What Got/Keeps You Involved in Caylee's Case?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Caylee's eyes - they were so loving, yet looked like they had seen more of life than they should have; in some of the pictures we have seen, they have looked so troubled. :( I will never hear 'You are my sunshine' without crying EVER again; never look at a roll of duct tape without sighing, or heart shape stickers without cringing.
I guess I'm also drawn to the cavalier approach toward the truth this family has - a morbid fascination I guess; it is unfathomable to me how people lie without thinking twice. They've destroyed themselves to avoid facing the truth. The whole thing is so frustrating and sad.

Saw it on Nancy Grace ( I know I know) and could not get reliable and informed information so I went searching and I found websleuths. The best information and debate came from here so I stayed..Caylee deserves it. I really appreciate the lawyers on the board as they are most informative and accurate.

I joined here because of Caylee. I hardly post but I read daily.

The same holds true for me. I live on the Space Coast and our local coverage was so intense in the beginning and subsequently with anything new that comes up.

Caylee...that precious face brought me here.
luv.gif

I stay because this is a well-moderated forum with intelligent posters and a wealth of resources.

It breaks my heart everytime I see a courtroom video. Not a single one of those who profess their love and claim Caylee was the light their lives are sitting on the side of the State. The only people sitting on the SA side are total strangers to Caylee. It feels like she has been abandoned, even in death. I understand the dilemma of GA & CA having to choose between their daughter and granddaughter. It doesn't matter how much logic I apply, I still feel that precious child deserves more loyalty from those she knew and loved. I feel the need to support Linda Drane Burdick, Jeff Ashton, Yuri Melich, et al...who are fighting for justice for Caylee.

What keeps me following this case....I ask myself that question everyday.

The 31 days got me.... I don't even live in the US and this particular case jumped out at me and I decided to follow up and read what this mother's excuse was for not calling LE to report her missing child. Then the thing that kept me glued to the case was the search for Caylee. That question, Where is Caylee?, kept me glued to the case. I would check daily, after work, before work, have they found precious Caylee. When they found her, I needed to keep following to hopefully find some answers. Since then its just been one thing after another, I need to see it through but there never seems to be a conclusion.

I guess thats what keeps me here now, that and I've formed some friendships and I like to read what others feel and think and theorize about the case. Its a community.
But mostly I pray for the end of this case. Not to forget Caylee, I will always remember her. It isnt just justice I pray for.
Answers, closure and justice.
These are the things that keep me here, day in day out.

I got hooked on this case because of KC-A girl who had so many similarities to myself would choose this path. KC and I share a lot in common:

-Gave birth at 19 years old (or so) to a little girl
-Got agitated when mom would offer unsolicited advice, as if my mothering sucked.
-Wanted to be out with friends and smoke or drink "whatever was around"
-Found mothering a toddler to be overwhelming
-Thought I was hot

But at the same time, such stark differences:

-I had a job and my own place
-I did not blame my mom for my woes and would get over my pride as far as whether my mothering skills were in question
-My mother was not my babysitter, and I could not go out every night, not even close
-I never hurt my child in spite of a lot of frushtration
-I really was hot :)

It struck a chord in me that two people in such circumstances, KC and I, would end up taking such divergent paths in the face of the same challenges. I look down on KC: She couldn't handle it, and it made me angry that this person chose what she perceived to be the easy way out by harming Caylee. It pizzed me off that she is so weak, yet she kept this child! Caylee could be in a home with a mommy and daddy right now, being loved and comforted.

I also have stuck around because of the dynamics of her family-Wow! Who knew there were people out there that behave like this? It is a sociological (and pathological) study, for sure.

And Caylee. Sweet Caylee-To be so lucky to be blessed with such a beautiful and healthy child. KC will be missing out on a lot-Mine is now 12, and has given me beautfiful memories of outings together, First Communion, graduations, plays, and 12 awesome Christmas mornings. But you know, KC really doesn't deserve those things now, she trashed it all when she killed her daughter.

I was taking a nap on the couch and the TV was on.....I had a dream and did not know who it was about and when I woke up the BOND hearing was beginning and when I saw KC's smiling...I thought OMG this is what I just dreamed of....

I had to get up and throw up because of my dream.

Anytime I read about a child who is the victim of a crime, it stops me in my tracks.

In the beginning, of course it was about Caylee, so innocent and defenseless.

But, what has kept me so intrigued, in addition to need for justice for this sweet baby girl, is the complete arrogance of the entire Anthony family. It’s become an "us against them" battle for me. I want them to be shown for what they are, and understand that everybody knows, and that they fooled no one.

Just last night I watched a crime show where a father compelled his son to tell the truth about their involvement in a murder. The fathers reasoning – it was right thing to do. He said he loved his son, but he made him call the police and tell them what he had done. The son was later convicted of murdering his GF. So far, with regard to the Anthony's, we've not seen “the right thing” happen.

During Cindy’s initial phone calls to 911, I don’t think she grasped the magnitude of what was done to Caylee. But within an hour of her 911 calls, when she had a house full of LE, who were not going away until they found Caylee, did Cindy put it all together. How could they so easily shut off any love they had for Caylee and place their unwavering loyalty and support to KC? How does one do that and ignore everything that is right in front of them?. There is not an honorable bone in any of their bodies. They had every opportunity to do the right thing, and they choose not to do it.

I look forward to the words, “guilty of murder in the 1st degree” leaving the jury foreman’s mouth. Its then I’ll know that the right thing has finally happened.

The expectation that you can tell one lie after another and expect to get away with it just because you have this "hot bod" and a silly smirk on your face!!!!!!!!

Truth and justice go hand-in-hand.

Justice... in a nutshell.. I have always believed in the fair trial system. It is a fact finding mission so we can make sure we get the right person. To get the wrong person, we end up with a good citizen in jail and a bad citizen left on the streets. It seems like double the yield in good vs bad on the streets. It is very important to me that the people I elect get it right. I am not as emotional as most on this forum. If Kc did it, then I want her to do LWOP. However, I want all the facts on the table so the Jury can make the right decision. The foundation that the founders set in place means a lot to me. This is what got me here and this is what keeps me here.

Full disclosure- Advocating for victims of crime is what brought me here and what will keep me here.

They say “Eyes are the windows of the soul.” The sweet temperament, innocence, curiosity and kindness reflected in Caylee’s eyes is what captured my heart. I have advocated for victims of crime for a long time but Caylee is special to me and I will carry her memory with me forever. She represents the innocence lost because of monsters in our society. I want the whole truth of what happened to her, if she suffered I want it revealed and known, I want her killer to be punished severely, I want justice for her.

Before this case, I never looked at TV - never took interest in things of this nature but one day I walked past my daughter's TV and this story had just came out and I stood and watched the news. I couldn't understand why such a young girl with a beautiful daughter like Caylee possibly be in the middle of this and I found myself doing searches daily - that's how I found this forum - and from here I discovered Nancy Grace (ha ha) and every since then, I log in every day -sometimes 3 or 4 times a day to see what the lastest happenings are. The reason I'm still following this case is because it reminds me of a soap opera. You think you know the characters well but then they throw you a curve ball and the drama starts all back over again, keeping you on the edge of your seat as you try to figure how what is going to happen next. It's like a neverending story but in this case, a very sad story because we lost little Caylee and unlike a character in a soap opera, she won't come back. :(

When the case first broke and made national news I, being a true crime fiend, wanted more information so I googled it and was directed to another site that had me sucked in for quite awhile. Can't recall now how I was directed to WS, but when I found this website, I stopped visiting the other one completely. WS is hands down much more respectful of everyone and the intolerance of BS is really commendable. Plus, I enjoy reading everyone's bright, insightful opinions. I'm not a big poster but have been lurking almost since day one.
So that's how I found WS. Why I keep coming back is to just simply find out what happened to Caylee. All of the Anthony family's bizarre actions, the way they talk, the lies. I'm just completely intrigued by them and when it's all said and done, I hope Casey (and hopefully the rest of the family as well) will get what's coming to her.

WELCOME Heresthething. Good to see you posting.

What originally made me look into Caylee's case was the news. I heard the story on the national news, and I just couldnt imagine 31 having gone past without the mother reporting her child kidnapped. I knew there must be more to this story and was curious to find out what was happening. I googled Caylee Anthony, found websleuths and a few other blogs, and was quickly enaged. The reason I stayed at Websleuths was because of the actual information that could be found here. Its so unlike so many other groups, where rumor, speculation, and bad language is totally acceptable. As I started to read more about this case, I felt that websleuths was going to find the truth about what happened to this sweet baby. I don't post often, but I read everything! It always amazes me that there are so many concerned, hard working, dedicated, and intelligent posters and mods, who are willing to put their own lives on hold to find justice for a stranger! the reason I follow this case in particular is that I have never seen anything like it! The players in this one have sunk to depths that I didnt know were possible. This sweet child didn't ask for her family, and got born into the snake pit. Its sad to me that the public cares more for her than her own family ever did, but it motivates me to continue looking for justice.

31 days, Cindy's panicked 911 call, images of and video of Caylee, Casey wide eyed and smirking in cuffs strutting, the begining of the slippery slope of Cindy covering for her daughter by changing her story about the smell of the Pontiac. The video and audio of Casey interacting with family...

I have news for the Anthony's, we're not going anywhere though they would like to think of this and handle this as a private family matter, we all patiently bide our time until there is justice for our little girl.
Though none of us ever got the chance to hold Caylee, to hear her laughter fill a room, to feel care free joy as we watched her dance across the room or to never have gotten a whiff of her long brown hair as she leaned against us, she stays in our hearts where we are protective of her.

Love is that powerful. Far more powerful than the negative that took Caylee's life nearly two years ago and keeps reoccurring.

You don't have to worry Caylee, we're not going anywhere. We are here for you.

When the case first broke and made national news I, being a true crime fiend, wanted more information so I googled it and was directed to another site that had me sucked in for quite awhile. Can't recall now how I was directed to WS, but when I found this website, I stopped visiting the other one completely. WS is hands down much more respectful of everyone and the intolerance of BS is really commendable. Plus, I enjoy reading everyone's bright, insightful opinions. I'm not a big poster but have been lurking almost since day one.
So that's how I found WS. Why I keep coming back is to just simply find out what happened to Caylee. All of the Anthony family's bizarre actions, the way they talk, the lies. I'm just completely intrigued by them and when it's all said and done, I hope Casey (and hopefully the rest of the family as well) will get what's coming to her.

Welcnewmembs-vi.jpg

I've followed this case since the first day. For me, it went like this, while watching the news:

What a sweet little girl to be missing, how sad...wait, 31 DAYS?!...Cindy and George making excuses, and me thinking, "Wait a minute--that's not what you said yesterday!"...and the obsession began.

I don't post a lot, but I check into Websleuths every single day because Caylee deserves our attention. And this is such a reasonable site!

Also, it's like a train wreck, I guess. It's like, "What will they say/do today?!"

I will follow the case to the conclusion. I'm not a death penalty advocate, but I want L w/o P so bad, I can taste it. I shake my head every single day about this case.

And thanks, sleuthers, for educating me about psychopaths--I've learned a lot!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back