What Got/Keeps You Involved in Caylee's Case?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wringing the last drops out of the fertility treatments and still fingers crossed there, but oh yes, more than considering adoption... We are going to be awesome parents to some as-yet unsuspecting child one way or another. (Or, if treatments finally come through for us as they did for my friend, perhaps more than one!) :crossfingers:

Prayers said and wishing you the best luck! :hug:

Wringing the last drops out of the fertility treatments and still fingers crossed there, but oh yes, more than considering adoption... We are going to be awesome parents to some as-yet unsuspecting child one way or another. (Or, if treatments finally come through for us as they did for my friend, perhaps more than one!) :crossfingers:

BestofLuck25252Dpenny.gif

And thanks for making me smile this morning - it feels so good to hear people talking about wanting and cherishing children the way it was intended to be!!:angel:

I got pulled into the story the day of the bond hearing. I was reading the news online and saw an article on Fox about a mother who didn't report her child missing for 31 days. I was immediately incensed that someone could be that effed up (sorry). :furious:

I clicked on the article and there was video of CA and GA being interviewed, I believe, right after the bond hearing. They were in a hallway surrounded by media and I thought oh these poor grandparents, what they must be enduring. Because I have 2 granddaughters and I just couldn't even imagine.

And then CA opened her mouth. And GA tried to pull her away and tell her to shut up, and the rest was history.

And any shred of sympathy I originally had for them vanished. I couldn't believe that no one in that family wasn't even the slightest bit concerned about Caylee. And it made me sick.

I then backtracked and watched the bond hearings and the denial during them, and the gum chewing and I thought to myself, who are these people? Little did I know the worst was yet to come. And I watched Yuri testify about the smell of death and not one of them flinched. Not even the mother of the child.

I immediately wanted justice for that beautiful little girl because no one in the family seemed to care enough about her to want it. She was just a pawn they all used to benefit them when needed.

As sad as it is to say, she is in a much better place, because growing up with that family would have ruined her. I have no doubt.

All I want now, and still, is justice for Caylee. I want to see them all go down one by one. They are the most arrogant, selfish, disrespectful, deceitful, cold-hearted family I have ever seen in my life.

One would think that after seeing yourself on tv, behaving the way you are and being slammed with criticism constantly for the past 2 years, that one of them would have had an epiphany and said wow, my priorities are screwed up, I behaved badly, Lord please forgive me for losing sight momentarily of what should have mattered the most...Caylee.

Nope, not one of them.

That's what keeps me coming back. Justice for Caylee. When I was in Orlando last year, I visited the remains site and the memorial that was erected. I took pictures and every once in a while I look back at them and know that there's a world of people out there who have Caylee's back, and none of them even knew her.

It was heartbreaking and painful to see it in person and to know a Mom just tossed her baby into those woods and went out partying.

Un.freakin.believable.

you might have seen i like to post to caylee on the 'light a candle by your computer' thread. i dont know why i do it. maybe i really think where she is she can see all of our love for her. maybe it just makes me feel better. i've been told i obsess way too much about cases (and this is probably like number 4 on the list) but its better then not feeling anything at all imo.....

Me too KBL... me too...

I feel a connection to her there...

(BBM)

I think the video of KC when she was arrested with the blue hoodie (the one Amy bought, ahm) and that smirk on KC's face. She looked like she thought she'd pulled a fast one on the police. JMO

The perp walk got my attention, the fact that it is local to me and the Anthony family dynamics fascinate me endlessly. My husband always asks me what there is left to read about, but there is always more with this case.

The perp walk got my attention, the fact that it is local to me and the Anthony family dynamics fascinate me endlessly. My husband always asks me what there is left to read about, but there is always more with this case.

LOL Mine too!! I just tell him-"We're not even at trial yet! If you think this is bad-wait till next year!!":crazy:

I agree with all the posters here who have spouses that don't get it! My sweet hubs always asks me " Love, why do you read these horrible things, it only makes you sad". I have explained to him many times that my brief sadness is worth it to me if it helps find the answers that these innocent children so deserve. If there wasn't a place like WS, so many crimes against our sweetest angels wouldn't make the news. What the posters do here at WS amazes me daily. In cases like Caylee's, the child has no voice, and not a single family member is standing up and demanding her justice. Its unimaginable to me, having lost a child, I know first hand how soul deep that hurt is. I know I would have gone to hell and stayed if it meant I could have saved my son. I thought ( naive) that this emotion and depth of love was ingrained in every parent...I was so wrong. It redeems my faith knowing that Caylee has so many people here who will do whatever it takes to see her memory thrive, and her justice be served.

For me, I need to know the WHY. Why did she kill Caylee? Why did Darlie kill her sons? Why did Scott Peterson kill his wife and unborn son? Justice will come of not, but I want to try to analyze the why.

I agree with all the posters here who have spouses that don't get it! My sweet hubs always asks me " Love, why do you read these horrible things, it only makes you sad". I have explained to him many times that my brief sadness is worth it to me if it helps find the answers that these innocent children so deserve. If there wasn't a place like WS, so many crimes against our sweetest angels wouldn't make the news. What the posters do here at WS amazes me daily. In cases like Caylee's, the child has no voice, and not a single family member is standing up and demanding her justice. Its unimaginable to me, having lost a child, I know first hand how soul deep that hurt is. I know I would have gone to hell and stayed if it meant I could have saved my son. I thought ( naive) that this emotion and depth of love was ingrained in every parent...I was so wrong. It redeems my faith knowing that Caylee has so many people here who will do whatever it takes to see her memory thrive, and her justice be served.

f_s21hugs11m_dd1cc48.gif

And don't forget the dog.

Q: any other person besides your daughter that has
told you that they have met or seen Zanny?

A: No, but Caylee talked about Zanny's dog

Didn't she say on one of her many interviews "just because I didn't see the dog, Caylee saw the dog, so there must be a dog.

Big stretch don't ya think.

Mel

I think it was an even bigger stretch - if Caylee saw Zanny's dog, there must be a Zanny, or very close to that is what Cindy said.

I got pulled into the story the day of the bond hearing. I was reading the news online and saw an article on Fox about a mother who didn't report her child missing for 31 days. I was immediately incensed that someone could be that effed up (sorry). :furious:

I clicked on the article and there was video of CA and GA being interviewed, I believe, right after the bond hearing. They were in a hallway surrounded by media and I thought oh these poor grandparents, what they must be enduring. Because I have 2 granddaughters and I just couldn't even imagine.

And then CA opened her mouth. And GA tried to pull her away and tell her to shut up, and the rest was history.

And any shred of sympathy I originally had for them vanished. I couldn't believe that no one in that family wasn't even the slightest bit concerned about Caylee. And it made me sick.

I then backtracked and watched the bond hearings and the denial during them, and the gum chewing and I thought to myself, who are these people? Little did I know the worst was yet to come. And I watched Yuri testify about the smell of death and not one of them flinched. Not even the mother of the child.

I immediately wanted justice for that beautiful little girl because no one in the family seemed to care enough about her to want it. She was just a pawn they all used to benefit them when needed.

As sad as it is to say, she is in a much better place, because growing up with that family would have ruined her. I have no doubt.

All I want now, and still, is justice for Caylee. I want to see them all go down one by one. They are the most arrogant, selfish, disrespectful, deceitful, cold-hearted family I have ever seen in my life.

One would think that after seeing yourself on tv, behaving the way you are and being slammed with criticism constantly for the past 2 years, that one of them would have had an epiphany and said wow, my priorities are screwed up, I behaved badly, Lord please forgive me for losing sight momentarily of what should have mattered the most...Caylee.

Nope, not one of them.

That's what keeps me coming back. Justice for Caylee. When I was in Orlando last year, I visited the remains site and the memorial that was erected. I took pictures and every once in a while I look back at them and know that there's a world of people out there who have Caylee's back, and none of them even knew her.

It was heartbreaking and painful to see it in person and to know a Mom just tossed her baby into those woods and went out partying.

Un.freakin.believable.

you gave voice to what is always in the back of my mind.

where caylee is they can niether harm her physically nor warp her innocent mind anymore......

I got hooked on this case because of KC-A girl who had so many similarities to myself would choose this path. KC and I share a lot in common:

-Gave birth at 19 years old (or so) to a little girl
-Got agitated when mom would offer unsolicited advice, as if my mothering sucked.
-Wanted to be out with friends and smoke or drink "whatever was around"
-Found mothering a toddler to be overwhelming
-Thought I was hot

But at the same time, such stark differences:

-I had a job and my own place
-I did not blame my mom for my woes and would get over my pride as far as whether my mothering skills were in question
-My mother was not my babysitter, and I could not go out every night, not even close
-I never hurt my child in spite of a lot of frushtration
-I really was hot :)

It struck a chord in me that two people in such circumstances, KC and I, would end up taking such divergent paths in the face of the same challenges. I look down on KC: She couldn't handle it, and it made me angry that this person chose what she perceived to be the easy way out by harming Caylee. It pizzed me off that she is so weak, yet she kept this child! Caylee could be in a home with a mommy and daddy right now, being loved and comforted.

I also have stuck around because of the dynamics of her family-Wow! Who knew there were people out there that behave like this? It is a sociological (and pathological) study, for sure.

And Caylee. Sweet Caylee-To be so lucky to be blessed with such a beautiful and healthy child. KC will be missing out on a lot-Mine is now 12, and has given me beautfiful memories of outings together, First Communion, graduations, plays, and 12 awesome Christmas mornings. But you know, KC really doesn't deserve those things now, she trashed it all when she killed her daughter.

LOL Just Jayla re the I really was hot****! I also have a similar story - but I was 17 just going on 18 when I had my daughter. Much pressure re you are ruining your life dropping out of university, what do you know, blah blah. There is nothing in this world I would trade for the experience of sharing my daughter's childhood and "growing up" with her and the love I received from her in return can only be measured in heaven - it is so huge. So many beautiful memories of all those special events and just plain everydays.
And yes, it was tough slogging, and yes, sometimes I worked two jobs to manage - a small price to pay for the joy.

Many of us here may be here because we want to understand what happened. How can a young mother do this to her beautiful child? When we understand we may have the tools available to us to help prevent another mother from doing the same thing. Whether it's assuming custody of their small child, filing a report to authorities or just seeking professional help for the person with this condition. Once we know what to do we all can help and no matter how small the effort we can still try. It truly does take a village. jmo

Little O/T but the other day in Connecticut it was about 90 degrees and a mother ran into a shopping mall to get her eyebrows done leaving her infant in the car. Passerby's noticed the child and called 911. Mom was arrested. How many times has this mother done this? How many children die in a hot car every year and people continue to leave their children in cars unattended. It's against the law but parents still don't get it. This mom is a good example, her eyebrows were more important than her child.

well in this case it's not hard for me to understand how she could do it.

she's a sociopath.

while other mothers who murder children, either 'lost it' are plain old crazy, or whatever, casey had no empathy fo caylee, ever. she was usually a means to an end.......so ending her life meant little to her.

I started following this at the beginning when my then 12 year old daughter and I saw the story on the news. This is the conversation that followed:

DD: why can’t they make her tell where her daughter is?
Coco: because she doesn’t HAVE to
DD: but it’s her own daughter? Why doesn’t she want to help find her?
Coco: I don’t know
DD: Would you help find me
Coco: ‘til the day I die
DD: I’m glad I’m not HER daughter
Coco: I’m glad you are mine!

We both have been hooked since. She is 14 now.

I think the video of KC when she was arrested with the blue hoodie (the one Amy bought, ahm) and that smirk on KC's face. She looked like she thought she'd pulled a fast one on the police. JMO

She almost laughed, then checked herself, she must have realized how bad that would look. But she couldn't stop the smirk...

Finally coming out of lurker-ville to post after 2 years reading here, so I hope I do it right! :)

I'm another one who got hooked on the case because I related to KC initially, or thought I did. Her age is very close to mine, and reading her texts, Myspace and Facebook postings, and seeing her out having fun with friends struck a sort of eerie familiar chord. A few of my friends have babies right around Caylee's age, and I even held one friend's hand through multiple doctor visits while she concealed her pregnancy from her family for the first few months, just like KC did.

Combine all that with seeing the rest of the family...seeing the anger and grief all over the grandparents' faces in numerous media appearances, and then seeing them scramble to defend their daughter in the ensuing months while everything "snowballs"...I felt like if this could happen to them, it could happen to anybody. Looking at the pictures and video of beautiful Caylee, it's hard to fathom that a cloud would ever cross the sky over such a sweet little life. As time has gone on and the case has developed, I want to see justice done for her more and more every day.

I think back to what CA said at Caylee's memorial about how amazing it was that Caylee had brought thousands of strangers into one church to pray, and how she believed that Caylee's purpose was to teach us about having hope. Regardless of our differing backgrounds, lifestyles, beliefs or opinions, the smile of one innocent child has brought us together in one way or another. If this case has given us a moment's pause to appreciate our families, our freedom, our sanity, or caused us to hug our loved ones just a tiny bit closer, then I think Caylee has received at least a tiny portion of the honor her memory deserves. I can't think of a better reason to continue to come here than that. :)

She almost laughed, then checked herself, she must have realized how bad that would look. But she couldn't stop the smirk...

That's why this picture of Casey is my second favorite, only topped by the picture of her sobbing during Jeff Ashton's wonderful address to the court which finally broke Casey down where she belongs, begging, "Make him stop, make him stop!"

It's not going to stop, Casey, so buckle up, it's only going to get worse! I would say, "put on your big girl panties", but since Casey is already wearing jail issued undies and not Victoria Secret's like some of us free women are, she already wears big girl panties!

The link should work, but if not, it's picture #106. Not smirkin' now, are ya Casey? :woohoo:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-caylee-anthonypics-photos,0,5614814.photogallery

In the beginning...I so wanted to find her.
Now...it's all about Caylee.
We're her voice...if not us...then who?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20