the day KC confesses."

The first that I had read about this case was on FARK when Casey was first arrested. I heard the 31 days, pictures of Caylee and Casey, and after listening to the A's I felt a compulsion for Justice for Caylee. There was a link provided to Websleuths during the FARK discussion and I have been here ever since. I was not internet savvy and being a part of WS has taught me so much. I am also a survivor of a brutal kidnapping and rape by an escaped prisoner, so when the duct tape info came out about Caylee I finally felt validated that I could share what I knew that our Caylee went through as I too was duct taped. This case actually got me back into therapy to try and resolve my post traumatic stress issues. Knowing that advocating for the missing and deceased is something that I would like to get into. Having been a dental hygienist prior to my attack, I have not been able to continue that line of work. But needing to deal with my own demons that were left after my ordeal before I could help others. The unbelievable twists and turns in this case. The ability of stretching the truth by the defense and family just makes my stomach turn. Also, not one family member seeking justice for Caylee has left me feeling the need to help in this quest.

Wow, SD. You went through somekindahell. That your are finding a way back as a result of Caylee's ordeal is beyond encouraging. Thanks for being here w/ us. :hug:

I was half watching the news one day when the video of KC being led out in handcuffs with that blue hoodie came on. When she saw the cameras she almost smiled in response to their presence- at first I thought she was just surprised, but as she walked past them she smirked, she really enjoyed the attention.. . At that instant it was like a feeling of doom within me, I knew what she was. Her child was missing, but she was smirking. Everything I have read and watched since then only confirm what I thought. She killed her child.
Many web pages, videos, docs later I have never changed my mind for one nanosecond.

I saw Cindy on one of the American early morning shows and thought this lady is crazy, that opinion has never altered.

I had never seen a family member of a missing child behave, act and speak the way she did. I went on the internet and found Casey's first jail call home and was completely hooked ever since.

I saw the very first article about Caylee missing. There were a couple very brief ones, then I think the next morning Cindy was on the news. She was so shifty-eyed and nervous and came across deceptive to me. And I thought, this precious baby girl doesn't have her mom, and she doesn't have her grandma - she doesn't have anybody! I was horrified. What worse betrayal could there be after not having your mom, to not have your grandma either. I had a compelling urge to look out for this sweet little girl.

Since nobody in her family has stepped up to stand up for Caylee, that's why I'm still here - I still have that compelling urge to look out for this sweet little girl.

Babies and children are defenseless. They need us. If no one close to them looks out for them and stands up for them, then it's up to other adults to do so.

Unable to find the words to express what keeps me here. I'll borrow someone else's ;)

Soundtrack [ame="http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4289335/v2145896"]On The Turning Away on Yahoo! Video[/ame]

"On the turning away
From the pale and downtrodden
And the words they say
Which we won't understand
"Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The turning away"

It's a sin that somehow
Light is changing to shadow
And casting it's shroud
Over all we have known
Unaware how the ranks have grown
Driven on by a heart of stone
We could find that we're all alone
In the dream of the proud

On the wings of the night
As the daytime is stirring
Where the speechless unite
In a silent accord
Using words you will find are strange
And mesmerised as they light the flame
Feel the new wind of change

No more turning away
From the weak and the weary
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away?"

Sweet dreams, Sweet One.

I first became interested b/c Caylee bears/bore a striking resemblance to my GD (who was 3 in July '08.) She is my heart and I just can't imagine such a precious child being treated so savagely. The events and behavior of those involved were so strange, and only became stranger as time went on (and we never cease to be amazed!) Seeing and hearing the Anthony's on the news just fascinated me (in a Psychological way) and I quickly became 'addicted.' Finding Web Sleuths and all the incredible talent and insight here keeps me coming back to learn more. Deeply desiring Justice for Caylee is what keeps me involved.

I was following the Stacy Peterson case, and on a forum for it. The forum had alot of implosions and after awhile I left it and googled for another forum. At the same time I found Websleuths, I first saw Cindy on Greta...and I was hooked. The absolute gall of that woman, claiming to be exhausted, ready to collapse on Greta's program, if Greta asked her the wrong questions. I knew KC was guilty of murder as soon as I heard the 31 days, as I hope the jury will feel too.

And I remain, because a day does not go by without something strange and weird going on in the case. I have never seen anything like it.

Now I am hooked on WS, and spend way too much time here. :)

I hate to say what drew me to this case is KC's face but that is the truth. I was nursing my infan son in my room and I randomly looked up at the TV. Nancy Grace was on and they were showing KC's perp walk in the #82 Hoodie. The look on KC's face intrigued me and I immediately thought "what did she do" based on that look alone. Caylee is a few months younger than my own daughter. This is what drew me to the case. What keeps me here is I'm waiting to see KC pay and my love for Caylee and all that she stands for. OH and all of you wonderful people of course!

Me too MD Mommy - for me it was the 911 call and the perp walk with that look on her face - that weird excited look. Not scared, not sad, not apprehensive - excited......shudder.

Unable to find the words to express what keeps me here. I'll borrow someone else's ;)

Soundtrack On The Turning Away on Yahoo! Video

"On the turning away
From the pale and downtrodden
And the words they say
Which we won't understand
"Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The turning away"

It's a sin that somehow
Light is changing to shadow
And casting it's shroud
Over all we have known
Unaware how the ranks have grown
Driven on by a heart of stone
We could find that we're all alone
In the dream of the proud

As the daytime is stirring
Where the speechless unite
In a silent accord
Using words you will find are strange
And mesmerised as they light the flame
Feel the new wind of change

No more turning away
From the weak and the weary
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away?"

Sweet dreams, Sweet One.

If watching that video and the lyrics don't move you, you might want to check your pulse.

Thanks Bond.

you might have seen i like to post to caylee on the 'light a candle by your computer' thread. i dont know why i do it. maybe i really think where she is she can see all of our love for her. maybe it just makes me feel better. i've been told i obsess way too much about cases (and this is probably like number 4 on the list) but its better then not feeling anything at all imo.....

I am so very grateful to all who have responded on this thread. It's nice to just be able to share without debate or judgment huh? Interesting how many folks lurked for a long time because they were intimidated--shout outs and WELCOMES to all newer posters who have stopped by. I remember being seriously hesitant to push that "Submit Reply" button on my first post and how careful I was with my wording! A moment many of us seem to have experienced. I'm still careful with my wording (mostly) but the sleuthers here are topnotch, so smart and so welcoming, and a significant part of what keeps me coming back.

In the spirit of the thread and in the interest of full disclosure I want to add another piece that has kept me interested--it looks like DH and I may not be able to have children ourselves. And to know that someone could put their own child in bags and leave her in the woods to rot, when either of us would give a limb just for the chance of being able to raise a baby together..... well it chokes me up to say the least. I am only one of I'm sure thousands of people who would gladly have taken Caylee in and loved her, nurtured her, supported her--well, you get the picture. This case and HaLeigh's and all the too many others like it just break my heart. Too many Christmas morning pictures not taken. Too many prom pictures no one will ever take. Too many firsts--lost teeth, first pets, first cars, first dates, jobs, wedding photos--that will never exist. And for what? And why?

I am so very grateful to all who have responded on this thread. It's nice to just be able to share without debate or judgment huh? Interesting how many folks lurked for a long time because they were intimidated--shout outs and WELCOMES to all newer posters who have stopped by. I remember being seriously hesitant to push that "Submit Reply" button on my first post and how careful I was with my wording! A moment many of us seem to have experienced. I'm still careful with my wording (mostly) but the sleuthers here are topnotch, so smart and so welcoming, and a significant part of what keeps me coming back.

In the spirit of the thread and in the interest of full disclosure I want to add another piece that has kept me interested--it looks like DH and I may not be able to have children ourselves. And to know that someone could put their own child in bags and leave her in the woods to rot, when either of us would give a limb just for the chance of being able to raise a baby together..... well it chokes me up to say the least. I am only one of I'm sure thousands of people who would gladly have taken Caylee in and loved her, nurtured her, supported her--well, you get the picture. This case and HaLeigh's and all the too many others like it just break my heart. Too many Christmas morning pictures not taken. Too many prom pictures no one will ever take. Too many firsts--lost teeth, first pets, first cars, first dates, jobs, wedding photos--that will never exist. And for what? And why?

a bit o/t but have you considered adopting?

a bit o/t but have you considered adopting?

Wringing the last drops out of the fertility treatments and still fingers crossed there, but oh yes, more than considering adoption... We are going to be awesome parents to some as-yet unsuspecting child one way or another. (Or, if treatments finally come through for us as they did for my friend, perhaps more than one!) :crossfingers:

I became hooked when I saw Cindy's interview with Greta where she is so incredibly rude. I sat dumbfounded in front of the TV. I knew then this was some totally bizarre family situation then. I remember she told Greta not to ask "stupid" questions, when asked if she had ever met Zanny she replied that she hadn't met God but knew he existed and accused Greta of wanting her to fall out on air for ratings. After seeing that interview, I was hopelessly hooked.

OH man I'd forgotten about that one. How mad that makes me, to compare Zanny the insane alter ego of KC to God. :banghead:

I remember the Saturday after Caylee was (finally) reported missing and I switched on a news channel, I think it was Fox, and Cindy was talking about knocking on every door if she had to to find her grandchild. Being a grandmother I felt compassion. I really believed that her granddaughter was being hidden somewhere. Then the reports of the smell of decomp in the car came out and I knew the baby was gone. Then watching the behavior of KC while her daughter was missing came out. And the grandmother I felt so sorry for was defending her! WTH? Ray Charles could see that she did something to her daughter. If it was a movie no one could believe that anyone could think that KC was innocent. The plot would be too unbelievable. I think more then wanting to see KC convicted I want to see Cindy to admit that her daughter did this terrible thing.

I was sucked in from day 1. The story of her child being abducted and not telling anyone for 31 days. The 911 call also did it for me. I was like woah, woah, woah, I have to follow this one and find out where Caylee is. I'm still bothered there's been no trial, and Caysey is content to stay behind bars with her snacks and pen pals. Doesn't seem to bother her a bit does it? I sure hope it's televised, as I want to actually see justice served.

FOR CAYLEE!!!!

Mel

OH man I'd forgotten about that one. How mad that makes me, to compare Zanny the insane alter ego of KC to God. :banghead:

And don't forget the dog.

Q: any other person besides your daughter that has
told you that they have met or seen Zanny?

A: No, but Caylee talked about Zanny's dog

Didn't she say on one of her many interviews "just because I didn't see the dog, Caylee saw the dog, so there must be a dog.

Big stretch don't ya think.

Mel

Wringing the last drops out of the fertility treatments and still fingers crossed there, but oh yes, more than considering adoption... We are going to be awesome parents to some as-yet unsuspecting child one way or another. (Or, if treatments finally come through for us as they did for my friend, perhaps more than one!) :crossfingers:

good luck :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back