What if the body isn't 6 months decomposed?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps odor of pesticide still in bag. Forensics folks aren't opposed to sticking their noses near stuff and taking a smell- something you and I don't want to do but they can detect odors that can be significant (example - odor of bitter almonds = cyanide poisoning, sweet-sickenng odor can be diabetic ketoacidosis, etc.).

The Pesticide bothers me. Who else would have known to use that on the body except GA...I dont think KC was that smart in that aspect.

In order to get the search warrant, I would think they need to show just cause to ask for the items . . . based on something that was with the body or they suspect (e.g., poisoning)?

And welcome, scratchthatitch. :)
thank you :) i've been reading here from the beginning but have just now been able to post *exhale*
as far as the poisoning, that is a valid theory, but again, i don't feel that the bag contained obvious evidence (to the naked eye) for anything new to warrant the interest in pesticides. i think they had to only have just cause to enter the house again and the new developments provided that. i've read many posts about using pesticides to squelch the insect activity in the car and i could definately imagine that being an immediate problem KC had to deal with. i don't believe that the pesticides would have left any detectable residue in the bags-unless she threw an empty can in with the body:eek:

If pesticides were used, maybe it was to repel the maggots, and she didn't know about the speeding up of decomp or masking the smell??

I would guess that either the defense or prosecution would order some testing, maybe even at that body farm and have all the possible scenarios of decomp tested....chloraform, pesticides, underwater, wrapped in plastic, etc.

I don't believe it was KC using the pesticide, I believe it was GA or CA spraying the trunk of the car to get rid of the flies the smell was bring into the garage. I believe the car was in the garage for awhile, cause LA and KC was sitting in the car talking, and LA said he had to get out of the car because it smelled so bad. JMO

I'm really confused because I thought Jane (covering for NG or on her own show) had someone on that said pesticides speed up decomposition and mask the smell.

WENDY MURPHY, FORMER PROSECUTOR: Yes, exactly. And we don`t know the precise date when these computer searches were done, how it correlates with the ever-evolving timeline. We don`t exactly know when she disappeared. There`s been so much misinformation about that -- lies I should say -- out of the Anthony family home.

One thing I want to go back to Jane, we talked about pesticides earlier. I used to be a counsel to the chief medical examiner`s office here in Massachusetts. Pesticides are commonly used when the homicide is, you know, not necessarily intentional, but you are trying to get rid of the body.

It speeds up decomposition and covers up odor; covers up odor. Think about that. Summer, hot; they`ve got to cover up the odor. Try to get the body to decompose quickly so it won`t be discovered. Perhaps that`s why they were looking for pesticides.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/12/ijvm.01.html

There is an article on the net

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1187922.cms

explaining the use of pesticides to speed up decomp in the Indian heat.

If pesticides were used, maybe it was to repel the maggots, and she didn't know about the speeding up of decomp or masking the smell??

Thats a good thought...Forgot about the maggots!!Poor Baby!!

Oh god, this reminds me of the Danielle van dam westerfield trial where there were weeks and weeks of expert testimony on both sides about the bugs and how they indicated the time of death-- disgusting and gross to say the least. My guess is this is what they are going to pin their hat on--that the bugs show the time of death to be when KC was in prison so the nanny had to have put her in KC's high school hangout which KC must have told her about because they were so tight!

Do we know if pestacides were actually removed, or is the media just reporting that because they saw the sprayers being taken out? My opinion? A pesticide sprayer can hold any liquid just like a gas can does. Unless the media saw an actual commercially labeled can, I am not going to assume that those sprayers contained pesticides.

The Pesticide bothers me. Who else would have known to use that on the body except GA...I dont think KC was that smart in that aspect.

Is anyone familiar with the movies Casey and TA rented from Blockbusters? If so, were pesticides used in either movie they watched?

Originally Posted by Noway
I'm really confused because I thought Jane (covering for NG or on her own show) had someone on that said pesticides speed up decomposition and mask the smell.

WENDY MURPHY, FORMER PROSECUTOR: Yes, exactly. And we don`t know the precise date when these computer searches were done, how it correlates with the ever-evolving timeline. We don`t exactly know when she disappeared. There`s been so much misinformation about that -- lies I should say -- out of the Anthony family home.

One thing I want to go back to Jane, we talked about pesticides earlier. I used to be a counsel to the chief medical examiner`s office here in Massachusetts. Pesticides are commonly used when the homicide is, you know, not necessarily intentional, but you are trying to get rid of the body.

It speeds up decomposition and covers up odor; covers up odor. Think about that. Summer, hot; they`ve got to cover up the odor. Try to get the body to decompose quickly so it won`t be discovered. Perhaps that`s why they were looking for pesticides.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...2/ijvm.01.html

Insects speed up decomposition and make corpses disappear not the other way around. Like plastic and tape, pesticides would preserve soft tissue for longer.

Casey may have used it to keep flies from swarming around her trunk, but that decision left more of Caylee for LE to investigate.

After finding the remains, LE searched the Anthony home and removed pesticides, among other things.

I've heard it said that pesticides preserve the body or slow decomposition.

Does that mean the body does not appear to have 6 months decomposition or that pesticides were immediately detected?

If pesticides aren't found, if the body doesn't show 6 months decomposition, if the pesticides don't match what was taken from the Anthony home... Questions, I have questions.

JoAnn_W
it was reported by msm that the remains were consistent with 6 months of decomposition.

Do we know if pestacides were actually removed, or is the media just reporting that because they saw the sprayers being taken out? My opinion? A pesticide sprayer can hold any liquid just like a gas can does. Unless the media saw an actual commercially labeled can, I am not going to assume that those sprayers contained pesticides.

The kind of spray pumps show in the video are sold separately from pesticide concentrates. They can be used to spray any liquid and aren't associated with any particular product.

Mine are empty right now. We use them to spray weed killer and fertilizer more than pesticides.

The kind of spray pumps show in the video are sold separately from pesticide concentrates. They can be used to spray any liquid and aren't associated with any particular product.

Mine are empty right now. We use them to spray weed killer and fertilizer more than pesticides.

Yes, thank you. My thoughts exactly. We have one of those sprayers, and we use it for weedkillers too.
Question for you sleuthers... does anyone else out there have 2 pesticide sprayers? It seems kind of odd to me. Like the 4 vacuums, and 2 gas cans. They seem to have extras of everything!

With GA's background, who knows what all homicide hiding chemicals that sprayer could have really contained.

Hopefully they can time that to the fluids in the car. But if the A's try to say the bag couldn't have been at the location she was found the whole time, here's some speculation only:

Maybe Caylee was reburied in the backyard sometime after the first search and GA used both the lime and the pesticides to keep the bugs (and LE suspicions) down back there. Or maybe GA used the lime and pesticides after she was dug up to be moved, again to take care of any bugs/smell that would cause suspicions.

Remember, after a while the backyard started to be a topic of conversation again (started to be a "hot" topic), and CA got all excited when people talked about looking there again. Maybe she was put in the garbage bag and "redone" to look like a kidnapping (tape across mouth), then placed where LE found her this time. But maybe this time with a paver from the backyard in the package to keep her submerged (even though the area she was found in is dry now, up to now it has been super wet since we had so much rain in August due to TS Fay).

I always think about when people saw GA looking at the woods about 4 miles away 2 different times - perhaps scoping out a new hiding place even then?

And, sorry, I know this isn't the right thread but while I'm typing I just have to vent about LA snatching up that cross and memorial in anger and taking all to throw away. I saw the clip on local news 2 hours ago and my blood is still boiling now :mad:

Tannic acid from leaves decomposing in the standing water where the body was found would act as a preservative. Tannic acid also has antibiotic properties.

Yes, thank you. My thoughts exactly. We have one of those sprayers, and we use it for weedkillers too.
Question for you sleuthers... does anyone else out there have 2 pesticide sprayers? It seems kind of odd to me. Like the 4 vacuums, and 2 gas cans. They seem to have extras of everything!

With GA's background, who knows what all homicide hiding chemicals that sprayer could have really contained.

We have 4. My husband is a pack rat.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties