What Got/Keeps You Involved in Caylee's Case?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been watching Bill S. throughout the trial and I have to agree with you. From his comments I have no idea how he could expect us to believe that is his honest opinion. He has been extremely critical of Baez and I truly can't think of any compliments he has paid to him. I must have missed them. :waitasec:

Probably you didn't watch him today. :)

I read a lot of true crime, and in many of these books the police have commented that lots of people make fake suicide attempts when the going gets too hot, that way they get out of Dodge for a while, get to write self-serving notes, and garner sympathy.
I'm curious about these true crime books about fake suicide attempts.Were these attempts by people who were caught dead to rights guilty? Where they successful in any way?

Okay, I went to law school, and while I was NEVER a trial attorney I do have court experience. I'm disabled, so I no longer practice law (sigh). My husband got me totally addicted to this trial with a mere suggestion back in May (perhaps some peeps in his office wanted somebody watching the whole time).

So I'm here.

BBM, true to a point, however, Casey was in jail, it was her parents who were on the TV circuit, sending nasty emails to Tim Miller, threatening news men, hosing protestors, just making an all-around scene, plus spreading a few, well a lot of "untruths". Without GA and CA acting the way they did, this case would probably been over and done with long ago and a lot more cheaply.

My opinion only

You bring up a good point. CA's blind faith of ICA was truly bizarre. I do not know enough about her to understand her need for such intense denial. You are right that they really hindered the investigation. They were both incredibly obnoxious during the depos.

I still contend that CA pressured GA. His silence does not appear to be guilt, for example, during the jailhouse visits, but rather he had the knowledge that his daughter had somehow harmed Caylee, but was trying to support his daughter.

The stress of the public attention, as I stated before, along with all the other issues caused these people to incredible levels of anxiety and distress.

Prior to Caylee's disappearance, the people looked remarkably typical and fairly healthy. The videos and pictures paint a rather happy existence. Was there dysfunction? Absolutely. Does it rise to an excuse for mrder/accident cover up? No, not for me.

Crazy making such as we see stems from people with personality disorders. Our young narcissist sociopath really appears to be at the heart of all the crazy.....

JMHO

Oh, GA's suicide to me appears genuine. I think he indeed was at the brink of being unable to cope. I blame Cindy for pushing him to pretend/cover for ICA. Some people do use suicide as a means of seeking attention. Attention is the last thing GA wanted. He was a broken man. I think he truly Felt life was too difficult and he felt responsible for not doing more to intervene to protect caylee.

What a crazy crazy case! :banghead:

I hate her, I admit it.

Here's why. There is NO way to excuse what she has done.

IF (I don't believe it) it was an accident, she still partied, show now signs of grieving, put duct tape over her baby's face and threw her in the swamp. IF it had been an accident she should have done what 100% of people do, call 911, get help, just do the proper things, not disrespect her child's dead body. She stripped Caylee of ALL dignity and this is all IF in was just an accident. I'm at the point I don't even care if it was an accident, She deserves LWOP for everything that came after.

I hate her for all the lives she destroyed. Just think of all the people, her parents, brother, Roy Kronk, I could go on and on. She has singlehandedly caused so much pain and uproaor, never mind the cost of trial.

Now if it was on purpose, I hate her for taking a sweet innocent child's life. She had NO right. She was a mother, she should have been the one to protect Caylee not harm her. It's an abomination to be given such a gift and to literally destroy it. For that she should pay.

Now matter how and what happened, just for the every single rotten thing that came after, the tossing of Caylee, the lies, misleading LE, letting hundreds of people search, let her parents suffer, OMG they suffered at first wondering. Nobody should have to go through that just because another wills it.

I could go on and on, I feel so strongly. I will be bitterly disappointed if she doesn't get at LEAST 30 years, she derserves it, accident that went wrong or not. She still caused the death of her child and treated her poor little body with such utter disrespect. She should get an extra 10 years just for tossing the body.

I cannot even fathom a not guilty verdict, how someone could do all the other things she did and be free to walk out, it would be a complete and utter travesty. Caylee deserved better in life and certainly better than being thrown to rot in the swamp and be chewed on by animals in death and THAT is what Casey did to her accident or not. :banghead:

I am very passionate about kids. When the story broke I knew she had killed her. When her family decided to toss Caylee aside to protect ICA I promised Caylee I would sit vigal until it was over. I am sure many of you made the same promise. That is what drew me to the case

How I got here was by way of looking for a friend of my niece who is to this day missing. Brandy Hall, firefighter from Palm Bay, Fl. The searches were to no avail and when I asked Tim Miller to come to town, I decided I liked what they do so I joined Texas Equusearch. Just so happens, that was about the same time that the searches began for Caylee. I started searching for stories online and found WS. Became a member and stayed involved in the searches. This was a toddler that was missing and it affected me from the start. I met some wonderful people from all over the country and some from Canada that came to look for Caylee. You might not remember their last name but, you knew what their handle was from WS. We walked through the muck and the mire, thorns, ticks, chiggers, spiders, snakes and in some places there were gators. We prayed, we bonded, we cried and when we laid down at night, we were totally spent.

I have followed the case for the past three years and now that it's time for trial, I was livid the day of opening statements when Baez spit out "she never was missing", "she drowned in the pool on 6/16/2008.....when, blah, blah, blah." I could have literally thrown my laptop through the TV when I heard him say that. If there was an ounce of truth to it, he should have divulged that info and she would have been judged on the accident and have been done with it by now. IMO, Baez is as guilty if not more so for using that story and elaborating all these "other" people are responsible for this. My feelings are emotional at this point and I try to keep it in control for instance by staying off the forum today as I figured I'd get into trouble by reacting through my posts. Am I mad? You bet I am. Baez, ICA, CA, whoever knew Caylee was already gone before we did is on my list........forever.

I'm curious about these true crime books about fake suicide attempts.Were these attempts by people who were caught dead to rights guilty? Where they successful in any way?

No, most were not caught yet, just coming under scrutiny. In a few cases they were successful.

Heard about the lengths she took with the cops to keep the Universal Studios lies alive...

I knew then we had a "winner".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back