What if another parent from Skyline abducted Kyron?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That was my first thought, too. It still lingers in my mind. Not necessarily about the other tree-frog parent. Just any parent whose child's display wasn't up to Kyron's. Kyron's exhibit was quite professional looking. Looks like he had more to do with the little scene below than the display board above.

Kudos to you, you aren't afraid to post it!

Kyron is such a a cute kid ... I truly hope he is able to come back home.

BBM. Thank you so much for saying this! Several weeks ago, I was "afraid" to post my gut reactions to the initial press conference with Kyron's biological and step-parents. I thought that TMH appeared to be "over-sexed" :blushing: and was embarrassed to post this here at WS. As it turned out, my instincts about this woman were accurate when we learned about the sexting and suggestive photos that she was sharing with MC.

My instincts tell me that there is "more than meets the eye" going on in Kyron's disappearance and that "all is not as it seems". I can't quite put my finger on it just yet, but I'm not ready to jump on the "step-mom did it" bandwagon. jmo

Just throwing this out there. What do you think would have happen if the school did call Terry at home and there was no answer? Does the school have her cell number? Would the school have called Kaine then? And then Kaine would have called Terry right? I think she would have turned around and went home and Kyron would have been still alive. I think she planned this whole thing by going to the school so Kyron would not have been marked absent. IMO it would have blew her mind. It would have changed everything. Poor baby my heart just breaks thinking of the what if's....

Prayers for Kyron :praying:

The parent of K*****, the other boy that did the tree-frog project, is the woman who was interviewed stating she believed Terri was innocent and that she had allowed her son to go bowling with Terri and family 5 days before the disappearance(There's a thread that is solely about her interview in this forum)...

... She is also the woman who just recently lost her husband in a car accident and was left to raise 5 boys all alone :-(

The father coached basketball and soccer,was also part of the boys jamboree when he was alive.

Just throwing this out there. What do you think would have happen if the school did call Terry at home and there was no answer? Does the school have her cell number? Would the school have called Kaine then? And then Kaine would have called Terry right? I think she would have turned around and went home and Kyron would have been still alive. I think she planned this whole thing by going to the school so Kyron would not have been marked absent. IMO it would have blew her mind. It would have changed everything. Poor baby my heart just breaks thinking of the what if's....

I was a bit puzzled when Desiree mentioned that the school secretary had contacted her regarding Kyron's disappearance with step-mom apparently standing in the office. Where was Kaine at the time? I also wondered why Desiree, who lives 4+ hours away from Skyline, was listed as the contact person? Yes, she's Kyron's mother, but in case of an emergency situation where the parent/guardian needed to be there immediately, this did not make sense to me.

Was Kaine the primary contact in case of emergency? Who among the four parental units was authorized to approve emergency transport and/or treatment? Most schools want the contact person to be available very quickly in case the child is injured or taken ill and requires immediate removal from the school to be taken home or to hospital. jmo

I was a bit puzzled when Desiree mentioned that the school secretary had contacted her regarding Kyron's disappearance with step-mom apparently standing in the office. Where was Kaine at the time? I also wondered why Desiree, who lives 4+ hours away from Skyline, was listed as the contact person? Yes, she's Kyron's mother, but in case of an emergency situation where the parent/guardian needed to be there immediately, this did not make sense to me.

Was Kaine the primary contact in case of emergency? Who among the four parental units was authorized to approve emergency transport and/or treatment? Most schools want the contact person to be available very quickly in case the child is injured or taken ill and requires immediate removal from the school to be taken home or to hospital. jmo

Desiree said in an interview that she was the emergency contact. That makes sense as she would be able to make decisions regarding Kyron if Kaine could not be reached.

Desiree said in an interview that she was the emergency contact. That makes sense as she would be able to make decisions regarding Kyron if Kaine could not be reached.

If a child requires emergency medical treatment and needs to be taken to hospital, a parent or guardian must be present to authorize. A public school is not going to take the responsibility of allowing any type of treatment for a child without the express permission of parents or legal guardian. If the school were to act without written consent of parent/guardian, there could be a huge liability to the school district that most aren't willing to risk in this day and age. jmo

The parent of K*****, the other boy that did the tree-frog project, is the woman who was interviewed stating she believed Terri was innocent and that she had allowed her son to go bowling with Terri and family 5 days before the disappearance(There's a thread that is solely about her interview in this forum)...

... She is also the woman who just recently lost her husband in a car accident and was left to raise 5 boys all alone :-(

I did not get the impression that she said Terri was innocent. Nor did I feel she said she was guilty.

I think she was just so overcome with lots of emotions, including who do you trust.

Yes that was puzzling to me also. Where was Kaine? I know that the school has emergency contact numbers with both parents, when there is a divorce. Well that is what they do here in NY. Even when my grandson was having trouble in Math they also called his father....I know my daughter would have called her ex immediately while enroute to the school.Why didn't Kaine call Desiree on the way to the school, he did say they rushed there when the bus driver said Kyron wasn't in school. I just can't figure this whole thing. We are missing something...JMO...

If a child requires emergency medical treatment and needs to be taken to hospital, a parent or guardian must be present to authorize. A public school is not going to take the responsibility of allowing any type of treatment for a child with the express permission of parents or legal guardian. If the school were to act without written consent of parent/guardian, there could be a huge liability to the school district that most aren't willing to risk in this day and age. jmo

Those are usually signed at the beginning of the school year. Giving permission for a child to be treated in the event you cannot be reached immediately.

There would be a huge liability if the school didn't get emergency treatment for a child needing it.

This is going off topic so I will say no more on it.

I thought it was Terri who told the school to call Desiree so she would not have to call?

As far as Kyron being Ok now if only the school had phoned someone...chances are they may not have called until lunchtime or at the end of the day. But even if they had called within the first hour, we don't know what would have become of Kyron because we do not know who took him or what has happened to him. If it was a predator of some sort, he may not have been alive very long at all. And if it was Terri, she probably would not have answered her phone until she was "clear". She could have said she was anyplace, which she may have done anyway. We don't know where she said she was.

This case really is quite baffling in so many ways. And as much as I am almost positively convinced that Terri acted completely alone in this, The actions alone are quite convincing (i.e. could the stepmom of this little boy be involved in such criminal activity such as MFH plot, NOT able to pass a poly[and its obviously questions directly about Kyron that she is failing, bio parents have stated this also] along with sociopathic behavior of complete self absorption in some quite inappropriate ways) Could all of these issues, actions, and involvement of Terri actually be COMPLETELY UNRELATED? I'd think it ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE, but then again there is that small possibility that all things to do with Terri are infact COMPLETELY UNRELATED to Kyron's disappearance. There is a case that comes to mind that fits this mold, and forgive me I cannot think of the victims name, maybe someone can remind me. But the daughter had disappeared, the suspicion was solely on the mother(as is here but SM), the mom could not pass a poly(as is here), and the mom was involved in criminal activity(as is here). All heat was put on the mom everyone believed her to be the guilty party, but they were all wrong and in the end the mom was cleared of any involvement of her daughter's death and reasons for her not passing a poly involved oxycontin(if I'm not mistaken) and criminal drug activity that she and her boyfriend were involved in. (Again if anyone knows the names and better details of this case please feel free to refresh my memory). But this case IMO proves that though very small chance, that there is indeed a very real chance that Terri's issues could not be related to Kyron's disappearance and that indeed someone else (IMO it would be most likely that it was complete stranger, unrelated in any way to any of the ppl involved, and is strictly a random, unplanned abduction, that a pedophile saw an opportunity that was too good to pass up) This is ABSOLUTE FRIGHTENING TO ME and I fear that LE is too fearful of the uproar that WILL OCCUR if suddenly this is found to be the case. In the back of my head I can't help but think that LE is turning a COMPLETE BLIND EYE to this possibility and that unfortunately for EVERYONE, especially Kyron, LE has COMPLETE TUNNEL VISION on Terri...

ETA- eyes4crime I may just end up owing you a BIG apology because I know I have in the past discounted some of your speculations of Tunnel Vision pertaining to Terri and if that indeed turns out to be the case I WILL BE THE FIRST TO GIVE YOU THAT APOLOGY :-0

BBM

And (according to Kaine)...Terri's timeline does not match up and she refuses to tell police why this is so...

It's VERY difficult to entertain a scenario where she is not involved in this crime. If another parent is is involved, Terri is involved, too, in my opinion.

I would love to know what all TH said when she got to the school that day. At least I don't think we've heard except for her having the secretary call DY. Did she come in already calling him missing? Did she ask to search the school or talk to his teacher? Was she angry he went missing on the schools watch and that she wasn't notified? What about what she said to Kaine when Kyron wasn't on the bus? I would think the possibility of him simply having missed the bus would have been thrown out. Did they then call the school and ask if that was the case or just automatically decided he was "missing"?

I would love to know what all TH said when she got to the school that day. At least I don't think we've heard except for her having the secretary call DY. Did she come in already calling him missing? Did she ask to search the school or talk to his teacher? Was she angry he went missing on the schools watch and that she wasn't notified? What about what she said to Kaine when Kyron wasn't on the bus? I would think the possibility of him simply having missed the bus would have been thrown out. Did they then call the school and ask if that was the case or just automatically decided he was "missing"?

I believe that Kaine reported that when they met the bus and Kyron was not on it, he immediately ran to go back to the school. Terri, however, asked the bus driver to call the school and see if Kyron had missed the bus. That's when they discovered Kyron was not at school most of the day.

I don't remember if we know if KH and TH went back to the school after that.

(1) As far as Terri being the one to tell the secretary to call I don't think it was ever made clear. Desiree stated that at 4:25 she received a call at work from Susan Hall the school secretary that stated, "I was told to call you since you are Kyron's emergency contact." Desiree said at that time she said yes, I am the contact, I am Kyron's mother. Then Susan Hall proceeded to tell her that Kyron was missing, Desiree questioned how could Kyron be missing and asked Susan was Terri there, secretary replied yes and Desiree hung up and immediately called Terri(I'm assuming on her cell) at which time Terri explained that she had gone to the Science Fair with Kyron that morning stayed for a few mins then walked Kyron ALMOST to his classroom where she waved good bye. Desiree says that at that very moment Terri's story "didn't strike me right" and that she had gut instinct from that very moment that Terri was involved.

(2) I don't know of any info that tells us what Terri's reaction was when 1st arriving at the school(after finding he had not been there all day)... Sure would like to know..

(3) When Kaine, baby K and Terri arrived at the bus stop Kaine said that the driver immediately told them that Kyron was not on the bus(he also stated that Kyron was the only child that got off at that particular bus stop).
Kaine said that at first being told this by the driver he didn't panic, rather assumed Kyron did not take the bus and was waiting at the school for them to pick him up there.(I wish the reporter would have followed up by asking was this something Kyron regularly or occasionally did, not taking the bus home and having them come to get him from the school.. but oh well it wasn't asked).. Kaine said that the driver immediately called the school from her cell phone as Kaine, Terri and baby K stood there. The driver then relayed the info that according to Kyron's teacher he had never made it to class and had been marked absent early that morning.. At that time is when Kaine says the panic started and they immediately went to Skyline School... And then you have what I stated above in (1) with Desiree's acct of the phone call from secretary, etc, etc. We don't know the first reactions of Terri or Kaine upon arriving back at the school..

I would like to know and do find it quite odd that from the time the bus driver informs them that Kyron had not been seen since first thing that morning and we know they then proceeded to the school. Why at or during that time did Kaine nor Terri call Desiree to let her know what was going on? This strikes me as odd:waitasec:. Why would they wait until at the school and allow the school secretary to make that call(as I said we don't know who requested for the secretary to call Desiree, the secretary only states she was told to call Desiree because she was listed as Kyron's emergency contact) That, to me, sounds more like a direction given by school staff to the secretary to contact Kyron's emergency #. To me, that doesn't sound like she was asked or told by Kaine or Terri to give Kyron's mom a call, or the secretary would have said something like "Kaine and/or Terri wanted me to call you to let you know what's happened concerning your son", but from the secretary's wording to Desiree it sounded more as a school formality that was being followed per the principal or whomever in charge...

Why wouldn't Kaine or Terri have personally called Kyron's mom Desiree?
I know some may say, well, they thought they'd soon thereafter find Kyron therefore no need to panic Desiree 4 and half hours away. But it sounded to me that Terri was nearby when secretary made the phone call and wouldve known the call was being placed. And her or Kaine wouldve thought it best to be coming from one of them rather a stranger informing her of such a traumatic event.
ETA- Of course it is just specualtion on my part when I say it seemed Terri was nearby when the call was made. Maybe just sounded that way by the way Desiree told it. So, we don't know for fact that Terri was "right there" by secretary when call was placed to Desiree. Just wanted to make that clear

(3) When Kaine, baby K and Terri arrived at the bus stop Kaine said that the driver immediately told them that Kyron was not on the bus(he also stated that Kyron was the only child that got off at that particular bus stop, also).
(RSBM...BBM)

Whoa. Wait. What?

If Kyron is the only child who got off there. And Kyron was not on the bus. Why would the driver stop there in the first place?

This just doesn't make any sense. It's not like a public bus route, where the stops are made just because there's a stop to make them at. This is a school bus. Specific route, and absolutely no reason to go to the Hormon residence (or stop) if there was no Kyron.

Now, I'll admit, I had a glass of wine with dinner. But this is just not making any sense at all. Can someone help me out here?

Best-
Herding Cats

(RSBM...BBM)

Whoa. Wait. What?

If Kyron is the only child who got off there. And Kyron was not on the bus. Why would the driver stop there in the first place?

This just doesn't make any sense. It's not like a public bus route, where the stops are made just because there's a stop to make them at. This is a school bus. Specific route, and absolutely no reason to go to the Hormon residence (or stop) if there was no Kyron.

Now, I'll admit, I had a glass of wine with dinner. But this is just not making any sense at all. Can someone help me out here?

Best-
Herding Cats

If I were the bus driver, and the kid for that stop is not on the bus, but his folks are standing at the stop looking at me like they expect their kid to be on the bus, I think I would stop and let them know rather than just drive on by. Wouldn't that be rather rude?

(RSBM...BBM)

Whoa. Wait. What?

Best-
Herding Cats

Hi, possibly he knew the Hormans and realized something wasn't right if they were at the bus stop waiting. The bus drivers have a pretty good sense of whats going on on the route by the end of the school year.

ETA: Sorry gwenabob. I see you answered it already.

Prayers for Kyron :praying:

I did have a child that disappeared from line as we were waiting out in the hall for the bus. I had turned my head for some reason and the child was gone.

I was quite sure that the parent had taken the child, but took no chances.

I called every person on the list, and told them why I was calling.

The mother did get a hold of me eventually. She had taken the child while my head was turned. Should I have called the police? Now I think I would.

If a child is absent, because now we have no busing due to budget cuts and the parents transport, I call a parent once and leave a message , or if there is no phone, I document that as we have computer absence recording.

What should a teacher do if a parent has no phone and the contacts don't answer as well?

I'm just asking.

I am no longer in a classroom, thank goodness.

(RSBM...BBM)

Whoa. Wait. What?

Best-
Herding Cats

Yes, it didn't at first hearing Kaine state this make complete sense to me and the only logical reason I could think of was that the bus route goes that way regardless of whether Kyron is being dropped off or not, and that the bus driver clearly saw Kaine, Terri, and baby K standing there at the stop. thus the driver of course stopped because I'm sure at that point she was quite puzzled why they would be standing there waiting for Kyron when she knew he was not the bus...
So, put that way it does make sense to me...

As for another parent abducting Kyron, I don't think the LE would have initially stated that "this was not a random abduction". That said, I think the LE has known much more than spoken to the public from the beginning but do not as yet have enough proof.

Since I cannot come up with any logical motive, I wonder if the moderator could put on another topic concerning possible "accidents" that could have happened to Kyron and TH covering it up....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back